• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

TehSilentOne

Smash Rookie
"Char powers should be obvious based on the characters' appearance. Less emphasis on stats and grinding individual characters"

Don't know if I feel ok about this.
sounds fantastic. There will probably still be minor number leveling up to do, but larger chunky buffs ala perks / abilities that really matter more

Reaaally sounds like xcom. Fully expect a wii u addition in 2016; map would be great.

oooh lovecraft baddies. they just know my buttons

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
With no shame, I shall admit that I was skimming over the text, saw "Kirby" and started thinking that they were moving on to Smash news relating to the new IP somehow...#MustLearn2Read

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
YOU CAN PLAY AS A LION. WHAT. Sold. Doing this. So doing this.

EDIT: and the aliens are Lovecraftian. I can't even. Steampunk strategy and Lovecraft aliens.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
So, in case all y'all were wondering about Smash Fest:
I was able to get talking with the Nintendo Rep down where I was, and this is everything I got out of him
  • He wasn't aware of any other characters that haven't been revealed yet ( I even pushed him about it in case he did know.... no dice)
  • The Smash Coin giveaway is interesting. It's golden (as stated) and on one side it has the Smash Bros. Symbol Logo and on the other side it has the text logo.
  • The rep said that they've changed their minds about the giveaway, and that if you pre order it today, you're basically guaranteed the coin (I'm unsure if this is just my area or anywhere else)
  • Smash Coins will be handed out when the game releases, just be sure to save your receipt!
  • They handed out Smash Pins, Smash Stickers, and some Mario Kart 8 flags (see imgur link below)
  • Not too many stages and characters. The characters I can remember are: Mario, Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Fox, Marth, Villager, Mega Man, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Little Mac, Bowser, Olimar, Sonic, Rosalina, Pit, Pikachu and Kirby. Like I said, I can't quite remember all of them.
  • Stages I remember: Punch-Out Ring, Battlefield, Wily's Castle, Colosseum, New Super Mario U, Animal Crossing stage, Skyloft, and PilotWings stage
  • 3DS version ran nice. Mega Man's taunts include: Him turning his back to the camera with his face turned, his mega buster kinda exerting exhaust, and what looked like he just teleported in. I ran into lots of Metroids, Kremlings, etc.
  • Items didn't appear too much... I was a bit confused
  • The 3DS version is playable in-line, while you wait for the Wii U version
  • The 3DS version allows you to play Smash Run and play against computers for about 7 minutes. In the menu, normal smash is there, but the people that maintain the 3DS' are forced for you to only play Smash Run
  • The Wii U thing is a two minute match (no stocks or coins, just a typical match) with four others. You play with the Wii U Pro Controller with items on as well.
  • After all that, you receive some coupons and a mini kinda paper thing that promotes the Coin thingy, and the rules for it (see imgur link below).
Hope this helps for y'all! I didn't have a camera with me, but in case you're going on Saturday, I thought I'd fill you in! OH! And another thing, GET THERE 3-4 HOURS EARLY! The thing gets packed fast! Some people came in 9:00 in the morning. So, get there as early as possible!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
http://imgur.com/WY1GQHd,Ic3L4IB,Ix4H6Sv,FXIMTXQ#0

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Apparently Pit doesn't have a black-color alternate, so...Dark Pit's basically confirmed I guess if that's true.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Apparently Pit doesn't have a black-color alternate, so...Dark Pit's basically confirmed I guess if that's true.
Confirmed as what? An Assist Trophy? A character in a codec call?

Watch the Palutena trailer again. He shows up at the end. Clones happen man.
But...that still doesn't confirm him as a playable character...

---

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
As I said before, there was also no Wireframe Mac... I guess he's a separate character...

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
With Dark Pit, if he's his own character he'll definitely have a different moveset (to showcase the other uprising weapons) than Pit

TropicThunder21

Smash Rookie
As well as appearing in Palutena's trailer, Dark Pit shows up in her artwork as well. All the other newcomers' artwork has only featured playable characters. Whether he's a independent character or not, he's got a bigger role than a regular trophy imo.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I think Imissed way too much.

Can you do a quick recap? I know it's a strategy RPG made by intelligent system (yay love TTYD).

What else?
Made my IS, steampunk themed with Lovecraftian aliens. Gameplay is a mix of turn-based and action (third person shooter); four characters per team; not a huge amount of grinding. One of the main characters has a special attack that is 'super American themed' and uses a steampunk eagle.

Edit: Takes place in London with the backstory being that Abraham Lincoln put together a taskforce for alien fighting.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Anything smash related with this roundtable?Like the customization of smash 4!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
REACTIONS:
Codename Steam
Steampunky
Guy on a Steam-powered Motorcycle
Super Steam-Powered Captain
Comic-Book Style? Cool. No idea what EBA is though.
London-Known for it's fog (But this is ridiqulous!)
ALIENS. IT IS S.T.E.A.M..
Ooh, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars AND Xenoblade? SWEET.
Hitoshi, Hiroshi, Potato, Potahto.
Action Game. Suddenly I want said Steam-Powered Captain in SSB4.
Turn-Based Strategy/Action? Interesting...
Takako Sakai is a cool dude. B')
THIRD PERSON SHOOTERS? I WANT IT MORE NOW.
Oh, Lincoln.
'MURICA! I'M CANADIAN!
GAMEPLAY ONWARD REACTIONS:
Multi-Saves. I approve.
Third-Person perpective, I guess like Fire Emblem. ...I should play a FE game.
Touch-screen, as expected from a 3DS Game.
Yup, based off Fire Emblem.
No idea what Valkyria Chronicles is. :\
KI:U Style of aiming guns. That's nice. :D
No Map? That's OK with me.
2 Playables in the Demo.
Ah, you switch around, like Pikmin 3.
Still no idea what Valkyre/Valkyria is.
Steam Powered Mobility. THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.
Steam Pipes. I lol'd.
Hint System, that's useful.
MON-AY! ONWARDS REACTIONS:
Money money money, MOOOHNEH!
Not really similar, Splatoon =/= Fire Emblem
Time Units? DIALGA PLS.
More Steam jokes.
MORE STEAM.
Even more Steampunk.
I thought it meant Awakening.
EVEN MORE STEAM.
Metal Gear Awakening Steam Wars.
If only we could see any level at all.
This ain't Scribblenauts, Undo-ing is 4 chumps.
More bout Art.
CHARACTERS ONWARDS REACTIONS:
4 Characters. Seems fair. ;)
So basically, Classes. ALL WE NEED IS HATS AND IT'S TF2 WITH THIRD-PERSON ON! STEAM, CLASSES, AND SHOOTING!
Balanced Teams = Good. So it's like Pokemon. Sorta.
Jack :4kirby:.
RAW POWER!!!!
Primarys & Secondarys.
Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.Jack :4kirby:.
Henry 4 Smash. SOMEONE MAKE THE SUPPORT THREAD, NOW!
Elephant Bazooka = Makes Sense.
Personally, they prefer the Air. :falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco:
THE LION HAS A GUN, HIT THE DECK!
ALIENS! ONWARDS REACTIONS:
HP Lovecraft?
Ice, ice, babeh.
ICE WEAPONS. THEY WANT TO COOL THE STEAM, MAKE IT WATER. *Plot right there*
Henry, Lion (CREATIVITY~), What Does The Fox Say, and John. Best Team 2015.
Over-:gw:-Attacks.
'MURICA, FAWK YEAAAAAH! *explosion*
Lion has a Neko Twin.
Save Point = Healing.
No Battling = GOTTA BUY THE HATS
The Lion Neko is a Female. INTERNET ATTACK!
No Rusty Slugger for you.
AND THAT'S IT!
I am teh Hype.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
Dark Pit doesnt have to be a clone (besides the look). If you played Uprising you will know that there are so many weapon types to choose from. Dark Pit could use the Claw, Staff, Arm, and Blade, so basically use any weapons that Pit has not used yet. That way they both have completely different moves.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Lincoln creating a department to fight against aliens?

Please tell me I'm not dreaming. Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

This perfectly coincides with Lincoln's confirmation for Smash.

AMERICA!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Made my IS, steampunk themed with Lovecraftian aliens. Gameplay is a mix of turn-based and action (third person shooter); four characters per team; not a huge amount of grinding. One of the main characters has a special attack that is 'super American themed' and uses a steampunk eagle.

Edit: Takes place in London with the backstory being that Abraham Lincoln put together a taskforce for alien fighting.
so turn based but shooters?

Why do I feel that it can be really good?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I went to work for a while and apparently missed something. Without telling me what I missed, can someone please send me a link to it instead?

Top Bottom