• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's my prediction for the next game (not for the possible port.) It's extremely basic/safe I know, but it's supposed to be a prediction after all. :p

View attachment 129513

-71 characters total with 10 newcomers and 3 returning veterans for a total of 13 additional characters

-The 2 blank newcomer spots are for another new IP, a smaller series like Rhythm Heaven or the possible comeback of a dormant one like Golden Sun, Advance Wars, etc.

-Not holding out my hopes, but I put Snake back in just in case something can be worked out with Konami once they start paying more attention to their games again.

-Tecmo Koei has a great relationship with Nintendo and their Ninja Gaiden series is a classic from the NES days, so from them I added Ryu Hayabusa.

-The first party veterans and newcomers are otherwise pretty self explanatory.

-Expecting no cuts is unrealistic of course, so that's already a bit off, but I decided to leave everyone in for now.
The only one thing which make me cringe is the 7th FE character icon, since the :4corrin::4corrinf: discord I doubt we'll see a FE newcomer without replacing one of the FE veterans or being added as DLC.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The only one thing which make me cringe is the 7th FE character icon, since the :4corrin::4corrinf: discord I doubt we'll see a FE newcomer without replacing one of the FE veterans or being added as DLC.
That's understandable, but if FE continues to grow now that it's back in the forefront, then I definitely see them adding a new character in the base roster.

Like I said in the original post, I do expect some cuts, but left everyone in for the time being as I haven't figured out who I think said cuts will be. I imagine we'd see one (possibly two) current FE character(s) get cut from the lineup and possibly return as DLC later.

Rather unfortunate imo as I'm among the few that liked the sudden spike in FE characters, but more than likely necessary with the roster getting so big.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's understandable, but if FE continues to grow now that it's back in the forefront, then I definitely see them adding a new character in the base roster.

Like I said in the original post, I do expect some cuts, but left everyone in for the time being as I haven't figured out who I think said cuts will be. I imagine we'd see one (possibly two) current FE character(s) get cut from the lineup and possibly return as DLC later.

Rather unfortunate imo as I'm among the few that liked the sudden spike in FE characters, but more than likely necessary with the roster getting so big.
I think at most, Lucina or Roy is absorbed into Marth. But I doubt even that. FE is way too popular right now

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master

It still seems odd to have it rivaling or even surpassing significantly more popular franchises. I'm not entirely convince it will hang on to this newfound popularity. I mean, Nintendo is pumping a lot of marketing into it which could inflate it's popularity, but tactical games already suffered a dip in popularity once, it could happen again.

I think at most, Lucina or Roy is absorbed into Marth. But I doubt even that. FE is way too popular right now
I think Roy was too decloned to be absorbed. I would like to see Lucina get that treatment (or more like bows and/or lances), but I'm not sure. I do think they should be careful when adding new characters as the Corrins ended up being the least popular from their series.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I don't really want to see Corrin cut-They're much more unique than any decloned Lucina could ever be.

I actually thought about a decloned Dr. Mario who like throws Viruses around and ****, but I think there's multiple better Puzzle Game characters such as Muddy Mole, Lolo, Lip etc.. Doc should be an alt.

Dark Pit can burn in hell, new moveset or not.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Is Fire Emblem even that popular right now? It's getting a bunch of advertisement and official exposure that rivals the big bad franchises (probably as compensation for Intelligent Systems after they lost their role in Nintendo) but I don't think that automatically makes it as popular as the largest ones, my guess would be that Fire Emblem's roughly on the same tier as Kirby and Animal Crossing nowadays, but it's representation in Smash would make you assume it's on par with Pokemon.

Also, before anyone starts getting any ideas, no, I'm not saying we should cut X Fire Emblem character/s, although I'm opposed to adding any more.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like Fire Emblem will almost certainly hold onto 4 character slots at least, if it keeps up existing momentum. Roy will probably struggle to stay relevant going forward (since he already had to be included as dlc character and not in the main roster)...and Lucina is probably touch and go. I could see her being a dlc character if she's popular enough, but she might have to fight Roy for it in future games.

Marth and Ike are probably really safe at this point. There COULD end up being a struggle between Robin and Corin though. (especially if we get a Fire Emblem newcomer)

Personally I don't like seeing any one franchise get too many characters....and that's coming from somebody who would call Pokemon one of his all time favourite franchises. I just love Smash too much as a game where characters come in from all kinds of different franchises. It feels like that gets diluted a bit if you start getting tons of characters from just one franchise.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I don't really want to see Corrin cut-They're much more unique than any decloned Lucina could ever be.

I actually thought about a decloned Dr. Mario who like throws Viruses around and ****, but I think there's multiple better Puzzle Game characters such as Muddy Mole, Lolo, Lip etc.. Doc should be an alt.
She could be quite unique, but will likely suffer Ganondorf syndrome going forward.

I feel like Fire Emblem will almost certainly hold onto 4 character slots at least, if it keeps up existing momentum. Roy will probably struggle to stay relevant going forward (since he already had to be included as dlc character and not in the main roster)...and Lucina is probably touch and go. I could see her being a dlc character if she's popular enough, but she might have to fight Roy for it in future games.

Marth and Ike are probably really safe at this point. There COULD end up being a struggle between Robin and Corin though. (especially if we get a Fire Emblem newcomer)

Personally I don't like seeing any one franchise get too many characters....and that's coming from somebody who would call Pokemon one of his all time favourite franchises. I just love Smash too much as a game where characters come in from all kinds of different franchises. It feels like that gets diluted a bit if you start getting tons of characters from just one franchise.
I definitely think she's popular enough (more so than any other fighter the series has except potentially Ike), and she is a sort of mascot for the series now along with Marth. Again, I just wish that Sakurai was not so dead set on keeping clones as clones.

As for Robin vs. Corrin, I do think Robin better represents the series and is typically more popular than Corrin (at least outside of Smash).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I.. Wanted to post my roster before this thread slows down and stops getting replies for a month or two again?
Ahh, I see.

Speaking of which, I haven't made a roster in a long time. Maybe I outta get on that again.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think that Fire Emblem has to be approached in the manner that resulted in Robin's conception. Highlight other aspects in the series rather then lord champions in a turn-based game illustrated with a counter.

Robin was a nice surprise. He seems like are first proper mage character.

Corrin can be saved. A dragon hybrid is a fascinating idea. So, do not kill it by slapping a Fire Emblem counter on top. The side B is a creative special with high utility and oozing flavor. The other specials seem a little limp in comparison.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Figure I mind as well throw this out here. This is what I would like to see, not a prediction, though I also tried to keep it reasonable (well, except maybe Banjo). Personally, I don't think we will get this many newcomers, and Nintendo doesn't seem to care too much about the GBA era. Hope I didn't accidentally leave anyone obvious off.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 3.53.07 PM.png

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
Here is my roster, soon i will explain each of the newcomers and returning characters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here is my roster, soon i will explain each of the newcomers and returning characters
Your picture isn't working. Could you upload it on a site like Imgur (if you haven't already) and post a link?

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
Your picture isn't working. Could you upload it on a site like Imgur (if you haven't already) and post a link?
Okay, will try to do that! EDIT: My image doesn't seem to work, will try to do something else

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Figure I mind as well throw this out here. This is what I would like to see, not a prediction, though I also tried to keep it reasonable (well, except maybe Banjo). Personally, I don't think we will get this many newcomers, and Nintendo doesn't seem to care too much about the GBA era. Hope I didn't accidentally leave anyone obvious off.

View attachment 129732
Did you forget to re-add Corrin or did you just leave them off? I mean, I don't mind or anything, it's just that I know the last few DLC characters don't get uploaded automatically lile the rest of the characters do.

Anyway, Dillon is one of those characters idk how to feel about. I like him, but I don't know if I ever see him being playable, though I will admit for the brief second of not knowing if his AT reveal was a playable character, I was kind of excited.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Is Fire Emblem even that popular right now? It's getting a bunch of advertisement and official exposure that rivals the big bad franchises (probably as compensation for Intelligent Systems after they lost their role in Nintendo) but I don't think that automatically makes it as popular as the largest ones, my guess would be that Fire Emblem's roughly on the same tier as Kirby and Animal Crossing nowadays, but it's representation in Smash would make you assume it's on par with Pokemon.

Also, before anyone starts getting any ideas, no, I'm not saying we should cut X Fire Emblem character/s, although I'm opposed to adding any more.
I'd say that it is, at the very least, the most popular that it's ever been. Smash has a lot to do with that. It must be doing well enough to have warranted its own Direct earlier this year announcing three games and an app

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

View attachment 129732
You forgot Cloud

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not gonna lie it's kinda disheartening going through these rosters and not seeing Snake. I understand why he's seen as unlikely but damn is it a shame.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Man, I got nothing against ol' Snake but..

*Text box pops up*

IT'S A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

*Turns into night*

.. I think there are better Konami characters.
I mean, Sega and Capcom got two characters, so perhaps Konami can get two as well. Of course after that you can still argue which two as Konami has a few good contenders. Snake, Simon, Bomberman, Frogger, etc.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I mean, Sega and Capcom got two characters, so perhaps Konami can get two as well. Of course after that you can still argue which two as Konami has a few good contenders. Snake, Simon, Bomberman, Frogger, etc.
Getting two would be the dream, but sorry to all Snake fans.. It would have to be Simon and Bomberman. IMO, at least. Konami themselves might feel different..

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Getting two would be the dream, but sorry to all Snake fans.. It would have to be Simon and Bomberman. IMO, at least. Konami themselves might feel different..
This is one of those situations where I'm torn between the three. I really like Snake and want him back, but Castlevania and Bomberman are series that I feel are long overdue since they're former big name series that have more ties to Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I honestly don't feel either one of them is getting in without Snake being brought in as well. Obviously, the Dream is all three. The way I see it going right now is that either it's just Snake, or one of the two and Snake. Or I mean none of them which is the worst case. I don't figure they'd leave Snake on the cutting room floor when they could still easily port him over due to his Veteran status. And on that note I feel that Bomberman has a better chance as of now. The dream is all 3, the most likely 2 is Snake and Bomberman as much as it pains me to say it.

Don't get me wrong I love Bomberman, but I think Simon edges himself just above him despite my nostalgia.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Here's my new roster:

Text version:

Row 1
Mr. Game & Watch (Veteran)
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Rosalina & Luma (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Ashley (Newcomer, fan requested)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)
Dixie Kong (Newcomer, fan requested)
King K. Rool (Newcomer, fan requested)

Row 2
R.O.B. (Veteran)
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Takamaru (Newcomer, fan requested)
Samus (Veteran)
Zero Suit Samus (Veteran)
Ridley (Newcomer, fan requested)
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)
Bandana Dee (Newcomer, fan requested)
Magolor (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
New Pokémon rep (In this case Decidueye) (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Villager (Veteran)
Isabelle (Newcomer, fan requested)
Pikmin & Olimar (Veteran)
Wii Fit Trainer (Veteran)
Shulk (Veteran)

Row 5
Inkling (With boy Inkling alt.) (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Callie & Marie (Duo fighter) (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Ribbon Girl (Springman alt) (Newcomer, advertisement)
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Bomberman (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Veteran)
Rayman (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Lloyd Irving (Newcomer, fan requested)
Rabbids (Newcomer, advertisement)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

No cuts, just more newcomers and returning veterans. Characters (or series) are in order of debut (e.g. R.O.B., DHD, Ice Climbers, 1985; Link 1986, etc), with the exception of Super Mario, Wario and DK characters, with the former being the flagship franchise and the latter two connected to it via the same universe.

Order for third party reps:
Pac-Man - 1980
Bomberman - 1983
Solid Snake - 1987
Mega Man - 1987
Ryu - 1987
Sonic the Hedgehog - 1991
Rayman - 1995
Cloud Strife - 1997 (Final Fantasy VII)
Lloyd Irving - 2003 (Tales of Symphonia)
Rabbids - 2006 (Rayman Raving Rabbids)
Bayonetta - 2009

I don't think it'll exceed 75, but if it went to 80, it'd be like this:

The additional five are:

Poochy (Yoshi series)
A new The Legend of Zelda rep
Dark Samus (Metroid series)
A new Fire Emblem rep
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven series)

Arthur97

Smash Master
Here's my new roster:

Text version:

Row 1
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)

Row 2
R.O.B. (Veteran)
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Samus (Veteran)
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
New Pokémon rep (In this case Decidueye) (Newcomer, fan requested and advertisement)
Villager (Veteran)
Shulk (Veteran)

Row 5
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

No cuts, just more newcomers and returning veterans. Characters (or series) are in order of debut (e.g. R.O.B., DHD, Ice Climbers, 1985; Link 1986, etc), with the exception of Super Mario, Wario and DK characters, with the former being the flagship franchise and the latter two connected to it via the same universe.

Pac-Man - 1980
Bomberman - 1983
Solid Snake - 1987
Mega Man - 1987
Ryu - 1987
Rayman - 1995
Bayonetta - 2009

The additional five are:

Poochy (Yoshi series)
A new Fire Emblem rep
I think Rabbids is definitely going too far. Rayman is mediocre enough, but rabbids are just kind of common. In a similar vein, I don't really see Melanor (or whatever his name is) becoming a fighter as a one-off villain. Ridley has also been essentially doomed to never be a fighter.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Here's my new roster:

Text version:

Row 1
Mario (Veteran)
Luigi (Veteran)
Peach (Veteran)
Bowser (Veteran)
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Dr. Mario (Veteran)
Yoshi (Veteran)
Wario (Veteran)
Donkey Kong (Veteran)
Diddy Kong (Veteran)

Row 2
R.O.B. (Veteran)
Duck Hunt Duo (Veteran)
Ice Climbers (Veteran)
Link (Veteran)
Zelda (Veteran)
Sheik (Veteran)
Ganondorf (Veteran)
Toon Link (Veteran)
Samus (Veteran)
Pit (Veteran)
Palutena (Veteran)
Dark Pit (Veteran)

Row 3

Little Mac (Veteran)
Ness (Veteran)
Lucas (Veteran)
Marth (Veteran)
Roy (Veteran)
Ike (Veteran)
Robin (Veteran)
Lucina (Veteran)
Corrin (Veteran)
Captain Falcon (Veteran)
Kirby (Veteran)
Dedede (Veteran)
Meta Knight (Veteran)

Row 4
Fox (Veteran)
Falco (Veteran)
Wolf (Veteran)
Pikachu (Veteran)
Charizard (Veteran)
Jigglypuff (Veteran)
Mewtwo (Veteran)
Lucario (Veteran)
Greninja (Veteran)
Villager (Veteran)
Shulk (Veteran)

Row 5
Pac-Man (Veteran)
Solid Snake (Veteran)
Mega Man (Veteran)
Ryu (Veteran)
Cloud Strife (Veteran)
Bayonetta (Veteran)
Mii Fighter

Pac-Man - 1980
Bomberman - 1983
Solid Snake - 1987
Mega Man - 1987
Ryu - 1987
Rayman - 1995
Bayonetta - 2009

The additional five are:

Poochy (Yoshi series)
A new Fire Emblem rep
I'd happily put up with Rabbids if Ashley, Isabelle, Squid Sisters, AND Ribbon Girl are newcomers.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Did you forget to re-add Corrin or did you just leave them off? I mean, I don't mind or anything, it's just that I know the last few DLC characters don't get uploaded automatically lile the rest of the characters do.

Anyway, Dillon is one of those characters idk how to feel about. I like him, but I don't know if I ever see him being playable, though I will admit for the brief second of not knowing if his AT reveal was a playable character, I was kind of excited.
Admittedly, I left Corrin off on purpose. Probably residual bitterness from his reveal and a general annoyance at the amount of FE characters, though there's nothing I inherently dislike with the character.
Cloud's omission was also deliberate. I don't have anything against third parties, but not only does Cloud not make me think of Nintendo, in my mind he actively represents the Playstation and one of Nintendo's greatest blunders (the CD-ROM debacle). That said, he's popular and his inclusion made a lot of people happy, so I'm ok with it, but if it were just up to me, he'd be left off.

Since I'm bored, I figured I mind as well give a prediction as well. Left it off the first time since I tend to be pessimistic about these things. Unfortunately, my roster maker is outdated so bear with me. The Fire Emblem character represents Corrin, and the two Smash Balls represent a Pokemon rep and an Arms rep.

EDIT: Forgot to add Cloud! Cloud is on this as with all the other Smash 4 DLC.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.37.41 PM.png

This is going off the possibility of Smash 4 Deluxe. Wolf (popularity) and the Ice Climbers (technical fixes) are back, and all DLC is included with the game. Added the Inklings as I can't see how they would be left out of the next one, regardless of whether it is a new full game or Deluxe version. I also decided to be hopeful and add K. Rool as a purchase incentive. He must have impressed on the ballot, and I feel like the Mii costume is at least some acknowledgment of his popularity. New Pokemon and Arms rep are blatant advertising, but I'm not going to complain about new characters.

If we're talking about a new full game, I'd add the following in order of most to least likely:
* A retro rep. Takamaru is perhaps most likely, though there's plenty of other possibilities.
* A new third party. Again, I wouldn't rank anyone high enough to specify them. Maybe Rayman, if I have to be decisive? Then a Snake return? Would it be crazy if I thought Geno might be the next after that, though? Ehh, let's be adventurous and say two out of those three.
* Captain Toad
* Ashley
* Dixie Kong
* Bandana Dee

I want to believe in Isaac, but not sure if I should be either encouraged or very disappointed by Isaac's disappearance last time around. Unfortunately, my negativity leans me towards the latter.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Admittedly, I left Corrin off on purpose. Probably residual bitterness from his reveal and a general annoyance at the amount of FE characters, though there's nothing I inherently dislike with the character.
Cloud's omission was also deliberate. I don't have anything against third parties, but not only does Cloud not make me think of Nintendo, in my mind he actively represents the Playstation and one of Nintendo's greatest blunders (the CD-ROM debacle). That said, he's popular and his inclusion made a lot of people happy, so I'm ok with it, but if it were just up to me, he'd be left off.

Since I'm bored, I figured I mind as well give a prediction as well. Left it off the first time since I tend to be pessimistic about these things. Unfortunately, my roster maker is outdated so bear with me. The Fire Emblem character represents Corrin, and the two Smash Balls represent a Pokemon rep and an Arms rep.

View attachment 129811

This is going off the possibility of Smash 4 Deluxe. Wolf (popularity) and the Ice Climbers (technical fixes) are back, and all DLC is included with the game. Added the Inklings as I can't see how they would be left out of the next one, regardless of whether it is a new full game or Deluxe version. I also decided to be hopeful and add K. Rool as a purchase incentive. He must have impressed on the ballot, and I feel like the Mii costume is at least some acknowledgment of his popularity. New Pokemon and Arms rep are blatant advertising, but I'm not going to complain about new characters.

If we're talking about a new full game, I'd add the following in order of most to least likely:
* A retro rep. Takamaru is perhaps most likely, though there's plenty of other possibilities.
* A new third party. Again, I wouldn't rank anyone high enough to specify them. Maybe Rayman, if I have to be decisive? Then a Snake return? Would it be crazy if I thought Geno might be the next after that, though? Ehh, let's be adventurous and say two out of those three.
* Captain Toad
* Ashley
* Dixie Kong
* Bandana Dee

I want to believe in Isaac, but not sure if I should be either encouraged or very disappointed by Isaac's disappearance last time around. Unfortunately, my negativity leans me towards the latter.
Hey I'm fine with keeping Corrin off, I'm not a fan either, and anything that he does that I do like can be done elsewhere.

As for Cloud, I see your point, but I will say this, I don't think any prediction for Smash 4 deluxe is realistic without him.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm fine with keeping Corrin off, I'm not a fan either, and anything that he does that I do like can be done elsewhere.

As for Cloud, I see your point, but I will say this, I don't think any prediction for Smash 4 deluxe is realistic without him.
My bad! I meant for Cloud to be on my prediction. I'll edit that in. Thanks for pointing that out.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Here's my roster.

For those who want a detailed explanation of which characters I've added and dropped I've provided one here. Just a heads up though, it's kind of lengthy.

Last edited:
Roster update:

82 characters total (counting Miis separately)

Note: This is ideal roster, not intended to be realistic.

- Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are separate again, although they remain as clones.
- Alph and Galacta Knight are also separate clone characters.
- Midna & Wolf Link replaces Beast Ganon.
- Ashley added.
- Wonder Red dropped.

Last edited:

Judd

Smash Rookie
http://imgur.com/gallery/hPz6v

The roster contains 64 characters and is intended to be a early Smash 5 roster.

Returning veterans (cut from SSB4)

- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

Cut veterans:

- Roy & Lucina (to fix the overreprensation in Smash 4)
- Dark Pit

Newcomers: (short explanations)

• Captain Toad: He is my first choice for a new character from the Mario universe, but I would give him his own franchise in Smash. Toadette should be a costume. His game was very popular so I think he would deserve a slot.
  • Zelda Rep: I would like to get a new Zelda rep in this game. I chose Impa for this roster, but I would like Wolf-Link + Midna and Skull Kid too. Just something else than Link, Zelda and Captain Falcon 2.0
  • Ridley: Although this isn't very realistic, Ridley still deserves to be in the game imo. Dark Samus as a third metroid rep would be horrible.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: He sure is the fourth most important Kirby character by far. One of the popular choices in the Smash Ballot. After getting no new rep in SSB4, Kirby deserves another one imo. Bandana Waddle Dee would be the first speer user in the game, which would make him very unique
  • Lopunny: Probably the most controversial choice in my roster. We already have one pokemon from generation 4 and Lopunny isn't as iconic as Charizard, Pikachu and Greninja. But I wanted to add a humanoid pokemon to the roster. I chose this pokemon because Lopunny wasn't represented in Pokken Tournament and I think it deserves to be playable in fighting game. Lopunny became really popular in Gen 6, being one of the 3 most used mega evolutions excluding the Uber megas. If Lopunny gets added to Pokken, I will replace her with Decidueye
  • Takamaru: Sakurai already planned to add him 2 times, but he was cut due to his lack of popularity. I still think that he would be the best choice for the next retro rep and maybe, Sakurai will change his mind and add him this time.
  • Inklings: The most obvious choice for a newcomer. The biggest new franchise Nintendo created in the last years. The girl should be the default.
  • Jibanyan: I would say that Yokai-Watch is Nintendos 2nd biggest new hit in the last years. I think over 10 million sold copies in about 3 years should clarify why Yokai Watch deserves one rep. (Outselling Fire Emblem easily lol). Jibanyan ithe mascot of the series. You can find merchandise of him and Komasan everywhere.
  • Tom Nook: I chose him over Isabelle because I think he is more fitting in a fighting game than Isabelle. Being in Villagers Final Smash is no problem. he can easily be removed from it, letting Timmy and Tommy doing the job alone. Sakurai said that the Mii costumes were mostly used for characters of which he couldn't find a moveset for. Both Isabelle and K.K got a Mii costume, while Tom Nook didn't get one. This could mean that he could create a moveset for him more easily than doing it for Isabelle and K.K

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say...

Some of you guys seem a little too cut happy.

If Brawl and Smash 4 are anything to go by, most of the common cuts will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom