• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest/hardesr character to pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'm a Sheik main, and all you have to do is Fair, Bair, Down Throw, and Down Smash.....
that's it....

Oh,, and the occasional dash attack...
Sheik is one of my mains to, thats all you need to beat people who dont know the match up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well let's see....

Easiest character to pick up would be Mario or Fox, as for hardest I'd have to say Mewtwo or Ganondorf due to their gravity.

SiD

Smash Master
There's nothing hard about Ganondorf's gravity....

And am I the only one who thinks the Ice Climbers are the hardest?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
There aren't any techical ice climber players really. I have don't have techucal ice climbers I used to be able to quad block all the time and teach myself all kinds of chain throws but it's really hard as ice climbers because it isn't like fox tech skill where it's easy to use at anytime you have to set up your self and you need space. Really there's a lot of crazy stuff you could learn I would one day like to see an ice climber player who is like silent wolf. As ice climbers all I do is spam down-smash and camp. I play pretty gay for rarly grabbing and chain throwing.

Really ice climbers are uber hard to play techical i've tryed and quit because it takes so much mental engery it's hard to stay calm and think. Mentally I think the ice climbers are one of the hardest by by far. Really my pichu is much more techical than my ice climbers because it's easier to calmly fail a perfect up-B and get smashed than it is to try and pull off cool de-synces mental enegry wise.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, I feel as if we need a thumbs up thumbs down system (youtube or gotfrag) on these boards for people like INSANE CARZY GUY

or maybe just adding one exclusively for INSANE CARZY GUY

keeper

Smash Champion
Ice climbers and Samus are pretty hard. Ice Climbers are easy to pick up in a way, with a twist, but doing awesome stuff with them and applying it, as well as monitoring Nana makes them very hard.

Samus is just intensively hard.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
He has it to get in your head and make you want to look away really he just won.

I knew that people wouldn't be happy with that I post because that's how i feel about something. The ice climbers don't NEED all the hundreds of techs they have. they could easily be fine and about as hard to play as with just these tools: wd,wavesmashing, grab-set ups, 2 chain throws and good recovery. There are tons of tools they could use that hard to use but these are alreally hard because people pressure the crap out of them and having 2 people to think for.

Ice climbers need more focus your trying to watch 3 people protect 2, fight and read 1. All i'm sayong is you don't need much tech skill for them to be hard to play as. kindof like compareing mental engery needed for puff vs fox.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Marth is hard to be good with, no1 says that.

Name me a High level Marth main Not named M2K or HBK.

(I can think of one more but lets see if anyone else knows)

unkn0wnn00b

Smash Rookie
I'm a Sheik main, and all you have to do is Fair, Bair, Down Throw, and Down Smash.....
that's it....

Oh,, and the occasional dash attack...
you are ****ing true i said to my friend to play sheik because u learn fast how to play by using ^ those moves :chuckle:

dashattack to fair son xD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
isn't the fox SHDL have buta 3 frame window to do it? Projectile powersheilding have like 2 frames. the up-B thing only has like a 2 frame window for pichu. there are a lot of fast button input thingys like JC grabs, shines and up-smash and only one of them is hard. Really just because something has a crazy small window doesn't mess it's useless.

ice climbers can do b-throw regrab b-throw regrab on bowser melee, It's retarted timing but doable.

Also random advice don't fall sleep on the floor 5 feet away from a sofa for 2 hours I just woke up and yeah.

xbombr

Smash Ace
The input for SHFFMC is the problem. The hardest thing about it is getting a super missile out in time since you have to press it down, return to control stick from down to nuetral, move it to whatever direction you're firing and press b at the same time, all within a 2 frame window.

You basically have 2 frames to do 3 inputs and all of them involve the control stick with 1 being a simultaneous press with the B button. You have 1/30 of a second to do everything I listed above.

I'd say it's much harder to do consistently than SWD'ing is even though you have an addition frame to do it in. (I can SWD like 4 times in a row when not in a match, yet I think I've effectively SHFFMC'ed like twice in all my attempts at mastering it) The only Samus that really applies a consistent SWD during a match that I know of is Phanna, so unless you've got wicked ability with Samus techs like he does, then neither SWD or SHFFMC is a truly helpful tool in a full speed match.

Sheik's DACUS is performed in 2 frames with seperate buttons/simultaneous presses. SHDL has a relatively easy input, but still many people don't use it because they can't slide their finger from Y to B quick enough and are required to use the control stick for the jump which makes it have a lot less control than the SHL.

Anyway, the object isn't to spam quick missile cancels to rack up tons of damage anyway since they're a relatively slow projectile to build damage with, it's used to cover an approach or force one since no one wants a 12% projectile spammed at them from an unpunishable distance

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
so those of you that think sheiks easy to pick up lemme know how long it takes you to be able to shorthop on demand or ledgestall properly (yes that means shino stalling, go try it and see how 'easy' it is). in addition i dare all of you to pick up sheik and stay sheik when you play fox (the most frequently used character). tilts wont work, needles are a bad idea, well its a losing matchup in general so have at it
that being said you can play a simple sheik and get to mediocre level with tilts a little grabbing (and first off most of the characters sheik can chain never play in tournies except what like ganon? and hell do it right back so eff that, and second a crappy sheik that trys chaining someone who knows what di is probly going to lose) and a fair or two. after that you just have to be a good sheik. its like falcon, technically doing aerials and l cancelling them isnt hard... but you have to be just good with him to be worth a da@#. its all about the mentality
you can prob go the farthest with a simple playstyle with jiggs but you have to learn spacing
kirbys easy... i guess? how advanced does he get anyways
if you are gifted with dexterity fox is pretty easy if only by the virtue that u have so many matchups in your favor
icies (desyncing, get ur brain rocked) are the hardest unless you think fox, but he doesnt need to do as everything u see people like silentwolf do unless u want to star in tech videos or something
also kirby is prob one of the hardest cuz kirby sux good luck getting good with him

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Um, Falcon's way harder to play than Sheik. Please don't compare them.

Shino stalling isn't hard. I learned it in about 10 minutes. SHing on demand? lulz I used to main ICs. They're hard to SH with.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
you can facepalm all you want but when sheik sneaks in that f-tilt even top players like m2k or ken will get fair'd
what happens when foxes throw you up,or falcos get a shine or jiggs connects with a move or two offstage? most characters have an easy kill combo. sheiks actually need that ftilt (god help you if thats the only thing u can use to get them up anyways)to get you in the air for lower kills we dont have ground killers like marths fsmash, jiggs fsmash/rest, foxes upsmash/anysmash, falcos fsmash/dsmash... i could go on but i wont cuz thats about another 15 characters or so

edit: etwist in terms of advanced techniques needed falcon and sheik are similar. but you either got it or u dont and most people dont have what it takes to go far with them (i really wish i could do falcon i love watching them play)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, no...

Falcon wouldn't be in almost every techskill vid ever if he took the same amount of techskill as Sheik. Hrrrmmm, edge cancels are very hard, combos aren't easy to pull off like Sheik, has to be much trickier with his recovery, and, well, I have no idea why I'm arguing this when 99% of the community knows Falcon takes way faster hands and more techskill.

Hellsinglover999

Smash Journeyman
what happens when foxes throw you up,or falcos get a shine or jiggs connects with a move or two offstage? most characters have an easy kill combo. sheiks actually need that ftilt (god help you if thats the only thing u can use to get them up anyways)to get you in the air for lower kills we dont have ground killers like marths fsmash, jiggs fsmash/rest, foxes upsmash/anysmash, falcos fsmash/dsmash... i could go on but i wont cuz thats about another 15 characters or so

edit: etwist in terms of advanced techniques needed falcon and sheik are similar. but you either got it or u dont and most people dont have what it takes to go far with them (i really wish i could do falcon i love watching them play)
rofl marths fsmash takes good spaceing to tip and if it isnt tipped it takes forever to kill with him

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Yeah, no...

Falcon wouldn't be in almost every techskill vid ever if he took the same amount of techskill as Sheik. Hrrrmmm, edge cancels are very hard, combos aren't easy to pull off like Sheik, has to be much trickier with his recovery, and, well, I have no idea why I'm arguing this when 99% of the community knows Falcon takes way faster hands and more techskill.
im only saying advanced techniques. i know the rest of what u said, that argument ends for me at moonwalking

TheLake

Smash Master
lol do like only high tiers exist or somthing?

Zeldas the easiest to use

yoshis the hardest to master

maybe fox..

SiD

Smash Master
Zelda's not the easiest to use.....and Yoshi isn't the hardest to master. He's kinda hard, and he sucks, so it may seem that way. But other characters are harder.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
isn't the fox SHDL have buta 3 frame window to do it? Projectile powersheilding have like 2 frames. the up-B thing only has like a 2 frame window for pichu. there are a lot of fast button input thingys like JC grabs, shines and up-smash and only one of them is hard. Really just because something has a crazy small window doesn't mess it's useless.

ice climbers can do b-throw regrab b-throw regrab on bowser melee, It's retarted timing but doable.

Also random advice don't fall sleep on the floor 5 feet away from a sofa for 2 hours I just woke up and yeah.
Why not?
sometimes the floor is colder

also @everyone arguing: since when does PICK UP mean MASTER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom