• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Invitational Attendee 'Milktea' Publishes Vlog on E3 Smash Experience

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Warning Received
maybe youve missed the past three weeks where people have constantly CONSTANTLY been ****ting on Zero for his appearance. and its been much worse than some random guy saying "oh hey i though you looked better with darker hair '

so yea double standards, where were you then?
You're right, all those objectifying comments from the heterosexual female dominated smash community just reinforced oppression of males that you guys have been suffering way too long. I would like to join you in your crusade to take down the matriarchy once and for all, I'm sick and tired of this huge problem that is actively discouraging men from entering the smash community for fear of being objectified

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
pidgexero_one please, if you don't have anything to talk about regarding Lil's video, go somewhere not here.

I'm curious how Lil felt about the Brawl2 engine myself.

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Pidge is right. This "community" will gain nothing from making blatantly absurd comments demonizing one of the only prominent female smashers ever, for "wanting attention." I don't see anyone being mad at any of the male smashers who are blatant attention-whores. We are a predominantly male community of GAMERS. Gamer's conveniently, have a reputation of being misogynistic, beta-males. I understand that this is difficult to admit, but who you are "on the inside" means nothing. Our actions, and the words that we speak and type are what we are.

Our community, one that in the past I was proud to be a part of, because of our determination and dedication, has a chance to set an example. We can promote intelligent discussion, and ACTUAL GENDER EQUALITY. Avoiding or shutting down controversial subjects does nothing to advance our community, or our respective cultures. I don't mean that we need to "check our privilege."
I mean that this community has a lot to gain from dispelling negative stereotypes about gamers in general.

Btdubz, straight, white, cisgendered male here. I'm not worse than Hitler, but I'm also not a close-minded, blind, self-absorbed imbecile.

Smash Community, it's time to grow up.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
Pidge is right. This "community" will gain nothing from making blatantly absurd comments demonizing one of the only prominent female smashers ever, for "wanting attention." I don't see anyone being mad at any of the male smashers who are blatant attention-*****s. We are a predominantly male community of GAMERS. Gamer's conveniently, have a reputation of being misogynistic, beta-males. I understand that this is difficult to admit, but who you are "on the inside" means nothing. Our actions, and the words that we speak and type are what we are.

Our community, one that in the past I was proud to be a part of, because of our determination and dedication, has a chance to set an example. We can promote intelligent discussion, and ACTUAL GENDER EQUALITY. Avoiding or shutting down controversial subjects does nothing to advance our community, or our respective cultures. I don't mean that we need to "check our privilege."
I mean that this community has a lot to gain from dispelling negative stereotypes about gamers in general.

Btdubz, straight, white, cisgendered male here. I'm not worse than Hitler, but I'm also not a close-minded, blind, self-absorbed imbecile.

Smash Community, it's time to grow up.
Yes, because of one person commenting about someone's hair is literally the worse thing that can come out of this community.

I'm dismissing everything you said, even though insightful, because you wouldn't be saying anything if it weren't for this lame flame war we just had over Milktea's hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Yes, because of one person commenting about someone's hair is literally the worse thing that can come out of this community.

I'm dismissing everything you said, even though insightful, because you wouldn't be saying anything if it weren't for this lame flame war we just had over Milktea's hair.
How predictable.
Great job guessing my intentions for that comment. Regardless of what you think the inciting incident of my decision to comment on something that has bothered me for a long time, on both a micro and macro scale, my point still stands. Claiming that my argument contains a percieved fallacy, is in itself a fallacy in whatever argument you are attempting to make. No matter how small and insignificant you percieve something to be, from your glorious bubble of voluntary ignorance, that doesn't change the fact that this community needs to take a good hard look at itself, and what it claims to promote as opposed to what it really is promoting.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Warning Received
I really like the controllers right around here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAgF0mz_GZs#t=589

Mario, Yoshi, and Peach inspired. Were those made by nintendo or were they third party? Because those look so sick, but they will probably go to waste now that nintendo is releasing all of the gamecube controllers again. Even though they are wireless I would still want one.

And directed at the White Nights of Tumblr, fighting for feminism: I really don't give a **** about what you guys have to say, I stopped caring 2 pages ago.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
How predictable.
Great job guessing my intentions for that comment. Regardless of what you think the inciting incident of my decision to comment on something that has bothered me for a long time, on both a micro and macro scale, my point still stands. Claiming that my argument contains a percieved fallacy, is in itself a fallacy in whatever argument you are attempting to make. No matter how small and insignificant you percieve something to be, from your glorious bubble of voluntary ignorance, that doesn't change the fact that this community needs to take a good hard look at itself, and what it claims to promote as opposed to what it really is promoting.
Your point may still stand, never said it didn't, and my lack of knowledge on the subject of women prejudice in the Smash community has nothing to do with what I was informing you of.

This is an article about Milktea's in depth experience at E3, there was a flame war earlier about Milktea's kawaii hair or something, and everyone got butthurt over it. The debate of whether or not who was right or fact that justification was needed for their beliefs is over. My claim is that if there was no flaming to begin with and we were just commenting about Milktea's adventure to E3, you wouldn't have said anything like that out of the blue.

And you know you wouldn't have said anything like that if it weren't for that flaming those previous pages back. Why would there be a reason to say something like that? It wouldn't have any relevance to the article's meaning or the comments.

Anyways, long story short, war's over Soldier, go home.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Your point may still stand, never said it didn't, and my lack of knowledge on the subject of women prejudice in the Smash community has nothing to do with what I was informing you of.

This is an article about Milktea's in depth experience at E3, there was a flame war earlier about Milktea's kawaii hair or something, and everyone got butthurt over it. The debate of whether or not who was right or fact that justification was needed for their beliefs is over. My claim is that if there was no flaming to begin with and we were just commenting about Milktea's adventure to E3, you wouldn't have said anything like that out of the blue.

And you know you wouldn't have said anything like that if it weren't for that flaming those previous pages back. Why would there be a reason to say something like that? It wouldn't have any relevance to the article's meaning or the comments.

Anyways, long story short, war's over Soldier, go home.
1. I saw the flame "war"
2. You told me that you would disregard my argument. If you planned to do so, you would have said nothing. By posting about it, you acknowledged it.
3. I hate tumblr, keep trying kiddies.
4. X thing wouldn't have happened if Y hadn't happened first. Excellent job showing off your rudimentary knowledge of cause and effect. Try using it in a way that matters next time.
5. If you want to discuss this further, or anyone else does for that matter, I'd be happy to do so via PM.
6. The "war" hasn't ended yet kid. It hasn't even started.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I like how much on-topic you're being, Dahrem. It's great to see such enthusiasm over the next game, and I agree -- The game definitely feels a lot closer to Brawl. Hopefully, like you suggested, dashes and run cycles will be more precise and free form like in Melee by the final build. That clunkiness is really noticeable when you're trying to shield or stop the start of your dash.

Last edited:

King~

Smash Champion
You're right, all those objectifying comments from the heterosexual female dominated smash community just reinforced oppression of males that you guys have been suffering way too long. I would like to join you in your crusade to take down the matriarchy once and for all, I'm sick and tired of this huge problem that is actively discouraging men from entering the smash community for fear of being objectified
he asked for an example of this happening to a male in the community, i gave one. never made a comment about the rest of the crap being argued in here. deal

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Warning Received
Milktea, just how much attention do you need?
So if a top smasher does something like this, nobody questions it. Milktea does this, and all the sudden she's just doing this for attention?

Double standards much?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Enough white knighting, please.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Warning Received
Like this is the literal definition of radical feminism, summed up into one crudely sarcastic post.

So because males are in a supposed better place in the community, they aren't as deserving of respect as a woman would be? I thought people like you were against objectifying people, yet here you are making men look like dirt in comparison to women. I also thought people like you preached equality, but it seems to me like if the person is not a woman, he's not worth your time and you'd even go out of your way to do the very thing you preach against for women.

How do you expect anyone to take what you have to say seriously after that?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Warning Received
Off-topic in spoiler:
I stopped taking pidge seriously after seeing she's from Toronto. Feminist Indoctrination Central(other than Sweden, of course):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc

Not saying she is indoctrinated, but for me the evidence is enough, same argumentative tactics and mindset. Anyways, that's the last I'll be off-topic, as it seems like despite pidge's constant insulting and ****posting, derrit's warnings only apply to those he disagrees with or were bluffs.

I'm not gonna push it personally, though.

Anyway, wish we got to see more of those controllers. Are they just display, for fun things or perhaps bundles of what's to come later? They look so cool!

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well I enjoyed the vlog. It was neat to see their perspective on the tournament. Thanks Milktea!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I said, knock it off. Everyone who's still talking about this, on both sides, has gotten at least a warning for it. If this keeps going more points will be coming.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
You know what, I really agree with you on this one. Blond just doesn't look good on her at all imo.

:pow:
Come on. I'm really going to hope that this is just not paying attention to what's been going on in this thread.

We're not talking about hair color here, we're talking about Smash.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Warning Received
Lol, the pseudo-double-standard, rich. The day I see a smash player (or anyone for that matter) gossip about a male's appearance to the same extent as they would a woman's appearance is the day I win an EVO championship with my left thumb severed.
You're not very observant, then. People rag on M2K ALL THE TIME for his hair and it DOES make me mad. The difference between

"Why did you dye your hair whyyyyyyyyyyy"

and

"lol M2K is going bald he's a loser"

is pretty huge.

This whole milktea's hair thing is absolutely ********. On the upside, I've found some people to add to my ignore list. My browsing experience has been enhanced and tolerance has been upheld.

edit: that's what I get for making a post while viewing page 2 lol, it's cool

Last edited:
So if a top smasher does something like this, nobody questions it. Milktea does this, and all the sudden she's just doing this for attention?

Double standards much?
I question everything. You're a fool for thinking there was a gender angle to this.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What a feel-good video.
I agree.

Before my phone's browser crashed and I lost the post I was typing, I was basically commenting on this fact. I wasn't able to see the entire video because of buffering issues, but what I did see looked good. Glad to see that everyone was able to get along and have a good time, despite any bad history. Hold on to the good and forgive the bad, I say.

pickle962

Smash Lord
What's wrong with people noticing someone's hairdo? Not trying to stir the pot, but people are ALWAYS going to have something to say about the tiniest things and yes, that applies to Milktea's hair color as well ;)! Anywhom, nice to see female smashers here and there! Makes the community less of a sausage fest. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom