• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Chip.

you know what to do
coming from someone who has never played brawl, your point makes a lot of sense and i'd have to say, you've convinced me.

enjoying holding on to melee while it lies in it's own filth, waiting to die.
Wow Adam, way to take Brawl so seriously. I don't need to play the game to know that it's competitive crap. I've heard it from Deva along with other people that the game is hella fun but does not hold a candle to Melee's outstanding competitiveness. I already said that we need to give Brawl time for it to mature and perhaps evolve it's metagame. But as of right now, Melee is way better than Brawl.

Your opinion is prevaricated, as I fail to understand whether or not you comprehend that Melee is better than Brawl right now. But because you continue to stab at people's opinions, such as my own, whom know Melee is the better game, I cannot be sure anymore. It seems you think Brawl is ultimately the better game. . . LOL really? How? The "new" things you discover every match are probably meaningless and won't contribute to the game's competitive gameplay. No one really knows if any of the future advanced techniques in Brawl will help it at all for tournament capabilities. It's all theoretical.

also, contradicting statements like 'it's up to us to find new techniques in brawl' and 'long live melee' don't make sense.
Melee is so far the way better competitive fighting game obviously. Which is why I still want to keep playing it LOL. That doesn't mean I still won't play Brawl and strive to discover new techniques to make the already slow game better. So nice job pointing out non-existent contradictions. LOL.

In the long run, I don't think Brawl will quite be succesful as Melee was. I mean if there isn't any methods of quick mobility like wavedashing, an alternate way of cancelling arials 100% of the time, increasing the overall speed of the game so it isn't such slow poop, etc. then I think Melee will probably end up being better. But who knows for sure? Brawl could quickly pick up some speed though to help nurture it's competitive atmosphere.

But still. . .

Melee is way better than Brawl.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'll say what I said in the GC thread, and melee took like, 2 years to become how it is even near now. When I started playing in 2003, for 2 years it was roll dodge and f-smash spams. peach downsmash spams. And once a blue moon a productive wavedash. Give Brawl time, stop writing it off already.

I'll say what I said in the GC thread, and melee took like, 2 years to become how it is even near now. When I started playing in 2003, for 2 years it was roll dodge and f-smash spams. peach downsmash spams. And once a blue moon a productive wavedash. Give Brawl time, stop writing it off already.
I guess I'll say this again. That doesn't really apply now that we actually have knowledge of the series as a whole and it's not entirely different lol.

Nintendo_on

Smash Apprentice
now will you kindly SIT DOWN

edit: "Your opinion is prevaricated, as I fail to understand whether or not you comprehend that Melee is better than Brawl right now. But because you continue to stab at people's opinions, such as my own, whom know Melee is the better game"

This is ridiculous sounding. for one, you're just a little boy. two, adam has played both games, so your opinion is automatically flushed down the toilet. three, SIT DOWN, little kid.

Second Edit: Also, i just noticed that you said this earlier"As for all this Brawl stuff, I can't really say anything since I have not played it."

Okay, so you know why you should keep your mouth shut but then go against your own advice and let all that garbage spew out? This is only more proof that kids should not try to argue on the internet. Nothing against you, Chip. I think you're a fine lad, but your brain is not fully developed yet and you tend to say things that sound ********.

Adam is entirely right about the speed of the game not making a difference in competitive play. The game is slow in comparison to melee, that's the REAL complaint i'm hearing. If faster gameplay meant wider audience for competition then no one would play baseball or starcraft. This game isn't even out in North America yet, hell you haven't even played the import yet, and your whining like a baby for its milk. Just stop, you make yourself sound like an a$$

Chip.

you know what to do
now will you kindly STFU

edit: "Your opinion is prevaricated, as I fail to understand whether or not you comprehend that Melee is better than Brawl right now. But because you continue to stab at people's opinions, such as my own, whom know Melee is the better game"

This is ridiculous sounding. for one, you're just a little boy. two, adam has played both games, so your opinion is automatically flushed down the toilet. three, STFU little kid.
Unfortunately that wasn't the point of my post. I'm not johning, or complaining, that "Brawl sucks" because it's not competitive or "Brawl sucks" because it doesn't have advanced techniques so far, etc. I'm saying that Melee is better than Brawl competitively IMHO from what I've seen and heard. Brawl still sounds very fun and I can't wait to try it out ^_^.

You're just too ignorant to understand the basis of my point, or else that spam picture would've been funnier if I really was complaining about Brawl being a competitively bad game. Right now, it's competitive crap. In the future, I think it may become competitive but not quite as competitvely good as Melee. As for Adam, he isn't good at either of games, so he doesn't understand complexities of either game or how they work. Granted, I've never played Brawl, correct, so I have no idea about various aspects of Brawl, but I've seen enough vids and heard enough opinions that it makes me think it most likely won't be a greater competitive game than Melee. Sakarai didn't intend for Melee to be competitive, but he absolutely is making sure the same does not happen to Brawl. Who knows if that will happen or not though. Now please, GTFO, because all your doing is demonstrating nothing but poor reading comprehension and using childish insults like "little kid" as comebacks because your too butt hurt over an discussion I'm having with your friend.

now will you kindly SIT DOWN

This is ridiculous sounding. for one, you're just a little boy. two, adam has played both games, so your opinion is automatically flushed down the toilet. three, SIT DOWN, little kid.

Second Edit: Also, i just noticed that you said this earlier"As for all this Brawl stuff, I can't really say anything since I have not played it."

Okay, so you know why you should keep your mouth shut but then go against your own advice and let all that garbage spew out? This is only more proof that kids should not try to argue on the internet. Nothing against you, Chip. I think you're a fine lad, but your brain is not fully developed yet and you tend to say things that sound ********.

Adam is entirely right about the speed of the game not making a difference in competitive play. The game is slow in comparison to melee, that's the REAL complaint i'm hearing. If faster gameplay meant wider audience for competition then no one would play baseball or starcraft. This game isn't even out in North America yet, hell you haven't even played the import yet, and your whining like a baby for its milk. Just stop, you make yourself sound like an a$$
EDIT- Another thing, Blake, is

caaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllm dooooooown.

This isn't any super serious discussion that will determine whichever fighting game, Melee or Brawl, will emerge victorious as the better competitive fighting game. It's just intelligent discussion. There is no need to be throwing clever insults here and there at me just because your so intent on defending Adam. It's all good ^_^

EDIT2-

"Nothing against you, Chip. I think you're a fine lad, but your brain is not fully developed yet and you tend to say things that sound ********."

LOL. I'm a sophomore in high school taking AP history, all honors, and 12th grade level math (Pre-calculus) and have a 4.0 GPA. . .

Yep, I must be pretty friggin dumb then I guess XD

Nintendo_on

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately that wasn't the point of my post. I'm not johning, or complaining, that "Brawl sucks" because it's not competitive or "Brawl sucks" because it doesn't have advanced techniques so far, etc. I'm saying that Melee is better than Brawl competitively IMHO from what I've seen and heard. Brawl still sounds very fun and I can't wait to try it out ^_^.

You're just too ignorant to understand the basis of my point, or else that spam picture would've been funnier if I really was complaining about Brawl being a competitively bad game. Right now, it's competitive crap. In the future, I think it may become competitive but not quite as competitvely good as Melee. As for Adam, he isn't good at either of games, so he doesn't understand complexities of either game or how they work. Granted, I've never played Brawl, correct, so I have no idea about various aspects of Brawl, but I've seen enough vids and heard enough opinions that it makes me think it most likely won't be a greater competitive game than Melee. Sakarai didn't intend for Melee to be competitive, but he absolutely is making sure the same does not happen to Brawl. Who knows if that will happen or not though. Now please, GTFO, because all your doing is demonstrating nothing but poor reading comprehension and using childish insults like "little kid" as comebacks because your too butt hurt over an discussion I'm having with your friend.

Another thing, Blake, is

caaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllm dooooooown.

This isn't any super serious discussion that will determine whichever fighting game, Melee or Brawl, will emerge victorious as the better competitive fighting game. It's just intelligent discussion. There is no need to be throwing clever insults here and there at me just because your so intent on defending Adam.
I can hardly take this rebuttal seriously.

"You're just too ignorant to understand the basis of my point, or else that spam picture would've been funnier if I really was complaining about Brawl being a competitively bad game. Right now, it's competitive crap. In the future, I think it may become competitive but not quite as competitvely good as Melee."

I clearly understood what you've been saying for the past 3 pages of this thread. "LONG LIVE MELEEEEEEEEEE!" What's not to understand in that? You say that Brawl is not competitive now, but could be later on.. Ok, does that justify us sticking to Melee forever and never giving Brawl a chance? That is basically what you've said numerous times.

Also, you discrediting my reading comprehension was a nice joke and i had a good laugh.
Let me proofread this sentence for you:

"all your(you're) doing is demonstrating nothing but(sentence reads more smoothly without this part) poor reading comprehension and using childish insults like(this word is often frowned upon, i suggest replacing it with 'such as') "little kid" as comebacks because your (you're) too butt hurt over an (this is just horrible grammar and makes you sound no better than a redneck) discussion I'm having with your friend."

competitive |kəmˈpetətiv|
adjective
1 of, relating to, or characterized by competition : a competitive sport | the intensely competitive newspaper industry.
• having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others : she had a competitive streak.
2 as good as or better than others of a comparable nature : a car industry competitive with any in the world.
• (of prices) low enough to compare well with those of rival merchants : we offer prompt service at competitive rates.

Now please, stop throwing this word around as if you know what it means.

EDIT: "LOL. I'm a sophomore in high school taking AP history, all honors, and 12th grade level math (Pre-calculus) and have a 4.0 GPA. . ."

LOL I'm a college student who doesn't have an older brother to do my work for me. I'm done with all that high school stuff, kid.

I guess you didn't understand what I said about your brain being underdeveloped. You see, the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 21, with some minor exceptions. No, you're not an exception.

Chip.

you know what to do
I can hardly take this rebuttal seriously.

"You're just too ignorant to understand the basis of my point, or else that spam picture would've been funnier if I really was complaining about Brawl being a competitively bad game. Right now, it's competitive crap. In the future, I think it may become competitive but not quite as competitvely good as Melee."

I clearly understood what you've been saying for the past 3 pages of this thread. "LONG LIVE MELEEEEEEEEEE!" What's not to understand in that? You say that Brawl is not competitive now, but could be later on.. Ok, does that justify us sticking to Melee forever and never giving Brawl a chance? That is basically what you've said numerous times.
You're taking this a tad too far. Do you really think saying "long live Meleeeeeeeeee" is a good enough point to continue arguing me with? Melee is a very good fighting game that I'm good at and want to continue to get better at. I can't say the same for you, but I do want to play Melee a bit longer. You truely believe to take me literally on this statement?Again, all you're doing is showing us how poor your reading comprehension is.

"Ok, does that justify us sticking to Melee forever and never giving Brawl a chance?"

>_________> I've said numerous times that I want to discover the secrets Brawl has to offer and I can't wait to play it. I've never said I wouldn't give Brawl a chance.

Good. . . job. . . understanding. . what I said?. . .

Blake, your arguement at this point is unclear. You should probably quit while your behind. Your nothing but a joke.

Also, you discrediting my reading comprehension was a nice joke and i had a good laugh.
Let me proofread this sentence for you:

"all your(you're) doing is demonstrating nothing but(sentence reads more smoothly without this part) poor reading comprehension and using childish insults like(this word is often frowned upon, i suggest replacing it with 'such as') "little kid" as comebacks because your (you're) too butt hurt over an (this is just horrible grammar and makes you sound no better than a redneck) discussion I'm having with your friend."

Impressive work. You just proofread a sentence on a forum site. Gold stars for you kiddo.

competitive |kəmˈpetətiv|
adjective
1 of, relating to, or characterized by competition : a competitive sport | the intensely competitive newspaper industry.
• having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others : she had a competitive streak.
2 as good as or better than others of a comparable nature : a car industry competitive with any in the world.
• (of prices) low enough to compare well with those of rival merchants : we offer prompt service at competitive rates.

Now please, stop throwing this word around as if you know what it means.

Nice, nice.

FYI, I am more competitive than you will ever be at Melee. I breath competitivness. Not just Melee; I am on the 6th best Cross - Country High School team in the nation (I'm JV of course); LOL I know the meaning of competitive ;).

At this point, your not even taking this arguement about Brawl. I'm done with you.

Chip.

you know what to do
Haha

I'm not trying to flame though =(

so who's coming to GC?

I heard Deva, Nick, and I are going in his car. . Anyone else?

Hey Jemmy, $10 MM yeh dawg?

Nintendo_on

Smash Apprentice
You're taking this a tad too far. Do you really think saying "long live Meleeeeeeeeee" is a good enough point to continue arguing me with? Melee is a very good fighting game that I'm good at and want to continue to get better at. I can't say the same for you, but I do want to play Melee a bit longer. You truely believe to take me literally on this statement?Again, all you're doing is showing us how poor your reading comprehension is.

"Ok, does that justify us sticking to Melee forever and never giving Brawl a chance?"

>_________> I've said numerous times that I want to discover the secrets Brawl has to offer and I can't wait to play it. I've never said I wouldn't give Brawl a chance.

Good. . . job. . . understanding. . what I said?. . .

Blake, your arguement at this point is unclear. You should probably quit while your behind. Your nothing but a joke.

Impressive work. You just proofread a sentence on a forum site. Gold stars for you kiddo.

Nice, nice.

FYI, I am more competitive than you will ever be at Melee. I breath competitivness. Not just Melee; I am on the 6th best Cross - Country High School team in the nation (I'm JV of course); LOL I know the meaning of competitive ;).

At this point, your not even taking this arguement about Brawl. I'm done with you.
Ummmmm... What? I stopped reading there because well.. That doesn't make any sense. It's okay, Chip. You actually put up a better fight than most kids your age, so for that, you have my respect. I had fun, entertain me another night if you feel up to it okay?

Jem.

Smash Master
Nah dawg I only got 7 dollars, and I wanna use it on Brawl MM's if I get to play (1 guy might bring a setup) I wanna do 1-2 dollar MM's vs my falco on brawl if I actually get to play.

But doubt I will since I got to play in Oregon, Only one setup, and I have to do PR Pools =p

(Jamie is paying for my entrance)

Chip.

you know what to do
Ummmmm... What? I stopped reading there because well.. That doesn't make any sense. It's okay, Chip. You actually put up a better fight than most kids your age, so for that, you have my respect. I had fun, entertain me another night if you feel up to it okay?

You took me literally on the statement "long live Meleeeeeeee", which was pretty dumb =/

Get it?

Hmm. . . I was expecting a more intelligent debate out of you considering you were in college and what not but I guess I'm still dissatisfied. You didn't even put up an intelligent fight WTF? *sigh* oh well. I've been craving a good debate since summer of last year that I had on the young Link boards with Buzz, but I guess I'll have to continue to search for a better debate.

I have nothing against you Blake. You're still cool in my book

EDIT-@Jem-

Aww. . . that's okay. Can we still have like a somewhat serious set tho? Recorded 3/5?

EDIT2- My bad, I guess that's what PR pools are for LOL

Nintendo_on

Smash Apprentice

You took me literally on the statement "long live Meleeeeeeee", which was pretty dumb =/

Get it?

Hmm. . . I was expecting a more intelligent debate out of you considering you were in college and what not but I guess I'm still dissatisfied. You didn't even put up an intelligent fight WTF? *sigh* oh well. I've been craving a good debate since summer of last year that I had on the young Link boards with Buzz, but I guess I'll have to continue to search for a better debate.

I have nothing against you Blake. You're still cool in my book
Sorry that I gave up debating you when i saw how you structured that sentence i pointed out. I don't want to decipher the meanings behind sentences with poor structure. If I don't get what you're saying, it's because of the poor delivery of your thoughts. Im sure you're great at running and math, but you're arguing with someone who is majoring in Journalism. I only read proper sentences and throw out the rest. Is it snobbish? Yes, I'm a literary snob.

Chip.

you know what to do
sorry that i gave up debating you when i saw how you structured that sentence i pointed out. I don't want to decipher the meanings behind sentences with poor structure. If i don't get what you're saying, it's because of the poor delivery of your thoughts. Im sure you're great at running and math, but you're arguing with someone who is majoring in Journalism. I only read proper sentences and throw out the rest. Is it snobbish? Yes, I'm a literary snob.

I'm sure you're good at writing, but you didn't seem to put much thinking into when reading my posts. "Poor structuring" is silly john if you quit reading because of that.

We're on a forum site LOLOLOL.

Expect poor structuring.

Nintendo_on

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure you're good at writing, but you didn't seem to put much thinking into when reading my posts. "Poor structuring" is silly john if you quit reading because of that.

We're on a forum site LOLOLOL.

Expect poor structuring.
poor damage control

Zhar

Smash Cadet
well i thought that thier wuz something this weekend cuz robotnik said so so im now really confused

what the heck im getting mixed info, some one tell me the truth

bacon rocks comon i need a vote on who likes it?

Zhar

Smash Cadet
ok then i laugh at him cause he is going 2 show up w/ valdens 2morrow and no one will b there

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
i still need 2 know whats going on on saturday

i also need ride if at all possible (cause i cant drive yet)

(new spokane meme anyone?)

Zhar

Smash Cadet
k now this is just getting confusing 1 sec u guys say theres nothing this saterday and the next u guys r talking about whats going on on saturday

from, a verry confused smash player

Kamaji

Smash Ace
ok, so I'm missing 2 wii remotes and a gamecube controller. No one's playing my wii until theyre found.

I'm sorry to be an ***, but this is getting rediculous

artifice

Smash Ace
ok, so I'm missing 2 wii remotes and a gamecube controller. No one's playing my wii until theyre found.

I'm sorry to be an ***, but this is getting rediculous
what =/ that is sadness. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon. did you talk to adam? I had to leave in a hurry this morning.

but ill pitch for a new wii mote if they dont turn up.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
**** NickThat sux... Brianna and I will help pitch in too if no one finds them, did you lose them smash club night? Also do you still all have my power strip? Is there any smash today?

Chip.

you know what to do
>______________________>

I have like 20 or so GC controllers.

Your more than welcome to keep one if need be, Nick.

(for a small fee of course)

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
what =/ that is sadness. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon. did you talk to adam? I had to leave in a hurry this morning.

but ill pitch for a new wii mote if they dont turn up.
we figured out the wiimotes, they're all there, but the silver controller is still missing.
also, ash, i'll play some smash tonight if you're up for it. gimmie a call

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Cool Adam Where do you want to meet? If I do not hear from you soon I will give a call.
Garritt and I are playing at our place right now. Just swing by if you want.
(Bring a warm jacket)

Top Bottom