• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
  1. Mario
  2. Bowser
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Link
  6. Ganondorf
  7. Samus
  8. Dark Samus
  9. Kirby
  10. King Dedede
  11. Fox
  12. Wolf
  13. Charizard
  14. Blastoise
  15. Captain Falcon
  16. Black Shadow
  17. Ninten
  18. Giygas
  19. Marth
  20. Medeus
  21. Pit
  22. Medusa
  23. Luigi
  24. King Boo
  25. Diddy Kong
  26. Klubba
  27. Zelda
  28. Agahnim
  29. Chozo Warrior
  30. Sylux
  31. Meta Knight
  32. Dark Matter
  33. Falco
  34. Andross (original form)
  35. Pikachu
  36. Mewtwo
  37. Jody Summer
  38. Samurai Goroh
  39. Ness
  40. Pokey
  41. Lucina
  42. Grima
  43. Lady Palutena
  44. Hades
Meta Knight and DeDeDe aren't villains, so you might wanna add Magolor or/and Galacta Knight to balance the Kirby series properly.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Meta Knight and DeDeDe aren't villains, so you might wanna add Magolor or/and Galacta Knight to balance the Kirby series properly.
King Dedede is an antagonist, he's just helped Kirby in certain situations, which I feel was out of making sure no one stole his turf. I have no intent on seeing Meta Knight as an antagonist in the roster I made. The two villains I have there are King Dedede and Dark Matter. Nowadays, I see Meta Knight like Goku. "Gotta get stronger! Gotta be the best!"

By the way, I decided I'd add 6 more characters to my roster to make a total of 50 characters. The last 6 would be non-Nintendo female video game characters.

1. Capcom: Chun Li
  2. Capcom: Roll
  3. Konami: Crying Wolf
  4. Konami: Sonia Belmont
  5. Sega: Bayonetta
  6. Vanillaware: Gwendolyn

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
King Dedede is an antagonist, he's just helped Kirby in certain situations, which I feel was out of making sure no one stole his turf. I have no intent on seeing Meta Knight as an antagonist in the roster I made. The two villains I have there are King Dedede and Dark Matter. Nowadays, I see Meta Knight like Goku. "Gotta get stronger! Gotta be the best!"

By the way, I decided I'd add 6 more characters to my roster to make a total of 50 characters. The last 6 would be non-Nintendo female video game characters.

1. Capcom: Chun Li
  2. Capcom: Roll
  3. Konami: Crying Wolf
  4. Konami: Sonia Belmont
  5. Sega: Bayonetta
  6. Vanillaware: Gwendolyn
He's done like, two things wrong and in all of the other appearances he's more of an anti-hero to straight up helper (or he's posessed)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
He's done like, two things wrong and in all of the other appearances he's more of an anti-hero to straight up helper (or he's posessed)
More than two games, actually. And King Dedede is to Kirby as Bowser is to Mario. He's helped Mario in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh, why not.

Cuts:

None. I don't like cuts. I'm also going off the Smash NX port rumor here so I'll assume the DLC characters from 4 (Mewtwo through Bayonetta) are pre included.

Newcomers:
Elma: I loved Xenoblade X, and there's from what I hear potential for a sequel (mind you I'm just one chapter away from beating it) and I think her moveset of alternating between dual blades + dual guns has potential. (Also, Skell Final Smash and an X stage with music from the game or riot)

Mecha-Fiora: Saw someone earlier say, "I know nothing about Xenoblade but I see people talking about Elma and Mecha-Fiora, and I don't wanna pick just one." To which I say: why not both? She'd be a dedicated dual sword wielder (Pit and DP technically wield daggers), stuff can be done with her drones as well, and it's clear Sakurai doesn't give a hoot about spoilers. Heck, she was in Project X Zone 2 as well alongside Chrom and Lucina (I actually tend to have a theory that the ballot miiiiiight have influenced Fiora and Chrom getting there. But that's just a theory. please don't say "A GAME THEORY!")

Bandana Dee - more Kirby lovin' is always great. Also, spears. (I'm getting kinda tired so don't be surprised if post quality decreases from here on out)

Isaac - not much to say here really except I think he'd be cool

Will update newcomers later with other considerations but these are my top 4 for newcomers

Vets:

Ice Climbers - since I'm again going off the Smash Wii U Ultimate Edition theory and since there's no handheld port there won't be any issues implementing them now, hopefully

Wolf - self explanatory.

Snake - I know Konami's been shooting themselves in the foot endlessly as of late, but if they can get their act together for a little while and allow Snake back, it would be great. Maybe that could be a better way of gaining consumer trust again after what they've been doing

Other:
Dark Pit and Lucina are modified to be less clone-y. Take that however you want.

New Mii Costumes: KOS-MOS and Barret for Gunner; Tifa, Ken, and Chun-Li for Brawler; Terra, Sephiroth, Jecht, Raiden (from MGR bonus Sombrero Raiden), and Dante From The Devil May Cry Series™ for Swordfighter

there's probably more, I'll edit later if I remember as I am bloody tired

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Eh, why not.

Cuts:

None. I don't like cuts. I'm also going off the Smash NX port rumor here so I'll assume the DLC characters from 4 (Mewtwo through Bayonetta) are pre included.

Newcomers:
Elma: I loved Xenoblade X, and there's from what I hear potential for a sequel (mind you I'm just one chapter away from beating it) and I think her moveset of alternating between dual blades + dual guns has potential. (Also, Skell Final Smash and an X stage with music from the game or riot)

Mecha-Fiora: Saw someone earlier say, "I know nothing about Xenoblade but I see people talking about Elma and Mecha-Fiora, and I don't wanna pick just one." To which I say: why not both? She'd be a dedicated dual sword wielder (Pit and DP technically wield daggers), stuff can be done with her drones as well, and it's clear Sakurai doesn't give a hoot about spoilers. Heck, she was in Project X Zone 2 as well alongside Chrom and Lucina (I actually tend to have a theory that the ballot miiiiiight have influenced Fiora and Chrom getting there. But that's just a theory. please don't say "A GAME THEORY!")

Bandana Dee - more Kirby lovin' is always great. Also, spears. (I'm getting kinda tired so don't be surprised if post quality decreases from here on out)

Isaac - not much to say here really except I think he'd be cool

Will update newcomers later with other considerations but these are my top 4 for newcomers

Vets:

Ice Climbers - since I'm again going off the Smash Wii U Ultimate Edition theory and since there's no handheld port there won't be any issues implementing them now, hopefully

Wolf - self explanatory.

Snake - I know Konami's been shooting themselves in the foot endlessly as of late, but if they can get their act together for a little while and allow Snake back, it would be great. Maybe that could be a better way of gaining consumer trust again after what they've been doing

Other:
Dark Pit and Lucina are modified to be less clone-y. Take that however you want.

New Mii Costumes: KOS-MOS and Barret for Gunner; Tifa, Ken, and Chun-Li for Brawler; Terra, Sephiroth, Jecht, Raiden (from MGR bonus Sombrero Raiden), and Dante From The Devil May Cry Series™ for Swordfighter

there's probably more, I'll edit later if I remember as I am bloody tired
Game Theory.

It's alright, you can shout at me if you want. :laugh:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
(EDIT: Pic isn't loading properly so i'll post the link to the pic for anyone that can't view it here)
http://s9.postimg.org/gbgi5973z/5mash.png

What do you guys think of this lineup as a realistic roster for Smash 5?

Will post details and specifics about the roster later.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
(EDIT: Pic isn't loading properly so i'll post the link to the pic for anyone that can't view it here)
http://s9.postimg.org/gbgi5973z/5mash.png

What do you guys think of this lineup as a realistic roster for Smash 5?

Will post details and specifics about the roster later.
Alright, here it goes...

Cuts:

:4cloud:: I feel that Cloud has the potential to be Smash 4's Snake in a sense that he won't make it to the next game like how Snake did. I think this mainly because Square Enix has been proven to be really hard to work with for a game like this so i'm thinking negotiation might not work for getting their characters in the base game which will lead to Cloud's exclusion.

:4corrin:: Personal feelings aside FE is very overrepresented as it is currently with even Sakurai making a comment to a similar effect and it's almost a guarantee that the next Smash Bros game will feature a new FE character. People will be quick to point to Roy getting the axe but he's already been cut and he would take less work to make than Corrin not to mention Robin represents a game that saved the franchise so the best solution is to axe Corrin and get the new FE protag in the game.

:4lucina:: Likewise with my above point the series is very overrepresented so I think it would be for the best that she becomes a Marth alt in favor for new clones which I will mention below.

:4darkpit:: He's the worst clone in the game with pretty much squat differences from his originator so he needs the axe.

:4greninja:: Mewtwo has been cut already and he's a staple of the Pokemon series. Cutting him again would be absurd as would Lucario who's a staple as well. Likewise with FE Pokemon is going to have to make room for a new character from a later gen and Greninja should get the cut.

:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:: All get removed in favor of one, customizable Mii.

Newcomers:

King K. Rool: He's a fan favorite character and one of the most popular choices for a newcomer, having huge fanbases in both the West and Japan. Would be surprised if he didn't make it in next time round with all his fan support. If he's going to appear in DKCR3 then he's pretty much 99.9% confirmed to make it in the next game. Contrary to what people might think he's not a generic heavyweight and can have a unique moveset using his Crown, Cannon, and all the other stuff from the DK games.

Bandanna Dee: Likewise Bandanna Dee is a fan favorite and even more so in Japan where having fan support there is crucial. Additionally he's featured prominently in his games like the other 3 Kirby characters meaning BD has very good chances for the next Smash game. Would have a fun spear based moveset in addition to other things like his parsol which would be a first in Smash Bros.

8th Gen PKMN: I figured it's most likely going to be 8th gen but it could always be like Gen 9 or even Gen 7 is this Gen turns out to be ridiculously long. Can't say much here but i'm hoping this PKMN will be a type that hasn't been done in Smash Bros like a Ghost type PKMN.

FE15/16 Protagonist: Like the above I can't say much other than it's almost a guarantee a new FE character will be in the next Smash Bros. Would like this character to be an Axe user personally because Bandanna Dee is on that roster and he's a Spear based fighter which is close to a Lance user.

Isabelle: Will most likely be in because Animal Crossing is always red hot so another character is almost a given.

Future Nintendo IP: Not much to say here other than there's likely going to be a newcomer from a new series between now and Smash 5.

Isaac: This one i'm a bit iffy on because Golden Sun's future is in doubt though if a 4th entry happens I can see this being Isaac's gateway in to Smash Bros. He's likely to have done very well in the Ballot at least in North America and Europe not to mention his moveset potential is near endless with the amount of Psynergy, Dijins, and Summons he can use.

Andy: Wars is arguably the 2nd biggest Nintendo series that hasn't been represented in Smash Bros yet (behind Splatoon) and Andy, being the face of that series is the best choice to represent the series at large (not just Advance Wars, Wars as a whole). Intelligent System have made the comment about always thinking about the series meaning there's bound to be a new entry sometime in the next 2-3 years which would align with a new Smash Bros game. Andy has the moveset potential down with all the units he can summon and use from Wars in addition to unique Wrench-based attacks and healing capabilities.

Inkling: Pretty much 100% guaranteed to be in the game with the massive success Splatoon had. Can have a fun, Ink based moveset I guess.

Marshal: Chances are Rhythm Heaven almost had a character in the game so I feel that a character from that series like Marshall has a good chance for the next game given RH is still going on and a character from that series can have a unique Rhythm based moveset.

Takamaru: Feel like he's the most likely character for a retro character. Moveset could be fun with using his Shurikens in addition to his sword and stuff.

Alph: Would be great to have as a clone character because even though his moves would be almost the same as Olimar his Rock Pikmin will make his playstyle a lot different then Olimar's.

Donkey Kong Jr.: Sakurai loves his retro reps so I can't think of a better clone choice than DK. Jr. His playstyle would be a faster yet weaker DK moveset. Not only that but his inclusion would mean an additional DK character which the series deserves.

Lloyd: Feel like it's either him or Heihachi but I lean towards him more so because he seems to be more demanded. Tales is a pretty big series and Lloyd can bring a fun two-handed swordsmen moveset to the game like he does in SSF2.

Bomberman: Like the above I feel Bomberman is competing with Rayman for this spot so it's either one of the two though I feel more confident in the former due to being more well known in Japan. Moveset would be fun as it's never been seen before in Smash Bros (like it is in SSF2).

Mii: Instead of having 3 different Mii classes the Mii Fighters get revamped in to one customizable Mii where you can change the way he/she plays based on many different kinds of movesets.

Returning Cut Veterans:

:popo:: They were only cut due to 3DS limitations. Them returning is pretty much certain.

:wolf:: Wolf has to be high up on the Ballot with all the fan outcry for his omission from both the base game and DLC. Would be shocked if he doesn't make it for Smash 5.

Total Roster Count

Mario: 7
Donkey Kong: 4
Legend of Zelda: 5
Metroid: 2
Yoshi: 1
Kirby: 4
Star Fox: 3
Pokemon: 6
F-Zero: 1
Earthbound: 1
Fire Emblem: 5
Kid Icarus: 2
Wario: 1
Pikmin: 2
Animal Crossing: 2
Wii Fit: 1
Future Nintendo IP: 1
Punch-Out!: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Golden Sun: 1
Wars: 1
Splatoon: 1
Rhythm Heaven: 1
Ice Climber: 1
Game & Watch: 1
R.O.B.: 1
Duck Hunt: 1
Mysterious Murasame Castle: 1
Pac-Man: 1
Megaman: 1
Sonic: 1
Street Fighter: 1
Bayonetta: 1
Tales: 1
Bomberman: 1
Mii: 1

Cuts: 8
Newcomers: 15
Returning Cut Veterans: 2
Total Roster: 68

I should let you guys know that this roster is for a full fledged Smash 5 and not a Smash 4 port hence the cuts.

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Alright, here it goes...

Cuts:

:4cloud:: I feel that Cloud has the potential to be Smash 4's Snake in a sense that he won't make it to the next game like how Snake did. I think this mainly because Square Enix has been proven to be really hard to work with for a game like this so i'm thinking negotiation might not work for getting their characters in the base game which will lead to Cloud's exclusion.

:4corrin:: Personal feelings aside FE is very overrepresented as it is currently with even Sakurai making a comment to a similar effect and it's almost a guarantee that the next Smash Bros game will feature a new FE character. People will be quick to point to Roy getting the axe but he's already been cut and he would take less work to make than Corrin not to mention Robin represents a game that saved the franchise so the best solution is to axe Corrin and get the new FE protag in the game.

:4lucina:: Likewise with my above point the series is very overrepresented so I think it would be for the best that she becomes a Marth alt in favor for new clones which I will mention below.

:4darkpit:: He's the worst clone in the game with pretty much squat differences from his originator so he needs the axe.

:4greninja:: Mewtwo has been cut already and he's a staple of the Pokemon series. Cutting him again would be absurd as would Lucario who's a staple as well. Likewise with FE Pokemon is going to have to make room for a new character from a later gen and Greninja should get the cut.

:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:: All get removed in favor of one, customizable Mii.

Newcomers:

King K. Rool: He's a fan favorite character and one of the most popular choices for a newcomer, having huge fanbases in both the West and Japan. Would be surprised if he didn't make it in next time round with all his fan support. If he's going to appear in DKCR3 then he's pretty much 99.9% confirmed to make it in the next game. Contrary to what people might think he's not a generic heavyweight and can have a unique moveset using his Crown, Cannon, and all the other stuff from the DK games.

Bandanna Dee: Likewise Bandanna Dee is a fan favorite and even more so in Japan where having fan support there is crucial. Additionally he's featured prominently in his games like the other 3 Kirby characters meaning BD has very good chances for the next Smash game. Would have a fun spear based moveset in addition to other things like his parsol which would be a first in Smash Bros.

8th Gen PKMN: I figured it's most likely going to be 8th gen but it could always be like Gen 9 or even Gen 7 is this Gen turns out to be ridiculously long. Can't say much here but i'm hoping this PKMN will be a type that hasn't been done in Smash Bros like a Ghost type PKMN.

FE15/16 Protagonist: Like the above I can't say much other than it's almost a guarantee a new FE character will be in the next Smash Bros. Would like this character to be an Axe user personally because Bandanna Dee is on that roster and he's a Spear based fighter which is close to a Lance user.

Isabelle: Will most likely be in because Animal Crossing is always red hot so another character is almost a given.

Isaac: This one i'm a bit iffy on because Golden Sun's future is in doubt though if a 4th entry happens I can see this being Isaac's gateway in to Smash Bros. He's likely to have done very well in the Ballot at least in North America and Europe not to mention his moveset potential is near endless with the amount of Psynergy, Dijins, and Summons he can use.

Andy: Wars is arguably the 2nd biggest Nintendo series that hasn't been represented in Smash Bros yet (behind Splatoon) and Andy, being the face of that series is the best choice to represent the series at large (not just Advance Wars, Wars as a whole). Intelligent System have made the comment about always thinking about the series meaning there's bound to be a new entry sometime in the next 2-3 years which would align with a new Smash Bros game. Andy has the moveset potential down with all the units he can summon and use from Wars in addition to unique Wrench-based attacks and healing capabilities.

Inkling: Pretty much 100% guaranteed to be in the game with the massive success Splatoon had. Can have a fun, Ink based moveset I guess.

Marshal: Chances are Rhythm Heaven almost had a character in the game so I feel that a character from that series like Marshall has a good chance for the next game given RH is still going on and a character from that series can have a unique Rhythm based moveset.

Lark (Will add to the roster picture soon): Pilotwings is a series that has great historical significance to Nintendo and Lark would be the best representative for this series. His moveset can revolve around being an inverse Little Mac where he excels at air yet flounders on the ground.

Takamaru: Feel like he's the most likely character for a retro character. Moveset could be fun with using his Shurikens in addition to his sword and stuff.

Alph: Would be great to have as a clone character because even though his moves would be almost the same as Olimar his Rock Pikmin will make his playstyle a lot different then Olimar's.

Donkey Kong Jr.: Sakurai loves his retro reps so I can't think of a better clone choice than DK. Jr. His playstyle would be a faster yet weaker DK moveset. Not only that but his inclusion would mean an additional DK character which the series deserves.

Lloyd: Feel like it's either him or Heihachi but I lean towards him more so because he seems to be more demanded. Tales is a pretty big series and Lloyd can bring a fun two-handed swordsmen moveset to the game like he does in SSF2.

Bomberman: Like the above I feel Bomberman is competing with Rayman for this spot so it's either one of the two though I feel more confident in the former due to being more well known in Japan. Moveset would be fun as it's never been seen before in Smash Bros (like it is in SSF2).

Mii: Instead of having 3 different Mii classes the Mii Fighters get revamped in to one customizable Mii where you can change the way he/she plays based on many different kinds of movesets.

Returning Cut Veterans:

:popo:: They were only cut due to 3DS limitations. Them returning is pretty much certain.

:wolf:: Wolf has to be high up on the Ballot with all the fan outcry for his omission from both the base game and DLC. Would be shocked if he doesn't make it for Smash 5.

Total Roster Count

Mario: 7
Donkey Kong: 4
Legend of Zelda: 5
Metroid: 2
Yoshi: 1
Kirby: 4
Star Fox: 3
F-Zero: 1
Earthbound: 1
Fire Emblem: 5
Kid Icarus: 2
Wario: 1
Pikmin: 2
Animal Crossing: 2
Wii Fit: 1
Punch-Out!: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Golden Sun: 1
Wars: 1
Splatoon: 1
Rhythm Heaven: 1
Pilotwings: 1
Ice Climber: 1
Game & Watch: 1
R.O.B.: 1
Duck Hunt: 1
Mysterious Murasame Castle: 1
Pac-Man: 1
Megaman: 1
Sonic: 1
Street Fighter: 1
Bayonetta: 1
Tales: 1
Bomberman: 1
Mii: 1

Cuts: 8
Newcomers: 15
Returning Cut Veterans: 2
Total Roster: 68

I should let you guys know that this roster is for a full fledged Smash 5 and not a Smash 4 port hence the cuts.
who would you think get the buffs?

who would you think get the nerfs?

who do you think should be starters?

who do you think should be unlockables?

i know that this is your roster regardless but i wonder why you didn't add these characters below?:
A Future Nintendo IP Character
Captain Toad or Regular Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Wonder Red
Elma
Pichu
Linkle
Black Shadow
Daisy
Dark Samus
Sukapon

based on your roster

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
After wasting too much time in trying to make a roster I think I just can't because, first, I can't tell where ends my fanboysm and where start the sense, second: by looking at the past episode the only conclusion I made it will be totally unpredictable on some edges. I mean: So far, if they include Sonic, they could include even Hello Kitty, since she has been gone along the blue hedgehog this lately, even in Super Mario Maker. You don't have to belive my words just goggle for "Sonic X Hello Kitty", and don't forget to activate the adult filters, yiff you know what I mean.
Several rules have been broken by third party characters in the current episode, it's only a matter of time and money before even the "only videogame characters" rule will be shattered.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
After wasting too much time in trying to make a roster I think I just can't because, first, I can't tell where ends my fanboysm and where start the sense, second: by looking at the past episode the only conclusion I made it will be totally unpredictable on some edges. I mean: So far, if they include Sonic, they could include even Hello Kitty, since she has been gone along the blue hedgehog this lately, even in Super Mario Maker. You don't have to belive my words just goggle for "Sonic X Hello Kitty", and don't forget to activate the adult filters, yiff you know what I mean.
Several rules have been broken by third party characters in the current episode, it's only a matter of time and money before even the "only videogame characters" rule will be shattered.
If these rosters were supposed to replicate how the real Smash 5 roster is going to be then none of us would be allowed to make these rosters lol.

Just don't overdo it with the roster.

i know that this is your roster regardless but i wonder why you didn't add these characters below?:
A Future Nintendo IP Character
Captain Toad or Regular Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Wonder Red
Elma
Pichu
Linkle
Black Shadow
Daisy
Dark Samus
Sukapon

based on your roster
I added in a Future Nintendo IP Character in place of Lark but other than that I don't think those characters are probably making it in nor do I want most of them.

Last edited:
Here's my ideal roster:

Substitute is a placeholder for Random button.

Alts:

*insert Dry Bowser, Kaptain K. Rool and Ms. Pac-Man icons here*

Cut explanations:
Dr. Mario: Didn't want to have full clones, and didn't want to cut him entirely either, so he became an alt. Doc's specials become customs for Mario.

Dark Pit: So few differences from Pit that I'm not sure was there any point making him separate. I didn't want to give KI third unique character, either.

Roy and Lucina: Wanted to reduce the amount of FE characters, didn't want to cut the unique characters, so they had to go. Lucina is still an alt.

Bayonetta: I prefer all third-parties to be gaming icons.

I might make a realistic one later.

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Just don't overdo it with the roster
I might be overthinking though, and I can't help pondering about the surrounding: The AT, the quest mode, the event matches (for example if there will be an event with all the flat characters and another event with all the royal characters then Paper Mario, Prince Fluff and Princess Daisy becomes more obligatory), and even the other games, like... Will the characters rejected from Super Smash Bros. V eventually end in Pokken Tournament II and Mario Kart 9?
Also I can't make peace between my inner fanboy and my inner logical guy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I might be overthinking though, and I can't help pondering about the surrounding: The AT, the quest mode, the event matches (for example if there will be an event with all the flat characters and another event with all the royal characters then Paper Mario, Prince Fluff and Princess Daisy becomes more obligatory), and even the other games, like... Will the characters rejected from Super Smash Bros. V eventually end in Pokken Tournament II and Mario Kart 9?
Also I can't make peace between my inner fanboy and my inner logical guy.
I figure it's more likely that they would create the roster first, and then design the events based around what they have. Don't worry too much about that sort of thing; just go with characters that you'd like to see as opposed to feeling obligated because you'd think that they'd work well in events.

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
If these rosters were supposed to replicate how the real Smash 5 roster is going to be then none of us would be allowed to make these rosters lol.

Just don't overdo it with the roster.

I added in a Future Nintendo IP Character in place of Lark but other than that I don't think those characters are probably making it in nor do I want most of them.
how come you don't want any new Zelda characters?
and how come you didn't replace Dr. Mario with someone (like Captain Toad or Daisy) who can take his place?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and how come you didn't replace Dr. Mario with someone (like Captain Toad or Daisy) who can take his place?
Because he doesn't have to do what you tell him to do.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not that I necessarily don't want any new Zelda characters but I don't think they're going to be in the next Smash Bros game. Having someone like Tetra or Beast Ganon in would be nice. Also really hoping for YLink to return with a mix of his Melee moveset and some MM-inspired moves.

I don't see the need to replace Doc. He's justified IMO seeing as he represents Mario's old moveset from the old days.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Eeh, I have some time off so I might as well make a new roster based on what we know about BoTW, Sun and Moon and other things.

Paper Mario:
Both Color Splash and Paper Jam brought new life into the series, giving him the edge over Captain Toad imo

Geno:
Whether you like it or not, it's kinda going to happen.

Inkling:
Well duuuuh.

Isabelle:
Have you ever looked at the Badge Arcade?
It's infested with waifu doggo, she's the new representant of Animal Crossing.

BoTW character:
Monk, Old Man, Impa, you name it. One of them is gonna be in the game.

Robinhoot:
Depends if we get a Pokémon Eclipse or anything, or if we're going straight to gen 8.
Anyway, Robinhoot/hoothoot/groot/root seems like a popular pick, along with our first bird Pokémon to join the fray
King K. Rool
Kostumed King, high on the ballot.

Dixie Kong:
Same thing, could be a late semi-clone like Wolf was

Takamaru:
Actually a retro placeholder, Takamaru seems the most qualified though it might be Excitebiker as well.

Jibanyan:
I thought of leaving this space a third party general free space, but Nintendo is pushing so hard for this to be a world-wide hit, I can see them trying till Smash NX

Tech Demo:
Think of Nintendo Land, but for NX

Will edit more in later

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
It's not that I necessarily don't want any new Zelda characters but I don't think they're going to be in the next Smash Bros game. Having someone like Tetra or Beast Ganon in would be nice. Also really hoping for YLink to return with a mix of his Melee moveset and some MM-inspired moves.

I don't see the need to replace Doc. He's justified IMO seeing as he represents Mario's old moveset from the old days.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well I never put much thought in to who's getting buffed and who's getting nerfed lol. What I can do is give an estimation of where the newcomers will place based on the tier list with the movesets I envision them having.

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Well I never put much thought in to who's getting buffed and who's getting nerfed lol. What I can do is give an estimation of where the newcomers will place based on the tier list with the movesets I envision them having.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Will reply in detail to all the questions you asked tomorrow. Really busy today.

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Will reply in detail to all the questions you asked tomorrow. Really busy today.
ok
N64 - has 4
:luigi64::falcon64::ness64::jigglypuff64:
Changes:
N/A

Melee has 11
:jigglypuffmelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::luigimelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Changes:
Ness and Captain Falcon became starters.
9 new secret characters.

Brawl has 14
:ness2::marth::luigi2::falco::falcon::lucario::snake::rob::ganondorf::gw::sonic::jigglypuff::toonlink::wolf:
Changes:
Ness and Captain Falcon became unlockable again.
Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Mewtwo and Roy were removed.
6 new secret characters. (Snake and Sonic who were revealed before the 1st Party ones)

SSB4 has 12
:4ness::4falco::4wario::4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario::4rob::4ganondorf::4gaw::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff:
Changes:
Luigi, Captain Falcon, Marth, Lucario, Toon Link and Sonic became starters.
Wario became unlockable.
Wolf and Snake were removed.
Dr. Mario returned.
Mewtwo and Roy returned as DLC.
4 new secret characters. (Lucina who was revealed before the other 3)

How many Unlockable you think will be, what will the changes be and which ones should be unlockable?[/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
ok
N64 - has 4
Changes:
N/A

Melee has 11
:jigglypuffmelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::luigimelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Changes:
9 new secret characters.

Brawl has 14
:ness2::marth::luigi2::falco::falcon::lucario::snake::rob::ganondorf::gw::sonic::jigglypuff::toonlink::wolf:
Changes:
6 new secret characters. (Snake and Sonic who were revealed before the 1st Party ones)

SSB4 has 12
:4ness::4falco::4wario::4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario::4rob::4ganondorf::4gaw::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff:
Changes:
Wario became unlockable.
Dr. Mario returned.

How many Unlockable you think will be, what will the changes be and which ones should be unlockable?[/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler]
Okay, here's my answer to all your questions...

Without going in too too much detail about the pre-existing characters I would do a general buff/nerf to every character that needs it. Buff Jigglypuff and maybe nerf Sheik a bit.

As for how I envision the newcomers to place on the tier list, I have something like this in mind based on how I envision their movesets.

Bad editing job yes but this is my rough idea of how things play out. Ask me if you have any questions.
:4jigglypuff::wolf::4bayonetta::4ganondorf::4feroy::4lucas::4mewtwo::4drmario::4alph:Andy, K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, DK. Jr

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Okay, here's my answer to all your questions...

Without going in too too much detail about the pre-existing characters I would do a general buff/nerf to every character that needs it. Buff Jigglypuff and maybe nerf Sheik a bit.

As for how I envision the newcomers to place on the tier list, I have something like this in mind based on how I envision their movesets.

Bad editing job yes but this is my rough idea of how things play out. Ask me if you have any questions.

:4jigglypuff::wolf::4bayonetta::4ganondorf::4feroy::4lucas::4mewtwo::4drmario::4alph:Andy, K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, DK. Jr
it would make sense if :4falco::4gaw::4tlink::4rob::4bowserjr:and:4duckhunt:are unlockables too

:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:- They'll always be unlockable because their all Classic NES Characters he represent an important part of Nintendo History respectevley
:4falco:- Always be unlockable since his debut in Melee
:4bowserjr:- He'll be unlockable again because we need more than 1 unlockable mario character TBH
:4tlink:- Look at Bowser Jr. expect the Zelda part.

BTW here's the real current one
[/spoiler]

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I honestly don't see them adding a ton of characters, but here's my own personal roster for this hypothetical Smash 4 Switch port:
Smash NS Dream Roster.png

Here's my reasoning on what newcomers I picked;
  • King K. Rool is without a doubt one of the most vocally-demanded characters that's not been part of the games already. There's really no reason not to add him.

• Dixie Kong's not had as much of a surge in demand as K.Rool, but she would round out the DK playables fairly well and is probably the last truly notable DK character that should be playable.

• Ridley is, like K.Rool, an extremely desired newcomer, and seeing as how he's both the main antagonist of the franchise and a huge draw as a newcomer, he's the most needed Metroid character.

• Sceptile was pretty popular in the Ballot, and he completes the trinity of Fire/Grass/Water Starter Pokemon. Not to mention he would be pretty unique in the way he fights.

• ....Do I really need to explain why the Inklings are on here? :p

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash : all of those choices make sense and would be great additions. Wasn't sold on Sceptile for a while, but Pokken Tournament convinced me. You left out Cloud, though - can't see him being cut if this is a slightly updated port.

(Also, I'd like to see Snake on there, but I realize that it's a divisive issue and would partially depend on if Konami is going to do anything meaningful for the Switch and/or regain its collective sanity)

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash : all of those choices make sense and would be great additions. Wasn't sold on Sceptile for a while, but Pokken Tournament convinced me. You left out Cloud, though - can't see him being cut if this is a slightly updated port.

(Also, I'd like to see Snake on there, but I realize that it's a divisive issue and would partially depend on if Konami is going to do anything meaningful for the Switch and/or regain its collective sanity)
Doh! Knew I forgot someone.

Edited roster:
Smash NS Dream Roster.png

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ah, Smash potential on the horizon. Time to return to the boards.

Sketched out my initial thoughts on roster possibilities. There were a few characters I thought about adding, but left out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That facial expression on Waluigi is great.

The Happy Mask Salesman sticks out in my eyes - how do you figure he would work?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That facial expression on Waluigi is great.

The Happy Mask Salesman sticks out in my eyes - how do you figure he would work?
Using the transformation masks, like transforming into a Deku for a flower recovery, Zora for boomerang fins, Goron to roll around, and Fierce Deity for a final smash. I had another idea for a special involving randomly pulling out one of the other non-transformation masks for a variety of effects, like G&W's Judge.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
With no cuts (not counting the chance of clones being costumes, seeing that was the initial plan for them).
Mario Series (and Yoshi)
0-1 Newcomers: Maybe (Captain) Toad, but could get no newcomers.
Dr. Mario is either still in as clone or a costume.
Other: Waluigi will keep being Assist Trophy, and hopefully Daisy and/or King Boo will get one too.
Don't see Paper Mario happening.
If Cloud is still in Geno will still be a Mii costume, if not, no trace of him
Wario
No Newcomer, at most another Assist trophy (Jimmy T., Mona or captain syrup).
Donkey Kong
1-2 Newcomers: We might get Dixie and/or K. Rool.
Maybe a cranky assist.
Zelda
0-1 Newcomers: Impa is imo next in line for zelda, with a tiny chance for Ganon or Toon Zelda/tetra. I don't think zelda will get newcomers.
Tingle, Skull kid, Midna and Ghirahim still Assist Trophy
Linkle has no chance as anything other than alternate costume for link, but even that is unlikely
Metroid
0 Newcomers: Don't have hope for for new character here, but if anything it's either Ridley or Dark Samus
If Dark Samus wasn't good enough for playable status Sylux isn't either.
Kid Icarus
0 Newcomers: Dark pit going back to being a costume is more likely than a newcomer imo.
Fire Emblem
0 Newcomers: Don't think FE will get more characters, unsure about Lucina.
Kirby
0-1 Newcomer: Bandana Dee, but i'm really unsure.
Pokemon
1-2 Newcomer: Either Decidueye (fully evolved Rowlet) or bring back Squirtle & Ivysaur. Find the first option more likely.
This is of course unless Gen 8 is released before the next smash.
Pichu will not return
Sceptile and genesect aren't big enough.
Star fox
1 Returning: Wolf.
don't think there'll be a newcomer.
Other Veteran series: Earthbound, F-zero, Xenoblade, Pikmin, Wii Fit, Punch-out, Mii, Animal Crossing
0 Newcomers: Don't think any of these series will get new playable characters except maybe xenoblade, but i wouldn't bet on it.
F-zero is not gonna get more characters until it gets a new game, and even then another character is unlikely.
Earthbound is a small series and already has two character, it's not gonna get more. Don't bring up Kid Icarus because Dark Pit is a low effort Clone.
Pikmin pretty much only have potential for clones so it would barely be a new character even then.
Animal Crossing is a series that just isn't fit for fighters, could maybe get more assists.
Other Newcomer series
1-2 Newcomer: Inkling seem likely enough, and a Rhythm Heaven character seems seemed to be planned for 4.
Even if I like the series, i find Isaac (Golden sun) unlikely. Same goes for Andy (advance wars), except I haven't played that game.
Chibi-Robo and Wonderful 101 could maybe get an assist.
Sin & punisment and Custom Robo will not get a playable charater.
Retro
1 Returning: Ice Climbers.
0-1 Newcomer: maybe takamaru.
Sukapon (joy mech fight) isn't big/iconic enough, and neither is mike jones (startropics)
Third Party
I'm sceptical to Snake returning, but can see it happen.
Third Party will most likely be chosen based on the ballot, but we don't have any useful data from that.
I don't see Rayman as impossible.
I don't think Shovel Knight, Shantae or Bomberman will join, but third party is the area i'm the most unsure about
In total I predict around 10 Newcomers, If there's no (true) cuts.

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
With no cuts (not counting the chance of clones being costumes, seeing that was the initial plan for them).
Mario Series (and Yoshi)
0-1 Newcomers: Maybe (Captain) Toad, but could get no newcomers.
Other: Waluigi will keep being Assist Trophy, and hopefully Daisy and/or King Boo will get one too.
If Cloud is still in Geno will still be a Mii costume, if not, no trace of him
Wario
No Newcomer, at most another Assist trophy (Jimmy T., Mona or captain syrup).
Donkey Kong
1-2 Newcomers: We might get Dixie and/or K. Rool.
Maybe a cranky assist.
Zelda
0-1 Newcomers: Impa is imo next in line for zelda, with a tiny chance for Ganon or Toon Zelda/tetra. I don't think zelda will get newcomers.
Tingle, Skull kid, Midna and Ghirahim still Assist Trophy
Metroid
0 Newcomers: Don't have hope for for new character here, but if anything it's either Ridley or Dark Samus
If Dark Samus wasn't good enough for playable status Sylux isn't either.
Kid Icarus
0 Newcomers: Dark pit going back to being a costume is more likely than a newcomer imo.
Fire Emblem
0 Newcomers: Don't think FE will get more characters, unsure about Lucina.
Kirby
0-1 Newcomer: Bandana Dee, but i'm really unsure.
Pokemon
1-2 Newcomer: Either fully evolved Rowlet or bring back Squirtle & Ivysaur. Find the first option more likely.
Pichu will not return, and i don't find Sceptile likely
Star fox
1 Returning: Wolf.
don't think there'll be a newcomer.
Earthbound, F-zero, Xenoblade, Pikmin, Wii Fit, Punch-out, Mii,
0 Newcomers: Don't think any of these series will get new playable characters except maybe xenoblade, but i wouldn't bet on it.
Other series
1-2 Newcomer: Inkling seem likely enough, and a Rhythm Heaven character seems seemed to be planned for 4.
Even if I like the series, i find Isaac (Golden sun) unlikely. Same goes for Andy (advance wars), except I haven't played that game.
Retro
1 Returning: Ice Climbers.
0-1 Newcomer: maybe takamaru.
Third Party
I'm sceptical to Snake returning.
I don't think Shovel Knight, Shantae will join, but third party is the area i'm the most unsure about
In total I predict around 10 Newcomers, If there's no (true) cuts.
i have 2 questions

1. Why you didn't turn Dr. Mario to a costume or cut him all together?
2. why you didn't turn Daisy to a costume for Peach?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
i have 2 questions

1. Why you didn't turn Dr. Mario to a costume or cut him all together?
2. why you didn't turn Daisy to a costume for Peach?
1. Just forgot to mention him but he's like the other two clones, either still in as clone or a costume.
2. They Didn't make an all-out Daisy costume in 4, it's still only a color, so i don't think they'll do it in the next one.

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
1. Just forgot to mention him but he's like the other two clones, either still in as clone or a costume.
2. They Didn't make an all-out Daisy costume in 4, it's still only a color, so i don't think they'll do it in the next one.
you forgot to talk about Animal Crossing

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
You're right, I would put it in the category of series that I think won't get a newcomer. Made some edits to my original post.
Who do you think should be starters?
Who do you think should be unlockables?

N64 - has 8 starters and 4 secrets
:mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64:
Unlockable Changes:
N/A

Melee has 12 starters and 11 secrets
:mariomelee::pikachumelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::yoshimelee::dkmelee::falconmelee::foxmelee::nessmelee::icsmelee::kirbymelee::samusmelee::zeldamelee::linkmelee:
Unlockable Changes:
9 new secret characters.

Brawl has 20 starters and 14 secrets
:mario2::dk2::link2::samus2::zerosuitsamus::kirby2::fox::pikachu2::diddy::zelda::sheik::pit::metaknight::pt::ike::peach::yoshi2::popo::dedede::bowser2::wario::olimar::lucas:
Unlockable Changes:

SSB4 has 36 starters and 12 secrets + 7 DLC's
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
Unlockable Changes:
Wario became unlockable.
Dr. Mario returned.

How many Unlockable you think will be, what will the changes be and which ones should be unlockable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom