• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Kill move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about it, and I got this idea from the Mk's. But does anyone save their dair for a kill move? I know it actually takes a high % for a non point blank dair to kill. But I feel it isn't something to be over looked. It gets frustrating when you can land bairs nairs and tilts that won't kill, but the key does actually kill in the 120-175% range, depending on weight. And with key having so much range and priority, it has a very little problem hitting them. When my opponents start getting into the 100's I try to avoid hitting them with dair until I believe they're in range of an instagib. Just a thought >_>

NatP

Smash Ace
Well, the thing is that the key is such an awesome approach move and also, thanks to brawl physics, it becomes stale rather quickly.

I think you could try to unstale it with uair, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
A move is only predictable if you make it so. I find myself using Key in select times when the opponent is in the air and doesnt have a good answer to it. Worst case scenario they air dodge, but then I am below them now.

Anyway, Key can kill well enough if you play to damage. Besides that I find Fair and Dsmash to be easy to land. Usmash is less easy, but it kills lower, so I tend to use charged Usmash while the opponent is not to the point where they will be avoiding your kill moves religiously.

Splice

Smash Hero
Against light characters i often end up killing with the key, or fast characters.
Dsmash is often viable because you try to get yourself in a situation where it can hit,
But most of the time its my Fair that knocks them off the stage and then you either hit them off screen, or they just die from a sweet spotted one.
I try to land Usmash if i see any patterns in the opponent.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I find usmash being a super easy mix up when you charge it after 2-3 tech chases. It really isn't an exaggeration when I say it works almost EVERY time. The moment they sidestep, just let go. Though, usually only works once per match, but that's 33% of your victory : D

Laem

Smash Champion
inb4kaak

yes, saving(or u-air refreshing) the dair works wonders for killing, it comes second place after fair.
if you think smashes are easy kill moves: play some1 good, although may work after dthrow tech chase every once in a while

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really don't like G&W's D-smash that much. I find U-smash a lot easier to land since it not only hits a bit to the side, it hits directly above G&W.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
In order of preference:

1) Tech chased upsmash
2) Random (and cleverly pivoted) upsmash
3) Upsmash their airdodge
4) Random (but well spaced) dsmash
5) Dsmash their airdodge
6) Surprise fair off stage
7) They run into your fsmash
8) Fully charge fsmash as they get up off the ledge
9) Judgment at the same time they attack (it wont trade hits, you'll always win)

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
U-Smash to F-Smash on dumb DDD's which think: "ZOMFGZOR A SMASH, IM GONNA RUN AND GRAB"

Lack of lag ****s up em
OMFG dude that **** makes me ROFL!! so hard. I do that on purpose now when they are by the edge i run up and upsmash five feet away from them. 8 out of 10 folks will be like "YAY!!! laggy upsmash imma go f#ck him in the @$$, then BAM they eat a sweet fsmash in the face" The best thing i love abt this move is that my opponent doesnt know i do it on purpose except for my friend who always gets hit by it and now knows the trick :( But my easiet kill move to hit for me is the upsmash itself. I have this knack of always hitting them when there are falling. Again 8 outta 10 ppl when they see me run and do an upsmash they air dodge as soon as i raise my head back and they ALWAYS get hit by the actual attack. I get sub 100% kills easy from that s#it. Seriously tho, that feint upsmash into fsmash is awesome. I main gnw by the way ignore the toon link avatar and siggy. I havent found a cool gnw pick yet :( because he is so 1dimentional.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Tech chasing up-smash FTW...

Well, I use d-air to get to the stage fast while being protected, I then U-air juggle to aerial/smash of choice...
Anyway I'm a G&W second who mains Lucas so if you think this is noobish of me, tell me because I'm thinking of switching to G&W

Cel

Smash Cadet
Ehh, in general for me, the key is a good damager for punishing, landing surprise dmg, things like that. While I DO use it as a kill move also, I would rather use it to help rack up the dmg for a smash, fair, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom