• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So let's see there's 23 days to go and if we subtract that from the number in this countdown (104 currently) to the end of August, Smash 4 will release within 81 days of E3. 29 characters have been revealed so far and, including Snake and the other PKMN TRNR PKMN, there's 16 veterans to be revealed. Divide 104/16 means about a character a week. That'd be 45 characters total but I have my doubts about at least 3 of them returning.

What I'm saying is GIMME FALCON!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So let's see there's 23 days to go and if we subtract that from the number in this countdown (104 currently) to the end of August, Smash 4 will release within 81 days of E3. 29 characters have been revealed so far and, including Snake and the other PKMN TRNR PKMN, there's 16 veterans to be revealed. Divide 104/16 means about a character a week. That'd be 45 characters total but I have my doubts about at least 3 of them returning.

What I'm saying is GIMME FALCON!
Half-Life 3 Confirmed

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You know what I could see Sakurai doing? After the fun Smash Bros invitational, the grand finals finish, the winner is decided, everyone is cheering, and then WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Appears on the screen with a silhouette of...well I dunno! Some Newcomer.

Cause I can see Pac-Man announced at E3 for sure, but I've kinda changed my mind on Miis. They're not that unique. They wouldn't really add much that the Villager doesnt already. They're both sorta customizable Nintendo avatars. Sure a moveset is easy to imagine for Miis, but seeing as they wouldn't really add much or be unique in any way, I think I've changed my mind!

Maybe we'll just see Pac-Man and Shulk announced along with Wii U exclusive mode, 3DS and WiiU working together thing finally explained, customizable movesets more in-depth, more surprises aaand a developer direct to delve deeper into these things including newcomers and maybe some veterans.

And maybe a third newcomer shown after the tournament in a warning silhouette shown off more in depth in the direct and show floor similar to Wii Fit Trainer at last E3, but I really think we'll see an even amount of newcomers before release so maybe a Shulk trailer similar to Villagers where he makes a big deal of himself but also shows off the game and modes and is a huge final trailer before release, and then we get a Pac-Man trailer after a WARNING after the tournaments done. Seems like a public stunt they'd pull.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're talking about this in the social thread. Any thoughts?View attachment 14304
Things wrong with it
1. The Gamecube Virtual console releases at the start of E3 meaning it has to be an early reveal.
2. Dates are given but not the "real names" of the games. Why would it have one and not the other?
3. Star Fox U is listed as a tentative title but not New Legend of Zelda or X from Monolith Soft. I doubt those are the final names.

If this is actually true than Nintendo doesn't make good fliers.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Things wrong with it
1. The Gamecube Virtual console releases at the start of E3 meaning it has to be an early reveal.
2. Dates are given but not the "real names" of the games. Why would it have one and not the other?
3. Star Fox U is listed as a tentative title but not New Legend of Zelda or X from Monolith Soft. I doubt those are the final names.

Maybe the names are secret until they're talked about.

D

Deleted member

The Doritos Pope (Geoff Keighley if you will) has a message for many people even though by now it should be obvious

Fair warning: A record number of fake E3 game reveals and rumors are floating out there.
Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo didn't make good fliers :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Things wrong with it
Nintendo has released games straight after Directs, so it is possible they could release it just as they announce it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Oh man apparently Nintendo's E3 is June 10th right? That's my senior skip day I can't wait!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because I live in the wrong timezone apparently I'm gonna invest in some caffeine pills.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Just thought of a new game mode they could announce! Along with showing off a vastly updates stage builder and sharing stages and pictures with your friends and worldwide online they could introduce customizable event matches! You set a goal, set which character you use, write a description, etc, and share your creative challenges with friends and the world! Then you can download the most popular event matches worldwide I guess!

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
July 18, huh? I wish it was sooner, of course, but that's also an awesome release date as well!

Top Bottom