• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly though, this one feel like a chimera of ideas that someone who read this thread had.

Impossible to analyze the text? Check.

Make it incredibly simplistic and not add weird things like a colors menu? Check.

Full shot of the screen? Check.

Believable characters for a demo? Check.

Perhaps, if possible, we should look into what those white things on the side of the picture are. I realize they're cords, but what kind of setup looks like that?

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Honestly though, this one feel like a chimera of ideas that someone who read this thread had.

Impossible to analyze the text? Check.

Make it incredibly simplistic and not add weird things like a colors menu? Check.

Full shot of the screen? Check.

Believable characters for a demo? Check.
I think you're reading into it. =P Let's just let this play out.

Shroob

Sup?
I think you're reading into it. =P Let's just let this play out.
The thing is, anyone who read this thread over the last few days probably could get a good idea of the dos and don'ts on how to make a fake CSS now from our analysis, and run with it. Considering at peak time we had a large amount of people just spectating the thread and reading what we wrote, it wouldn't surprise me if this was their way of creating a 'perfect fake'.

I honestly feel like finding the source of that green light will show what this was taken from.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
49 plus random would be nice, if you believe the sal leak (which i do) it would mean that the likely roster is either:

1. squirtle ivysaur are the only cuts, snake returns along with the rest of brawl and we get all of sal's leaked characters as newcomers.
2. squirtle ivysaur and snake are cut, we get all of sal's leaked characters PLUS one more mystery newcomer (most likely mewtwo OR ridley)

I don't want snake cut but i think he probably IS cut, which would mean mewtwo returning OR getting ridley is the more likely scenario.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This is my predicted roster if we are going by the 5 x 10. I think a 4 x 12/13 is unlikely because if they would go the column route, they wouldn't be able to fit the Mario Franchise into a single column with Rosalina.

Anyway I set the columns like this:

C1: The Mario Column

C2: Mario Sub-Column. Added Little Mac because he fights DK in Punch Out.

C3: Zelda Column

C4: Pokemon Column

C5: Sakurai Column (I would replace Palutena with Bandana Dee, but that's sadly unlikely)

C6: Space Column

C7: Old School RPG Column

C8: High Tech Column. (Ice Climbers are hard to master, and I assume Chorus Men would function similarly to Ice Climbers.)

C9: Other Column

C10: Special Column, 3rd parties, Mii, and Random.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

This is my predicted roster if we are going by the 5 x 10. I think a 4 x 12/13 is unlikely because if they would go the column route, they wouldn't be able to fit the Mario Franchise into a single column with Rosalina.

C4: Sakurai Column (I would replace Palutena with Bandana Dee, but that's sadly unlikely)

C8: High Tech Column. (Ice Climbers are hard to master, and I assume Chorus Men would function similarly to Ice Climbers.)

i literally just made the EXACT same roster, but with slightly different placements (same characters though haha).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
i literally just made the EXACT same roster, but with slightly different placements (same characters though haha).
I REALLY want to replace Palutena with Bandana Dee, but it is the most likely of the 2.

Shroob

Sup?

C5: Sakurai Column (I would replace Palutena with Bandana Dee, but that's sadly unlikely)

I'd buy this game today.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I disagree with you Hex. I'm now very confident that the roster would feature 49, if this is indication, Brawl as back up, and factoring in Sal's

First comes Mario series. This one is easy to understand, Mario Luigi Peach Bowser and Rosalina in Column One.

Lets skip Dks column for a second and explore the next, Zelda. Easy just like Mario, Link Zelda Sheik Ganondorf Toon Link.

Next comes the column Samus is from, one I'm going to call Retro Revitalized. Samus ZSS Pit Palutena and Little Mac. All old nostalgic series (well Metroid kind of never was, but it was part of column retro in Brawl) that have seen new life and revitalizations.

Cute Column is next. Kirby DDD MK Olimar and Villager. All share the same cute vibe as each other.

Space/Technology would be next. Fox Falco Wolf Falcon and Shulk. This is where this gets interesting. Why is Shulk here and not in RPG? Well we'll get to RPG in a moment, but these series all carry a Sci Fi feel.

Pokemon is up next, and tbh, I don't know how this one will fully play out. Pikachu Charizard Lucario Greninja are 4. As for the last, it comes down to Jigglypuff or Mewtwo. Basically, its senority vs relevancy.

Rpg is next featuring Marth Ike Chrom Ness and Lucas. Nothing much to say here, and is why Shulk is elsewhere, he can't fit in this column.

Next is Misc. What do I mean by Misc? Things that fit no where else. Mii WFT IC Chorus Men and G&W. All series that only have one rep, that have no real other choice.

What about ROB? Lets go back to DK shall we in Column Mario Spinoff. DK Diddy Wario Yoshi and ROB. Why ROB? Well he has been with Mario before in Mario Kart.

Finally, we have column 3rd party. Sonic Snake Mega Man Pac Man and rounded out by random.

10 columns each with a logical theme, 5 rows, 49 character slots in all, using information from Sal, our current missing veterans, this e3 Best Buy demo and the same grouping patterns of Brawl. Of course, we still have to verify the legitimacy of Sal as well as this Best Buy e3 demo, as well see if there are any more cuts. I merely present to you all, a possibility using the information on hand. Do I believe it? Can't say I do. Do I want this? Lord no, I just am pointing out the truth that can be taken from these leaks. Whether those are truths or lies, remains to be seen.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I REALLY want to replace Palutena with Bandana Dee, but it is the most likely of the 2.
if your curious here's how i set my version up:

bestbuydemoleak49Roster.png

Mario row/ other Minamoto-Mario ip row/Zelda row/SNES era row/Sakurai row/Pokemon row/RPG row/Space row/Other row/Guest characters row

note: im aware metroid and punch-out are NOT from SNES era however all 3 of those franchises got popular during that time and Mac has his super nes charge meter...basically im trying to THINK like sakurai here and i could see him grouping those 3 series together based on how HE thinks of them.

it of course fits the sal leak and the newest best buy demo 49 spots leak. i chose ridley over snake or mewtwo because mewtwo doesn't "fit" so good in rows of 5 reps for pokemon AND snake i just think is cut and Mii/random fit fine in the last row for "guest" characters.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Just re read back, my analysis post took a while on my phone. What green light do you mean?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The Mario, Zelda and Pokémon franchises would be able to fit if you sort the characters by rows rather than columns. Not that it matters a lot, but I do think that Mewtwo is more likely than Ridley as the last guy, and he'd only be able to fit in that case.

Either way, this roster would be fantastic for me. I'd still be iffy about the lack of a DK newcomer, but we can't fit all that much into it when taking the Gematsu leak into consideration, and as long as I get Ridley I'll be happy with the newcomer choices.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Not going to quote given my phone hates quoting long messages, but Papa also has made a very good, and as likely as mine, roster using the information we have provided. I will say its to soon to lock in Jigglypuff though. In fact, if Mewtwo replaced her and we lost Snake Ivy and Squirt, that also falls in line with RosalinaX and 4 cuts (49 and not 48, but they stated subject to change, and 49 is very close to 48)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Not going to quote given my phone hates quoting long messages, but Papa also has made a very good, and as likely as mine, roster using the information we have provided. I will say its to soon to lock in Jigglypuff though. In fact, if Mewtwo replaced her and we lost Snake Ivy and Squirt, that also falls in line with RosalinaX and 4 cuts (49 and not 48, but they stated subject to change, and 49 is very close to 48)
I would like to hear your thoughts on mine. If you will. Also wasn't the RosalinaX leak a text post on some forum? The reason I can believe Gematsu is because they had a source. Was RosalinaX as credible?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wish people would stop getting behind the RosalinaX leak, there's really nothing too credible about it aside from the user having 5000 posts on a smalltown forum, and iirc she didn't even get the Mario Kart 8 details right.

I don't foresee Jiggs being cut by someone she outprioritized last game, especially not when Greninja is here to provide the X & Y representation instead.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I disagree with you Hex. I'm now very confident that the roster would feature 49, if this is indication, Brawl as back up, and factoring in Sal's

First comes Mario series. This one is easy to understand, Mario Luigi Peach Bowser and Rosalina in Column One.

Lets skip Dks column for a second and explore the next, Zelda. Easy just like Mario, Link Zelda Sheik Ganondorf Toon Link.

Next comes the column Samus is from, one I'm going to call Retro Revitalized. Samus ZSS Pit Palutena and Little Mac. All old nostalgic series (well Metroid kind of never was, but it was part of column retro in Brawl) that have seen new life and revitalizations.

Cute Column is next. Kirby DDD MK Olimar and Villager. All share the same cute vibe as each other.

Space/Technology would be next. Fox Falco Wolf Falcon and Shulk. This is where this gets interesting. Why is Shulk here and not in RPG? Well we'll get to RPG in a moment, but these series all carry a Sci Fi feel.

Pokemon is up next, and tbh, I don't know how this one will fully play out. Pikachu Charizard Lucario Greninja are 4. As for the last, it comes down to Jigglypuff or Mewtwo. Basically, its senority vs relevancy.

Rpg is next featuring Marth Ike Chrom Ness and Lucas. Nothing much to say here, and is why Shulk is elsewhere, he can't fit in this column.

Next is Misc. What do I mean by Misc? Things that fit no where else. Mii WFT IC Chorus Men and G&W. All series that only have one rep, that have no real other choice.

What about ROB? Lets go back to DK shall we in Column Mario Spinoff. DK Diddy Wario Yoshi and ROB. Why ROB? Well he has been with Mario before in Mario Kart.

Finally, we have column 3rd party. Sonic Snake Mega Man Pac Man and rounded out by random.

10 columns each with a logical theme, 5 rows, 49 character slots in all, using information from Sal, our current missing veterans, this e3 Best Buy demo and the same grouping patterns of Brawl. Of course, we still have to verify the legitimacy of Sal as well as this Best Buy e3 demo, as well see if there are any more cuts. I merely present to you all, a possibility using the information on hand. Do I believe it? Can't say I do. Do I want this? Lord no, I just am pointing out the truth that can be taken from these leaks. Whether those are truths or lies, remains to be seen.
I REALLY like your R.O.B. placement logic, infact im now certain thats how those 2 rows will be. heck even rosalinas trailer was mario kart themed.

bravo i think you solved the mystery of "row 2", as someone whos been making a LOT of rosters to try and figure out how this should be set up for the past few months i have never once thought of putting R.O.B. there but its very likely. it would make the first 10 characters all characters who have appeared in mario kart.

here's your roster visually btw:

NeoZeroRoster.png

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I wish people would stop getting behind the RosalinaX leak, there's really nothing too credible about it aside from the user having 5000 posts on a smalltown forum, and iirc she didn't even get the Mario Kart 8 details right.

I don't foresee Jiggs being cut by someone she outprioritized last game, especially not when Greninja is here to provide the X & Y representation instead.
What facts did RosalinaX get wrong about MK8? I don't trust that source as merely enough as the Gematsu link because it is a credible source who has made some predictions that came true.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I would, but lets remember the mods earlier warning. We're straying from E3, myself included.

Mods, a question. Given this new information, and how much non E3 specific information we could derive from it, perhaps is a good time to reopen the leak thread in general in the Wii U section. If not, I must imagine this thread would deviate to far from the original purpose.

Edit: Thank you Papa, I didn't really know how to use the thing myself lol. Technically I'd put Mewtwo where Jiggly is, but that's more personal bias on a 50/50 situation lol

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
What facts did RosalinaX get wrong about MK8? I don't trust that source as merely enough as the Gematsu link because it is a credible source who has made some predictions that came true.
basically rosalinax just didnt really leak anything significant about mario kart 8, only said that inside or outside drifting would be different? i forget which one and now they are combined...which is sort of right? there was no real reason to believe the "leak" except that the person who gave out the info was considered "credible" for having a good reputation on the site. but even rosalinax was getting info second hand so... the person telling rosalina x info could have been making it up no one knows it was the vaguest leak ever which makes it hard to discredit but at the same time it didnt have any real reason to be believed either.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would, but lets remember the mods earlier warning. We're straying from E3, myself included.

Mods, a question. Given this new information, and how much non E3 specific information we could derive from it, perhaps is a good time to reopen the leak thread in general in the Wii U section. If not, I must imagine this thread would deviate to far from the original purpose.

Edit: Thank you Papa, I didn't really know how to use the thing myself lol. Technically I'd put Mewtwo where Jiggly is, but that's more personal bias on a 50/50 situation lol
I don't think we are deviating to much. We found a CSS, and how much it could potentially hold. We use past leaks to try and fill the character spaces. Most of the leaks we are talking about will usually always focus on an E3 leak with past leaks to back it up.

That's how I see it anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One thing...

This new CSS leak.

Aren't the character slots kinda....big?

Ridley confirmed, but I'm actually quite serious.

Neo Zero

That is correct. Brawls started huge, but as time went on, they got smaller and smaller to accomodate the roster.

If there's one thing I don't like about this demo leak tbqh, is its a bit...safe. I mean it would make logical sense for a newcomer at e3 to be playable would it not? Not like that means anything, its more just a side thought

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I decided to redo my CSS's positioning of characters. Here is what I changed from my original and why:

I moved Bowser under Rosalina because the Princesses would be next to each other.

I moved DK to the top because he is a more prominent series than Yoshi.

Wario is at the bottom, but this places him next to the 2 other villains.

I took away the High Tech column and added Shulk and ROB instead so they are now a 2nd Space themed Column. And because of this I moved them over closer to Samus's column.

I put IC and CM in the Other Column because they are more appropriate there.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Thanks. Looks pretty damn fake.

What GameFaqs thing? The text thing?
Yes.

I decided to redo my CSS's positioning of characters. Here is what I changed from my original and why:

I moved Bowser under Rosalina because the Princesses would be next to each other.

I moved DK to the top because he is a more prominent series than Yoshi.

Wario is at the bottom, but this places him next to the 2 other villains.

I took away the High Tech column and added Shulk and ROB instead so they are now a 2nd Space themed Column. And because of this I moved them over closer to Samus's column.

I put IC and CM in the Other Column because they are more appropriate there.
I know this is your opinion, but I just thought I'd give you my 2 cents as this is why we're all here right?

- Personally, I'm gonna lean towards Sal's leak being fake so I'm gonna get that right out of the way.
- Ridley, yes. I definitely think he's in.
- Palutena too.
- The lack of a 3rd DK rep is very unsettling.
- I know Melee kind of contradicts this, but I don't get why people think that FE would get MORE characters than DK. The only reason it ever happened on Melee is because Roy was a clone, and DK couldn't be cloned into Diddy. With DK's hugely successful rebirth, I'd wager that FE won't get as many reps as it, let alone more.
- Shulk seems counterproductive with 3 FE reps, they all fit the same category.
- And Pokemon getting less characters than Brawl is also unlikely.

I won't even get into cuts.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just get Takamaru in instead of like one of the spacies or something and I'd love that rooster.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The thing that's really got me is that I don't understand how the slots will push around. The top row's fine, but the 2nd row has characters in weird places where I don't know that it'd properly move them into themed spots.

For example, for Pikachu to be on the top line in the final roster, he'd have to skip past Sonic.

And for the record, the top is not in chronological order: Fire Emblem predates Kirby & Star Fox.

By extension, Brawl isn't either. This is because, it DOES copy SSB64's order (minus moving Yoshi), which WAS in chronological order (minus secret characters), but the inclusion of characters not in 64 messes it up.

Anyway, like I said, if characters were bumping around, Pikachu would still be *after* Marth and Sonic, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless he pulls some Melee Magic and swaps into the top row in a different spot when Luigi appears.

Otherwise, Pikachu would be the LAST column on the top:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Sonic, Pikachu

Pretty damn sure that's not happening.

So if real:
- Pikachu moves to a completely different location and isn't actually bumped
- The demo doesn't actually reflect the final CSS's movement in any way
- The CSS will not even sort of function the way we think it will

Unless I am missing something.

- With DK's hugely successful rebirth, I'd wager that FE won't get as many reps as it, let alone more.
Are you trying to suggest that Fire Emblem Awakening wasn't FE's highly successful rebirth? The game that had feedback that surprised Nintendo and essentially saved the series?

Series went away from the West and skipped a game, and the previous two before FE:A were remakes. It was also one of the most successful, and just happened, and FE's crossing over with SMT.

I feel like FE & DK are in the same exact boat. They are equally likely to get a new character, simply because of their return to the sub-spotlight.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Are you trying to suggest that Fire Emblem Awakening wasn't FE's highly successful rebirth? The game that had feedback that surprised Nintendo and essentially saved the series?

Series went away from the West and skipped a game, and the previous two before FE:A were remakes. It was also one of the most successful, and just happened, and FE's crossing over with SMT.

I feel like FE & DK are in the same exact boat. They are equally likely to get a new character, simply because of their return to the sub-spotlight.
Not at all.
FE's "rise" is no where near as significant as DK's was. DKCR, was one of the best selling Wii games and sold over 6m copies, in addition to the 3DS port selling another 1.5m copies. The 6m alone is more than FE's entire series sales, and the 3DS port was more than Awakening sold.

DK went from stuff like Donkey Konga and Barrel Blast to DKCR, a HUGE increase. FE's is no where NEAR parallel to that. Going by VGChartz (which isn't much of a source) FE sold 1.28 million sales (although I can't find an official source that says sales even broke 1m, on Wikipedia it doesn't appear on the list of 3DS games that have sold 1million copies despite the list being updated only a couple months ago). It's really, really not that impressive. And as I've previously said, it's no where near as significant as DK's rebirth.

Last edited:

FireGrey

Smash Rookie

This is an overlay of the With Anyone screen to see if the shared page title UI element lines up. Unsurprisingly it does. Granted, that's not a difficult accomplishment, since we have the precedent at our disposal, but it doesn't debunk it.
That back button isn't consistent with the music menu, not that the leak is very legitimate looking in the first place.

Neo Zero

Could it not simply be a controller difference to explain that?

Edit: ah the arrow. This menu is differently structured to the music menu however. For one, it has the lit up icons underneath the bar. Still though, it is a bit odd, but at the same time, no one could be that dense to miss an obvious detail like the arrow, especially when this menu uses the same styled menu bar.

Perhaps the blur could explain the distort?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

On the note of the back button, I quickly did my own thing

The My Music menu bar is of course shorter, but it's also somewhat smaller as well, and the button area is significantly smaller than the one on the online menu. The demo back arrow is more slanted than the sharp curve of my music, perhaps this can be explained simply by having a much larger surface area to work with. Basically what I'm saying is it doesn't have to be the same as My Music, because the sizes between the two are much different

Also this isn't make your roster people, Papa, Gamer and I made those analyzing this leak, the Sal leak, and the remaining veterans, not because we personally want to see those characters. It was made to accent both this Best Buy demo leak as well as the Sal leak using science and data.

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Nice. My only problems:

*I hate the idea of the Chorus Men and the Mii
*No Mewtwo

Everyone is seems reasonable.
Also, where did that Lucas artwork come from?
I think it's time we all just accept Mii being a playable character in this game, it's gonna happen we all know it. Also, what is there to not like about Chorus Men?! They could be like the most unique fighters ever, they sound awesome to me.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think it's time we all just accept Mii being a playable character in this game, it's gonna happen we all know it. Also, what is there to not like about Chorus Men?! They could be like the most unique fighters ever, they sound awesome to me.
I honestly don't think Mii is playable because what a dumb idea it is. Especially if you want to play on another persons Wii U, like in tournaments, it would take the whole point out of fighting as yourself.

Oh and an Elite Beat Agent or IdolM@ster character or both levels ahead of the Chorus Men, who would look terrible if all people played with him.

12 people on a screen at once like that? I don't think the 3DS could handle it.

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Interesting leak photo. Here's my take.

CONS

- Blurriness. Speaking from experience, it's hard to take a BAD photo. Smartphones and digital cameras are so good these days you can whip them out and snap clean crisp photos no problem. For me, blurry = intentional.

- If this is going for series columns, it's hard to imagine a ?x5 grid because the icons would be so small and hard to see. If this is real I can only think that series like Mario and Pokemon would have to continue onto a second column.

- The other confirmed menus seem more high contrast than this one. Using stark black against vibrant colors. This one seems too white I suppose.

PROS

- The somewhat weird character placement is consistent with a roster that adds slots as it goes, like Brawl. I can easily imagine Rosalina ending up in a Mario column.

In general, would be pretty convincing if not blurry.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Sal Leak...

-said nothing of Rosalina

-Animal Crossing Guy could have been Nook, Resetti, Villager...

-Wii Fit Trainer isn't an impossibly prediction (especially when looked at as a hardware rep) I understand it was still a highly unlikely guess

-Mac, Pac, and Mii were not at last years E3 and the latter two have yet to surface

-Mii's look unlikely at this point in time considering their seemingly stage related presence to Find Mii (Toon Link and Ridley are similar cases but not exactly)

-Mii's are part of personal stats

-Megaman was a highly likely 3rd party rep and could have been a lucky guess

-each leak seems padded with high likelihood characters, neither saw every character revealed

-pokemon from x and y had about, what, 100 options?

-Chrom, Palutena, and Shulk seemed like sureshots

-Ike's return doesn't deconfirm Chrom, but definitely shakes things up a bit

-Villains and females have been in high demand, Sakurai has addressed the lack of lady problem, so far we only have Bowser and DeDeDe, the Sal Leak does nothing for villains

-Pacman seems overly suggested and almost seems like a bait and switch

-Namco might not have a character rep at all and just has representation sprinkled throughout

-Chorus Men? Choir Boys? Choral Kids? No one even knows what to call them. That's a redflag to me.

-the leaks surface conveniently before big events

-leaks have some accuracy with poor precision

My thoughts on those Sal Leaks. Yeah they aren't dead. But they look like Glass Joe. Albeit it's Glass Joe with his head gear, but it's still Glass Joe.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sal Leak...

-said nothing of Rosalina

-Animal Crossing Guy could have been Nook, Resetti, Villager...

-Wii Fit Trainer isn't an impossibly prediction (especially when lookef at as a hardware rep) I understand it was still a highly unlikely guess

-Mac, Pac, and Mii were not at last years E3 and the latter two have yet to surface

-Mii's look unlikely at this point in time considering their seemingly stage related presence to Find Mii (Toon Link and Ridley are similar cases but not exactly)

-Mii's are part of personal stats

-Megaman was a highly likely 3rd party rep and could have been a lucky guess

-each leak seems padded with high likelihood characters, neither saw every character revealed

-pokemon from x and y had about, what, 100 options?

-Chrom, Palutena, and Shulk seemed like sureshots

-Ike's return doesn't deconfirm Chrom, but definitely shakes things up a bit

-Villains and females have been in high demand, Sakurai has addressed the lack of lady problem, so far we only have Bowser and DeDeDe, the Sal Leak does nothing for villains

-Pacman seems overly suggested and almost seems like a bait and switch

-Namco might not have a character rep at all and just has representation sprinkled throughout

-Chorus Men? Choir Boys? Choral Kids? No one even knows what to call them. That's a redflag to me.

-the leaks surface conveniently before big events

-leaks have some accuracy with poor precision

My thoughts on those Sal Leaks. Yeah they aren't dead. But they look like Glass Joe. Albeit it's Glass Joe with his head gear, but it's still Glass Joe.
In a way of what i see in this, you kindof explained why mewtwo still has s a good chance. King k rool as well.

Last edited:

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
Shoot. Explain. Lol because I would like to see Mewtwo and KK Slider Rool too.
I assume he meant the part about having villains represented. We have Bowser and Dedede right now, and previously in Brawl we had Ganondorf (a returning veteran for sure) and Wolf (some are on the fence about him, but I think he's definitely coming back). So that takes care of Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Star Fox. We are missing villain reps for some of the other big series such as DK, Metroid and Pokemon. Some people, myself included, hope Sakurai throws in their villains as well (K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo) especially since they are some of the most requested characters for Smash in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom