• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hahahahahaha! You all wanted Ridley, you freaking got Ridley! Creepy, awful, no skin Ridley!

These "leakers" are trolling everyone so hard.
Haha. The same thing probably happened to you when Pac and Mega Man were put into SF x Tekken.

Anyway, I have no idea anymore, and I don't even know why I care honestly. This has no effect on Palutena and Micaiah. So I guess I might leave.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Not trying to be like someone who want this leak to be true but what would tell me that the font haven't changed from the direct? But I guess if not, then fake.
There is no real reason because they look to similar for it to matter from an artistic standpoint. Not enough for it to change at all.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Given the time dedicated to menus in Smash games (not a lot of time =P), I don't imagine they'd pick a different font for Options and "Free for All." There's no reason to do that. The typefaces in the real screenshot are perfectly consistent, despite the varying contexts of the type.
You have to remember it's a demo. A different build from the final product. Demo menu's more than likely made by a different designer at a different time.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think so?

The fonts have tons of small differences. So it is very possible this is a fake.
So after all the evidence, a slight text mix up in the demo deconfirms it for you guys? You guys need to think stuff through. I'm leaving now be back later.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Not trying to be like someone who want this leak to be true but what would tell me that the font haven't changed from the direct? But I guess if not, then fake.
Any designer worth his salt knows that Franklin Gothic is for print applications. XP

Again, Franklin Gothic doesn't have Japanese glyphs, which is essential, since they're Japanese developers. The typefaces used in past Smash Bros games (and many other Nintendo games) have been Japanese typefaces that could only be found at Japanese type foundries. I'm guessing the case is the same here.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
So after all the evidence, a slight text mix up in the demo deconfirms it for you guys? You guys need to think stuff through. I'm leaving now be back later.
I find it odd that will all the small little screw ups we find, you say "a slight mix up dis-confirms it." What if you add them up all together though? I don't think a game demo would have this many small little problems unless it was all rushed, which it really shouldn't be.

Also I'm curious, do you want this to be real? Why are you pushing so much?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You have to remember it's a demo. A different build from the final product. Demo menu's more than likely made by a different designer at a different time.
If the demo uses UI elements that are shared from the product in development (For Fun/For Glory), why would they randomly change the typeface of a UI element that's already working?

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Nope. They're the same font, just different stylistic treatment. If you actually isolate the letterforms themselves and ignore outlines or shadows, they're the same. They have the same exact characteristics.
I see what you mean. I agree that the For Fun/Glory and the With Anyone is the same. However, the Online font seems to be a whole lot thinner than the rest. It looks like there's two font styles. There are also these same two font styles in the leak.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Any designer worth his salt knows that Franklin Gothic is for print applications. XP

Again, Franklin Gothic doesn't have Japanese glyphs, which is essential, since they're Japanese developers. The typefaces used in past Smash Bros games (and many other Nintendo games) have been Japanese typefaces that could only be found at Japanese type foundries. I'm guessing the case is the same here.
yaaaaay!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Dude first, I love you you're so useful there (btw I like your avatar).

Can you check if the japanese direct uses the same "typeface" that you're saying from the english one? that would be enough.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Haha. The same thing probably happened to you when Pac and Mega Man were put into SF x Tekken.

Anyway, I have no idea anymore, and I don't even know why I care honestly. This has no effect on Palutena and Micaiah. So I guess I might leave.
lol In my defense, at least Pac-Man looked right. He was just in a robot instead of fighting on his own. Mega Man though... Ugh.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I find it odd that will all the small little screw ups we find, you say "a slight mix up dis-confirms it." What if you add them up all together though? I don't think a game demo would have this many small little problems unless it was all rushed, which it really shouldn't be.

Also I'm curious, do you want this to be real? Why are you pushing so much?
Reason I'm pushing it is that the evidence lines up both ways. People look past that though as they are biased towards it being fake. That's why I may come off as someone who wants this to come true, because whenever it leads one way I will try to lead it the other. Why am I pushing it so much? You're the one that kept pushing for a Female FE rep no one has ever heard of over other popular characters.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Want to listen to cornered RIGHT NOW!!!
Gotcha right here bud.

Reason I'm pushing it is that the evidence lines up both ways. People look past that though as they are biased towards it being fake. That's why I may come off as someone who wants this to come true, because whenever it leads one way I will try to lead it the other. Why am I pushing it so much? You're the one that kept pushing for a Female FE rep no one has ever heard of over other popular characters.

Dude, low blow. You don't mock someone's hopes and dreams.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been watching this thread since this leak first started showing up and I must ask for people to stop declaring something dead or alive the very second it seems like there is evidence for the opposing side. You guys don't even give people the chance to counter-argue.

There is too much jumping to conclusions going on in this thread making it even harder to follow. Thats the main reason why this discussion is becoming annoying. :/

As for my thoughts on the leak itself, I'm not going to state whether it is dead or alive. I would prefer if that CSS wasn't so, but I would be fine with it providing it means certain characters get in.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Dude first, I love you you're so useful there (btw I like your avatar).

Can you check if the japanese direct uses the same "typeface" that you're saying from the english one? that would be enough.
Where can I find an image from the Japanese direct? ^^;;

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I was just curious as to why. And yes I am pushing for a character, that when Brawl came out was actually quite popular, and from a game that is well liked. She was pretty popular before Awakening came out, and it's plausible to think that they may have decided to add in Chrom later once they saw his popularity. All of this stuff can be seen in the Micaiah thread. Go read my logic there. What's the problem? I wasn't trying to start a fight. Sorry if it came off as rude.

And I told you before, I can defend Micaiah all day. Just tag me in the character discussion thread.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
E3 will be here soon I can't wait to see what new characters we will get.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I was just curious as to why. And yes I am pushing for a character, that when Brawl came out was actually quite popular, and from a game that is well liked. She was pretty popular before Awakening came out, and it's plausible to think that they may have decided to add in Chrom later once they saw his popularity. All of this stuff can be seen in the Micaiah thread. Go read my logic there. What's the problem? I wasn't trying to start a fight. Sorry if it came off as rude.
Sorrry dude, thought I felt some hostility there. No hard feelings.

Waddle Dee Pic guy is right though. As I've been saying this whole time, as soon as evidence comes up pointing either way we are too quick to deem it real/fake as we are doing right now

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lemme clarify a bit. The reason I think it's fake based on the font (sorry, I'm used to saying typeface in my industry), is because the alleged leaks seem to use a font that is common on most computers that you can buy. To be able to use a font that has Japanese glyphs, you'd have to buy it. And buying fonts is pricey. They run in the hundreds of dollars. You can find bootlegs of fonts that are pretty common in the west, but good luck finding a bootleg of a Japanese font.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Lemme clarify a bit. The reason I think it's fake based on the font (sorry, I'm used to saying typeface in my industry), is because the alleged leaks seem to use a font that is common on most computers that you can buy. To be able to use a font that has Japanese glyphs, you'd have to buy it. And buying fonts is pricey. They run in the hundreds of dollars. You can find bootlegs of fonts that are pretty common in the west, but good luck finding a bootleg of a Japanese font.
I think that's some hard hitting evidence, even more so than the 1 pixel off thing.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lol.... well I can't identify a font based on japanese characters.... so I dunno that this exercise is very useful.

It is interesting to note that the drop shadows behind the letters in "With Anyone" are round for both English and japanese, whereas in the leak, they're sharp cornered.

Oooh, also, the drop shadow behind the lowercase r in Free for All doesn't outline around the character like it does with the real thing. You can see the corner of where the shoulder of the "r" terminates, and it's not enveloped in black.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
So still nobody debunked the first two images...
And nobody can have sure that all the supposed "leakers" are the same leaker that posted the first two...
We still are going and returning to the same point.
Let's focus on this: THE FIRST TWO IMAGES. Someone please try to debunk them or prove them or whatever!

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
And the fact that any implication of a new character that hasn't been revealed has been shown in some cryptic way where they're cleverly cropped. To me, that communicates that the person posting the photos is trying to make us dance, which is exactly what we're doing.
Really. Anybody who frequents /v/ can tell you that the last pic being so clever about a reveal like Ridley's is indicative of someone pulling strings for their own amusement.

Reading through this thread has been kinda painful tbh lol except for the few level-headed people who aren't resorting to using hastily-established misinformation as arguments

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
And nobody can have sure that all the supposed "leakers" are the same leaker that posted the first two...
Let's focus on this: THE FIRST TWO IMAGES. Someone please try to debunk them or prove them or whatever!
But the font argument finally debunks those images.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I may have not played any ace atourney games (watched lp) but I love cornered right now.
You cannot appreciate the music unless you've played all 6 of the games (yes including Investigations, and I'll play AA:I2 once the patch is complete)

But that font stuff really makes me think its a fake at this point, there would be no reason to change it. And it's really been the font we've been looking at in all of them.

-Wii Fit Trainer
-Little Mac "C" and "M"
- And now this.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well the font comparison I did was with the first 2 images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom