• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DWYP 1 Archieves ( Merged )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Haahaha. You guys are debating in the match-up topic. ****ing awesome.

You know, you can make new posts for current debaters instead of clogging this one up. I can even move these post to it, since it is getting heated. Hell, I'll add a [DWYP-Safe] tag so all of you can get in on it. I had a good night.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Haahaha. You guys are debating in the match-up topic. ****ing awesome.

You know, you can make new posts for current debaters instead of clogging this one up. I can even move these post to it, since it is getting heated. Hell, I'll add a [DWYP-Safe] tag so all of you can get in on it. I had a good night.
Heheh. All in favor of moving these to a topic about the semantic implications of the word "Bigot," say "aye!"

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
There is a thread for this subject. CK, if you would move these posts over it can go back to normal in here. Yes the opening is weak, but with the arguments already on the table I didnt think much was needed.

This should keep us busy while we are waiting for the next round.

Also, are temp. debaters allowed to post in the Bigotry thread? It was started because of a temp debater after all.
-Edit- Just read the part where its DWYP safe.

D

Deleted member

Duke said:
Ok, I never really gave a main post. I was typing some ideas up on my first response post but I accidentally clicked "Post Quick Reply" so you were pretty much debating my rough draft. However, in the process of doing this I got some valuable information out of you to use in my real argument.
Duke, this kind of **** is why you were banned from the DH in the first place. Sargent clearly is the winner and you know this. Don't try to post that long (albeit decent) post days after the thread is over.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Duke, this kind of **** is why you were banned from the DH in the first place. Sargent clearly is the winner and you know this. Don't try to post that long (albeit decent) post days after the thread is over.
...is why you were banned from the DH in the first place.
I like how that is the phrase to say to Duke when you are mad at him. I have heard that sooo many times, and not one of them is even relevant. Is that right, Delor? Did I get removed from the DH for posting in threads days after it ended? Was that it?

First of all, I removed myself from the DH I removed myself because I knew it would make people happy. Why do you care if I posted 19 hours after the thread was suppose to end? I posted that for myself, not for anyone else. I hope that CK and EE count it in their judging, but if they don't then I don't care.

I have done a lot for the competition, I had to stay up to midnight to start and stop threads so that this competition looks nice. All I ask for my service is a little slack. If Sargent is such a clear winner than why is everyone getting so upset about my post anyways? Because it was a freaking good post. I'm sorry, I didn't know that Sargent was out of town, I didn't know that CK was going to close the thread 9 hours later. Infact, it took me 8 hours to everyone to make that post so really it was only half a day late.

In either case, I apologize if I offended anyone, but it really is none of your business.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I like how that is the phrase to say to Duke when you are mad at him. I have heard that sooo many times, and not one of them is even relevant. Is that right, Delor? Did I get removed from the DH for posting in threads days after it ended? Was that it?

First of all, I removed myself from the DH I removed myself because I knew it would make people happy. Why do you care if I posted 19 hours after the thread was suppose to end? I posted that for myself, not for anyone else. I hope that CK and EE count it in their judging, but if they don't then I don't care.

I have done a lot for the competition, I had to stay up to midnight to start and stop threads so that this competition looks nice. All I ask for my service is a little slack. If Sargent is such a clear winner than why is everyone getting so upset about my post anyways? Because it was a freaking good post. I'm sorry, I didn't know that Sargent was out of town, I didn't know that CK was going to close the thread 9 hours later. Infact, it took me 8 hours to everyone to make that post so really it was only half a day late.

In either case, I apologize if I offended anyone, but it really is none of your business.
I might as well let Duke and everyone else know that we are not going to take that post into consideration when we judge the debates.

And for future reference, helping to set up threads for a competition does not entitle you to ignore the rules of that competition. You're not asking for "a little slack"; what you're doing is asking for us to give you an unfair advantage over your opponent.

EDIT: And yes, we do appreciate the fact that you helped with setting up DWYP. Don't think that we're forgetting about that. However, this and that are seperate issues.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
As you may or may not know, Sargent_Peach is my room mate. He put a ton of effort into his side of the debate. He even blew off preping for a midterm (which he paid for last night by pulling an allnighter).

Duke- Thank you very much for helping with DWYP. Im sure any one of us will post the threads if needed. I really dont think that would hurt my debate in any way.

D

Deleted member

Duke didn't do much to aid with DWYP, in fact he bumbled a whole lot of crap. I'm not sure why you guys are giving him credit for that.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why you guys are giving him credit for that.
Simply to keep the peace. I know its not as fun when its peaceful, but I see where this is going and really dont want to read 5000 posts of crap.

Delorted you confuse me with the blue name. You know pink is so much hotter.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
A. Yes, Duke's final post is null and void since he broke the rules he set-up himself. No surprises there.
B. Duke set up the topics, messaged me when to close them/merge them, and matched up the work the Mediocre did.
C. This does not eliminate Duke to get one of the pre-finals opening we have in the Debate Hall. Remember, we will add one unanimous person per round pre-finals (I think that's 3).

Duke knows he messed up and he falls upon his common logic of shifting blame. But, I refuse to let that mar an otherwise excellent tournament.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Ive been reading over some of the debates and have come up with some advice. Dont rely on bias sources. Example, (this is just an example dont take offense) if your against gay rights its best not to use any thing from www.godhatesfags.com. Im sure a lot of people already know this but I noticed a lot of sources could be considered bias.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
You know, it's websites preaching that kind of stuff that really piss me off to no end. They manipulate verses out of context to fit their own cynical twisted viewpoints - and then force that viewpoint on others! I only hope that I'm never judged according to them.

And a definite no on biased sources. XD

Duke

A. Yes, Duke's final post is null and void since he broke the rules he set-up himself. No surprises there.
B. Duke set up the topics, messaged me when to close them/merge them, and matched up the work the Mediocre did.
C. This does not eliminate Duke to get one of the pre-finals opening we have in the Debate Hall. Remember, we will add one unanimous person per round pre-finals (I think that's 3).

Duke knows he messed up and he falls upon his common logic of shifting blame. But, I refuse to let that mar an otherwise excellent tournament.
There was no blamed shifted. I told you, I posted that for my own personal reasons. I was fully aware it was beyond the date. I don't see what the problem is, it's not like it was a dishonest thing. Everyone can clearly see it was past the 72 hour mark and it won't be counted.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
I really did not think this was THAT big of a deal. After hearing that the post would not count, I was very happy. I don't have to write a book of agianst his post, which I was getting ready to do, but would take a bunch of my already lacking time. (This is if I was allowed to have the final post) Sorry to everyone that got involved that didn't need to, its just unneccesary stress, and who needs more stress in their lives.

@Delorted- Thanks for having my back bro!

@Duke- Hope we don't have any bad blood because of this debate.

@Zephyr-LOL, I think I pissed my pants.

CK, and Mediocre- Sorry for the problems, and thanks for the help.

The Mad Hatter?- when did you change your name, I didnt know who you were. Of course, the best roommate I have ever had, nice to see you looking out for me.

D

Deleted member

My monitor barely displays the spoiler tags, I can't make it out. Shall I remove them for your viewing convenience?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
...Wow...I had no idea that even existed, but I don't think that it's right to bring up old ghosts just to further incite an argument. The stuff he did with his match and the things he did in the past are different cases. His posts back then shock me, but I look at his posts from recent times and I see a huge improvement. No need to bring that up.

Duke

It's boggling my mind that Duke somehow is helping run a part of the Debate Hall...anyway. Funny though. People change.

This tournament should be called Conservatives vs The World
You know, Delorted, no matter how much you try to hide it I know you appreciate what I did. Stop putting up this act to defend a friend or to follow the crowd. You are the only one hating right now, not even sargent is still going on about this.

D

Deleted member

I'm hiding the fact that I appreciate you left the debate hall on your own?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
No, he's saying that you're hiding the fact that you appreciate what he did for DWYP. If you really don't, then I have some serious doubts about your moral values.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Duke, stop taking so much credit. You posted topics. Mediocre did more with that facet and he doesn't tout his worth in every post. You volunteered to do it, I said I didn't care, end of discussion.

Duke

Duke, stop taking so much credit. You posted topics. Mediocre did more with that facet and he doesn't tout his worth in every post. You volunteered to do it, I said I didn't care, end of discussion.

If everyone was arguing that mediocre did nothing then he, or someone else, would clearify what he did. I have not claimed to have done anything more than what I did. I'm not letting this conflict die down until it is solved, I made the mistake of just giving into everyone's wishes the first time I was in the debate hall and I haven't heard the end of it.

I don't even see why this is a source of contention. Did I really do anything wrong? Why did people read my last post and immediate say, that dang Duke he is so deceptive and immature to have posted that late. What people should have thought was, Oh that post is late; it won't count. Whatever.

It isn't like I did something overly conniving. It is like saying, "HEY that basketball player shot the ball after the referee blew his whistle. Man, I can't believe the nerve of that guy." No, everyone can clearly see it was late and it won't count.

I refuse to be told what I did was dishonest and wrong. My previous actions in the debate hall are already exaggerated and overused in arguments against me on a personal level, I will not have this used against me.

EDIT:

I do apologize, however, for my actual offenses.

D

Deleted member

Duke, your johns are terrible. You keep changing your story around. That first paragraph in the post you posted late clearly had the premise of being counted. Stop trying to change that.

The reason why I called you out is because of this, and because I was going to reply to DoH's campathon but then you posted MINDGAMES DONT POST AFTER ME LOL

Yet you did it yourself? Sorry.

Bottom line, you posted that post in the hopes that it would count. And this whole "I accidently clicked Post Quick Reply 5 times in a row lol sry guyz my bad n u were just posting dum arguemantz off dos postz lol!!! " garbage was too hard to take. It wasn't conniving, it was just annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom