• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Shog

Smash Ace
Since the beginning of the speculation, I have never understood the almost universal hatred for Miis. Can somebody please explain it to me? Especially now that they are getting different move sets, you can play how you like and look like whoever you want. And you can't deny that they all look like pretty solid move sets... So why are people cringing right now?
Listen Amigo, try playing Mario Power Tennis as an example how "whoever you want" is incredible stupid and ****(Miis, ****ing stupid Miis everywhere...)

D

Deleted member

I'm fairly certain we're not done with reveals yet. Remember WFT's late reveal last year?

Plus we still have that whole 3DS presentation. I'm still banking on Pac.
I was just watching the post event discussion on IGN, and Reggie told the guys there "to be sure to stop by the roundtable" and stated that they are going to reveal more surprises there, tomorrow, and at other places and times during E3.

THE HYPE LIVES ON. :bluejump:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in summer 2014."
-European website for Smash 4

EDIT: It's actually the Australian website that says this.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I was just watching the post event discussion on IGN, and Reggie told the guys there "to be sure to stop by the roundtable" and stated that they are going to reveal more surprises there, tomorrow, and at other places and times during E3.

THE HYPE LIVES ON. :bluejump:
When are the nintendo events? Like the Q&As and the Round Table? I know the Invitational is today though.

Blackmamba618

Smash Rookie
2 questions: What was the deal with the figurine in the mii trailer? I missed it live. Also, what are people talking about with wario and ganondorf? thanks in advance

juddy96

Smash Lord
Reggie has confirmed that there will be more news at the Nintendo Roundtable, and tomorrow as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Japanese site has updated, you can check the stuff out there until the others are caught up.

domokl

Smash Lord
So this isn't all the characters then. So we will be seeing info at the roundtable

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok Just watched it but this can't end like this right?

No seriously I didn't expect to hear nothing about ridley so... invitationnal?

Btw, Paper Peach trphy confirmed but again, I hope it's not the end?

And what is this mode with branching paths? Why do I have the feeling that there will be a smash direct before release? It sounds like they have too much to say.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There's gonna be 1 more character reveal if last year is anything to go by. If it's a Sal character I'm gonna be about sold on that leak. But that still doesn't mean there aren't MORE characters.

;(

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Well...
-Miis look good actually
-Figures are amazing for collectors
-Palutena is my most wanted character
I can't wait for more!

The release date is so bad for me though. Oh well. At least they test everything.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I guess Sakurai managed to make Miis interesting after all. Still, I hope the excessive focus on them doesn't detract from other characters. And Palutena...oh my God. Exactly what I've been hoping for.

I do hope there is more to come, though. A few veterans before or after the invitational or during the treehouse would be great.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ok yeah but what is UP with Dark Pit! He's looming in her art too, which makes me think less of him as a potential character and more as some kinda of henchman to Master Hand or...I dunno, something to do with a story mode...?

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Wario and Ganondorf were pretty much confirmed through the intro video. All we need is official reveals.

domokl

Smash Lord
No stage reveals……… no assist trophies………nothing on ridley……… WHAT THE HECK SAKURAI

D

Deleted member

The Amiiba actually look really interesting. They're not mandatory for anything, more just fun little accessories.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Meh day for Smash Bros. Good day for Nintendo as a whole. However I'm expecting a few more surprises, like from the invitational.

When is the Nintendo roundtable?

D

Deleted member

Exactly like I feel now. Did they purposely did that so that we have more question than answers?

BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE OPPOSITE!!!
People need to remember this wasn't supposed to be completely devoted to Smash, we already have 3 more things coming dedicated to it.

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
Reggie has confirmed that there will be more news at the Nintendo Roundtable, and tomorrow as well.
This. He said on the IGN stream where he was a guest that they see E3 as a week long thing so they'll definitely be releasing more Nintendo info. He also specifically said that there are plenty more surprises (in general not just for E3 I assume) for Smash. So keep that hype!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This. He said on the IGN stream where he was a guest that they see E3 as a week long thing so they'll definitely be releasing more Nintendo info. He also specifically said that there are plenty more surprises (in general not just for E3 I assume) for Smash. So keep that hype!
Can I get the video of this stream?

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
I have the feeling we will get one more surprise newcomer later on.. someone big.. Mewtwo, Pac man.. or Ridley

Top Bottom