• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
cringe text meme time!

-When everyone is satisfied by the announcements:
"That's it? No bash?"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Master Chief is possible, but I'm a little skeptical of this rumor and him getting in Smash. We've already gotten two Microsoft characters as DLC. This would be the fastest a single company has reached three characters, with all three coming in the span of eight characters starting with Banjo.

We'll see though. Personally, I'm leaning toward Microsoft games such as Halo coming to the Switch. That seems more likely given all the subtle hints of a Nintendo Switch collaboration by various Microsoft employees.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there’s one non-Smash non-Splatoon thing I want

it’s Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition

volbound1700

Smash Master
Here is the deal, even with leaks out there, I would be totally surprised if any of the leaks came true. So no matter who is revealed, it will be an interesting situation and unexpected. There is nothing that strongly points to any one character.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is the deal, even with leaks out there, I would be totally surprised if any of the leaks came true. So no matter who is revealed, it will be an interesting situation and unexpected. There is nothing that strongly points to any one character.
Even if they are true, thats just 2 things of a 40 minute direct. That is very impressive, seeing as every other E3 presentation had most of its info leaked. Nintendo always on the ball for keeping surprises

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At least one of them is going to be real, especially since we are literally <1 hour from showtime. Someone out there's got the sauce.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I kinda am hoping for more Pokemon remake news. I love the look of the DP remakes, and I just need to know more info. Will they have platinums expanded story? what else is new in it? Can I please see Cynthia.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I kinda am hoping for more Pokemon remake news. I love the look of the DP remakes, and I just need to know more info. Will they have platinums expanded story? what else is new in it? Can I please see Cynthia.
I don't expect much from BDSP since they are likely to be 1 to 1 remakes of the originals.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't expect much from BDSP since they are likely to be 1 to 1 remakes of the originals.
We are just assuming that from the little info. But still, I am curious if we will get the Platinum stuff in it too, even if it mostly is a 1 to 1 remake, which I hope there is more to it

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Final predictions before the Direct

New Game Announcements
  • Monolith's next project
  • Kirby
  • Donkey Kong
  • 2D Metroid
  • Zelda Collection
  • Super Mario Party 2
Updates for announced games
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Neo The World Ends With You
  • Mario Golf
  • Pokemon BD/SP
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Splatoon 3
DLC updates
  • Smash
  • Animal Crossing

D

Deleted member

I suppose I should upgrade to a Nintendo Switch Lite. I think it should better my Nintendo experience to whatever game that I could possibly like from E3. One of my joy cons are broken and it tends to directionally navigate 50% of the time on it own. So, I've decided to buy one at the end of this month.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My ankle works at Nintendo, the new DK game will feature a jungle environment at night, with glowing bananas... they are partially peeled and the glow comes out from the inside of the banana, the part without the peel (it's a lime colored light). They can be collected like regular bananas, I'm not sure if they replace normal bananas all together of if the two types coexist in the game. An ancient temple with a mural might be involved in the story of the game but I'm not sure. Now I have to ask my source for more informations, just wait about 40 minutes and I'll be back with more leaks... oh wait.

zferolie

Smash Hero
My ankle works at Nintendo, the new DK game will feature a jungle environment at night, with glowing bananas... they are partially peeled and the glow comes out from the inside of the banana, the part without the peel (it's a lime colored light). They can be collected like regular bananas, I'm not sure if they replace normal bananas all together of if the two types coexist in the game. An ancient temple with a mural might be involved in the story of the game but I'm not sure. Now I have to ask my source for more informations, just wait about 40 minutes and I'll be back with more leaks... oh wait.
so only your Ankle works there, but not the rest of your body? Pretty impressive Ankle

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, hoping the character or characters revealed are up my alley.

Also, maybe, just maybe a bit of Metroid, but I'm betting that'll probably not be at this E3.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, feels surreal tbh.

Honestly I don't need much to be satisfied here, just give me BOTW2 and/or a neato Smash character, and I'll be good to go

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jesus, the start of E3 streams always looked like that? All it's missing is some toked dude yelling "GAMIIIIING" in the background.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"It's been a whirlwind and so many great announcements" huh?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Final predictions before the Direct

New Game Announcements
  • Monolith's next project
  • Kirby
  • Donkey Kong
  • 2D Metroid
  • Zelda Collection
  • Super Mario Party 2
Updates for announced games
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Neo The World Ends With You
  • Mario Golf
  • Pokemon BD/SP
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Splatoon 3
DLC updates
  • Smash
  • Animal Crossing
It is pretty much guaranteed that we will also be getting DLC for the new Hyrule Warriors as well. Rumors also abound regarding Mario Kart DLC.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So there's like half an hour now before Nintendo kills us, we go to hell, and we die. This will be fun!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My body is just racing.

Final prediction for the last time.

Swordfighter character and Master Chief

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Livestreams for YT and Twitch are up