• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Can't believe it's just next month. Has it been a year already since it was first announced? Time certainly does fly!
And we've only seen Three Newcomers since last E3, haha. I expect Three new this time as well. ^^

And yes, Miyamoto's New IP. Should be interesting, he's been working on it for years. And I expect to see a teaser for Retro's new game. Prime 4<3

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Personally I am predicting that Miyamoto's new "mystery game" will be revealed at E3, and then the main character will be revealed for Smash. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably troll around, but we'll likely see this character in Smash.
I don't think so, there's previewing a character in Smash (like Roy) and previewing an entire Franchise... I don't think they'd do that when Miyamoto's new game may not even be coming out before the next e3!

And yes, they've gotta give more information on the QoL device... I've had a thought that it could be a smart phone type dealy though (with fitness and time management features), and I'm not sure if I'd be happy about that or not...

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo is going to announce a ROB attachment for Wii U. You heard it here first.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Personally I am predicting that Miyamoto's new "mystery game" will be revealed at E3, and then the main character will be revealed for Smash. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably troll around, but we'll likely see this character in Smash.
I would actually love that. Especially if Smash came out first- everyone would fall in love with the character and then buy the game. Or if you're like me, i'd buy the game anyways...I fanboy too hard...

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Well, they've just revealed they're not showing new hardware, so at least they're not replacing the Wii U like journalists keep speculating. So much for IGN's rumour yesterday.

D

Deleted member

Well, they've just revealed they're not showing new hardware, so at least they're not replacing the Wii U like journalists keep speculating. So much for IGN's rumour yesterday.
Source, please. I want to rub it everyone's faces

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Somehow I'm not surprised about them not revealing new hardware.

I'm also kinda predicting that maybe GameCube games will make it to the Wii U EShop. I doubt that we would see StarFox Adventures or Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness though.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
On to more speculation,
Do y'all think that any playable characters will be announced this month(may) or will it be relatively quiet? Maybe Wario since mario kart 8 comes out this month I thought.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285

I'm also kinda predicting that maybe GameCube games will make it to the Wii U EShop. I doubt that we would see StarFox Adventures or Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness though.
I'd love to see GameCube games on the Wii U, but there is one issue. In games like Super Mario Sunshine, you could slightly hold down L/R to spray water while running, and all the way to stop and aim. The Wii U gamepad's L/R buttons aren't triggers. If they were to release GC games, a separate controller would be needed. :/

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'd love to see GameCube games on the Wii U, but there is one issue. In games like Super Mario Sunshine, you could slightly hold down L/R to spray water while running, and all the way to stop and aim. The Wii U gamepad's L/R buttons aren't triggers. If they were to release GC games, a separate controller would be needed. :/
If they were to do it, it's be simple enough to remap the controls to negate the analog issue. Same with all the other analog games. I don't see it happening, though - N64 will be next.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

I would love a new shadow pokemon game period, really.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm sort of wondering whether Miyamoto's new IP has got something to do with this:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/07/nintendo-files-code-name-steam-trademark

I'm just hoping to see what this STEAM - Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace trademark is all about.

Last edited:

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
On to more speculation,
Do y'all think that any playable characters will be announced this month(may) or will it be relatively quiet? Maybe Wario since mario kart 8 comes out this month I thought.
I think with the tournament announcement we will hear more about that then new characters in the lead up. Then I think the treehouse at e3 will air a mini smAsh direct and drop a few characters there, then the digital event will be the big bomb shells. In any event, very exciting month ahead. Ds version out not long after!!!!!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Probably not. But I personally expect Three Newcomers (PacMan, Ridley and Mii), and that's good enough for me~

I so hope that, if Ridley is announced, that he wins the tournament. :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I doubt we'd get any more than 3 characters (like last E3), but I expect there to be some veterans as well. We'll see.
Also, Three newcomers fits pretty well with E3.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I bet 3 newcomers are coming no more no less. And they are:1) Palutena 2) though i don't like it, Pac-Man 3) Ridley. In that order.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
View attachment 13424
(Sniff) Why must you make fun of me all the time?
Because you have been acting VERY questionable, from what I've seen. More Before than now, so by making a Little fun of you, I show that it's no big deal. So, it's a good thing! ;)

Speaking of Sonic, I honestly can't wait to see more of Sonic Boom this E3. It looks pretty neat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember they game isn't coming out at E3 so they'll likely keep their at least 2 newcomers under wraps until release.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We got 3. With the games announcement. The announcement [or when the game is first shown is the biggest part. They wouldn't make it more this time. 4 at the most, 2 at the least. But no way would there be 5.
That doesn't really answer my question. If they had five newcomers at E3, would it be fair or not?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
That doesn't really answer my question. If they had five newcomers at E3, would it be fair or not?
There isn't really a term of fairness
Ugh, sounded like Emberstoashes.
It really wouldn't matter either way. But it would be a bad idea to release to many newcomers. Brawl got low reception because of that, and we got our expectations too high. If you want to talk "Fair" why not have them release every single detail about it.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
There isn't really a term of fairness
Ugh, sounded like Emberstoashes.
It really wouldn't matter either way. But it would be a bad idea to release to many newcomers. Brawl got low reception because of that, and we got our expectations too high. If you want to talk "Fair" why not have them release every single detail about it.
...Eh? You've lost me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you want to talk "Fair" why not have them release every single detail about it.
This is a "Fair"

Anyway, I don't see more than 3 newcomers being revealed, let's say we have 12 newcomers, reveal 3 and let the others secret(wait, is 12 newcomers far-fetched?)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I still say we'll get a reveal per Direct Event, and given how likely it is that we're getting a Zelda Direct (new game and Hyrule Warriors.. though this could be reworked Ganondorf), Dragon Quest Direct (VII Remake and X in the west, XI in Japan), X Direct and Smash Direct, plus the main direct I'd say 5 is a decent number.

Add in the smaller possibilities (Mario Direct for new 3D mario game/3DS 2d game? Pokéon direct for the first X&Y expansion/Ruby Sapphire Remakes? Bayonetta Direct (that probably wouldn't get a character though)? Fatal Frame Direct? Indie Direct?) and I can see there being a lot of Events and a lot of characters...

Outside of Smash I've gotta add another game to my wishlist for the E3 reveal: Trauma Centre Wii U... The rumour hit my grapevine and now I want it bad!

Last edited:
Top Bottom