• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

TBG

Smash Cadet
How do you guys get your text to always show colored? I'm curious.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
N.01: It seems like an arrogant thing to say, you say? I happen to know for a fact that you've seen arrogance before. After all, lovely numeral, you've dealt with us. I know for a fact that you're capable of handling it better. So tell me what you hope to gain by biting on Crack 'n Puns' loaded question.
To get the ball rolling. It was either answer that or slap down a vote like everyone else.

TBG

Smash Cadet
I can't pinpoint it or even who, but the exchange just seems forced. I'm not sure whether it's SvS or SvT, but it feels like at least one of them is not Town.

I don't see how Kraken's question was loaded.

TBG

Smash Cadet
ftr, I would have been more specific if I had felt/seen anything more specific

I can't pinpoint it or even who, but the exchange just seems forced. I'm not sure whether it's SvS or SvT, but it feels like at least one of them is not Town.

I don't see how Kraken's question was loaded.
Circus, do you see TBG/Kracken scum as a possibilty from this, or just TBG scum?

ftr, I would have been more specific if I had felt/seen anything more specific
Your gut does not fly as a passable reason, even at this stage. Go to the blackboard and write the next sentence 2.5 times 4 times. "I will be held accountable this game."

We'll run out of space up there if any more of you are thinking of leaving back doors on your stances.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Circus, do you see TBG/Kracken scum as a possibilty from this, or just TBG scum?

Your gut does not fly as a passable reason, even at this stage. Go to the blackboard and write the next sentence 2.5 times 4 times. "I will be held accountable this game."

We'll run out of space up there if any more of you are thinking of leaving back doors on your stances.
I'm sick, but I'm still posting because that's better than being an empty slot. You'll take what I give and be fine with it until I can put my normal amount of effort in.

FoS: TBG

I don't think so buddy. Not trying to play teacher's pet or anything but you can certainly give more if you're already here and posting.
What more do you want? He's acknowledged and been called out for not giving anything but a gut read. He's been cautioned that he won't be allowed to do so in the future.

You yourself made an eerily similar post, so can you explain why there's an issue?

TBG

Smash Cadet
Don't bet on that. Call me out if I ask anything unreasonable. Have I asked anything unreasonable?
You're asking me to perform decent analysis (that I will most likely be held to) while I'm sick and tired enough that I barely want to participate.

What part of that does not strike you as unreasonable?

You're asking me to perform decent analysis (that I will most likely be held to) while I'm sick and tired enough that I barely want to participate.

What part of that does not strike you as unreasonable?
I dunno, but something about that seems off to me.

Vote TBG

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Yaaayy, finally starting! :D

Eh? Who says your staying til endgame?
Odd thing to pull out out of everything but not something that raised my eyebrow.

It just seems like an arrogant thing to ask. Like you have no doubt you won't be lynched or NK'd.
The explanation is stretching it, I don't even think Kraken Puns implied that "why should we keep you until endgame" means that that particular slot is going to be there at endgame. It seems like a forced interaction at this point, consider my eyebrow raised.

That's hard to answer. It's been over a year since I last played. I think it involved a lot of odd questions and walling someone to death.
Because I'm Town! But seriously, you can't assume I'm less valuable because you don't know me. You'll just have to watch and sea. :3
Is tc a girl?

What's this? You ask people to do more than slap down a vote and here you go and do the same? Smells fishy

;3

Gheb's FFIX mafia is the only game I played here, when I subbed for 1 Day.
AM and TBG. Don't know anyone else unless they unless they were from AiB and changed their name.
Again, forced.

Overall? Mixed bag. Mostly wolf, but occasionally town.

Mmmm, no. Please explain.

? First, bolded question is odd. Please clarify. Second, something about TBG bugging you?

More confident in AM than TBG. I remember TBG almost always town in every game I played with him so I can't really read him based on that. >_>
No. This game has just started, while that one's been going for a while.
No eyebrows raised from this post.

Um, no, I don't know the answer to that. If he is interested in as playing mafia or town, what difference would that make on whether he is mafia or town? That's what confuses me.

And do I need to bold the 'I've only seen TBG play as town' part? Kinda hard to make a 'familiar' read if you don't have an idea on the wolf side. He's going to be just as fun for me to read as everyone else here.

Other than parleying with me, you are just voting for someone like everyone else. You haven't been doing anything else.

So for the record, you're admitting to being a hypocrite? :)
Doubt tc is scum with TBG. Asking Ran "is something bugging you about TBG" is the main reason.

@AM: First off, I was unimpressed by TBG setting up an "I'm sick" back-door to make low content excusable. It was less to do with what TBG had or hadn't provided up to that point. Additionally, I don't feel he sufficiently answered your questions. Driving it home is the fact that he felt entitled to say "you guys will get what I give you and deal with it". Whether or not that is within his rights is irrelevant, I made my stance on the matter known.

Now tell me, how was my coming into the game similar?

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Oh TBG, maybe you're not so bad after all. Just don't maintain the back-door or know that you will be held accountable.

So even though you're sick and all, can you tell me if AM is scum?

TBG

Smash Cadet
@AM: First off, I was unimpressed by TBG setting up an "I'm sick" back-door to make low content excusable. It was less to do with what TBG had or hadn't provided up to that point. Additionally, I don't feel he sufficiently answered your questions. Driving it home is the fact that he felt entitled to say "you guys will get what I give you and deal with it". Whether or not that is within his rights is irrelevant, I made my stance on the matter known.

Now tell me, how was my coming into the game similar?
You don't think that maybe I'm unable to provide high content because I'm sick or anything?

Anyway, if you all are going to show your appreciation for me showing up and doing what I can while sick like this, then

Be back when better. Expect that to be ~24-48 hours.

TBG

Smash Cadet
ebwop: in case that wasn't clear, I'm not /outing, just informing y'all I'll be gone for a day or two.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ruy: I run this ****. Out of all players not named -273C, you are the one who will be insubordinate to us for the sake of insubordination. I will assume, should you try to go against us, that you are scum doing it for the sake of not letting us have full control of the game. You may not like it, but if you are town, work with us. You are allowed to speak up if you have a problem with our math, but don't interrupt class when the teacher is talking. I don't want any class clowns.
Interesting comment.

Please go into this further and what led you to post this.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Do tell.

What happened and what went wrong, what do you plan to do here to fix that. Rather, what got you in those situations as town and scum, and what are you going to do here to fix that?
Pretty much I exploded on Soup and other people... Yeah... Not happening again.

Solution.

The entire class: I want you to look at this exchange:

First I want all of you to tell me what you think about Crack 'n Puns' loaded question at the start of the game, and then I want your thoughts on Tcat's response.
KP's second question was IMO loaded with WIFOM. It felt a little bit like he was fishing (no pun intended because I hate you) for someone to get an easy lynch on. At this point I'm alright with him dying but not to the point that I want to put him under three votes.

TC's reaction was... crabby. I could feel him/her jumping through my internet. I don't like it and (s)he's in the same boat as KP.

God I hate your name Kracken. It's got me thinking sea stuff and every time I see something that could be puny I hate myself as much as your name.

:applejack:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As for the Kraken v TCat stuff.

Null.

Kraken has some meh questions but nothing sticks out like loaded here, arrogant, sure, but not loaded from my perspective.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
@T-spin: You've stated how my and KP's interactions were forced, but not how it was scum. Why did you decided my interaction was the more scummy side and put the vote on me versus KP? Or rather, why did KP's look more town than me?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
ima tell you this *****

I want MARSHMELLOWMAN to **** MY *****. and i dont know if thats okay or not...its GONNA happen. let it be! SWAG OUT THEN

votecount 1.4

deadline is feb 10 12 am est 7 to lynch

vinyl (1): badwolf28738
circus (1): vinyl.
aggressive mediation (1): red ruy
gymmo (2): ranmaru, kraken puns
kantrip/t block hydra (1): gymmo
traveling cat (1): kantrip/tblock
tbg (1): aggressive mediation
not voting (5): tbg, frozenflame751, traveling cat, circus, glyph

[collapse=voting log]tbg -> none
aggressive mediation -> tbg
kraken puns -> gymmo
red ruy -> aggressive mediation
frozenflame751 -> none
ranmaru -> gymmo
gymmo -> kantrip/tblock
vinyl. -> circus
traveling cat -> none
circus -> none
glyph -> none
badwolf -> vinyl.
potassium/t block hydra -> traveling cat[/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I would like to make a moderator note that my co-mods swag is off the charts and you shouldn't be alarmed when he comes in here to ball so hard on this thread son #hbc #earthbound #modantics

*brofist*

I will be prodding Frozenflame in 24 hours.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
question time again

@Gymmo; what do you think of AM so far?
@T-spin; in light of your first post, what do you think of ourselves/BW right now?
@Badwolf; who would you say was your top townread right now?

Crack 'n Puns': Okay, you think you're hot ****, but you ain't. I see what you're doing and quite honestly it won't fly. I can shut you down because I can do it better. If the two players that make up your hydra are allowed to play in the way this slot is setting itself up to play, it will allow you both the ability to do whatever you want with absolutely no accountability for your actions. That is not allowed. From this point forward, your word is your arm and recanting previous stances or acting in a hypocritical manner will be treated as a scumtell and a heavy one at that. Acknowledge and accept it.
[COLLAPSE="cnut hold back the sea"]
[/COLLAPSE]
looks like you decided to dive in, then. let us try and set you a safe course.

I'm not interested in arguing whether being hypocritical is a scumtell; suffice to say I don't think it's smart to simply treat it as such. I know we're not trying to set anything up, and I don't see how you'd think that from the way that we are.

but all this is drowning the point I was clinging to. tcat said there was something fishy about us asking to see more from other slots, but I don't see any hypocrisy on our part. We know what we expect from players, and we're meeting our own expectations.

if you want to kick up a storm, then go ahead. but it doesn't mean you'll have your bearings when you're lost at sea.

Unvote

hope everything works out for you Vinyl

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Heh! You dirty digits are about to get iterated.

Kraken Puns, where's your beauty? I hope you have factored in punny rap battles with me in your formula of a game plan. We'll find true art between my genius and your mockery yet.

:phone:
Was this your equation for truce ?

You can try to divide and conquer this thread; Or you can add me to the solution;

As long as you show your work, I'll not let loose the lost souls upon you.

As an aside; Where does the variable KantPass feature in your factoring ?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Um, no, I don't know the answer to that. If he is interested in as playing mafia or town, what difference would that make on whether he is mafia or town? That's what confuses me.

And do I need to bold the 'I've only seen TBG play as town' part? Kinda hard to make a 'familiar' read if you don't have an idea on the wolf side. He's going to be just as fun for me to read as everyone else here.
The difference would be that he'd act differently. He might act more enthusiastically, depending on alignment, or do even less due to moral. We are all human, and there may be parts of the game we will always dislike with the draw. Our preferences can affect how we play and it can stick out as a sore thumb, without really trying to at all. There could have been a possibility you could have known this, and it would also draw a connection between you two that I could see myself, since you are familiar with him. That's about it though. Basically, it would simply help with my meta knowledge of him. I would also think you would have to tell the truth about it, because if I looked up TBG up saying differently, I would approach you about it.

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I noticed you say that, and thank you. I would expect a better read on AM from you then on TBG, but we still have to read him anyways, and I would still like your thoughts on him later.

Other than parleying with me, you are just voting for someone like everyone else. You haven't been doing anything else.
I think he was doing slightly more than just voting, though. Underlined, you even admit this yourself. I think this negates him being a hypocrite. Do you disagree? It is true he didn't do as much as AM so far, but does he really need to do that much, to be considered doing something? Is that really a problem? :woman: (At that point in the game)

Vote: traveling cat

No matter which way I spin it, tc's interactions with Kraken Puns just don't line up.
How don't they line up?

First I want all of you to tell me what you think about Crack 'n Puns' loaded question at the start of the game, and then I want your thoughts on Tcat's response.
I don't see a problem with it. Do you have a problem with it, or are you trying to blow up hot air? :glare: I believe Tcat poking at Kraken (and me) is something she'd do, so it's null to me. I have played with her before, and I think you know. I do think she may have been trying to get the ball rolling, yet I don't have a solid read on her, nor am I going to get a read from such a small thing as that. It seems superficial to me.

Still more garbage.

Ran and Vinyl, you guys buying this?
Yes, I am. For now. It's not telling at all to me. Now, tell me, what was the purpose of asking this to Vinyl and I?

As to why I haven't been posting here, I'm sick IRL, so I'm not really putting in a ton of effort right now. R&R was important to post in since I've done little there all game, but I figured this was a little putoffable would still be mostly in RVS, which it is.
TBG, you DO know the function of V/LA, correct? (I assume this since you have played some mafia before) If you say you were sick, why haven't you expressed this before?

Agreeing that the TC/Kraken interaction feels off. vote kraken
How? I also want you to into detail here. If you say you can't pinpoint what exactly you feel with words, how about you quote/underline what exactly you saw that made it feel off. No shortcuts here, and I expect you to answer this by the time you feel better, because you won't have the exc... I mean the inconvenience of being sick. :cool:

Also, you seem to vote Kraken. What do you feel about TC? Since TCat is familiar with you, do you have confidence in reading her? Let me know what you think of her as well, individually.

Red Ryu is not scum with Kraken Puns, pretty confident in this.
Red Ryu is town, semi-confident in this.
Why is that, can you explain?

This is so disgustingly noncomittal. WHAT feels off? Also answer the question I posed to the class earlier and be specific.
I actually agree to this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here's what I think so far.

I think Tale-spin's 'raised eyebrow' reactions are fake, same as his stance on TC/Kraken. I also feel his reason for doubting TC scum + TBG scum is weak. He has more evidence of TBG possibly being scum than his stance on Tcat. I don't think he really believes Travelling Cat is scum, and is being lazy scum voting whoever he can, for an 'interaction'. The reason why I feel he is not just lazy town, is because there is a vague reason for him choosing Travelling Cat over Kraken, and then it seems like he tries to maliciously force 'reactions' to make his stance on her fit, which as I said, are weak as all hell. I wouldn't think there would be any lazy town motivation to single out someone for no reason. I think it's possible he may be trying to avoid TBG, as scum (with him). I don't even see a stance on Kraken, and instead one on Red Ryu. I feel his stance on RR was just a 'Oh hey I'll just throw it out there to give the town some info, whoo hee!' stance.

I also do think TBG is scum as well, for trying to use sickness as an excuse for not elaborating on his Kraken stance, without really ever expressing it before. Just a slight scum lean though.

Unvote Vote: T-spin Double Kill

Travelling Cat, Kraken, join me?
AM, do you agree on Tale-Spin? Give me thoughts on him.

Badwolf+1v=t-1 in this thread

T=time of play for badwolf
V=vote

I'll factor important equations later but let it be known: bronies have no beauty. The are garbage!

And they're too ugly to go in the heap.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
First thing's first, I do not know if that's legit, aggro.

Second, What's up with the questions, ryu. It's looking awfully familiar to orbo's playstyle,*or so I think.

And my vote stays on circus until he arrives.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ryker and Laundry: A genie appears and offers you THREE wishes. But there's a catch! They have to be related to this specific mafia game. Standard genie clause of no wishing for more wishes just for good measure (I don't want to see you punks saying 'I wish for unlimited wishes in this mafia game')

Also who should I vote for, I'm pretty much just gunna operate under the assumption you's twos is town until late game so just point and click and boom you're a double voter

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey sometimes I play on D2 even

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
I'd (Rake Side ) Would be up for a spin around the old T-Block.

*badum tsst

However I'll discuss it with my co-captain. Consider us there in spirit.

Also; Ran is likely town; 85% sure about this

Top Bottom