• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Smash Rookie
New roster, 75 characters (77 counting Mii Fighter as 3 characters):

Selection based on ideal and on mostly best-selling franchises.

Row 1
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Duck Hunt Duo
Excite Biker

Row 2
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Toon Link
Takamaru
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit

Row 3
Little Mac
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Chrom
Lucina
Corrin
Isaac
Captain Falcon
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee

Row 4
Fox
Falco
Andross
Wolf
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Decidueye
Villager
Tom Nook
Isabelle
Andy
Pikmin & Olimar

Row 5
Wii Fit Trainer
Chorus Kids (or alternatively another Rhythm Heaven rep)
Shulk
Inkling
Ribbon Girl (Spring Man alt)
Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Bomberman
Solid Snake
Mega Man
Ryu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bayonetta
Rayman
Cloud Strife
Mii Fighter
this is a pretty perfect roster my dude, 8/10 i would rate higher if i knew who some of these add on characters were, also (another arms character and shovel knight would make this an 11/10 list lol)

D

Deleted member

Aaaaand I made a new roster. This one has 80 characters.
Smesh Roster.png

Green borders = Alternate costumes (Used FE Black Knight as a placeholder for SK Black Knight)
smesh Roster.png

Each series has up to 2 new characters (Except for Zelda which has 3, but one of them is purely cosmetic so it doesn't count. Geno counts as a Mario RPG rep)
Sorted by series.
*=(Slightly) modified moveset

Mario
:4mario:(Odyssey costumes, not including Dr. Mario):4luigi::4peach::4bowser:(Dry Bowser):4bowserjr:(Koopalings):rosalina::substitute::substitute:
Captain Toad (w/ Toadette alt), Waluigi

Donkey Kong
:4dk::4diddy::substitute::substitute:
King K. Rool (Alts of his personas), Dixie Kong

The Legend of Zelda
:4link:(OoT, SS, BoTW alts) :4zelda:(OoT, SS, BoTW alts)*:4ganondorf:(OoT, WW alts)*:4tlink:*:substitute::substitute::substitute:
Impa (Replaces Sheik)(OoT, SS alts), Tetra, Vaati

Metroid
:4samus:*:4zss::substitute:
Too Big the Cat

Yoshi
:4yoshi::substitute:
Kamek

Wario
:4wario2:*

Kirby
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::substitute:
Bandana Dee

Star Fox
:4fox::4falco::wolf:*:substitute:
Slippy (Joke character)

Pokemon
:4pikachu:(Cosplay Pikachu and Ash-Pikachu alts) :4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo::substitute:
Decidueye

Mother/Earthbound
:4ness:(Ninten):4lucas:

Fire Emblem
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4lucina:(Chrom)*:4robinm::4corrinf:

Kid Icarus
:4pit::4palutena:*

Animal Crossing
:4villager::substitute:
Isabelle

Xenoblade
:4shulk::substitute:
Rex

Retro
:4gaw::popo::4rob::4duckhunt::substitute:
Takamaru

Misc
:4falcon:(Blood Falcon) :4olimar:(:4alph:):4littlemac::4wiifit::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute:
Inkling (Boy and Girl, similar alt system to Villager), Spring Man or Ribbon Girl, Tibby, Isaac (Matthew)

3rd party
:4pacman:(Ms. Pac-Man) :4megaman::4ryu: :4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::snake:(Naked Snake? Idk much about Metal Gear) :substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute:
Dr. Eggman, Simon Belmont (Other Belmonts as alts), Geno, Hayabusa, Rayman, Shovel Knight (Black Knight)

CUTS:
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee: - Probably the least requested cut veterans overall.
:squirtle::ivysaur: - We have too many Gen 1 Pokemon as is, and they were only included because of a gimmick that no longer exists.
:4sheik: - Impa gets her moveset to make room for Tetra (I didn't want to have 3 Zeldas)
:4drmario: - Literally just Mario with different clothes, and doesn't have enough enough moveset difference from his original to justify being seperate.
:4darkpit: - Literally the worst clone in Smash history. New moveset or not, I don't think he deserves to be in the game at all.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: - Poorly executed and take too much development time.
Edit: Pls give me feedback
Edit 2: Re-organized my roster based on games release date (Save for some series that couldn't fit within certain rows, and series with multiple characters took priority, hence why Sonic and Eggman aren't with the rest of the 3rd parties), because as @GoldenYuiitusin said, it was rather disorganized. Also added the alternate costumes, but for Simon, I only added the Belmonts whose icons were already on the roster maker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luminario

Smash Lord
View attachment 133870

Each series has up to 2 new characters (Except for Zelda which has 3, but one of them is purely cosmetic so it doesn't count)
Sorted by series.

Mario
:4mario:(Odyssey costumes, not including Dr. Mario):4luigi::4peach:(Daisy):4bowser:(Dry Bowser):4bowserjr:(Koopalings):rosalina::substitute::substitute:

Donkey Kong

The Legend of Zelda
:4link:(OoT, SS, BoTW alts) :4zelda:(OoT, SS, BoTW alts)*:4ganondorf:(OoT, WW alts)*:4tlink:*:substitute::substitute::substitute:

Metroid
Too Big the Cat

Yoshi
Kamek

Other Mario related series
:4wario2:*:substitute:
Paper Mario (Represents Mario RPGs)

Kirby
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Galacta Knight):substitute:
Bandana Dee

Star Fox
Slippy (Joke character)

Pokemon
:4pikachu:(Cosplay Pikachu and Ash-Pikachu alts) :4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:(Shadow Mewtwo):substitute:
Decidueye

Mother/Earthbound

Fire Emblem
:4marth::4feroy:(Eliwood):4myfriends::4lucina:(Chrom)*:4robinm::4corrinf:

Kid Icarus

Animal Crossing
Isabelle

Xenoblade
Rex

Retro
Takamaru

Misc
:4falcon:(Blood Falcon) :4olimar:(:4alph:):4littlemac::4wiifit::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute:
Inkling (Boy and Girl, similar alt system to Villager), Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (Alts of each other), Tibby, Isaac (Matthew)

3rd party
:4pacman:(Ms. Pac-Man) :4megaman::4ryu:(Ken) :4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::snake:(Naked Snake? Idk much about Metal Gear) :substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute:
Dr. Eggman, Simon Belmont (Other Belmonts), Hayabusa, Rayman, Shovel Knight (Black Knight)

CUTS:
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee: - Probably the least requested cut veterans overall.
:squirtle::ivysaur: - We have too many Gen 1 Pokemon as is, and they were only included because of a gimmick that no longer exists.
:4sheik: - Impa gets her moveset to make room for Tetra (I didn't want to have 3 Zeldas)
:4drmario: - Literally just Mario with different clothes, and doesn't have enough enough moveset difference from his original to justify being seperate.
:4darkpit: - Literally the worst clone in Smash history. New moveset or not, I don't think he deserves to be in the game at all.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: - Poorly executed and take too much development time.
Slippy over Krystal? Blocked. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
My boy Vaati up there though which is rare but nice. With him and Tetra it's essentially like fulfilling the Toon Triforce Trio.
I was going to question Tibby but now I think about it he makes sense as he's the most recent Rhythm Heaven mascot.
A pretty solid roster overall but with a few choices that could potentially be unpopular. Bold choice to remove Sheik for Impa. Questionable, but bold.

D

Deleted member

Slippy over Krystal? Blocked. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
That's the whole point.
To make people salty because he was picked over Wolf or Krystal (He'd be revealed before Wolf). :troll:
That and I doubt I'll play any of the post 64 Star Fox games.
I was going to question Tibby but now I think about it he makes sense as he's the most recent Rhythm Heaven mascot.
I originally had Chorus Kids there, but I felt like they'd make work great as a summon in a RH character's USmash. Tibby is the most recent "mascot" of RH, so I picked him.
A pretty solid roster overall but with a few choices that could potentially be unpopular. Bold choice to remove Sheik for Impa. Questionable, but bold.
Thanks. BTW, I just replaced Paper Mario with Geno, any comment on that?

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure. Geno's clearly popular, but his last game was over 20 years ago. He could be added in as a retro at this point, but that's usually reserved for fighters from stand-alone series. Meanwhile Paper Mario is another Mario, but he's distinct enough to have a pretty unique moveset and he's also certainly relevant. I'd prefer Geno simply due to his look and abilities, but Paper Mario's probably the more likely one thanks to relevancy and 1st party ownership.

D

Deleted member

I'm not entirely sure. Geno's clearly popular, but his last game was over 20 years ago. He could be added in as a retro at this point, but that's usually reserved for fighters from stand-alone series. Meanwhile Paper Mario is another Mario, but he's distinct enough to have a pretty unique moveset and he's also certainly relevant. I'd prefer Geno simply due to his look and abilities, but Paper Mario's probably the more likely one thanks to relevancy and 1st party ownership.
Sakurai actually talked about Geno though, so he's got that going for him.
IDK which one to choose, I haven't played either Paper Mario or Mario RPG yet, but Geno has a massive fan following and while Paper Mario does have a quite large fanbase, he is another Mario.
Really though the main reason I chose Geno over Paper Mario was this. Unless Paper Mario has a soundtrack that can match or top this, it's Geno all the way.
Edit: That and Geno's Smashified render is sexy as ****.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 133872

Each series has up to 2 new characters (Except for Zelda which has 3, but one of them is purely cosmetic so it doesn't count. Geno counts as a Mario RPG rep)
Sorted by series.

Mario
:4mario:(Odyssey costumes, not including Dr. Mario):4luigi::4peach:(Daisy):4bowser:(Dry Bowser):4bowserjr:(Koopalings):rosalina::substitute::substitute:

Donkey Kong

The Legend of Zelda

Metroid
Too Big the Cat

Yoshi
Kamek

Wario
:4wario2:*

Kirby
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Galacta Knight):substitute:
Bandana Dee

Star Fox
Slippy (Joke character)

Pokemon
:4pikachu:(Cosplay Pikachu and Ash-Pikachu alts) :4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:(Shadow Mewtwo):substitute:
Decidueye

Mother/Earthbound

Fire Emblem
:4marth::4feroy:(Eliwood):4myfriends::4lucina:(Chrom)*:4robinm::4corrinf:

Kid Icarus

Animal Crossing
Isabelle

Xenoblade
Rex

Retro
Takamaru

Misc
Inkling (Boy and Girl, similar alt system to Villager), Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (Alts of each other), Tibby, Isaac (Matthew)

3rd party
:4pacman:(Ms. Pac-Man) :4megaman::4ryu:(Ken) :4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::snake:(Naked Snake? Idk much about Metal Gear) :substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute::substitute:
Dr. Eggman, Simon Belmont (Other Belmonts), Geno, Hayabusa, Rayman, Shovel Knight (Black Knight)

CUTS:
Edit: Pls give me feedback
I'll weigh in on this what I like and dislike.

The Good:
+There was an attempt made at giving equal treatment among character displacement.
+Waluigi
+Slippy (I'd love to see him as a gag character)
+Eggman
+Shovel Knight

The Bad:
-The disorganization of the character layout. It's halfway going for the same themed layout of Smash 4's CSS, halfway randomly placing characters anywhere to fit.
-Geno and the arbitrary separate series label and placement. Being owned by Square-Enix doesn't make him any less of a Mario character.
-The overabundance of Mario-related additions. Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno, Kamek, Dixie Kong, AND King K. Rool? Having different series icons doesn't magically remove the fact that they fall under the same Mario umbrella. K. Rool can get a free pass because he barely has a "Mario" presence, but still. This is excessive.
-Adding several questionable alts that wouldn't logically be alts based on what happened with Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. Using Ken as an example, he may be the original Shotoclone, but Ken has a number of differences from Ryu gameplay-wise within the Street Fighter series that he would HAVE to be separated.

The Ugly:
=Petty removals of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, ESPECIALLY while keeping Lucina despite her status as a clone just like them. If there were actual logical reasons behind their absence (i.e. Dr. Mario because Mario and Mario Accessories have too many characters already), that'd be one thing. But since they're cut simply because "Ew, clones I don't like", can't let it go without criticism.
=Continuing from above and the point about alts, you have several alts that don't make sense as alts for the same reasons that led to Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being separated, yet you don't even bother making THEM alts as well. There's a glaring inconsistency there.
=Replacing Sheik for Impa.
=Decidueye (JK; Decidueye is merely "meh" to me. I just have to add this point because I don't want to disappoint those who are expecting it.)

Oddball

Smash Lord
View attachment 133872Edit: Pls give me feedback

The roster is rather Mario heavy as well as being Fire Emblem Sword Guy heavy.
I have a hard time accepting Kamek is a viable choice and I'm the guy who added Eggplant Wizard to hius friggin' roster!
I don't know what cosplay Pikachu is.
I feel people put Ninten on their rosters because they feel like they need a Mother 1 rep to round out the series, but he really doesn't have anything to justify him being there when Ness is already playable, not even a different look.
I have no problem switching out Sheik for Impa. I think Sheik has kind of lost her relevance anyway.
I couldn't agree with you less on the Miis. I loved those guys. LOVED THEM.

:4darkpit: - Literally the worst clone in Smash history.
Nah. That would be Pichu.

Geno is overrated.

Using Ken as an example, he may be the original Shotoclone, but Ken has a number of differences from Ryu gameplay-wise within the Street Fighter series that he would HAVE to be separated.
Ken has some differences sure, but not enough to justify him being a separate character. .. at least not when he's guest starring in somebody elses game. In Street Fighter? Sure.

D

Deleted member

Ken has some differences sure, but not enough to justify him being a separate character. .. at least not when he's guest starring in somebody elses game. In Street Fighter? Sure.
The actual point is that he doesn't make sense as an alt.
This isn't about whether or not he should be in Smash.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't know what cosplay Pikachu is.
I feel people put Ninten on their rosters because they feel like they need a Mother 1 rep to round out the series, but he really doesn't have anything to justify him being there when Ness is already playable, not even a different look.
Cosplay Pikachu is a unique female Pikachu that you obtain in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire that can change clothes to gain unique moves. As an alt it would likely be purely cosmetic so no move changes, just adorable outfits.
Ninten was just an alt, he isn't his own character.

D

Deleted member

-The disorganization of the character layout. It's halfway going for the same themed layout of Smash 4's CSS, halfway randomly placing characters anywhere to fit.
I didn't exactly know how to organize them without making the rows too long. What exactly do you dislike about the "disorganization"?

-The overabundance of Mario-related additions. Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno, Kamek, Dixie Kong, AND King K. Rool? Having different series icons doesn't magically remove the fact that they fall under the same Mario umbrella. K. Rool can get a free pass because he barely has a "Mario" presence, but still. This is excessive.
I didn't notice that up until now. Wasn't my intention, that's for sure, but I don't think I'll remove anyone.

-Adding several questionable alts that wouldn't logically be alts based on what happened with Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. Using Ken as an example, he may be the original Shotoclone, but Ken has a number of differences from Ryu gameplay-wise within the Street Fighter series that he would HAVE to be separated.
I admit I didn't know that bit about Ken (Never played a Street Fighter game). I'll edit that out once I get on a computer.

=Petty removals of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, ESPECIALLY while keeping Lucina despite her status as a clone just like them. If there were actual logical reasons behind their absence (i.e. Dr. Mario because Mario and Mario Accessories have too many characters already), that'd be one thing. But since they're cut simply because "Ew, clones I don't like", can't let it go without criticism.
I admit I don't really have a good reason to remove either of them, but I kept Lucina because of her status in Fire Emblem, as she's becoming somewhat of a mascot of the series.

=Continuing from above and the point about alts, you have several alts that don't make sense as alts for the same reasons that led to Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being separated, yet you don't even bother making THEM alts as well. There's a glaring inconsistency there.
I think demoting characters into alts is a bad concept. These characters have differences (Albeit small) and fans, demoting them would cause them to lose said differences and upset their fans, which I don't want.

=Decidueye (JK; Decidueye is merely "meh" to me. I just have to add this point because I don't want to disappoint those who are expecting it.)
To be fair, I agree with your point about Decidueye not being as likely as people say he is. I just personally really want him in.

Also, may I ask what's the difference between "The bad" and "The Ugly?"

The roster is rather Mario heavy as well as being Fire Emblem Sword Guy heavy.
I have 8 Mario characters (well, 16 if you count the Yoshi and DK characters and Wario and Geno, which is a lot, I'll give you that).
But Fire Emblem? I literally just kept the 6 we have. I don't see what's wrong with that (aside from potentially 6 FE characters being too much), and I don't think critcizing the inclusion of pre-existing characters is legit.

I have a hard time accepting Kamek is a viable choice and I'm the guy who added Eggplant Wizard to hius friggin' roster!
I once saw a pretty cool moveset someone made for him. I can't link to it rn because I'm on mobile.

Ninten is an alt like Luminario said. I actually agree with you 100%, making him a seperate character would be completely stupid and he's one of the worst potential newcomers anyone can add IMO.

I couldn't agree with you less on the Miis. I loved those guys. LOVED THEM.
Different opinions. Agree to disagree.

Geno is overrated.
To be fair, I don't completely disagree.

D

Deleted member

I didn't exactly know how to organize them without making the rows too long. What exactly do you dislike about the "disorganization"?
I mean exactly as I said. Part of it goes by Smash 4's layout theme (Series with more than one character are in order of release date, series with a single fighter are in order of release date and fill in gaps in the end of rows where another multi-character series wouldn't fit, Guests are in release date order, etc., not factoring in the separate clone set or DLC), while part of it just put multi-character series and single-characters wherever "fits".

Each CSS has certain themes going on with the overall layout, and I can't really make heads or tails of this one is all.

I didn't notice that up until now. Wasn't my intention, that's for sure, but I don't think I'll remove anyone.
Ok.

I admit I didn't know that bit about Ken (Never played a Street Fighter game). I'll edit that out once I get on a computer.
Ken was just one example. There's also Daisy, Galacta Knight, Ribbon Girl, Shadow Mewtwo, Chrom and, Eliwood.

I admit I don't really have a good reason to remove either of them, but I kept Lucina because of her status in Fire Emblem, as she's becoming somewhat of a mascot of the series.
Ok.

I think demoting characters into alts is a bad concept. These characters have differences (Albeit small) and fans, demoting them would cause them to lose said differences and upset their fans, which I don't want.
That's why that criticism was tied to the previous one about alts. Those characters I mentioned shouldn't be alts either for various reasons.

To be fair, I agree with your point about Decidueye not being as likely as people say he is. I just personally really want him in.

Also, may I ask what's the difference between "The bad" and "The Ugly?"
It's a play on the classic Western film called "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".
In this context, I used "The Bad" to refer to things that were more nitpicks of mine than anything else, while "The Ugly" to refer to things that particularly were unfavorable, hence why Decidueye was there as a joke.

D

Deleted member

I mean exactly as I said. Part of it goes by Smash 4's layout theme (Series with more than one character are in order of release date, series with a single fighter are in order of release date and fill in gaps in the end of rows where another multi-character series wouldn't fit, Guests are in release date order, etc., not factoring in the separate clone set or DLC), while part of it just put multi-character series and single-characters wherever "fits".

Each CSS has certain themes going on with the overall layout, and I can't really make heads or tails of this one is all.
I see. Do you have any suggestions about how to make the roster look more organized?

Ken was just one example. There's also Daisy, Galacta Knight, Ribbon Girl, Shadow Mewtwo, Chrom and, Eliwood.
Daisy: I can see why. Guess I'll remove her too.
Galacta Knight: IIRC he uses simillar attacks to Meta Knight in his boss fight (I may be wrong though)
Ribbon Girl: Admittedly I haven't played ARMS yet so I didn't know that bit.
Shadow Mewtwo: It's basically Mewtwo though. Can't it do whatever regular Mewtwo can? (Never touched my copy of Pokken so I don't know)
Chrom: That, I disagree with. He and Lucina share the same class and get simillar skills. Chrom's Sm4sh trophy also shares the same pose as Lucina's official Sm4sh render and their personalities are pretty simillar.
Eliwood: Haven't played FE7 yet, so I can't comment on that. All I know is that Eliwood is Roy's father.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Galacta Knight: IIRC he uses simillar attacks to Meta Knight in his boss fight (I may be wrong though)
Galacta Knight has his own unique skillset.

It's got some similarities but they're pretty minor.

Chrom's Sm4sh trophy also shares the same pose as Lucina's official Sm4sh render
Actually, its just Chrom's artwork from Awakening.

Lucina holds the opposite pose and is based on her artwork as "Marth"

Almost all trophy poses are based off of artwork or model poses from past games.

and their personalities are pretty simillar.
I'd disagree here.

Chrom and Lucina have similarities but they're pretty different personality wise.
Eliwood: Haven't played FE7 yet, so I can't comment on that.
Eliwood has a horse. :yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Galacta Knight has his own unique skillset.

It's got some similarities but they're pretty minor.
Lucina and Marth have almost no similarities in terms of fighting style, but she was still meant to be an alt.
I don't see why Galacta can't work as an alt.

Lucina is the opposite and based on her artwork as "Marth"

Almost all trophy poses are based off of artwork or model poses from past games.
Close enough.

I'd disagree here.

Chrom and Lucina have similarities but they're pretty different personality wise.
My memory of Awakening is a bit blurry so I was just thinking about the basic stuff (sense of justice and great swordplay), so I apologize for that part.
However, I still feel like Lucina can have taunts that fit both of them.

Eliwood has a horse. :yeahboi:
...oh.
I see.
Eliwood won't be an alt then.

Honestly guys, I don't really care too much about alts. I just put alts that some other people put on their rosters and seemed to work.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
So, I don't have the roster maker, HOWEVER, I have formulated what I believe to be the closet thing to a realistic Smash V roster that we might get.
Bare in mind that while I thought of this roster I kept a list of 5 things on my mind:

1. This is Sakurai's game, and he will choose who he sees fit to joining the roster. Whether or not that character is wanted/demanded/well recieved by everyone is a personal problem on that own person's regards.

2. Sakurai has stated before that cuts have to happen, but that he does not enjoy making them. That being said, the cuts I made are minimal. Had the 3DS limitations not been a factor from Brawl to Wii U/3DS, we would have probably only had one cut in the form of Snake.

3. DLC is a thing that is possible now, and with it brings the potential for new challengers and veterans to join the roster.

4. Unique characters who bring new fighting style to Smash are not going anywhere. The only cases of this have been Mewtwo in Brawl due to time constraints, and Snake in Wii U/3DS due to licensing.

5. Smash is Sakurai's game. It's a party game. It's a Japan focused, but all inclusive game.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not saying these characters will be in Smash. There are characters on this list that I know nothing about, and have no desire one way or another to have added to the roster, but after hours of research have determined they have a decent chance of being included as playable.)

That being said, Here is my (Realistic) Smash V Prediction Roster. (If Smash V was announced in late 2018/early2019)

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina & Luma
6. Bowser Jr. (Koopaling alts)
7. Paper Mario (NEW)
8. Yoshi
9. Wario *Edit*
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link
14. Pikachu
15. Jigglypuff
16. Charizard
17. Mewtwo *Edit*
18. Lucario
19. Greninja
20. Decidueye (NEW)
21. Kirby
22. King Dedede
23. Meta Knight
24. Donkey Kong
25. Diddy Kong
26. Dixie Kong (NEW)
27. King K. Rool (NEW)
28. Fox
29. Falco
30. Samus
31. Zero Suit Samus
32. Metroid Prime 4 Rep (NEW)
33. Pit
34. Palutena
35. Hades (NEW)
36. Marth
37. Roy
38. Ike
39. Robin
40. Corrin
41. Fire Emblem Switch Rep (NEW)
42. Mr. Game & Watch
43. Duck Hunt
44. R.O.B
45. Ice Climbers (RETURNING)
46. Takamaru (NEW)
47. Captain Falcon
48. Ness
49. Lucas
50. Villager
51. Isabelle (NEW)
52. Shulk
53. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) (NEW)
54. Wii Fit Trainer (Unless a Switch Fit game comes out, which is possible and probable, then Switch Fit Trainer)
55. Little Mac
56. Olimar (Pikmin 4 New Protagonist alts)
57. Mii Fighters
- Mii Swordfighter
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Mage (NEW)
58. Inkling (Splatoon) (NEW)
59. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) (NEW)
60. Tibby (or other Rhythm Heaven rep) (NEW)
61. Spring Man (Ribbon Girl alts) (ARMS) (NEW)
62. Sonic
63. Mega Man
64. Ryu
65. Cloud
66. Bayonetta
67. Pac-Man
68. Hero (Dragon Quest) (NEW)
69. Potential New Nintendo or 3rd Party IP
70. RANDOM SELECTION ICON.

7 DLC characters (Just as with Wii U & 3DS, and in no particular order)
1. Dr. Mario (Melee Vet/ Wii U & 3DS Vet)
2. Wolf ( Brawl Vet)
3. Lucina (Wii U & 3DS Vet) (Luigi-fied)
4. New Pokémon (Pokémon Switch/ Gen VIII) (NEW)
5. Ridley (NEW)
6. Nintendo or 3rd Party (NEW)
7. Nintendo or 3rd Party (NEW)

As you can see, I have left room for future releases and interpretations. I think 77 is a good number of fighters. 78 on the CSS with the random icon. 22 Newcomers. 1 overall cut in the form of Dark Pit. Feel free to ask me why I chose the characters I did. Why I left certain popular choices out. Anything. Most importantly just let me know what you think of my roster. It's a little sloppy, I apologize. I just wanted to keep spots open for future releases. Thank you.

P.S. On a personal note, I'd love to see Cooking Mama, but I know it'll never happen. :p

P.P.S. Had to make some edits after it was pointed out to me that I missed so important characters. The numbering is now off, but there are still 77 Characters (78 with Random Icon) Wario and Link share “9.” I’m on mobile right now and it’d take too long to fix it atm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see. Do you have any suggestions about how to make the roster look more organized?

Daisy: I can see why. Guess I'll remove her too.
Ribbon Girl: Admittedly I haven't played ARMS yet so I didn't know that bit.
Shadow Mewtwo: It's basically Mewtwo though. Can't it do whatever regular Mewtwo can? (Never touched my copy of Pokken so I don't know)
Chrom: That, I disagree with. He and Lucina share the same class and get simillar skills. Chrom's Sm4sh trophy also shares the same pose as Lucina's official Sm4sh render and their personalities are pretty simillar.
Eliwood: Haven't played FE7 yet, so I can't comment on that. All I know is that Eliwood is Roy's father.
Swamp already covered GK and Chrom, so I'll cover the rest.

All of the ARMS characters play differently. So for Ribbon Girl to have the same exact style as Spring Man, including the same set of ARMS isn't properly representing her.

Eliwood doesn't have a fire sword. Simply put.

Shadow Mewtwo doesn't play at all like regular Mewtwo in Pokken. It also has the exclusive ability to wield energy blades of blue and orange variety, fueled by the Shadow Synergy Stone lodged in its chest.
Also, in contrast to Smash's Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo has the X Mega.

Which is also its default fighting form in the story (for balance as a playable fighter, it's regular Shadow Mewtwo with the lowest HP in the game and many of its attacks damage itself),

D

Deleted member

Swamp already covered GK and Chrom, so I'll cover the rest.

All of the ARMS characters play differently. So for Ribbon Girl to have the same exact style as Spring Man, including the same set of ARMS isn't properly representing her.

Eliwood doesn't have a fire sword. Simply put.

Shadow Mewtwo doesn't play at all like regular Mewtwo in Pokken. It also has the exclusive ability to wield energy blades of blue and orange variety, fueled by the Shadow Synergy Stone lodged in its chest.
Also, in contrast to Smash's Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo has the X Mega.

Which is also its default fighting form in the story (for balance as a playable fighter, it's regular Shadow Mewtwo with the lowest HP in the game and many of its attacks damage itself),
Oh well. So, a recap of the alts I'll remove when I get home:
-Daisy
-Ken
-Eliwood
-Shadow Mewtwo
-Ribbon Girl
-Galacta Knight

I'm keeping Chrom though. Mostly for the people who still want him.

Again, alts don't matter that much to me...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I don't have the roster maker, HOWEVER, I have formulated what I believe to be the closet thing to a realistic Smash V roster that we might get.
Bare in mind that while I thought of this roster I kept a list of 5 things on my mind:

1. This is Sakurai's game, and he will choose who he sees fit to joining the roster. Whether or not that character is wanted/demanded/well recieved by everyone is a personal problem on that own person's regards.

2. Sakurai has stated before that cuts have to happen, but that he does not enjoy making them. That being said, the cuts I made are minimal. Had the 3DS limitations not been a factor from Brawl to Wii U/3DS, we would have probably only had one cut in the form of Snake.

3. DLC is a thing that is possible now, and with it brings the potential for new challengers and veterans to join the roster.

4. Unique characters who bring new fighting style to Smash are not going anywhere. The only cases of this have been Mewtwo in Brawl due to time constraints, and Snake in Wii U/3DS due to licensing.

5. Smash is Sakurai's game. It's a party game. It's a Japan focused, but all inclusive game.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not saying these characters will be in Smash. There are characters on this list that I know nothing about, and have no desire one way or another to have added to the roster, but after hours of research have determined they have a decent chance of being included as playable.)

That being said, Here is my (Realistic) Smash V Prediction Roster. (If Smash V was announced in late 2018/early2019)

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina & Luma
6. Bowser Jr. (Koopaling alts)
7. Paper Mario (NEW)
8. Yoshi
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link
14. Pikachu
15. Jigglypuff
16. Charizard
17. Lucario
18. Greninja
19. Decidueye (NEW)
20. Kirby
21. King Dedede
22. Meta Knight
23. Donkey Kong
24. Diddy Kong
25. Dixie Kong (NEW)
26. King K. Rool (NEW)
27. Fox
28. Falco
29. Samus
30. Zero Suit Samus
31. Metroid Prime 4 Rep (NEW)
32. Pit
33. Palutena
34. Hades (NEW)
35. Marth
36. Roy
37. Ike
38. Robin
39. Corrin
40. Fire Emblem Switch Rep (NEW)
41. Mr. Game & Watch
42. Duck Hunt
43. R.O.B
44. Ice Climbers (RETURNING)
45. Takamaru (NEW)
46. Captain Falcon
47. Ness
48. Lucas
49. Villager
50. Isabelle (NEW)
51. Shulk
52. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) (NEW)
53. Wii Fit Trainer (Unless a Switch Fit game comes out, which is possible and probable, then Switch Fit Trainer)
54. Little Mac
55. Olimar (Pikmin 4 New Protagonist alts)
56. Mii Fighters
- Mii Swordfighter
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Mage (NEW)
57. Inkling (Splatoon) (NEW)
58. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) (NEW)
59. Tibby (or other Rhythm Heaven rep) (NEW)
60. Spring Man (Ribbon Girl alts) (ARMS) (NEW)
61. Sonic
62. Mega Man
63. Ryu
64. Cloud
65. Bayonetta
66. Pac-Man
67. Hero (Dragon Quest) (NEW)
68. Potential New Nintendo IP
69. Potential New Nintendo IP
70. Potential New Nintendo (or) 3rd Party IP
71. RANDOM SELECTION ICON.

7 DLC characters (Just as with Wii U & 3DS, and in no particular order)
1. Dr. Mario (Melee Vet/ Wii U & 3DS Vet)
2. Wolf ( Brawl Vet)
3. Lucina (Wii U & 3DS Vet) (Luigi-fied)
4. New Pokémon (Pokémon Switch/ Gen VIII) (NEW)
5. Ridley (NEW)
6. Nintendo or 3rd Party (NEW)
7. Nintendo or 3rd Party (NEW)

As you can see, I have left room for future releases and interpretations. I think 77 is a good number of fighters. 78 on the CSS with the random icon. 22 Newcomers. 1 overall cut in the form of Dark Pit. Feel free to ask me why I chose the characters I did. Why I left certain popular choices out. Anything. Most importantly just let me know what you think of my roster. It's a little sloppy, I apologize. I just wanted to keep spots open for future releases. Thank you.

P.S. On a personal note, I'd love to see Cooking Mama, but I know it'll never happen. :p
Thoughts on Mewtwo? Unless I missed him, I didn't see him there.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin I organized my roster. Is it better now? (it's in my main post)
It's a lot better, though there's still some placements I'd change, personally. Just a few minor things, though, so no need to change on my account.

Still disagreeing on Chrom as an alt considering he and Lucina aren't the same build and because Chrom is already part of Robin's Final Smash.
As for the Belmonts, it's a case by case basis. -shrug-
Trevor (who doesn't have an available icon) would be fine for example, but each Belmont would need to be evaluated, and I'm not versed in Castlevania.

D

Deleted member

Still disagreeing on Chrom as an alt considering he and Lucina aren't the same build and because Chrom is already part of Robin's Final Smash.
I totally forgot to mention that Lucina gets Robin's old Final Smash (They switch roles when Chrom is selected). Robin's Final Smash is changed, probably to Ignis or something.
And I feel that Chrom and Lucina not being the same build isn't much of an issue, considering she's shorter than Marth but was meant to be an alt for him. Chrom/Lucina's heights can be adjusted.

Sorry for the double post, but it doesn't seem like anyone is going to post here in the next few hours. Plus it's been almost 24 hours since my last post. Anyway....

Updated my roster yet again, w/ a new format.

Smesh Roster.png

Green border = Alternate costume
Purple border = Free DLC
Fire Emblem Black Knight is a placeholder for Black Knight from Shovel Knight, who is an alt for Shovel Knight.
78 characters on the base roster, with 3 cuts, 3 veterans returning from Brawl, and 20 newcomers.

Kamek didn't have room here, so I had to cut him. I wasn't sure whether to cut him or Dixie, and ultimately decided to keep her, because she has demand, importance, and "muh female rep" going for her, whereas Kamek was merely added because I wanted to add all of the antagonists of the original 8 starting series (Mario vs Bowser, DK vs K. Rool, Link vs Ganondorf, Samus vs Ridley, Kirby vs Dedede (He's more of a supporting character nowadays but I digress), Fox vs Wolf, and Pikachu vs Mewtwo (It's implied that Mewtwo in Smash is based on his movie version)), and would otherwise look very random. Also, I had a lot of Mario on my roster, and Kamek was not helping matters.
Geno was removed for Dr. Mario. He was filler anyway, and like Kamek, too much Mario.
Tetra was removed to make room for Dark Pit.
Impa was merely a Sheik replacement because if she and Tetra were to coexist, I'd have 3 Zeldas on my roster, but since I removed Tetra, Impa had no reason to be there over Sheik.
Slippy was admittedly somewhat of a random choice on my part, and he didn't have room, so I cut him. Still, he'd totally be my choice for a Star Fox newcomer.
Finally, I replaced Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, because "muh female representation".
The base roster has slightly less characters than last time, because I started looking at the bigger picture, as if so many characters were added to the game at once, there'd be little to no time to work on content that isn't just characters. Yes, it's still a big roster, but it's not too absurd, especially if the game re-uses assets from Sm4sh. You might be saying, "but it's just a dream roster so you can add whatever you want!", which may be true, but my ideal Smash game (Which this roster is part of) has much more content than just characters. 20 newcomers is more than enough.
Additionally, I brought back the characters I previously cut (Minus Miis who are free DLC), because despite how I feel about them, I wouldn't want to upset their fans. Plus I didn't really have much of a reason to cut them at the first place (Minus Sheik, who is ironically my only reluctant cut).
And while I'm several pages late, here's a roster with 100 characters (100 slots):
100 Smesh Roster.png

I added a lot of characters that are notable within the Smash community and their own franchise, without adding anything too outrageous (Aside from Chandelure who is my personal choice anyway, and potentially Slippy). I also added most of the characters that were in my previous rosters ITT (Barring Chorus Kids and Spring Man who were mostly placeholders for a "rep" in their series, Chibi-Robo who completely dropped out of my favour, Tetra who's a third Zelda, and others I might have forgot)
DIdn't bother organizing it properly though.

Feedback on both rosters will be appriciated.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I was literally just about to post too :urg:
35. Hades
Pretty solid roster, nothing too out there but it gets the job done. Might I ask why Hades though? I know he was the Big Bad of Uprising, but I feel he lacks the longevity of Medusa and Viridi.
Sorry for the double post, but it doesn't seem like anyone is going to post here in the next few hours. Plus it's been almost 24 hours since my last post. Anyway....

Updated my roster yet again, w/ a new format.

View attachment 133917
Green border = Alternate costume
Purple border = Free DLC
Fire Emblem Black Knight is a placeholder for Black Knight from Shovel Knight, who is an alt for Shovel Knight.
78 characters on the base roster, with 3 cuts, 3 veterans returning from Brawl, and 20 newcomers.

Kamek didn't have room here, so I had to cut him. I wasn't sure whether to cut him or Dixie, and ultimately decided to keep her, because she has demand, importance, and "muh female rep" going for her, whereas Kamek was merely added because I wanted to add all of the antagonists of the original 8 starting series (Mario vs Bowser, DK vs K. Rool, Link vs Ganondorf, Samus vs Ridley, Kirby vs Dedede (He's more of a supporting character nowadays but I digress), Fox vs Wolf, and Pikachu vs Mewtwo (It's implied that Mewtwo in Smash is based on his movie version)), and would otherwise look very random. Also, I had a lot of Mario on my roster, and Kamek was not helping matters.
Geno was removed for Dr. Mario. He was filler anyway, and like Kamek, too much Mario.
Tetra was removed to make room for Dark Pit.
Impa was merely a Sheik replacement because if she and Tetra were to coexist, I'd have 3 Zeldas on my roster, but since I removed Tetra, Impa had no reason to be there over Sheik.
Slippy was admittedly somewhat of a random choice on my part, and he didn't have room, so I cut him. Still, he'd totally be my choice for a Star Fox newcomer.
Finally, I replaced Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, because "muh female representation".
The base roster has slightly less characters than last time, because I started looking at the bigger picture, as if so many characters were added to the game at once, there'd be little to no time to work on content that isn't just characters. Yes, it's still a big roster, but it's not too absurd, especially if the game re-uses assets from Sm4sh. You might be saying, "but it's just a dream roster so you can add whatever you want!", which may be true, but my ideal Smash game (Which this roster is part of) has much more content than just characters. 20 newcomers is more than enough.
Additionally, I brought back the characters I previously cut (Minus Miis who are free DLC), because despite how I feel about them, I wouldn't want to upset their fans. Plus I didn't really have much of a reason to cut them at the first place (Minus Sheik, who is ironically my only reluctant cut).
And while I'm several pages late, here's a roster with 100 characters (100 slots):
View attachment 133918
I added a lot of characters that are notable within the Smash community and their own franchise, without adding anything too outrageous (Aside from Chandelure who is my personal choice anyway, and potentially Slippy). I also added most of the characters that were in my previous rosters ITT (Barring Chorus Kids and Spring Man who were mostly placeholders for a "rep" in their series, Chibi-Robo who completely dropped out of my favour, Tetra who's a third Zelda, and others I might have forgot)
DIdn't bother organizing it properly though.

Feedback on both rosters will be appriciated.
I'm surprised you added Ashley onto the expanded 100 roster but not on the prediction roster.
I am always here for Ribbon Girl replacing Spring Man on these rosters. Her along with like 5 other ARMS fighters bring a little more to Smash than Spring including added popularity.
Again, solid roster. I'd take it as Smash Switch.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
Question, does out rosters have to predict something on the Switch? Or can it be based on an installment on another console, like on a mobile device?

D

Deleted member

Whoops.

I'm surprised you added Ashley onto the expanded 100 roster but not on the prediction roster.
I am always here for Ribbon Girl replacing Spring Man on these rosters. Her along with like 5 other ARMS fighters bring a little more to Smash than Spring including added popularity.
It's not a prediction though, it's an ideal roster. I admittedly added Ashley for filler (with a second Yoshi character and so many open slots I can't justify Wario having only one character) and because she seemed popular, but I'm not too interested at her myself.
Glad to hear that you like my roster.
Question, does out rosters have to predict something on the Switch? Or can it be based on an installment on another console, like on a mobile device?
It says Smash 5, not specifically Smash Switch, so I think it can be anything.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

Pretty solid roster, nothing too out there but it gets the job done. Might I ask why Hades though? I know he was the Big Bad of Uprising, but I feel he lacks the longevity of Medusa and Viridi.

I know a lot of people want Medusa or Hades, and vice versa, but I chose Hades for a few reasons.

He’s the true main antagonist. Medusa may have been in more games, but I think his moveset potential is greater than Medusa’s. I’m also afraid Medusa would just become a sort of “Dark Palutena”, and I don’t think that’d really make anyone happy. I like Medusa, but when it came to choosing who deserves it more, in my eyes, it’s Hades. I think Hades will return in any potential future installments of the series.

On a personal note, I like his banter, and his sass.

*Post Edit Side-Note!* I know adding Medusa would add a villain and female representation, but I still choose Hades for the simple fact that I think he’d be more unique in his moveset, and his presence would still constitute a villain being playable.

Last edited:

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet

This is something I heard a bit about around the speculation threads, and it was about the possibility of a mobile Smash game.

This is sort of a dream/a little prediction of what a mobile Smash game roster could look like.

I hope it's not too big.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This is something I heard a bit about around the speculation threads, and it was about the possibility of a mobile Smash game.

This is sort of a dream/a little prediction of what a mobile Smash game roster could look like.

I hope it's not too big.
I can get leaving Rosalina out of a mobile spin off for potential technical issues and some of the third parties for budget issues for a mobile title, but why did you cut Bowser Jr. and King Dedede? They shouldn't pose issues.

D

Deleted member

I can't like a roster that has Braixen in it. Reminds me too much of the abomination it evolves into.

DarkFish

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post

My early Smash 5 roster. Will elaborate on the choices that I made here later but if you guys have any questions about this roster feel free to ask me.
In the space "Mario" you should add Paper Mario

And Wolf was cut because was a clone of Fox
But is a great roaster ;)

D

Deleted member

In the space "Mario" you should add Paper Mario
1. The post you're replying to is over a year old.
2. Ura doesn't have to do what you tell them to do.
And Wolf was cut because was a clone of Fox
But is a great roaster ;)
This is false.
Also don't double post, you can get an infraction for that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
1. The post you're replying to is over a year old.
2. Ura doesn't have to do what you tell them to do.
I don't know why people keep quoting that post.

That was way back when before we even knew what the Switch was. Back when we still though the Switch (NX at the time) would be released in Holiday 2016 so I made my prediction based off that I think.

D

Deleted member

Hades is a bro. If I were to choose a KI newcomer, it'd totally be either him or Viridi.

I don't know why people keep quoting that post.

That was way back when before we even knew what the Switch was. Back when we still though the Switch (NX at the time) would be released in Holiday 2016 so I made my prediction based off that I think.
Methinks is because it's the first roster posted in the thread.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Hades is a bro. If I were to choose a KI newcomer, it'd totally be either him or Viridi.

Methinks is because it's the first roster posted in the thread.
Right? Hades would be an amazing addition to the roster. Unique. Villain.

I’d love a “Hades Misguidance” mechanic where he just trash talks his opponents before fighting them.

D

Deleted member

I’d love a “Hades Misguidance” mechanic where he just trash talks his opponents before fighting them.
I'd be all over that. I really wish he was included in at least one Palutena's guidance conversation, but your idea sounds great. I can imagine he would mock Lucas for his tragic backstory, for one.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I'd be all over that. I really wish he was included in at least one Palutena's guidance conversation, but your idea sounds great. I can imagine he would mock Lucas for his tragic backstory, for one.
That’d be so incredible. Call Pit “Pitty Pat”, and make fun of Game & Watch for being a “two-dimensional” character. Get it? Because he’s flat. :joyful:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom