• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
I'll believe it when I see it ;]

Edit:

Stage lists are up, meaning everything is finished, so we just gotta get everyone confirmed now (=

19days til fest guize.

Brado

Smash Lord
I have done melee stages, with Aiko's help. If melee isn't going to have as much competition or as strong competition theres no point in adding too many CP's, 6 stages is more than enough.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why are you saying this now? If it wasn't very organised the 3rd time then it wasn't the first two times and you could of told me that Callum instead of keeping your opinion to yourself for the last 5 months *facepalm*

Also mines a small fest this is more of a tournament by the looks of things. Mines not even in a venue and there's a limit on the amount of people so yeah.

Brado

Smash Lord
Well by most people's opinions it was rather unorganised tbh. You said before the third you were gonna call out matches and that never happened >.<. And size doesn't matter too much, a more organised fest will be more respected.

Anyways screw pointless arguments...

Anyone else feel like confirming?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well everyone had fun which is all I care about. It wasn't a tourney it was a fest like you said but why should a fest be organised well (the only trouble that I encountered was not finishing doubles but we all split the money in the end anyway) it's mostly just for fun. =P

/end arguement

Brado

Smash Lord
A fest should be organised well because it had 3 full tournament brackets too get through. oh ****, i went there...

/argument?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lool, perhaps Calzum didnt say anything to you because if he suggested something, you wouldnt listen anyway lol. Just had to say that xD.

COEY

Smash Lord
any of you NW boys driving down to this, i'd love to come along if you can make room for a humble Coey <3

I'ma gonna entera alla youra eventsa. I'm aiming to take down Calzorz at this!!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You can hardly fault me for not updating the last thread lol. I've been crazy busy with moving out and all. I don't even have internet access at my place yet, but that should be sorted by the end of the week. Anyway I will be at this, much love, yeniths.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
George HELLO whats up man yo its Haze. No DW no1 is faulting you, its just since ur gonna be busy alot, we thought it would be a good idea to let Willz and Brado update the shiz, saves you the job anywayz, so dont JOHN. Good job ur making this too, Me and Calz will see you there son.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
easy people, first of all hi I'm Bishkin and I'm from London. me and a couple of mates are thinking about coming down to this if thats cool - 1 of them wants to get back into melee and goes to leicester uni, so it would be cool for him to meet some smashers around the area.
We're new to the community and never played in any tournaments but naturally fancy our chances at this ;P

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I doubt i can make this people :( Money is an object in this and i dont think law has the petrol for it, if theres enough people from the northwest going am sure we can organise somthing :)

Brado

Smash Lord
Nooo jankaii you gotta come! If not convince Solid-Pit to take a car full, Coey is already interested and I assume many others are. We need some NW =D

@Bikshin

I really hope some of you guys can make it, it's always good to invite new players into the community, if you need any help/advice with anything then feel free conact me on msn, bradoz@hotmail.co.uk

COEY

Smash Lord
I doubt i can make this people :( Money is an object in this and i dont think law has the petrol for it, if theres enough people from the northwest going am sure we can organise somthing :)
I'm sure we can work summat out with petrol money etc. i dont expect to get a free ride anywhere :p

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we can work summat out with petrol money etc. i dont expect to get a free ride anywhere :p
Well av got stuff to sort out today so am not gonna be seeing anyone, but am going cheadle tomorrow after college so i'll give you an update then :)

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
20th post!!!

sick.

erm, yeah, what's the deal with this? always interested in attending, what're people doing regarding transport? where even is leicester?

COEY

Smash Lord
just google map it lol.

i'm quite happy to attend even if it's mostly brawl orientated. lots of people came to visit me so i can hardly not give it some serious consideration. you guys still have that MK ban? cause if i do pick up a lil brawl i think im gonna tier who.re and learn to play him.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The MK ban was just an experiment at my last fest. So MK will be legal to use at this.

Brawl is just the more popular game choice atm. Hopefully we'll have an equal amount of set ups for both games. I would prefer Melee doubles to Brawl Doubles, but I'm not hosting.

And most of the Brawl players will be playing Melee as well. So don't expect the Melee tourney entrants to be THAT low. =]

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Last EM fest at willz there was like 10 melee players and like 17 brawl? somthing like that

Coey-Brado lifted the MK ban

Charlie- in the middle of England
EDIT
Will FU hoe...

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
No the last EM Melee tourney had 15 entrants (would of been 19 but 4 people FLAKED).

My 2nd tourney had 10 Melee entrants to Brawls 15 though XD.

Callum you make it sound like I banned MK permanently lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Nah no point. No one good mains MK in the UK besides Kira (I don't even know if he still plays him =S).

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Not as much he doesnt, his Mains are Falco and Icies, hes traning ROB too, there on his AiB.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Lol Icies. Why is everyone going to Icies xD.

And if Brado/Calzum read this, I'm making ma way to Anstey right noaw.

Brado

Smash Lord
Don't let the higher Brawl attendance deter any of you thinking of it. There will be an equal amount of set-ups and I was hoping to draw in a few melee players, It'd be great to meet some of you guys.

Coey, Joe, Tamoo I want you all here ;D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
GGs tonight Brad n Cal. I learned that Cal is the best player in the UK with his **** Lucario no doubt.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Sorry brado man, but unless I can get a lift from someone, there's very little i can do about making this, cos I really dont wanna pay £50 for a day of smash, as awesome as melee is.

If i do somehow get a lift off of someone, I promise to enter brawl aswell and provide warehouse rave luigi **** as was so enjoyed up in manchester lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Major update on me

I have majorly overestimated how far leicester is from oxford, I was well off, I never realised it was closer than manchester!

In that case, Im seriously looking into coming to this, and EM meleers thinking of coming at all like BB and yens?

What is the closest train station and closest coach station?

And any housing available in leicester on either friday night or saturday night?

Top Bottom