• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl 4! MK Banned! RC+Brinstar added!

Xubble

Smash Ace
Beginning my drive in an hour. I'll see you kids around 12:30.

Also: FOOD! That was never brought back up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
based on what i was told, the venue is right next to the carousel mall, which has a massive food court. food shouldnt be a problem.

just dont leave at any point where you might have to play a tourney match. remember, im very liberal with my DQs.

Rickyricarto

Smash Rookie
Fun time today everyone. I know I didn't do great, but what did I expect for my first real tournament. (For anyone wondering who I am my tag was Bouse, I couldn't think of anything creative.)

Looking forward to the next tournament in the area. Maybe I can win a game next time?

Xubble

Smash Ace
GGs, all. I thought I'd get bodied harder than I actually did, so yay for that. Congrats to Goggles on the win. Good job to everyone else.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm salty as hell about my bracket but I love all of you. I had a great time here, definitely worth the 7-hour trip ;) much love from canadia

Xubble

Smash Ace
Lost to PikaPika and a gay Falco. I'm still salty about that SD on our second match, Azeal! Good stuff though, thanks for being chill. :cool:

Xubble

Smash Ace
I have one of the matches between Goggles and PikaPika on my Wii. And yes, it IS under 3 minutes. :troll:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Shout outs to dabuz and san for not coming and securing my win in this tournament.

I played pikapika in grand finals but it wasnt saved aside from one game in which i sd'd twice.

The only matches I saved of myself were an early round set of my sonic and wolf. Game 2 of my set with pidge, random individual games i dont remember and my money matches with xubble and azeal.

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
You only saved the second match, my bad match no less. Regardless, hope you get something nice with the $5.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
So, uh, how about those results, Mr. TO? :p
You gotta give goggles a break on this one. It seems to me that FGC guys are less about results/results threads then we are. Seems they only care about top 3. I think if we get to come back mabye next time we should take the initiative and run the bracket ourselves so we can seed it and have access to the full results as soon as its over.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You gotta give goggles a break on this one. It seems to me that FGC guys are less about results/results threads then we are. Seems they only care about top 3. I think if we get to come back mabye next time we should take the initiative and run the bracket ourselves so we can seed it and have access to the full results as soon as its over.
I give you a lot of flack for having far too much hair on your head, but I gotta say. Youre a good guy.

1. If it werent for you, there would have been no tournament.
2. You didnt even enter and I had to keep ordering you around to get through said tournament.
3. I agree with the above post completely. I'll definitely do that.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I was just heckling Goggles a bit. No harm intended.

It did seem odd for all brackets to be run from ONE netbook. There was a lot of downtime between Smash matches because nobody had access to the bracket (it was being carried around by Damus, or it was being used at the table for every other bracket). Perhaps once the bracket was made, it could have been printed out and viewed by the players? Obviously, that requires a printer, but still...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny that you say that, because ours was the most well managed and executed bracket at the event. apparently some of the other events had some major issues.

when I made the move to try and get winners finals streamed. the next closest bracket was tekken and they were still at quarter finals.

we finished like an hour or two before everything else, with roughly the same amount of people and a game whose sets, on average, take longer.

Xubble

Smash Ace
With smaller (and I believe fewer) TVs even! That's impressive. We could have pulled off a doubles bracket if we could have cut on all the downtime we had. But most of us Smashers were too lazy (or careless) to figure out "find netbook, find match, make tourney continue."

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we actually had the same number of set ups as everyone else.

I did well, but I still could have done better in terms of managing communication between everyone.

Will improve for next time.

Also, Ill tell everyone now, Im probably only going to attempt to increase smash to two events for the next dustbowl, and its going to be up to you guys to determine whether that event will be melee 1s or brawl 2s.

Xubble

Smash Ace
It's been 10 days. This is a little ridiculous. I have nothing against Goggles, but Damus can't just leave us hanging. It's very unprofessional.

Did the other events get their results out?

Top Bottom