• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
FINAL WARNING

This is a roster thread. Talking about ports and nonsense will lead to actual warnings going on your records.
Sorry, I just got a notification for the post and didnt even pay attention to what thread it was in.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is not a speculative roster for what I believe either Smash Switch or Smash 5 - Rather, this is a "Realistic Idealist" Roster - Designed to adhere to previous Smash guidelines while also making as many possible high-demand fighters playable.

That said, this roster follows the following rules:

1. The roster must have all characters from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.
2. The roster cannot exceed 75 characters. Period.
3. The roster may only bring back a maximum of 5 veterans - additional characters must be primarily newcomers.
4. The character in question must have appeared in a game on a Nintendo system at least once.
5. Indie characters must have a prominent history with Nintendo to be considered.
6. No series may have more than 7 playable representatives (not including alternate characters such as the Koopalings, Alph, etc.)
7. There may not be any more than 10 third party fighters.
8. No third party company may have more than 2 representatives.

Additional Characters

Newcomers:
King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country
Bandana Dee from Kirby
Decidueye from Pokémon Sun & Moon
Spring Man from ARMS
Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Inkling from Splatoon
Marshal from Rhythm Heaven Fever
Isaac from Golden Sun
Rayman from Rayman
Shantae from Shantae

Returning Veterans:

Wolf from Star Fox
Ice Climbers from Ice Climber
Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid

Additional Notes:
Link and Zelda are given additional alternate costumes based off of their appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Daisy is an alternate character for Peach.
Ribbon Girl is an alternate character for Spring Man.
Naked Snake is an alternate character for Solid Snake.
Mrs. Pac-Man is an alternate character for Pac-Man.

Notes:
- Banjo & Kazooie were considered for this roster but were not allowed due to being owned by Microsoft, and despite comments by Phil Spencer, I don't see them as likely enough of an option compared to other third party characters such as Snake, Rayman, and Shantae.

I have an entire page written up of additional things such as new assist trophies, stages, and music tracks, if anyone is interested in seeing those as well, feel free to tag me and ask.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Man, I haven't done this in a long time. I made ten rosters for Brawl and I think only one for Smash 4. This time I didn't bother making the whole screen or anything just the characters and placement. Also, I followed my own rules lol. Only cut from Smash 4 was Doc (As much as I wanted to cut a few others I stopped myself). 83 characters total, but more w/ transformations.

And now some short descriptions of new characters/updates to old characters.

Changes to veterans
Ganondorf- Original moveset. Mostly based on Hyrule Warriors appearance because that's when he's the coolest, imo.
Charizard - Re-absorbed into Red where he belongs.
Falco and Wolf - Different Final Smashes.
Dark Pit - Original moveset, utilizing the other weapon types from Uprising. The only thing he has in common with Pit now is his model and voice actor.
Lucina - No longer a clone. She appears in her Great-Lord profession, and utilizes both the Falchion and a spear as well as a shield.
Link - BotW flavor. Not super different but can change Arrow-type between regular (Which fires quickly), bomb arrows (Which he can only use one of every 20 seconds and splode on impact), electric arrows (every 10 seconds, but paralyzes opponent) or fire arrows (every ten seconds, does burning damage). Also he can glide with his paraglider

New Characters
Paper Mario - Not at all a clone. Utilizes partners from the first two games for specials and his hammer/paper folding powers for other moves. Final Smash: Calls up Star Spirits and they come down and grant him extra speed and invulnerability for a short time.

Kamek - A new character from the Yoshi series WHAT? Anyhoo he's always on his broomstick, where he gets great movement and jump options- but the broomstick also can be destroyed if hit directly for 50% damage. When broom is gone, Kamek's speed and jump aren't great (But he can teleport around like Zelda [Super Mario World]). Ten second cooldown until broomstick respawns. Kamek is all about ranged attacks with his wand.

Waluigi - Idk man. Just put him in. You can literally give him any moveset and it would all make sense.

Dixie Kong - Not a clone! Utilizing the hell out of her hair (Better than Bayonnaise) for all sorts of things. Very aerial-based, it's where she excels.

Kaptain K Rool - Using his Blunderbuss as his primary weapon. Slow movement but is almost like a ranged-Dedede in feeling.

Masked Link - Like Pokemon Trainer. Swaps between Deku Link, Zora Link and Goron Link, all with incredibly different movesets. Gib to me pls Sakurai

Impa - Hyrule Warriors, bigass sword. Easy moveset magic

Slippy Toad - Click here.

Hector - To be completely honest, Hector is almost a placeholder. I want an Axe-based FE character and for the moment he's the most relevant and wanted of them. But if FE Switch has such a character that is well liked, that character replaces Hector here.

Rundas - Kind of an odd pick, and I know that Sylux is more wanted, but I just liked Rundas better. Ice is an underrepresented element in Smash Bros, and Rundas would take care of this in glorious ways. Make him be a Mei from Overwatch type character and I'm super sold.

Ridley - inb4 too big. He's not. He can be the same size as Bowser, hunched over. There's endless debate about this already, just put him in.

Hades - I don't even know how he'd play. He's just such an awesome character and could be glorious

Isaac - We need an Earthbender, and Isaac is just the guy for the job.

Prince of Sable - A frog/snek animagus/polymorph based character could be super original and interesting.

Bandana Dee - This is less an "if" and more a "when." Just give him his moves from Return to Dreamland. Done.

Black Shadow - Has Ganondorf's Smash 4 moveset.

Inkling - Another "when." Ink based combat, quick escape in ink you've thrown by going into squid form without being able to attack. I expect this announcement shortly after the next Smash is official.

Ribbon Girl - This is not exactly Ribbon Girl, but like Bowser Jr where the alternate costumes are all of the ARMS characters. Distance punches, with a tipper mechanic if you hit when the punch is at its furthest distance. An absolutely no brainer.

Tom Nook - Can use the rest of the stuff from Animal Crossing! Fishing Pole, steals your Pocket Pikachu and doesn't return it

May/Pokemon Trainer - She uses a Snivy, Quilava and Swampert. All original movesets, it's great. Again, not really "May" though because can change the trainer standing in the background to Gold/Kris/Brendan/etc

Decidueye - An obvious choice for Gen 7 representation. By far the favorite starter in the community and has a lot of potential for running with the archer-vibe + ghost flavoring.

Mike Jones - From Startropics! I think this one will happen eventually just because they're running out of obscure retro characters. Yoyo based but much cooler tricks than Ness. Shoves bananas in his ears for luck.

Banjo and Kazooie - This moveset writes itself.

Bomberman - High risk, high reward! Bombs everywhere that can also hurt Bomberman himself but have huge knockback against foes. Alt costumes are his brothers from the new game.

Rayman - Damn you artsyomni. This is a perfect fit. Rayman is more popular than ever right now and his moves work perfectly with Smash.

Shovel Knight - Our lone indie rep. Again, specials utilizing relics, shovel based gameplay otherwise. At 0% health he fires the beam out from his shovel. The War Horn is his final smash.

And Ditto is the random button.

Last edited:
I updated my ideal roster a little:

76 characters total (counting Miis separately).

Alts:

*insert Kaptain K. Rool icon here*​

- Added Roy, who was previously the only character I had cut completely (Doc, DP and Lucina were included as alts)
- Added Spring Man, who has Ribbon Girl alt.
- Ryu Hayabusa replaced by Bomberman
- Bandana Dee, Decidueye and female Corrin's icons changed.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I updated my ideal roster a little:

76 characters total (counting Miis separately).

Alts:

*insert Kaptain K. Rool icon here*​

- Added Roy, who was previously the only character I had cut completely (Doc, DP and Lucina were included as alts)
- Added Spring Man, who has Ribbon Girl alt.
- Ryu Hayabusa replaced by Bomberman
- Bandana Dee, Decidueye and female Corrin's icons changed.
Dark Samus as an alt its just such.... a waste.
Same for Impa.

Last edited:
Same for Impa.
Being honest, in Dark Samus' case, I though she(?) was already one of Samus' alts in Smash 4, but I've apparently misunderstood (I guess that's because I know very little about Metroid series).

I couldn't decide whether to keep Sheik or add Impa, so I just threw in the latter as alt. But now when I think about it, I guess it isn't such a good idea, after all.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Being honest, in Dark Samus' case, I though she(?) was already one of Samus' alts in Smash 4, but I've apparently misunderstood (I guess that's because I know very little about Metroid series).

I couldn't decide whether to keep Sheik or add Impa, so I just threw in the latter as alt. But now when I think about it, I guess it isn't such a good idea, after all.
There's an alternate palette based on Dark Samus, but it's like Mario's Wario palette - it's not a full-fledged costume like the Koopalings. Dark Samus's assist trophy shows that its abilities are quite different from Samus's; I haven't played through Metroid Prime 3 yet, but the fights with it in Metroid Prime 2 give some indication of what it can do.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
There seem to be a few misconceptions surrounding why Waddle Dee is a viable character:
  1. Characters who appear in multiple or all games have a status equivalent to MAIN characters.
  2. Waddle Dee is a main character because he was playable and appeared in stories.
  3. Waddle Dee was the fourth playable character in KRTDL and therefore the fourth most important character.
When I think of characters who have made it into Super Smash Bros, I think of characters who are considered icons or someone who could be easily recognized as a "character" outside the fans of the series. SAMUS is a character, LINK is a character. Waddle Dee is a goon, playable or no, bandanna or no.

I think the same applies to Toad. Even though he's not a goon and has more important roles, he's a species of character. Unlike Yoshi who has an entire SERIES of games and Pikachu who has the status of mascot and has several games that he is the star of.

I'm not saying Waddle Dee has nothing going for him, but Kirby's roster is complete. All of the main characters are in it. Just because Waddle Dee is the next best choice, doesn't mean he's a necessary one. Same goes for Impa. You can argue why she has merits, but she's not necessary or on the level of the Zelda characters who are already in the game. Impa doesn't come close to the level of importance as Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

There are very few people outside of Zelda who even remember who Impa is.

Same for Impa.
Making Impa a separate character would be wasting time, effort, and potential for other characters. What would making her a costume waste?

In OOT, Impa has all of the same abilities and physique as Sheik. Just like Alph has the same physique and abilities as Olimar.

Making Impa a costume of Sheik like Alph was, would be all it takes to make an accurate representation of Impa. So why spend the effort creating new moves when she's not even a necessary Zelda character?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I deecided to make a ideal roster for a hypothetical Smash Port that may or may not exist.
Link
Note: This is not a prediction roster, I doubt a port would end up looking anything like this. :laugh:

If I made a roster for a full game it'd look very different, I'm under the assumption that there wouldn't be much time for characters outside of veterans and clones, so I tried to keep it as minimalist as possible other than the veterans.

There seem to be a few misconceptions surrounding why Waddle Dee is a viable character:
  1. Characters who appear in multiple or all games have a status equivalent to MAIN characters.
  2. Waddle Dee is a main character because he was playable and appeared in stories.
  3. Waddle Dee was the fourth playable character in KRTDL and therefore the fourth most important character.
When I think of characters who have made it into Super Smash Bros, I think of characters who are considered icons or someone who could be easily recognized as a "character" outside the fans of the series. SAMUS is a character, LINK is a character. Waddle Dee is a goon, playable or no, bandanna or no.

I think the same applies to Toad. Even though he's not a goon and has more important roles, he's a species of character. Unlike Yoshi who has an entire SERIES of games and Pikachu who has the status of mascot and has several games that he is the star of.

I'm not saying Waddle Dee has nothing going for him, but Kirby's roster is complete. All of the main characters are in it. Just because Waddle Dee is the next best choice, doesn't mean he's a necessary one. Same goes for Impa. You can argue why she has merits, but she's not necessary or on the level of the Zelda characters who are already in the game. Impa doesn't come close to the level of importance as Link, Zelda, and Ganon.
It's not just RTDL, it's every modern Kirby game after that game as well, Bandana Dee's generally on equal terms of importance as :4metaknight: and :4dedede:, give or take per game, and in Rainbow Curse's case, he's the only one of them to have a substantial role, he's definitely not treated as lesser to them by HAL, he's on the same level as them. Although, if you just hate the fact that he's a Waddle Dee, I recommend you look at one of his fellow Kirby characters, Dark Matter, I'd argue he's also important enough to warrant getting into Smash, there's some alternatives to Dee.

Edit: Fixed image, it actually worked this time lol.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Making Impa a separate character would be wasting time, effort, and potential for other characters. What would making her a costume waste?

In OOT, Impa has all of the same abilities and physique as Sheik. Just like Alph has the same physique and abilities as Olimar.

Making Impa a costume of Sheik like Alph was, would be all it takes to make an accurate representation of Impa. So why spend the effort creating new moves when she's not even a necessary Zelda character?
Impa became a different character over time; in Skyward Sword and especially Hyrule Warriors, she is very different from Sheik. Personally, I feel like Midna or Ghirahim would have more interesting movesets, but people tend to say they're unlikely because they only appeared in one game. With the possible exception of Tingle (who is... divisive, to say the least), Impa's the biggest recurring character in Zelda outside of the Triforce trio.

When someone has a warning, there is probably a reason.

I understand the desire to want to give a counterpoint, but 90% of the time it's better to just take it to the general thread if it isn't a direct response to a roster.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's not just RTDL, it's every modern Kirby game after that game as well, Bandana Dee's generally on equal terms of importance as :4metaknight: and :4dedede:
I find that claim to be ridiculous and unfounded. And even if it were true, King Dedede & Meta Knight have been around since the beginning.

give or take per game, and in Rainbow Curse's case, he's the only one of them to have a substantial role
Um...so? That's just a spin off game. Who cares about Rainbow Curse??? We're talking about Kirby as a series. Not one, poorly sold, spin off game.

he's definitely not treated as lesser to them by HAL
That doesn't matter.

he's on the same level as them.
I'm sorry, but that notion is laughable.
Although, if you just hate the fact that he's a Waddle Dee, I recommend you look at one of his fellow Kirby characters, Dark Matter, I'd argue he's also important enough to warrant getting into Smash, there's some alternatives to Dee.
Now you're resorting to Kindergarten tactis. "You HATE Waddle Dee!". No I don't. I don't hate Waddle Dee anymore than any other not viable candidate.

And DARK MATTER? Once again. Not a very iconic video game character. Imagine Dark Matter on the cover of SSB. "Hey look! It's Link, Samus, The Wii Fit Lady, King Dedede and um...uh...That guy???"

I play tons of Kirby games and even I had to google that for a second.

Impa became a different character over time; in Skyward Sword and especially Hyrule Warriors, she is very different from Sheik. Personally, I feel like Midna or Ghirahim would have more interesting movesets, but people tend to say they're unlikely because they only appeared in one game. With the possible exception of Tingle (who is... divisive, to say the least), Impa's the biggest recurring character in Zelda outside of the Triforce trio.
A perfect example of the logical fallacy I brought up. Just becaus someone is the next most important character you can think of, doesn't mean they are a notable or necessary one. Notice how you said "The next most important out of the triforce trio." Basically meaning, the next most important one aside from the ones that matter.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Here's my ideal roster if Smash 4 gets a "Deluxe" port to the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
User was warned for this post
If there's any point against Bandana Dee, it's that Sakurai doesn't seem to give one **** about him. Well that and Kirby really doesn't need another character.

And Zelda doesn't need another character either, it has its main three, but it does seem next in line to start receiving characters from its b-tier, as Mario did this time. Because Mario certainly didn't "need" characters like Bowser Jr or Rosalina, those two are of significantly less importance to the series than the other existing four, but we were at that point where the next tier became viable, logical additions. And as the next biggest, next most prevalent series (omitting Pokemon; that cast functioning a bit differently), Zelda seems ready to dip into its b-tier. The main hurdle for Impa this time around seems to be that (slight spoilers) BotW didn't cast her in the most playable light (spoilers over), and Smash does seem to draw pretty heavily on what has happened lately.

So I guess the next Zelda character (because I do think it's ready for another at this point) may well be yet another version of Link, Zelda, or Ganon, which would be kind of disappointing, but it's not like Impa is without reason, she does seem to be the best choice for a Zelda character that isn't one of the main three. Unless the series wants to go with some flavour of the month choice like a BotW champion, but that'd be a less than ideal call imo.

Also if this isn't a suitable post for this thread feel free to give me a warning or infraction.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't have time to make another roster with new images ect so i'll list a dream roster. (ish)
  • Mario: no new characters.
  • Wario: Ashley and Waluigi
  • DK: Dixie Kong, King K Rool.
  • Xenoblade: Shulk, Elma, XC2 character.
  • Zelda: Link, Toon Link, Zelda,Ganondorf (all having multiple proper costumes based on past games like Hyrule Warriors), Impa, Shiek, Tetra, Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid,(last 5 so its one side character per 3D Zelda game) Lana, Cia, (spinoff) Ruto, Darunia / Daruk, Umbrosa, Revali (for the other races).
  • Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Ike, Lyn, Roy, Robin, Anna, Corrin, Azura, Takumi, Hinoka, Tharja, Camilla, Ryoma, Elise, Kagero and Saizo (costumes of eachother), Felicia and Jakob (same), Tiki.
  • Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Phosphora, Dark Pit, Chariot Master, Medusa, Pandora, Hades.
  • 3rd party: Pacman, Heihachi, Megaman, Ryu, Dante, Amaterasu, Rayman, Ezio, Snake, Bomberman, Sonic, Bayonetta, Cloud, Lara Croft, Slime, 2B.
I think my bias is showing. :p
When someone has a warning, there is probably a reason.

I understand the desire to want to give a counterpoint, but 90% of the time it's better to just take it to the general thread if it isn't a direct response to a roster.
I face palmed myself so hard so many times I couldn't be asked to argue back anyways.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't have time to make another roster with new images ect so i'll list a dream roster. (ish)
  • Mario: no new characters.
  • Wario: Ashley and Waluigi
  • DK: Dixie Kong, King K Rool.
  • Xenoblade: Shulk, Elma, XC2 character.
  • Zelda: Link, Toon Link, Zelda,Ganondorf (all having multiple proper costumes based on past games like Hyrule Warriors), Impa, Shiek, Tetra, Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid,(last 5 so its one side character per 3D Zelda game) Lana, Cia, (spinoff) Ruto, Darunia / Daruk, Umbrosa, Revali (for the other races).
  • Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Ike, Lyn, Roy, Robin, Anna, Corrin, Azura, Takumi, Hinoka, Tharja, Camilla, Ryoma, Elise, Kagero and Saizo (costumes of eachother), Felicia and Jakob (same), Tiki.
  • Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Phosphora, Dark Pit, Chariot Master, Medusa, Pandora, Hades.
  • 3rd party: Pacman, Heihachi, Megaman, Ryu, Dante, Amaterasu, Rayman, Ezio, Snake, Bomberman, Sonic, Bayonetta, Cloud, Lara Croft, Slime, 2B.
I think my bias is showing. :p

I face palmed myself so hard so many times I couldn't be asked to argue back anyways.
Are you sure Sakurai didn't hack your account or something? :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Too many Zelda characters that aren't Link and Zelda for that. :p
He's obviously using that as a way to convince everyone that it's not him.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Smash Dream Roster.png

(Bottom are all alternates for characters)

• Even if they didn't win, it's pretty obvious that K.Rool, Dixie and the Inklings were major Ballot players; so I could see them being incentives for upgrading to the Switch port. Same with Ridley and Wolf. The IC's are a given.

• Bandanna Dee is a major player in the franchise, and the only reason I don't see him being added is if Sakurai sees it as unnecessary. Sceptile is one of the most popular Gen 3 mons, so I could see him being added to cash on Gen 3 nostalgia.

• Lloyd Irving had a Mii costume in Smash 4, which may hold water to give him the full leap to playable. Proto Man makes too much sense as an alt of Mega Man, though perhaps a semi-clone would be more likely.

• Knuckles and Amy both got in because of their divergent movesets to Sonic's own; they remain popular characters and can brought on with more creative move potential then, say, Shadow. Classic Sonic is an alternate for Sonic, seeing as how he's going to be recent, and Amy may as well get that classic treatment, as well; after all, her model could literally be a modified Sonic.

• Crash, Rayman, Banjo and Bomberman are all highly-requested third-party characters, and it'd make sense to go with nostalgic/well-remembered third-parties to drum up hype for the port. Sadly, considering the ****show that is Konami, I doubt Snake's ever coming back outside of mods, and Bombrman's chances look grim by extension.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Might as well post this here.

http://i.imgur.com/2hV5Wf7.png

Text version (In case the image and link don't work):

Row 1
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario (Dr. Mario is an alt of Mario)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Yoshi
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Row 2
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt Duo
Ice Climbers
Link
Zelda / Sheik (Back to transformation)
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Toon Link
Takamaru
Samus / Zero Suit Samus (Back to transformation)
Ridley (Meta Ridley alt)
Dark Samus
Pit (Dark Pit shares the same slot as Pit, the same way Male and Female Robin share a slot. He gets to keep his voice though)
Palutena
Little Mac

Row 3
Ness
Lucas
Marth (Lucina is an alt of Marth)
Ike
Robin
Corrin
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Row 4
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Decidueye
Villager
Isabelle
Isaac
Andy
Pikmin & Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Chorus Kids
Shulk

Row 5
Mallo
Wonder Red
Inkling
Ribbon Girl (Springman alt).
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Solid Snake
Mega Man
Ryu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Rayman
Cloud Strife
Lloyd Irving
Bayonetta
Mii Fighter

This is an old one, so I might change it up sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Here's a roster I think could happen, for Smash 6:

Text version:

Row 1
Mr. Game & Watch (Veteran)
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Rosalina & Luma (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)
Dixie Kong (Newcomer, fan requested)
King K. Rool (Newcomer, fan requested)
R.O.B. (Veteran)

Row 2
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Takamaru (Newcomer, fan requested)
Samus (Veteran)
Zero Suit Samus (Veteran)
Ridley (Newcomer, fan requested)
Federation Trooper (Newcomer, advertisement) [It's between that or Sylux]
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)
Bandana Dee (Newcomer, fan requested)
Magolor (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
Decidueye (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Villager (Veteran)
Isabelle (Newcomer, fan requested)
Isaac (Newcomer, fan requested)
Pikmin & Olimar (Veteran)
Wii Fit Trainer (Veteran)

Row 5
Chorus Kids (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Shulk (Veteran)
Inkling (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Ribbon Girl (Springman alt) (Newcomer, advertisement)
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Bomberman (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Veteran)
Rayman (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Lloyd Irving (Newcomer, fan requested)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

No cuts, just more newcomers and returning veterans... I think?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Text version:

Row 1
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)
R.O.B. (Veteran)

Row 2
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Samus (Veteran)
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
Villager (Veteran)

Row 5
Shulk (Veteran)
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

> Federation Force Trooper

#Triggered

But I can see this being possible either way.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Text version:

Row 1
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)
R.O.B. (Veteran)

Row 2
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Samus (Veteran)
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
Villager (Veteran)

Row 5
Shulk (Veteran)
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

Your inclusion of Lloyd is interesting. I can see it happen. But I dunno why he isn't next to Pacman.
Overall a very solid roster I'd be happy with.

Except:
One of Robin/Corrin still not a female as default.
Federation Force fighter over Dark freakin Samus.
No KI newcomer (very unlikley but I want it)
Yet again no new Zelda ffs..

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Your inclusion of Lloyd is interesting. I can see it happen. But I dunno why he isn't next to Pacman.
Overall a very solid roster I'd be happy with.

Except:
One of Robin/Corrin still not a female as default.
Federation Force fighter over Dark freakin Samus.
No KI newcomer (very unlikley but I want it)
Yet again no new Zelda ffs..
Some explanations are probably in order then.

The reason why Lloyd Irving isn't next to Pac-Man is because I've mostly placed characters and their respective series in order of release (Mr. G&W 1980; R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers 1985, Legend of Zelda 1986, etc up to Ribbon Girl in 2017), with the exception of Super Mario and Donkey Kong, as the former is the flagship franchise of Nintendo, and the latter is linked to it via the same universe, so I placed those just after Mr. G&W). I did the same for third party characters, starting with Pac-Man of 1980, then all the way to Bayonetta of 2009. Whilst Lloyd Irving's series, Tales, started in 1995, Tales of Symphonia was released in 2003.

For the images of Robin and Corrin, they are cropped images of their profile boxes from the official Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. It was easier to copy+paste and crop them those than try get a transparent image of the female counterparts. By the way, I prefer the female versions anyway =P

Dark Samus... it's a tough one. Dark Samus is my second most wanted Metroid character, after Ridley. I think if Nintendo wanted to go after purely fan requested Metroid characters (not caring about relevance, and reversed Sakurai's stance on Ridley), both Ridley and Dark Samus would probably be added as priority. Dark Samus actually has a presence in Smash 4, unlike its competition (with the exception of Ridley), so the argument of "Samus' doppelgänger" being "irrelevant / too irrelevant for Smash" is a moot point. I don't know what else to say really. I still like Dark Samus anyway. Nintendo would probably use the Federation Trooper to advertise for the Metroid Prime Federation Force in hopes of getting more sales and money (and fail).

Regarding no Kid Icarus and Legend of Zelda newcomers, there are some great characters to choose from (KI: Viridi, Medusa, Hades; LoZ: Skull Kid, Vaati, Tingle, Ghirahim, etc), but it depends on what Nintendo would do for both series. Personally, I'd like Viridi and Medusa as Kid Icarus newcomers, and Skull Kid and Vaati for The Legend of Zelda newcomers, but knowing Nintendo, they'd probably skip Kid Icarus, and they'd pick a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to advertise the game...

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Some explanations are probably in order then.

The reason why Lloyd Irving isn't next to Pac-Man is because I've mostly placed characters and their respective series in order of release (Mr. G&W 1980; R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers 1985, Legend of Zelda 1986, etc up to Ribbon Girl in 2017), with the exception of Super Mario and Donkey Kong, as the former is the flagship franchise of Nintendo, and the latter is linked to it via the same universe, so I placed those just after Mr. G&W). I did the same for third party characters, starting with Pac-Man of 1980, then all the way to Bayonetta of 2009. Whilst Lloyd Irving's series, Tales, started in 1995, Tales of Symphonia was released in 2003.

For the images of Robin and Corrin, they are cropped images of their profile boxes from the official Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. It was easier to copy+paste and crop them those than try get a transparent image of the female counterparts. By the way, I prefer the female versions anyway =P

Dark Samus... it's a tough one. Dark Samus is my second most wanted Metroid character, after Ridley. I think if Nintendo wanted to go after purely fan requested Metroid characters (not caring about relevance, and reversed Sakurai's stance on Ridley), both Ridley and Dark Samus would probably be added as priority. Dark Samus actually has a presence in Smash 4, unlike its competition (with the exception of Ridley), so the argument of "Samus' doppelgänger" being "irrelevant / too irrelevant for Smash" is a moot point. I don't know what else to say really. I still like Dark Samus anyway. Nintendo would probably use the Federation Trooper to advertise for the Metroid Prime Federation Force in hopes of getting more sales and money (and fail).

Regarding no Kid Icarus and Legend of Zelda newcomers, there are some great characters to choose from (KI: Viridi, Medusa, Hades; LoZ: Skull Kid, Vaati, Tingle, Ghirahim, etc), but it depends on what Nintendo would do for both series. Personally, I'd like Viridi and Medusa as Kid Icarus newcomers, and Skull Kid and Vaati for The Legend of Zelda newcomers, but knowing Nintendo, they'd probably skip Kid Icarus, and they'd pick a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to advertise the game...
I don't see why Nintendo would want to touch Fed Force ever again tbh. Sakurai likes unique characters and Dark Samus can do a lot more cool stuff than Fed Force soldier could.
I very much so agree with ur KI choices. Yh they would probbaly pick BotW and I'm fine with that. I think it's a shame they haven't added certain past Zelda characters since they have so much potential. The fact that Tecmo Koi beat senpai Sakurai is glorious but at the same time hurts XD. Imagine Ghirahim, Midna ect as playable. Roster would be SOOO diverse (it already is but eh)

At least the AT's are great in Smash4 tho a lot of these could and imo should get the promotion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've updated my ideal roster slightly:

In terms of changes, I removed Sceptile and Genesect in favour of Decidueye (while I wanted to represent as many generations as possible, I felt like they were fairly random choices otherwise), and I also removed Sylux, Porky, and Krystal (while they seem like they'd be unique, it felt odd to want Sylux for the role that he could potentially play in the series at some point down the line; while the other two would be unique characters and a nice change from the entire line-up for their series being semi-clones, they seem like fairly random choices on my part otherwise).

This gives me a total of eighty characters; probably a bit much (though it's less newcomers than Smash 4), but I wanted to spread out additions to returning series as well as adding series like Golden Sun, Star Tropics, and Sin & Punishment that had been ignored in Smash up to this point.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've updated my ideal roster slightly:

In terms of changes, I removed Sceptile and Genesect in favour of Decidueye (while I wanted to represent as many generations as possible, I felt like they were fairly random choices otherwise), and I also removed Sylux, Porky, and Krystal (while they seem like they'd be unique, it felt odd to want Sylux for the role that he could potentially play in the series at some point down the line; while the other two would be unique characters and a nice change from the entire line-up for their series being semi-clones, they seem like fairly random choices on my part otherwise).

This gives me a total of eighty characters; probably a bit much (though it's less newcomers than Smash 4), but I wanted to spread out additions to returning series as well as adding series like Golden Sun, Star Tropics, and Sin & Punishment that had been ignored in Smash up to this point.
Seeing Sukapon and Ray on fan made rosters always warms my heart.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing Sukapon and Ray on fan made rosters always warms my heart.
Ray's definitely up there with Isaac, Midna, Ghirahim, and Takamaru for "assist trophies that would make for great playable characters", as far as I'm concerned - no idea why Ray and Isaac were removed from Smash 4.

As for Sukapon, I only found out about him thanks to an attempted fan-game on the Spriters Resource forums, but looking into his original game, it seemed like he'd work well in Smash Bros., and it seems really fitting to put the main character of Nintendo's first fighting game (I don't know if Urban Champion counts) into their big crossover fighting game franchise.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ray's definitely up there with Isaac, Midna, Ghirahim, and Takamaru for "assist trophies that would make for great playable characters", as far as I'm concerned - no idea why Ray and Isaac were removed from Smash 4.

As for Sukapon, I only found out about him thanks to an attempted fan-game on the Spriters Resource forums, but looking into his original game, it seemed like he'd work well in Smash Bros., and it seems really fitting to put the main character of Nintendo's first fighting game (I don't know if Urban Champion counts) into their big crossover fighting game franchise.
I wouldn't count Urban Champion lol.

How you gonna sit there and mention AT promotions to me, and not include Starfy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not overly familiar with Starfy's games, sorry (haha). I'll have to look up gameplay of those games some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom