• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier to B-Air than F-Air?

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Is it me, or does it seem as though its easier to land sweetspots with zelda's bair than fair. I find that I'm constantly turning around to use her bair to edgeguard or when I know I'm gunna use it.

I didn't really notice until my friend said after dying a bair, "ok so basically whenever zelda's back is facing you expect a lightning kick". Whenever I watch DM or Ninjalink on youtube they seem to do the same thing.

I suppose I wouldn't normally bring this up but its just one of those things that give away what I'm about to do. And for zelda who is already predictable as it is, it would be nice if this turning around thing is all in my head and I can eventually train myself to not do it.

Anyone else notice this and can tell me why? Is it actually easier or just something that most Zelda's do?

Edit: maybe this belongs on the Q&A thred, oh well.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I think that Zelda's Bair may be easier to land because it comes out faster than the Fair. This means that they have less time to react, that you can execute it when you have a smaller opening, and it's easier to hit grounded opponents because the timing is more lenient (or actually possible for some shorter characters on the way up).

It's also important to note that it has more knockback, which means that if you had the choice between the two, Bair is usually better if all other factors are equal.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
The hitspots for them both are weird. Zelda's fair will not hit smaller characters on the ground, no matter how good your timing is. Her bair will, though.

I think fair works on D3 and DK, possibly Ganon and Bowser too. Most other targets need a bair.

Villi

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the only characters you can't hit with a rising bair are Pikachu and MK.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Bair is a far better aerial imo. It's probably her second or third best OoS option, and it is insanely fast for how much knockback it has. You can also perform two bairs in one SH. I think fair has a little more range, so if you must outrange someone in the air it might be the better choice. Other than that I don't use fair very often unless my bair is seriously decayed.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yeah, while I normally don't discredit fair all that much, I hate when I land fair and they barely live from it. Makes me sad.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Bair is a far better aerial imo. It's probably her second or third best OoS option, and it is insanely fast for how much knockback it has. You can also perform two bairs in one SH. I think fair has a little more range, so if you must outrange someone in the air it might be the better choice. Other than that I don't use fair very often unless my bair is seriously decayed.
Yeah, I noticed in a lot of situations good Zeldas will SH^Bair, purposly aiming just outside their opponents range, to bate them into approaching, then connecting with another bair.

~Thanks for the info.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I will Bair camp to bait approaches, but I will use whatever aerial I feel will land the sweet spot. If I am facing forward, it will be fair. If I am facing backward, then it will be bair. I don't care which one I use, but I usually keep an eye on which one has sweet spotted a few times if I had not died.

Top Bottom