• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest alternating throws?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
IMO, a BIG IMO, I find this easier for me:
P-Bthrow -> N-Dthrow -> P-Grab and repeat. I find this easiest for 0-death infinites. What is easiest to you guys? :laugh:

K 2

Smash Lord
I just use fthrow. Its the first one I learned and its the only one I and perfrom right now...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Isn't it obvious? O.o F-throw.

Hardest is doing pivot b-throws to an b-throw or f-throw, whatever. >___>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like fthrow>running pivotgrab with popo> fthrow only because I can't fthrow>fthrow very consistently yet. ^__^

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I can Fthrow like 3-5 times in a row, then mess up. <__<
I find Dthrow easiest to chain aswell. ^_K

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Fthrows on heavy characters, dthrows on lighter ones.
Yes. I always noticed I can do Fthrows much easier on big character/heavy chars. And somewhat easily on everyone else. But dthrows are easiest for any weight class IMO.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for me the easiest is

popo bthrow, nana running pivot grab on light/mid weight chars (especially MK who i practice on)

reason being

i am really bad on vision/timing oriented chain grabs such as fthrow, and i'm inconsistent

using my cg is pretty reliable since i can use muscle memory

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Also, I noticed P-Fthrow -> N-Dthrow is pretty useful. And I use Bthrow to walking grab w/ nana on heavy-mid characters.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
for me the easiest is

popo bthrow, nana running pivot grab on light/mid weight chars (especially MK who i practice on)

reason being

i am really bad on vision/timing oriented chain grabs such as fthrow, and i'm inconsistent

using my cg is pretty reliable since i can use muscle memory
I have yet to try cg's while drunk.

p Bthrow, n Dthrow, p Bthrow, n Dthrow, etc. is really reliable. I only do the Fthrow cg when I plan on spiking :evil: Rarely I use the p Fthrow > n Dthrow, apparently this one's easier to do on certain chars, like Pit or something (confirmation?) :dizzy:

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
*Looks at first post*
I agree Z1g, but F-Dthrow easiest when moving across the stage. =P

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
i cant do alternating throws in a real match... :(
only sometimes in training mode...

its so tricky! errrrr
The most important thing when alternating is to be CONFIDENT !!
You must NOT think "Oh! I made it" when you... well, made it from 0% to about 100%

I believe most IC players agree with that..

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Is there any Stationary CG availiable ?
The one in the first post is pretty much stationary if you do iy completely right (Nana grbabs from Popos BThrow right behind him). Or, you might move a little if Nana grabs and slides.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I find alternating F-throws to be the easiest for me. I've been practicing with them a while, and I can get at least a couple of these in semi-consistently (I love using these to set up a F-throw to Nana F-air spike KO). I have trouble with B-throws (trying to fix that), and I don't use D-throws that much (usually just Popo-only chains), although I can see them being useful to prevent the enemy from DI'ing away.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
ok so i got the P Bthrow to N grab... but i cant do the N Dthrow to P grab... do i have to wait for the opponent to hit the ground before i try grabbing again?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, depending on weight, a character "sticks" to ground, then pops up. Heavies stick longer, lighties are insta re-grab. Learn tha timings and it becomes much easier. :)

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
I find just the alternating down throw chain to be the easiest, and the easiest to spike at the end, but it gets a lot harder with higher percentages
Ah...yeah. Gotta love the D-throw chain. You'll get the others down eventually, just gotta take the time to sit down and be willing to push Z until your index fingers hurt. :p

Muscle memory is such a great thing. You'll be able to CG in real matches for those of you who can't in no time. :D

For my favorite alternating throw?

Popo back throw to Nana down throw OR Popo back throw to Nana F-throw to popo regrab if I feel like playing it a bit more safe.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
B-throw to f-throw is hard to pull off on general IMO. F-throw is the easiest.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ooh! More damage given, noice. ^__-
I don't give damage, I give death :3

Record CG (using my above method) is up to 430~% vs Tink and Kirby >.> (still going for that 999% **** it D: so hard....)

Thats my favorite, although theres far more practical ones...

(Bthrow to Bthrow to Bthrow to Bthrow...repeat.... D: which I still fail at..(I've done bthrow to bthrow only twice :3 and not in a row..)

Reason why thats more practical: Easier to do on ledges that are small :3

Top Bottom