• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I gotta say...

Some of you guys seem a little too cut happy.

If Brawl and Smash 4 are anything to go by, most of the common cuts will stay.
If that bothers you, my roster will probably give you an aneurysm.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say...

Some of you guys seem a little too cut happy.

If Brawl and Smash 4 are anything to go by, most of the common cuts will stay.
To be fair, many of these rosters are what people want to see, not expect, so they are certainly welcome to cut whomever they well please. Some people are more clear than others at identifying which kind of roster they are going for. Totally agree that a lot of these rosters are giving too many cuts if they are meant to be true predictions, though.

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet

Here is my roster, the yellow borders are for DLC characters, there are 2 E-shop icons, these are 2 more DLC characters that i can't think of any character to join there, you guys can discuss about it, red are for secret characters (Galacta Knight would be like a Falco/Fox Roy/Marth that thing. I can give explanation if you guys want but (i think) most of these are obvious choices!

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

Here is my roster, the yellow borders are for DLC characters, there are 2 E-shop icons, these are 2 more DLC characters that i can't think of any character to join there, you guys can discuss about it, red are for secret characters (Galacta Knight would be like a Falco/Fox Roy/Marth that thing. I can give explanation if you guys want but (i think) most of these are obvious choices!
The way the roster is organized, or rather the lack thereof, is really weird, but aside from that I really like your choices. I personally think there are a few unrealistic picks, but I can't say there any I'd be against.

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
The way the roster is organized, or rather the lack thereof, is really weird, but aside from that I really like your choices. I personally think there are a few unrealistic picks, but I can't say there any I'd be against.
Yea, i already knew about that, i'm pretty bad with organizating roster soo i tried to do something like: Order of franchise - Secret/Retro Characters - All Stars and New Released franchises - DLC that is what i came up, but it ended up weird...

D

Deleted member

You know what makes me sad about most of these rosters?

The lack of a second Xenoblade character.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Mostly it'd be the roster we currently have, but without a doubt there are additions/subtractions I would make on my wishlist.

Gone without a doubt:

-Dr. Mario (reduced to alternate costume for Mario)
-Robin
-Lucina (reduced to alternate skin for Marth)
-Corrin
-Roy
-Warioware Wario (reduced to alternate skin)
-Lucario (reduced to pokeball pokemon)
-Dark Pit (reduced to assist trophy)
-ROB (reduced to assist trophy)

Some I'd CONSIDER Cutting:

-Bowser Jr. & Koopalings (reduced to assist trophy)
-Wii Fit Trainer (reduced to assist trophy)
-Olimar (reduced to assist trophy, and canonically his tiny size)
-Jigglypuff
-Greninja
-Duck Hunt

Guaranteed Nintendo Newcomers:

-Wario Land Wario (WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!)
-Mona (Warioware)
-Lip (Panel de Pon)
-Kumatora (Mother 3)
-F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
-Pokemon Sun/Moon newcomer (probably an Ultra Beast)
-Inklings
-Some new FE protagonist

Some newcomers I'd consider (would only select three):

-Hades (Kid Icarus)
-Samurai Goroh, Pico or Black Shadow (F-Zero)
-Viridi (Kid Icarus)
-Lark (Pilotwings)
-King K. Rool or Funky Kong
-Takamaru

Guaranteed Third Party Newcomers:

-Dr. Eggman or Knuckles
-Ganbare Goemon
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Earthworm Jim

Third Party Newcomers I'd Consider:

-Bomberman
-Klonoa
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

Returning:

-Snake
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet

In my opinion, it's because xenoblade isn't that popular, 70% of people (and me) when watched the trailer of shulk were like: "Who is that?" Well, most of new characters i was like this but still, some characters like Palutena i recognized, so that is why i think we won't get a new xenoblade character.

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
Mostly it'd be the roster we currently have, but without a doubt there are additions/subtractions I would make on my wishlist.

Gone without a doubt:

-Robin
-Corrin
-Roy

-Jigglypuff
-Greninja
-Duck Hunt

-Mona (Warioware)
-Lip (Panel de Pon)
-Kumatora (Mother 3)
-F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
-Inklings
-Some new FE protagonist

-Hades (Kid Icarus)
-Viridi (Kid Icarus)
-Lark (Pilotwings)
-Takamaru

-Dr. Eggman or Knuckles
-Ganbare Goemon
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Earthworm Jim

-Bomberman
-Klonoa
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

Returning:

-Snake
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
I must disagree with you on almost everything. Cutting 3 fire emblems characters? I think that is too much... In my vision, Robin is safe now, maybe Roy will stay but Corrin... He may go away. Yes, i would like a new F-Zero character but i don't think that is possible, since now it's a dead franchise that may not get a new game for a LONG time... But, Viridi and King K rool would be cool to join the roster, but since King K rool hasn't appear in like, 10 years i think dixie kong would be better... And instead of Knuckles i would choose Shadow, because he is way popular like a "Clone" of sonic (in the game he would be diferent) And inklings are like 100% chance to join, for me they are like "Insta-confirmed" And i woudln't cut Dark Pit because he is a bit popular in Kid Icarus Fans...

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, it's because xenoblade isn't that popular, 70% of people (and me) when watched the trailer of shulk were like: "Who is that?" Well, most of new characters i was like this but still, some characters like Palutena i recognized, so that is why i think we won't get a new xenoblade character.
What you said also applied to Fire Emblem before Awakening, and look at now.

Also I guess it's because we barely know anything about Xenoblade 2 that make people still in limbo about it.
Still, I don't get how the Xenoblade series should not get a newcomer, as it is a series much like Fire Emblem and Mother where protagonists are not the same in every games and it is getting a game on every Nintendo systems since the first one in 2010 on the Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I must disagree with you on almost everything. Cutting 3 fire emblems characters? I think that is too much... In my vision, Robin is safe now, maybe Roy will stay but Corrin... He may go away. Yes, i would like a new F-Zero character but i don't think that is possible, since now it's a dead franchise that may not get a new game for a LONG time... But, Viridi and King K rool would be cool to join the roster, but since King K rool hasn't appear in like, 10 years i think dixie kong would be better... And instead of Knuckles i would choose Shadow, because he is way popular like a "Clone" of sonic (in the game he would be diferent) And inklings are like 100% chance to join, for me they are like "Insta-confirmed" And i woudln't cut Dark Pit because he is a bit popular in Kid Icarus Fans...
And I disagree with you on almost everything. We don't need 6 Fire Emblem characters. Even Zelda doesn't have that many and it's arguably Nintendo's biggest franchise. I was seriously considering chopping it down to two but I knew how much FE fanboys would complain so three is the most I could give them.

Whether or not F-Zero is a "dead franchise" is irrelevant to whether or not a new character from it gets in Smash. Megaman hasn't had a new game in ages and he got in based on notability alone. Nintendo has free reign over their own franchises and can put in whoever they'd like from their own games.

And in all honesty, I don't really like Viridi or K. Rool at all, I'd only consider adding K. Rool if we needed more villains since he seems to be popular. But my preference would be Funky Kong. And adding another clone character is literally EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid with this list. You may notice that I chopped out nearly all the clone characters with the exception of Toon Link because he's different enough from regular Link to warrant his inclusion. The last thing I want is a Sonic clone. Knuckles has more potential as he would necessarily have a very different moveset to Sonic and is one of the more iconic Sonic protagonists (the "& Knuckles" subtitle being a meme now), but I'd lean more towards Dr. Eggman simply because he'd be way more unique and another super-heavyweight to rival Bowser, not to mention being a villain.

And I do not at all apologize for cutting Dark Pit. He is the least interesting character of anyone from KI:U, and just another dumb clone. I'd leave him as an alternate skin for Pit at best.

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
And I disagree with you on almost everything. We don't need 6 Fire Emblem characters. Even Zelda doesn't have that many and it's arguably Nintendo's biggest franchise. I was seriously considering chopping it down to two but I knew how much FE fanboys would complain so three is the most I could give them.

Whether or not F-Zero is a "dead franchise" is irrelevant to whether or not a new character from it gets in Smash. Megaman hasn't had a new game in ages and he got in based on notability alone. Nintendo has free reign over their own franchises and can put in whoever they'd like from their own games.

And in all honesty, I don't really like Viridi or K. Rool at all, I'd only consider adding K. Rool if we needed more villains since he seems to be popular. But my preference would be Funky Kong. And adding another clone character is literally EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid with this list. You may notice that I chopped out nearly all the clone characters with the exception of Toon Link because he's different enough from regular Link to warrant his inclusion. The last thing I want is a Sonic clone. Knuckles has more potential as he would necessarily have a very different moveset to Sonic and is one of the more iconic Sonic protagonists (the "& Knuckles" subtitle being a meme now), but I'd lean more towards Dr. Eggman simply because he'd be way more unique and another super-heavyweight to rival Bowser, not to mention being a villain.

And I do not at all apologize for cutting Dark Pit. He is the least interesting character of anyone from KI:U, and just another dumb clone. I'd leave him as an alternate skin for Pit at best.
Yes, but Roy is pretty popular on competitive players, many people would be sad to seem he go, but about Pittoo he could be de-cloned instead of cutted.

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
What you said also applied to Fire Emblem before Awakening, and look at now.

Also I guess it's because we barely know anything about Xenoblade 2 people that make people still in limbo about it
Still, I don't get how the Xenoblade series should not get a newcomer, as it is a series much like Fire Emblem and Mother where protagonists are not the same in every games and it is getting a game on every Nintendo systems since the first one in 2010 on the Wii.
Good point, but i think we should wait for a new xenoblade game. But if it's going to be only a port... I don't think we've got any chance of getting a new xenoblade character, but if it's a entire new game... We may get 2 or 1 new character for it

Staarih

Smash Master

I guess people are still cautious with Xenoblade and whether or not it becomes big enough of an IP for Nintendo to "earn" two characters (not that I personally think "deserving" slots in Smash is a thing). I honestly see Xenoblade becoming a Fire Emblem sort of story now that Shulk has paved the way in Smash, Xenoblade X being well received and Xenoblade 2 building up the hype for Switch. At some point, I definitely see another Xenoblade character in Smash, it's just something I (and others apparently) wouldn't bet on right at this moment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd throw a roster together (with Smashboards smileys, since I can't do the Roster Maker on mobile). Not a prediction in the slightest, but more of an "If I Made Smash" one.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario:(Waluigi)
:4dk::4diddy:(K. Rool):4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:(Darunia):4samus:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pit::4palutena::4ness::4lucas::popo:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::143::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:(Decidueye):4villager:(Isabelle)
:4marth:(Alm)(Celica):4myfriends:(Chrom):4robinm::4corrinf::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4littlemac:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:(Muddy Mole)(Chorus Kids)(Henry Fleming)(Inkling)(Spring Man):4mii:
:4pacman:(Frogger):snake::4megaman::4ryu::4sonic:(Lara Croft):4cloud:(Crash Bandicoot):4bayonetta:

Eighteen newcomers, three Brawl returnees, six cuts (technically eight since the Miis were consolidated) all of whom were either clones, the aforementioned extra Miis, or characters I wasn't attached to, giving a total of 70 characters.

I think it'd be fun.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From what I can tell, you left out Little Mac, though I assume (going by your signature) that it was unintentional.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
My roster maker is really out of date, so here's my roster.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowser::4bowserjr::4wario2:(Waluigi) (Paper Mario) :4dk::4diddy: (K. Rool)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4corrin::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: (Waddle Dee) :4fox::4falco: (Wolf)
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: (Decidueye) (Lycanroc) :4ness::4lucas::4falcon::4villager:
(Isaac) :4olimar::4shulk: (Inkling) (Ribbon Girl) (Byte & Barq) :4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4cloud: (RANDOM)

60 fighters total. 10 newcomers and Wolf are in parentheses. No clones, although I really don't care if they did keep/add some.
Cut characters are:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:(Clones... Dr. Mario's cool though.)
:4palutena::4wiifit: (Kinda irrelevant now... 'specially Wii Fit Trainer, unless we get Switch Fit and she changes her name. Then again, maybe she'd stay as a 'Wii' rep.)
:4bayonetta::4mii:(Bias. I don't like these characters.)

I think that we're gonna stop getting so many newcomers and instead focus on changing veterans to avoid having an overwhelming amount of characters in future Smash games. Instead, they'll probably focus on balance, stages, and other features (like, say, more side-modes like Smash Run, special rules for 4-on-4, another Subspace Emissary, etc).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From what I can tell, you left out Little Mac, though I assume (going by your signature) that it was unintentional.
I did forget Mac...somehow. Adding him back now in place of Starfy.

D

Deleted member

6 and above seems like we're getting into cut happy territory.
It really depends on who was cut and why, honestly.

Cuts should be expected to a degree based on circumstances such as time, technical issues, or licensing issues (in regards to 3rd Parties mostly).

Arthur97

Smash Master

Gone without a doubt:

-Robin
-Corrin
-Roy

-Jigglypuff
-Greninja
-Duck Hunt

-Mona (Warioware)
-Lip (Panel de Pon)
-Kumatora (Mother 3)
-F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
-Inklings
-Some new FE protagonist

-Hades (Kid Icarus)
-Viridi (Kid Icarus)
-Lark (Pilotwings)
-Takamaru

-Dr. Eggman or Knuckles
-Ganbare Goemon
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Earthworm Jim

-Bomberman
-Klonoa
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

Returning:

-Snake
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
"Mostly the same," proceeds to cut over 8 characters.

I think you're injecting too much personal bias. I agree Fire Emblem has too many characters, but to reduce it back down to two is unwarranted especially when you're adding a new Kid Icararus character as well as an abundance of obscurities.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It really depends on who was cut and why, honestly.

Cuts should be expected to a degree based on circumstances such as time, technical issues, or licensing issues (in regards to 3rd Parties mostly).
Exactly.

Out of the Smash 4 roster...

• None provide technical issues
  • Licensing could affect 2 characters tops (:4pacman::4cloud:) and even then I think they're pretty gung ho about Smash
  • Only real issue is time which I can expect, but I think most of the roster will be put on the "high priority" list with only a few exceptions. :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4corrin::4lucina::4drmario::4darkpit: I can see being low priority and even then I think the first five can sneak into high priority with some luck.
:4palutena::4wiifit: (Kinda irrelevant now... 'specially Wii Fit Trainer, unless we get Switch Fit and she changes her name. Then again, maybe she'd stay as a 'Wii' rep.)
In the history of Smash Bros, no character has been cut due to irrelevancy.

Especially not a main character in a somewhat popular franchise and the essential face of one of Nintendo's most successful IPs in their history.

The reasons for cuts are what Golden posted above. Time, technical issues and licensing. Only exception we know of is Pichu. Who was incredibly unpopular (more than Dark Pit even).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Exactly.

• Licensing could affect 2 characters tops (:4pacman::4cloud:) and even then I think they're pretty gung ho about Smash
  • Only real issue is time which I can expect, but I think most of the roster will be put on the "high priority" list with only a few exceptions. :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4corrin::4lucina::4drmario::4darkpit: I can see being low priority and even then I think the first five can sneak into high priority with some luck.

In the history of Smash Bros, no character has been cut due to irrelevancy.

Especially not a main character in a somewhat popular franchise and the essential face of one of Nintendo's most successful IPs in their history.

The reasons for cuts are what Golden posted above. Time, technical issues and licensing.
Two characters were cut for reasons not relating to what I said, however.
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee:

One was outright replaced (Young Link to Toon Link), and one we have no idea about, but they weren't meant to return (Pichu).

Then there's :squirtle::ivysaur:, who technically were scrapped for technical issues due to being tied to Pokémon Trainer, but considering Charizard returned solo and they didn't, I don't think they were meant to return if there was no Trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
"Mostly the same," proceeds to cut over 8 characters.

I think you're injecting too much personal bias. I agree Fire Emblem has too many characters, but to reduce it back down to two is unwarranted especially when you're adding a new Kid Icararus character as well as an abundance of obscurities.
While I disagree with Josh's choices as well, he did clarify from the start that it was a wishlist, not a prediction. He could still try to be less passive aggressive/rude however.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Two characters were cut for reasons not relating to what I said, however.
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee:

One was outright replaced (Young Link to Toon Link), and one we have no idea about, but they weren't meant to return (Pichu).
I just edited Pichu in there.

And Young Link is a cut only by technicality. From what Sakurai has commented on the subject, I think he feels Young Link ---> Toon Link is more of an update to the character that a straight cut.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Exactly.

I don't know, Mewtwo may have won some respect and priority finally. Cloud is the one third party that I think has the single greatest risk of being cut and becoming the new Snake. Conversely, anything Sega related seem pretty safe and almost guranteed at this point (i.e. Sonic and Bayonetta).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know, Mewtwo may have won some respect and priority finally.
Well that's why I said I can see any of those five be bumped up to high priority but as it stands, Mewtwo was low priority for Smash 4.

Cloud is the one third party that I think has the single greatest risk of being cut and becoming the new Snake.
I agree. That's why I put him on the maybe list.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I would absolutely love to see Cloud become the new Snake. Especially if Snake himself came back lol. I miss the codecs.

If it's a wishlist, i've got no issues with any amount of cuts. If it's a PREDICTION, anything more than 5 is pushing it.

Speaking of, I have a prediction for a port. Obviously, everything from Smash 4 is back, and only a few newcomers and returning vets.

King K Rool- Heavily requested and popular character who probably did great on the ballot.

Bomberman- Super Bomberman R has brought him back to the spotlight. Another popular character with lots of requests.

Inklings- DUH

New Namco Character- Because they're the developers and have an ego to stroke. I want Dig-Dug, but since this is a logical prediction i'm going with Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Wolf- Easy to bring back. Everyone WANTS him back.

Ice Climbers- IF the Switch has enough horsepower to take on 8 ICs. Popular vets.

Well, that's my ideas for a port. Likely or no?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Likely or no?
A bit much for a port.

I'd love those characters to be in but it seems like an awful lot.

Also, I highly doubt we'll get Lloyd for a couple reasons but I won't go over them now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
6 and above seems like we're getting into cut happy territory.
I dunno, five, six, seven... that seems a pretty reasonable amount to me. The last two games have cut nearly that many characters going forward, and their rosters were a lot lighter.

If anything I think the more questionable practice among these rosters is not making any cuts. Or only one or two. That's far more unrealistic. And I know people don't like cuts and that's why they are so scarce on these rosters, but one or two rosters that are more liberal with their cuts are probably more accurate, tbh. At least in terms of quantity if not specificity.

It seems a given to me that going forward we will receive cuts both in excess of what we want and to who we don't necessarily expect, because that's the nature of things and it's what precedent has proven. With a larger aggregate of characters including near-direct clones, promotional additions, DLC, and an ever increasing amount of ones that don't belong to Nintendo, I don't see that diminishing.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno, five, six, seven... that seems a pretty reasonable amount to me. The last two games have cut nearly that many characters going forward, and their rosters were a lot lighter.

If anything I think the more questionable practice among these rosters is not making any cuts. Or only one or two. That's far more unrealistic. And I know people don't like cuts and that's why they are so scarce on these rosters, but one or two rosters that are more liberal with their cuts are probably more accurate, tbh. At least in terms of quantity if not specificity.

It seems a given to me that going forward we will receive cuts both in excess of what we want and to who we don't necessarily expect, because that's the nature of things and it's what precedent has proven. With a larger aggregate of characters including near-direct clones and an ever increasing amount of ones that don't belong to Nintendo, I don't see that diminishing.
I also agree that no cuts or one or two is not happening.

But how many cuts do you think we'll have exactly?

Cause I expect around five of so.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Gone without a doubt:

-Robin
-Corrin
-Roy
Just curious- why would you recommend Dark Pit as an assist trophy instead of an alt costume? He's pretty much one of the easiest alts you could make, to the point it would almost be bizarre to not do so since Pit needs a dark colored alt. Heck, Dark Pit literally originated as an alt. Certainly easier and more sensible than Dr. Mario and Lucina (though I'd be fine with those being alts as well).

Luminario

Smash Lord
Since Opossum made me realise I could just use the smilies to make a roster, I'll just throw in my 2 cents of a slightly realistic but also mostly biased roster.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario:(Ashley):4dk::4diddy:(Dixie):4gaw::4littlemac:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinf::4corrinf::4feroy:(Anna)
:4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Bandana Dee):4fox::4falco::wolf:(Krystal):4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:(Decidueye)
:4rob::4ness::4lucas::4falcon::4villagerf:(Isabelle):4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:(Xenoblade newcomer)(Inklings):popo:(Takamaru)
:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:(Some other 3rd Party Newcomer):4miif:

:4lucina::4drmario::4darkpit: all assimilated back into their source characters and dealt with exactly like Smash 4: if there's time at the end, they get cloned.
Inklings, Ashley, Dixie, and Isabelle are all popular, relevant and I love them all, so they're in. I considered Nook to also be added due to AC being a hit on every console but 2 might have been stretching it.
Decidueye and Mimikyu are rather interchangeable in this roster, as they've both got great moveset potential and are super popular. Decidueye kinda won out thanks to more being able to be done with it's body type. Either could also be good DLC.
Anna's got fresh relevance from Heroes, and she's been in almost every game. FE also needs less one-and-done protags. The next FE protag is likely a good DLC choice.
Dee just feels right. I'm not a super fan of them but the spear and parasol can be pretty unique.
Krystal and Takamaru are both a strong maybe. I didn't add Lip cause shes unfortunately lower than a strong maybe.
Xenoblade is getting rather popular, but I haven't paid any attention to it to say whos a good newcomer, so it's either Elma, that new guy, or that new girl. Hopefully Elma.
An ARMS character, I'd say Ribbon Girl, would be likely for DLC if the game is a hit.

I'd like to think they'd do something between a port and a new game where they just spruce it up a bit and add a bunch of new fighters, as Smash 4 feels pretty solid so there isn't much need to build it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom