• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl 4! MK Banned! RC+Brinstar added!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Added to the fact that if he turns or jumps the spindash, he loses the invincibility, so if you just run away and avoid it, it because nothing more than a really solid way to stall for time.
easily avoidable gimmick
??????????

I guess you're saying it's easy to get a lead on Sonic?

w/e, this argument is not really gonna go anywhere. Tell me more about why housing for me and pidge isn't certain

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im talking to the guy running the event. Its a bit more difficult since Im in Rochester, and the tournament is in Syracuse (an hour away) I dont have instant immediate access to everyone involved and I dont know as many people in the immediate area.

But i will find something for you, promise.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm not gonna come to this
Turns out the bus pidge is taking leaves from Toronto at 5:30 pm Nov 2nd, and I have a midterm from 3-5pm on the 2nd.
I do have the option to take a bus that leaves at 7:15 same day, but that means I'd have to travel downtown in rush hour in 2 hours and 15 minutes (which isn't even really guaranteed), already packed, spending like $100 round trip to travel alone to attend what looks like it's going to be a local...not the most alluring thing in the world.

Goggles if you ever host a regional or something with a bigger turnout that doesn't happen to fall on a terrible part of my schedule, be sure to let pidge know and I'll see if I can come to that :)

Hopefully I'll see you guys at Apex

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Not sure if I'm going anymore. Luxord and Luigisama can't go so that just leaves me and dabuz in the carpool. Unless I get some more people Im not really up for driving that far with that little gas money. I'm still gonna look for some people to fill up my carpool though.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
will is in your area right? i just hit him up on fb.

i mean, dabuz not coming almost guarantees me money, but I still want as many people to come as possible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Stef. When you said 8 hours on a bus, you meant round trip right? Cause driving from cuse to toronto really shouldnt be more than 3-3.5 hours

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Stef. When you said 8 hours on a bus, you meant round trip right? Cause driving from cuse to toronto really shouldnt be more than 3-3.5 hours

I was thinking my ann arbor trip. However it's 6-7 hours to syracuse by greyhound one way (including transfer time). My trip there is from 5:30pm-1am, and my trip back is 12:30pm-6:30pm. If it was only 3 hours i probably wouldnt even need housing >_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wait so what n ight(s) do you need to be housed?

also, if you had a car adn could drive directly without the bus stops it would only be like a 3 hour trip.

thats why i hate busses and trains.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Friday/saturday, though friday I don't get into town til 1am =(. I don't drive.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
gdi what is with people.

note to everyone if you are over 18, have a license. i dont care where you live, just do it.

this mess is obnoxious.

I got you though.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I have my own personal reasons for not driving that I'd rather not get into, but thanks for the concern. :ohwell:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
And if there ends up being no housing available I can cab to a cheap motel or something if it comes down to it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No. I refuse. I will definitely find something for you. I promise.

When you say not driving, do you mean in general, or to this event?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Wait, Goggles, reasoning behind not letting interruptible moves continue beyond 150%? That seems really low.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
to save you some heartbreak. tryna help you out here bro.

no but seriously, the reason is because if you can get an infinite that goes to 150 and still cant get a kill/win at that point, you deserve to lose. theres no infinite in this game that needs to go past 150 to accomplish the goal.

this only applies to infinites btw. normal, traveling, damaging chain grabs are perfectly legal.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
i only have like four spots for people to sleep on adequately though lol so keep that in mind

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I have one big couch, a futon, this elongated basket seat thing, and then a love seat in my living room. Of course, more people are welcome to sleep on the floor.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'm coming from canada so i will definitely need one of those spots, thank you! :)

how would i get to your house from the syracuse greyhound terminal at 1am on a friday night?

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I would check the bus routes or something from there idk if i'm even going to be home that night lol

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh will someone at least let me in? lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What do you look like bro?
Describ yourself so i canfind you.

Ill be the black guy wearing goggles, im easy enough to spot

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
im probably the easiest person to spot at a brawl tournament

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I may have some snacks.

Goggles you and who ever else that feels like coming can stay. Just know it won't be the most comfortable if you two don't get a couch.

Also, I need help assembling my piano, so if somebody/some people can help me do that, I'd appreciate it.

edit: pidgezero there are four other people in my house so someone's going to let you in. not sure who jut yet though

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
cool, :) can i get you to pm me the address so i can find my way there?

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
No melee :(?
this!!!

alukard said he'd bring people if we were doing melee any word on dat goggles? If you need some one to help/do most of the running of melee ill do it.

either way im hyped for this even if melee doesnt happen. Have not played smash with a person in such a long time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its looking like its going to be a gametime decision. If people show up and we have set ups, then i think i can convince Damus to let us run an impromptu melee bracket.

Were looking at getting done with the tournaments relatively early so if theres time i can see what i can do. But only if people show up

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Pidge, I PMed you.

Can I have a list of people who are housing at my place?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Unfortunately the bowling team's traveling this day. Won't be making it. The schedule had it next week but I was told otherwise. =/

Wish the best of luck for those of you that make it out to this.

Top Bottom