• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Glyph, Gymmo, not viable alternatives to remove useless players? Both are completely useless. One isn't here at all and the other is being purposely useless so he can coast to D3 which only helps him and not town.

I can prove it via I will die if I target scum and if two deaths occur you know I wasn't shot at.

If not I can protect players from dying at the very least.

If my death is the only one occuring, it means I was shot at.

~

Gheb that is stupid, Scum doing 1v1 trades 95% of the time is bad for them. I will gladly trade myself for a CC and see them die tomorrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, how has your read on AM progressed?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
...your asking me if my read on a player who hasn't posted since I asked him before on his own posts has progressed?

...huh?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are talking about useless alternatives, I feel AM is a great one for that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actively useless like Glyph who is purposely not posting content isn't worse? Nor is a player who hasn't posted?

I find those to be far more detrimental.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Aggressive Mediation questionable, want to put him in town lean but pending on me reading old games.
You gave two, I was wondering why you weren't mentioning AM as well. I feel AM is a better useless lynch option because they were trying to frame things bigger than they really were, something I'd think scum would do while also falling off the face of the earth afterwards and not showing up again. I'm not going to just lynch people for being useless, but mostly for being suspicious. I also said 'progressed' because of the underlined above. Did you forget?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The game I was reading was OS All Stars.

I was reading to see if they were going for thread power just to have it, instead of using it to find scum like Ryker did in that game, and to also see how WashedLaundry posts as town again.

Ran, Glyph is purposely not posting anything, that makes him unreadable. That isn't suspicious in itself but that is extremely detrimental.

Kraken shut the hell up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

Glyph, Gymmo, not viable alternatives to remove useless players?
I said "it's not like we don't have alternative options". You understand what that means?

I can prove it via I will die if I target scum and if two deaths occur you know I wasn't shot at.

If not I can protect players from dying at the very least.

If my death is the only one occuring, it means I was shot at.
Are we going to just blindly assume the absence of Serial Killer, Roleblockers, Redirectors, Bus Drivers etc? This is exactly why it's dumb to operate under the assumption that your claim will get you cleared when Day 2 starts. If you die alongside somebody else we will not know what actually happened. If only you die we will also not know what actually happened. Your "plan" of proving yourself doesn't prove anything at all - whether you live, die alone or die alongside somebody doesn't affect that at all.

Gheb that is stupid, Scum doing 1v1 trades 95% of the time is bad for them. I will gladly trade myself for a CC and see them die tomorrow.
And why do you only assume the possibility of scum going for a 1v1 trade but don't consider the possibility that games can have more than one protective role? Or that it'd be foolish to assume so in case somebody actually CCs? A CC doesn't necessarily have to involve a scumbag, nor does it necessarily result in a 1v1 trade. Don't assume the best case to occur.

You don't think it can be scummy to make up bull reasoning?
It can be scummy. If "bull reasoning" is made use of in order to establish facts, connections, reads and the like I'd consider it scummy because there's definitely a motive and a purpose behind it. If it's something like a shallow justification to join a wagon I think it's just people being tools.

:059:

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
I'll shut the hell up when I feel like it.

You claiming, at L-3, as DOCTOR, was TERRIBLE

oh, and JANITOR :facepalm:

If you want to give me some sort of explanation as to how you played your role, when if at all you were planning to claim, or anything really beyond 'lol i got mad and claimed' then hell maybe i'll listen.

Or maybe you could talk about where your reads came from because right now to me they just look made up, and ever since Ran voted you you've been hating on inactives.

I mean DAMN Ryu

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What's terrible about claiming at L-3 as Doctor? Just because a bunch of tools have said those words before you doesn't mean it's a bad thing to claim in such a situation. Use your own brain.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was planning on trying to target players I thought were town and claiming on D3 with two people who were cleared.

That is why I was trying to be more careful this game even more so with my stipulation of targeting scum = I die.

I wanted to bring this forward later and not now with the bull**** that happened.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really hate it when a good wagon gets discredited by dumb pepople joining for dumb reasons. But I'll maintain that neither TBG's nor Spin's explanations on TownRyu have been convincing and all my issues with him have been left unanswered. Still think Crackhead is town and lynching him is not a viable option right now. Ryu will likely continue to be a problematic slot unless NAs will somehow prove his claim.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Really hate it when a good wagon gets discredited by dumb pepople joining for dumb reasons. But I'll maintain that neither TBG's nor Spin's explanations on TownRyu have been convincing and all my issues with him have been left unanswered. Still think Crackhead is town and lynching him is not a viable option right now. Ryu will likely continue to be a problematic slot unless NAs will somehow prove his claim.

Here's an easy solution. Lynch someone else.

" Oh my god no way we can't do that! There's only 2 days left of this Day!"

Shut up and find someone else if RR is going to be this problematic.

:applejack:

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
He's getting pissed. I know the feeling. It's something that you do when you feel like you can't get a point through someone's impossibly thick head. I'm still reading him as towny tho. I like his reasoning.

This is a terrible plan.

"Hey let's kill the doctor!"
People want him dead right now, don't they? The only reason this differs is we potentially get a scum out of it.

Also, your answer implies AM scum while that doesn't have to be true at all. Do you think AM is scum?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
People want him dead right now, don't they? The only reason this differs is we potentially get a scum out of it.

Also, your answer implies AM scum while that doesn't have to be true at all. Do you think AM is scum?
No but I think you are, based on your reactions to my questions and you have yet to acknowledge the response I made on your question. It's very hypocritical. I want AM alive until D2 at least.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
At the same time Badwolf I do not think lynching TDK is a good idea either.

I say lynch TCat at this point if not then one if the 5 inactives/coasters we have in this game.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
No matter who RR targets, we want that to be publicly announced. If there's a RB, Redirector, Bus Driver that's GOOD for us because we forced them to be on RR. If not, we publicly know RR's target so if he dies we can use that as a tool to help us determine what went down in the Night. This is not to say we assume his action went off without a hitch, but it pressures scum into doing something about him.

This is why AM is a good target.

@BW: You are a moron. Describe why me not wanting to answer your useless dumb-as-**** questions that won't change your tunneling of my slot or help anyone else out is scummy. Scum should want to not bring attention to himself and I probably would've just sucked it up and answered them because obviously I know you're going to blow up like this. I still refuse to answer them though, so there. Also you're a ******* because AM wouldn't die if RR targeted him. RR would. Considering people want that already this is a non-issue.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Inclined to believe Badwolf, Ran, and KP are tools over scum, but could be swayed on them. Would rather lynch Gymmo or tcat.

@TBG and Aggressive Mediation: From what you know of tcat's meta, is this play standard or obscure for her?

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
I have every intention of public announcing my NA btw before the night phase.
If you die we know who's scum. Scum can roleblock/kill/redirect you either way.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Weak

The Weak modifier can be used as a pseudo-cop IF TOWN KNOWS WHO YOU'RE TARGETING. If we get your death and someone else's death in the Night, and you died from targeting scum, you will be filled with regret knowing you didn't out your target.

Show me why outing your target is a negative. I don't want to be wrong on my read on you but that possibility is crossing my mind.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It tells scum who they can frame with a redirect or busdriver whike possibly clearing one of thier own if they rokeblock, I lose PP from using my NA if it got wasted.

I'm opening scum to screw with my power and make WIFOM happen. But I think with appropriate targeting we can decrease the odds of it being a blind shot and make it so we can make use of it.

I'd rather target an active player who has connections instead of an inactive. I was thinking Ran since pretty much everyone has him as town.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
At the same time Badwolf I do not think lynching TDK is a good idea either.

I say lynch TCat at this point if not then one if the 5 inactives/coasters we have in this game.
I'd be ok with a TC swing.

No matter who RR targets, we want that to be publicly announced. If there's a RB, Redirector, Bus Driver that's GOOD for us because we forced them to be on RR. If not, we publicly know RR's target so if he dies we can use that as a tool to help us determine what went down in the Night. This is not to say we assume his action went off without a hitch, but it pressures scum into doing something about him.

This is why AM is a good target.

@BW: You are a moron. Describe why me not wanting to answer your useless dumb-as-**** questions that won't change your tunneling of my slot or help anyone else out is scummy. Scum should want to not bring attention to himself and I probably would've just sucked it up and answered them because obviously I know you're going to blow up like this. I still refuse to answer them though, so there. Also you're a ******* because AM wouldn't die if RR targeted him. RR would. Considering people want that already this is a non-issue.
Do you not think before you open your mouth? Really at all?

YOU said that you asked questions only for reactions. Your reaction to my questions was worse than ****ty. It was downright ********. The idea that you start to cuss at me for being a ******* while you sit back and get on others for doing the same thing that you did earlier in the game is so ****ing idiotic that I'm not even sure why you're still alive.

Seriously, the fact of the matter is that it would have taken you like 10 mins to answer those questions and allow me to get off your stupid ***, but you didn't. It's your damn fault that I'm on you and if you want me to get off I suggest just answering the ****ing questions. Now stop being a ******* and work with people instead of thinking that we're all "tools". Because right now you're not being much better either. God damn I was hoping that I wouldn't get pissed this game but Jesus christ you're so ****ing stupid. Get it though your head that I'm not going to just lie down and take it.

Also get off the ****ing wagon. RR isn't happening toDay and everyone ****ing knows it. Even RR does. Jesus it's like talking to a 5 year old. You're even acting like one right now with the "so there" comment. Jesus christ, either get some balls and stop being such an idiot or just kill yourself.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
I don't want you to get off me. If you will only do so from me answering your questions then so be it, tunnel me all game and see how well you improve. I'd suggest learning in the future though, because your behaviour has deterred me from wanting to answer your questions. Sorry bud.

@RR: Scum can RB you either way, and Ran is a bad target. His play this game is bad even he is town and scum will not be killing him, nor do you have a high chance of spontaneously dying from him being scum. Come up with a better option.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
The difference is I was fine with people not wanting to answer my questions. That's their natural response to it and I'm not going to shove them down their throat. They react to it once, I got what I need, I drop it. What you're doing is change dumb, and I'm sorry I can't find a kind way to word that.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
The difference is I was fine with people not wanting to answer my questions. That's their natural response to it and I'm not going to shove them down their throat. They react to it once, I got what I need, I drop it. What you're doing is change dumb, and I'm sorry I can't find a kind way to word that.
Brb I'm going to go headbutt a brick wall for a couple hours. I might get more results.

Top Bottom