• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
votecount 1 (40ppp)

Vote: Vinyl.
please bold the name of the player youre voting in the future

deadline is...who knows. ill add it to the votecounts once soup announces it

vinyl (1): badwolf28738
circus (1): vinyl.
aggressive mediation (1): red ruy
not voting (10): tbg, aggressive mediation, kraken puns, frozenflame751, ranmaru, gymmo, traveling cat, circus, glyph, potassium/t block hydra

[collapse=voting log]tbg -> none
aggressive mediation -> none
kraken puns -> none
red ruy -> aggressive mediation
frozenflame751 -> none
ranmaru -> none
gymmo -> none
vinyl. -> circus
traveling cat -> none
circus -> none
glyph -> none
badwolf -> vinyl.
potassium/t block hydra -> none[/collapse]

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Yaaayy, finally starting! :D

@anyone we've not played with before:

1. describe for us please your 'meta' or playstyle so that we don't read you wrong.
2. tell us why we should keep you around until endgame.
Eh? Who says your staying til endgame?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
~ Deadline is the 10th at 12 AM EST. 7 to Lynch. ~​

2nd Votecount:
Vinyl 1 - Badwolf28738
Circus 1 - Vinyl.
Aggressive Mediation 1 - Red Ruy
Gymmo 1- Ranmaru
Not Voting 10 - TBG, Aggressive Mediation, Kraken Puns, Frozenflame751 Gymmo, Traveling Cat, Circus, Glyph, Potassium/T-block hydra.

[collapse=Voting Log]TBG -> None
Aggressive Mediation -> None
Kraken Puns -> None
Red Ruy -> Aggressive Mediation
Frozenflame751 -> None
Ranmaru -> Gymmo
Gymmo -> None
Vinyl. -> Circus
Traveling Cat -> None
Circus -> None
Glyph -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl.
Potassium/T block hydra -> None[/collapse]

Heh! You dirty digits are about to get iterated.

Kraken Puns, where's your beauty? I hope you have factored in punny rap battles with me in your formula of a game plan. We'll find true art between my genius and your mockery yet.

:phone:

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
well well well, the treacherous waters of RVS. I forget what it's like to put a vote down and do nothing more. can we please step it up, people. I want this thing looking ship-shape.

I don't believe anyone says that. Maybe we will be Kraken Puns all game, who knows.

Now.

Can you describe for us your playstyle, and can you explain why we should be interested in keeping your slot alive?
For instance, why are you more valuable to us than playerslots we are familiar with?

Vote: Gymmo

let's see which way the wind's blowing.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
what's that on the horizon? I suppose it's our friend with the numbers.

Perchance they want to parley, I can't say. Offer them a tentacle to work with, either way.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

1. TBG - Remind me, what is your favorite alignment to get and why? How interests you atm off pregame?

2. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry) - I got a gun, who do I shoot? Why do I shoot them?

3. Kraken Puns (Anomandaris_Rake/Kary) - Frozenfame, Aggressive Mediation, Glyph, Circus, who is the hardest for you to read of the four?

4. Red Ryu -- :peanut:

5. frozenflame751 - What is the gameplan for your insight right now? I know you fall behind but what do you plan to do to make up for it if it does fall a tad behind?

6. Ranmaru - One piece sucks. You can you read the best among the cast naming 2 players with reasoning.

7. Gymmo - Who are you, what can I expect from you? Do you have past game experience?

8. Vinyl. - Top three worrisome players based on who scares you the most if they rolled Mafia.

9. traveling cat - Hi, haven't played with ya much, got any past games I can read to get a good feel for how ya play? Who are you familiar with in this game?

10. Circus - Explain to me Kraken Puns and what his pregame questions mean to you?

11. DtJ Glyphmoney - You claiming to be a Volcano Taco again? :awesome: Which of Gymmo, Vinyl and Badwolf do you intend to look at the hardest off meta knowledge or lack there off?

12. BadWolf28738 - What did you learn from past games and what do you plan on doing with that knowledge?

13. Potassium/T-Block hydra - T-Block I will drop meta completely for you, but what are you intending to accomplish with D1?

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
I don't believe anyone says that. Maybe we will be Kraken Puns all game, who knows.
It just seems like an arrogant thing to ask. Like you have no doubt you won't be lynched or NK'd.

Can you describe for us your playstyle, and can you explain why we should be interested in keeping your slot alive?
For instance, why are you more valuable to us than playerslots we are familiar with?
That's hard to answer. It's been over a year since I last played. I think it involved a lot of odd questions and walling someone to death.
Because I'm Town! But seriously, you can't assume I'm less valuable because you don't know me. You'll just have to watch and sea. :3

well well well, the treacherous waters of RVS. I forget what it's like to put a vote down and do nothing more. can we please step it up, people. I want this thing looking ship-shape.
Vote: Gymmo

let's see which way the wind's blowing.
What's this? You ask people to do more than slap down a vote and here you go and do the same? Smells fishy

Hello again, N.01, I see you're as prime as always.

:phone:
;3

9. traveling cat - Hi, haven't played with ya much, got any past games I can read to get a good feel for how ya play? Who are you familiar with in this game?
Gheb's FFIX mafia is the only game I played here, when I subbed for 1 Day.
AM and TBG. Don't know anyone else unless they unless they were from AiB and changed their name.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
It just seems like an arrogant thing to ask. Like you have no doubt you won't be lynched or NK'd.
our apologies, that wasn't our intention. though as lord and master of all oceans and seas, we can get a little haughty.

That's hard to answer. It's been over a year since I last played. I think it involved a lot of odd questions and walling someone to death.
Because I'm Town! But seriously, you can't assume I'm less valuable because you don't know me. You'll just have to watch and sea. :3
ho ho ho

out of curiosity, what alignment was the person you walled to death?

What's this? You ask people to do more than slap down a vote and here you go and do the same? Smells fishy
I take it you don't need me to explain the difference.

Gymmo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gymmo_Network

1. describe for us please your 'meta' or playstyle so that we don't read you wrong.
First game on this forum. I've played on SmashNL and MafiaScum before. Total experience is about 15~20 games, so I know the ropes. Expect me to post around once a day.

As preparation for this game I've picked up EartBound (even though it's not necessary), and as a result I'm a big EarthBound fan now and I'm on my 3rd playthrough. :) So I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

Vote: Potassium / T-Block hydra

I'm not a fan of hydra's. I'm ok with Kraken Puns though because I think his puns are kinda funny so far. Btw Kraken Puns, are you aware of the fact that Kraken is actually an enemy in EarthBound?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu:

One Piece is great. :mad: IT MADE ME CRY. Although, talk to me about Naruto and other animes you might like. But continue to spout BULL**** about One Piece. I dare ya. :glare:

I'll get back to you on those reads (AM and FF), and would like for you to give insights on them too (after I give some thoughts on them). As of now, null for both. As RVS progresses there should be more to read them with content wise.

Traveling Cat:

You state you are familiar with AM and TBG. How confident do you feel in reading them? What do you think interests TBG more, scum or town? Is him posting in RR's Don't play this game Toonami Mafia (lol such a long name) but not here telling? Why or why not?

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
ho ho ho

out of curiosity, what alignment was the person you walled to death?
Overall? Mixed bag. Mostly wolf, but occasionally town.

I take it you don't need me to explain the difference.
Mmmm, no. Please explain.

Traveling Cat:

You state you are familiar with AM and TBG. How confident do you feel in reading them? What do you think interests TBG more, scum or town? Is him posting in RR's Don't play this game Toonami Mafia (lol such a long name) but not here telling? Why or why not?
? First, bolded question is odd. Please clarify. Second, something about TBG bugging you?

More confident in AM than TBG. I remember TBG almost always town in every game I played with him so I can't really read him based on that. >_>
No. This game has just started, while that one's been going for a while.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What I meant was, do you think TBG is interested in playing as mafia, or as town in your own opinion? Clarify how this is odd to you. No, TBG isn't bugging me, I was wondering if you'd think otherwise due to being more familiar with him. If I had a problem with him, I'd address him, or just ask him questions if I have minor concerns. This is also why I asked you if you thought TBG liked scum or town more, since you might know more than me. Once something bugs me, you'll see.

Ok, thank you. Get back to me on TBG and AM reads, please? :3

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
[COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE]

Mmmm, no. Please explain.
The complaint is not that people are slapping votes down. We're more than happy to do that and see what happens. However, we expect players to do more than simply vote. Hopefully you'll agree that we are not just voting for someone.

(although being a massive hypocrite is not necessarily a scumtell ;) )

The complaint is not that people are slapping votes down. We're more than happy to do that and see what happens. However, we expect players to do more than simply vote. Hopefully you'll agree that we are not just voting for someone.

This factoring hectopascal thinks he knows the math! Look at him taunt the rest of these 000s.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
What I meant was, do you think TBG is interested in playing as mafia, or as town in your own opinion? Clarify how this is odd to you. No, TBG isn't bugging me, I was wondering if you'd think otherwise due to being more familiar with him. If I had a problem with him, I'd address him, or just ask him questions if I have minor concerns. This is also why I asked you if you thought TBG liked scum or town more, since you might know more than me. Once something bugs me, you'll see.

Ok, thank you. Get back to me on TBG and AM reads, please? :3
Um, no, I don't know the answer to that. If he is interested in as playing mafia or town, what difference would that make on whether he is mafia or town? That's what confuses me.

And do I need to bold the 'I've only seen TBG play as town' part? Kinda hard to make a 'familiar' read if you don't have an idea on the wolf side. He's going to be just as fun for me to read as everyone else here.

Other than parleying with me, you are just voting for someone like everyone else. You haven't been doing anything else.

So for the record, you're admitting to being a hypocrite? :)

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Other than parleying with me, you are just voting for someone like everyone else. You haven't been doing anything else.
if you ignore what we're doing, then we're not doing anything :urg:

so what's the complaint here? do you think we don't meet our own standards?

So for the record, you're admitting to being a hypocrite? :)
not sure if this is meant to be a loaded question :facepalm: either way

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not to **** up or ***** out.

Seriously tho, I need to ask more questions, be less salty and try to answer better.

:applejack:
Do tell.

What happened and what went wrong, what do you plan to do here to fix that. Rather, what got you in those situations as town and scum, and what are you going to do here to fix that?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll be spendin more time finishing my assignment now that I possibly broke my left hand by punching a wall out of anger. I'm currently typing this on my new 3ds in a hospital, wearing that new adventure time shirt I bought a day ago, which is now sorta torn after being pulled constantly by my own mother. And after that's over with, i'll try to find a job and a new place to stay at.

Also, I'm not fully wary of the top three i most fear of, but I do know that I'm not really worried at most of them.

not sure if this is meant to be a loaded question :facepalm: either way

You've got to be kidding. Your formula has been all about loaded questions and now you're changing the values?

Your art needs work if you want to find true beauty, but I'll come back to that in a moment.

Post incoming.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Hey guys.

I was going to find some creative way to enter the game, maybe crack some puns, but I think that concept's been exhausted.

Vote: traveling cat

No matter which way I spin it, tc's interactions with Kraken Puns just don't line up.

Heh, thought I could let the student teachers run the class for a little while. I guess their mental capacity is only 1/1000 of my own.

ATTENTION ALL YOCTOGRAMS

Class is back in session. Today's lesson? Algebra 101, due to the decimals in the back that decided to divide by 0. It's time you digits learned true beauty from a real artist.

This is my classroom now! I intend to instruct you 000s on the aesthetics of math and the logic of art. I will be running this show from start to finish and I will not tolerate slackers. You 000s will need to put every effort of work into this classroom, or else they shall be iterated and then subtracted.

Red Ruy: I run this ****. Out of all players not named -273C, you are the one who will be insubordinate to us for the sake of insubordination. I will assume, should you try to go against us, that you are scum doing it for the sake of not letting us have full control of the game. You may not like it, but if you are town, work with us. You are allowed to speak up if you have a problem with our math, but don't interrupt class when the teacher is talking. I don't want any class clowns.

-273.15 C (you 000s call him FrozenFlame): I don't remember what game it was, but I made an offer to you in our last game together. The offer was such: at any given time, should you ask it, I would show you my hand--but only as long as you'd do the same for me. That offer is back on the table again, as you are a pain to read without information. Do you accept?

Crack 'n Puns': Okay, you think you're hot ****, but you ain't. I see what you're doing and quite honestly it won't fly. I can shut you down because I can do it better. If the two players that make up your hydra are allowed to play in the way this slot is setting itself up to play, it will allow you both the ability to do whatever you want with absolutely no accountability for your actions. That is not allowed. From this point forward, your word is your arm and recanting previous stances or acting in a hypocritical manner will be treated as a scumtell and a heavy one at that. Acknowledge and accept it.

N.01: It seems like an arrogant thing to say, you say? I happen to know for a fact that you've seen arrogance before. After all, lovely numeral, you've dealt with us. I know for a fact that you're capable of handling it better. So tell me what you hope to gain by biting on Crack 'n Puns' loaded question.

The entire class: I want you to look at this exchange:

Yaaayy, finally starting! :D

First I want all of you to tell me what you think about Crack 'n Puns' loaded question at the start of the game, and then I want your thoughts on Tcat's response.

Hey guys.

I was going to find some creative way to enter the game, maybe crack some puns, but I think that concept's been exhausted.

Vote: traveling cat

No matter which way I spin it, tc's interactions with Kraken Puns just don't line up.
Assume 1 response from N.01. What proof wouldn't cause you to raise your eyebrow?

We are in this game is in keeps. If anyone asks if we're driving for thread power, the answer is yes you factoring hectopascal. We want to win.

What answer from TCat wouldn't raise your eyebrow?

ALSO

@Red Ruy: I neglected to answer your question. In the sign-ups topic, I said I would shoot FF; however, given the progress of this game, my answer has changed. I would probably shoot Crack 'n Puns for reasons I have already stated.

TBG

Smash Cadet

I don't even know what my meta is anymore.
World peace.

actual meta note: I make a lot of jokes

1. TBG - Remind me, what is your favorite alignment to get and why? How interests you atm off pregame?
Mafia. It's simply more multilayered. I have to do everything I do as Town, but worry about my Mafia goals at the same time.

As to why I haven't been posting here, I'm sick IRL, so I'm not really putting in a ton of effort right now. R&R was important to post in since I've done little there all game, but I figured this was a little putoffable would still be mostly in RVS, which it is.

Teh010Guy, we see you viewing. Please stand up and answer the class. Show us your true beauty.
i can't; it's on the inside

Agreeing that the TC/Kraken interaction feels off. vote kraken

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
First I want all of you to tell me what you think about Crack 'n Puns' loaded question at the start of the game, and then I want your thoughts on Tcat's response.
This one should require no proofs.

Assume 1 response from N.01. What proof wouldn't cause you to raise your eyebrow?
This one could be simplified to an equal equation.

Assuming a lack of response isn't an option, what response to the loaded question wouldn't cause you to dislike TCat's response?

This one should require no proofs.

This one could be simplified to an equal equation.

Assuming a lack of response isn't an option, what response to the loaded question wouldn't cause you to dislike TCat's response?

Top Bottom