• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here's a recap of E3:

+Robot Chicken skits
+Palutena (Who WAS super obvious)
+Zelda Wii U looks neat. Along with Hyrule warriors

-Everything else...
SPlatoon is a minus? It looks awesome!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, expecting a third to be revealed?

If the Sal Leak is true, it'll be Pac-Man

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is the site updated or do you think Sakurai is too busy to update it?

Cause that could be an indication if Mii and Palutena are it for today.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I feel as though we'll have another announcement after the invitational.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452

The site isn't updated. Dunno' if that means we'll be getting any more or Sakurai is busy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

This man, woman or Robot has a good point.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus

I doubt Sakurai updates the site anymore, it's probably an underling. Especially if he has the invitational to worry about.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Good point, but Villager and Megaman were on the site before Wii Fit Trainer's announcement, and they updated again shortly after. I feel like that could happen again, because I definitely expect another character after the invitational. Whether it be a rather competitive veteran like Meta Knight or Falco with a new moveset or a newcomer like Pac-Man or Shulk.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope we get a big trailer after the Invitational. With a newcomer, maybe two, some veterans. It's E3 they should blow all out, but with that late release date for 3DS, that might explain why they're so slow to release newcomers.

When is the Invitational again? I might sneak in a nap before it.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Still on that 3ds release date. Wasn't the point to have people buy the 3DS version months before so that the Wii U sales wouldn't be affected? Now they are only 2 months apart. What is the point of them releasing them so close to each other? They should`ve done it for august or something if they needed more time. (Those 2 character announcements were cool though)

MilotheMayor

Smash Rookie
The finalist during the invitational plays Sakurai right? Think he might play as another newcomer? Pac-man?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain we're not done with reveals yet. Remember WFT's late reveal last year?

Plus we still have that whole 3DS presentation. I'm still banking on Pac.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Holy sh#$. Thankyou Reggie and Iwata, that fight was amazing. Also, Robot Chicken!?! That was so funny I was cryin.

Anyway, since he said the mii's moveset is equal to 9 fighters, and we got a palutena reveal. Is that 10 characters revealed!?!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Revealing 2 newcomers for your system seller for the Wii U this year would be a huge mistake. So here's hoping to something else even if Mii and Palutena's profiles are put up.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Still on that 3ds release date. Wasn't the point to have people buy the 3DS version months before so that the Wii U sales wouldn't be affected? Now they are only 2 months apart. What is the point of them releasing them so close to each other? They should`ve done it for august or something if they needed more time. (Those 2 character announcements were cool though)
Well there is still the possibility that the Wii U version gets pushed back as well, sadly...
THE SITE IS UNDERGOING CHANGES
Ah, yes, finally!

D

Deleted member

If we're going to get any more reveals, they're likely going to be after the invitational. This ain't over yet, people.
Well it might be but you know what I mean.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Come to think of it, the Nintendo event video was primarily to showcase multiple Nintendo games, not just focus on Smash Bros. Getting 2 (4 possibly?) newcomers is pretty good for something that's not entirely Smash related. We still have more events to look forward too; events that primarily involve Smash Bros. So maybe we will see the real action happen during those times.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, now that the...somewhat mediocre E3 is over, what time is the Smash invitational?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Here I was desperately hoping Miis wouldn't make it in... and they make it in 3 times. Y u do dis Sakkyrai D8 Brb trying to hold back my saltiness in hopes of another reveal after the tournament... which will probably be Pac-Man, another character I don't particularly care about XD

I mean, Palutena is cool, but it's nothing that wasn't basically confirmed already. This is severely underwhelming so far, gotta say :/ Perhaps the Q&A session will bring the goods?

Has anyone been able to figure out whether or not the Palutena leak was legit based on what we saw in the trailer?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
MIIS-ARE-CON-FIRMED CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHACHACHA!
MIIS-ARE-CON-FIRMED CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHACHACHA!
I-AM-HA-PPY! CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA!

D

Deleted member

So, now that the...somewhat mediocre E3 is over, what time is the Smash invitational?
4:00 PM PST my fine lad.
Were the **** is Mewtwo I'm not even playing .

You gotta be kidding me..... Seriously..........
We get it, you didn't like the direct, but frankly we could give less of a damn about what you think. We still got one highly requested character and one (or 3) that looks really cool. Plus, there's still the invitational, maybe there'll be something after that.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys, if you think that was it, you're being silly. We didn't get any veteran reveals and there's still the Invitational and the developer roundtable later which will probably both reveal characters. That's not even counting the possibility of a random reveal on the show floor like the one for Wii Fit Trainer last year. Get hype guys!

Top Bottom