• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
besides the fact that sheiks own marth. im satisfied with my performance. i won a few falco and G&W too! heh.
Marths own Sheiks. GaW loses to range, Falco dies to CGs. Also textbook, this was x-topia. I couldn't go due to transport, I'll play you guys some other time.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hey, sup Durango smashers! It was awesome meeting you guys, you're a really cool bunch! DSC did really well at X-topia, and I hope to see some CO rep at HOST2 and OHSNAP3! Btw, whenever you guys have another big tournament up, I'm down :chuckle:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Four corner biweekly #3 First Ranking Tourney

Four corners ranking tourney this weekend Saturday at Gwen's

-MLG Format

-If less then ten people there will be a round robin for seeding and then double elimination bracket after seeds.

-5 dollars 60/30/10 bring a little extra for food or something and

-point system-
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 7 points
3rd place - 5 points
4th place - 3 points
5th place - 2 points
6th-last- 1 point

The reason for ranking is so we can avoid round robins for seeding every other week. Hopefully we can start getting more people out and start holding some bigger tourney's

Also i was thinking we can add 2 extra dollars per person to the pot and have a prize at the end of the season for the top 5 places. in the overall rankings. tell me what you think.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
looks good to me. contact everyone. bring your controllers.
idk how much ppl care about the end of season prizes. i dont mind.

WE WILL HAVE 3 SETUPS!
START SHOWING AT NOON THIS SATURDAY!
BRING AT THE VERY LEAST $7!
THIS TIME LETS EAT PIZZA. (SAVES TIME)

MIKE: contact ANDY soon. tell him to bring all his friends. tell em $7.

GWEN: try your hardest to get MARTIN and ELLIOT and BRANDON to come. CHRIS too if its possible!

BENTHOS: please come man. we enjoyed having you last time. this time we will start earlier so we wont last so late. bring your brothers! we need lots of ppl!

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
ok looks good...yeah my place works....duha and 9 bring your tvs and cubes. noon works, I will sleep earlier on Friday so no cranky buz. I am letting both martin and elliot know again to come and working on getting contact with Chris. We will definitely need controllers...bring all that you have.

if you can bring an extra dollar or so for drinks that would help me a lot....lol.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
sweet. thats why its at least $7. im goin to organize it better make sure everyone pays beforehand. im thinkin we will have 10+ this time around. i cant wait. benthos you gotta come!

hey dudes i got an idea. this FRIDAY we all get together and play every multiplayer game we got. but with money involved. bring lots of spare change. (mike i got like $2 in change at your house!) MMs all over the place in games such as...

SMASH
SOUL CALIBUR
MARIO KART 64
MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH
MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2
WII SPORTS

and like last time lets 100% a retro game in 1 night. that was super fun.
i vote SUPER MARIO 64. take turns you know the deal.

ANYONE DOWN?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
if we go retro i want to 100% something i haven't beat like mega man or something and the mk64 i will only play on the wii i hate the 64 contoller

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Gwen, hurry and visit, and bring these guys with you. I'm eager to see how much better you all have gotten, as well as me! Ill be visiting Durango hopefully this summer some time if you all are up there still, if not - nin you might be in Houston so maybe we can go up there and smash it.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
lol if they would come with me to Mcallen. 9 is going to Dallas for spring break...and Duha I think is going home to Denver. But yeah we should get together for the summer at some point and spend some days just straight smashing :) maybe do some brawl too. Jordan I will kick your link's ***. Pikachu ROCKS!! SAY IT =P

hehe

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
hey guys if you want those pics from the xtopia tourny....post your email addresses for me, that way I know you want a copy and I send them to the right email address....I am still working on how to post some of them here lol. Haven't had a lot of time yet hehe.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
i laugh at mikes sig and his trash talkin to the NM dude. cant wait til tomorrow and saturday i want to play! i also want to offer some MMs. you guys can name the price...

Mike:
Jiggs vs G&W
Jiggs vs Falco
Luigi vs Mario

Gwen:
Pika vs G&W
Pika vs C. Falcon

Ben:
Ganon vs G&W
Ganon vs Mario

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
well I made 9's young link cry last night.....pretty sure yours will cry too =P

edit: or better yet beg for mercy hehe

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
only cause of bloody jungle japes.
mike is done at 3.
ben is done at 3.
im done already.
gwen when are you done with class?
someone post with details on where to be today!
if were playing at your place mike i can give you a ride.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Four corner biweekly #3 First Ranking Tourney

Four corners ranking tourney this weekend Saturday at Gwen's

-MLG Format

-If less then ten people there will be a round robin for seeding and then double elimination bracket after seeds.

-5 dollars 60/30/10 bring a little extra for food or something and

-point system-
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 7 points
3rd place - 5 points
4th place - 3 points
5th place - 2 points
6th-last- 1 point

The reason for ranking is so we can avoid round robins for seeding every other week. Hopefully we can start getting more people out and start holding some bigger tourney's

Also i was thinking we can add 2 extra dollars per person to the pot and have a prize at the end of the season for the top 5 places. in the overall rankings. tell me what you think.

when is this?

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
sinz it is at noon on Saturday (tomorrow). I live on the Fort Lewis Campus (for directions to where on campus call me at 303-503-2820). Should be good, but we will see who all shows up.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
nin9- 10 points
Zenjamin- 7 points
Duha- 5 points
Ryu- 3 points
buz - 2 points
i might have got Gwen and Martien mixed up.

shout outs

nin9- you cheap Bastard! Using marth like that. but i was able to keep up with your fox despite those insane waveshine KOs, so I would have don’t the same.
I saw your post above, we forgot to do the G&W and Mario MM. sorry I had to take off so early.

Duha- you can not beat my birthday buff! I was pretty surprised how well i did against you. moral of the story...
when you do your float in float out thing get the **** away. shielding or trying to meet you with the tilt gets me a wop.
when i get a tilt, flip s[h]it. i might get a free kill.
always be moving.
dont downB unless you have lag for some reason.

Gwen- you’ve improved alot, i kinda expected you to do better, that edge guart was looking quite nice, but 9 finally learned and is going over it.
just always be moving. you stand still too much, trying to predict how the other will attack and beat them to it. only problem is the other guy knows exactly what you are going to do, but you dont know for sure how, when, or where you will be attacked.

Martien- that’s the strangest plucking sheik i have ever seen. i hated those needles. i think you would have played better if you stuck with zelda for the most part. but duha did seem to hate your sheik style. great match between you two, just stay away from roy.
doesnt sheik handle all of zelda's weakness?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
ben posted?! haha. good job on 2nd on the bday. next time i wont use marth.

mike i was disappointed. youre luigi was doin better than your jiggs? what the crap? youll get outta the slump next week.

gwen please f-tilt! next time youll do better. guaranteed.

martin just get on the boards more and use zelda!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I see that the tournaments have started. I will start adding these points to the system. These are the Durango ranbats!!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
nin9- 10 points
Zenjamin- 7 points
Duha- 5 points
Ryu- 3 points
buz - 2 points

shout outs

nin9- you cheap Bastard! Using marth like that. but i was able to keep up with your fox despite those insane waveshine KOs, so I would have don’t the same.
I saw your post above, we forgot to do the G&W and Mario MM. sorry I had to take off so early.

Duha- you can not beat my birthday buff! I was pretty surprised how well i did against you. moral of the story...
when you do your float in float out thing get the **** away. shielding or trying to meet you with the tilt gets me a wop.
always be moving.

Gwen- you’ve improved alot, i kinda expected you to do better, that edge guart was looking quite nice, but 9 finally learned and is going over it.
just always be moving. you stand still too much, trying to predict how the other will attack and beat them to it. only problem is the other guy knows exactly what you are going to do, but you dont know for sure how, when, or where you will be attacked.

Martien- that’s the strangest plucking sheik i have ever seen. i hated those needles. i think you would have played better if you stuck with zelda for the most part. but duha did seem to hate your sheik style. great match between you two, just stay away from roy.
Why do you guys have to be so far away...

Anyways I've bolded the important part of the quote and underlined it. Sheik completely owns Roy, I can be blindfolded and still manage to win against Roy(hmmmm...I should do that one of these days).

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ferdi i will be back in denver from 3rd to 10th we can get a smash fest in there somewhere maybe.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
football practice yang we have practice at 5:30 I wake up at four so i can eat.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, this is James, the store manager at Play N Trade in Farmington. I just wanted to let you know that we're hosting another Smash Bros tournament on March 18th at 1:00pm. Entry fee this time is only $5. The tournament won't be double-elimination this time, but the matches will be best 2 out of 3. First match will be a random stage select, the loser of that match will pick the second stage, and if there is a third round then the loser of the second will pick the third stage. That sounds confusing, but feel free to call us if you all have any other questions. 505-327-9276. I hope to see you all there.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
thank you for the info darth.

but could we please make it double elimination? the reason its double elimination is so that if two good players face off earley on, one of those players dont place so low that they dont disirve it.

if it was singel elimination last time, i would have placed dead last because i faced nin9 in the first round of matches.

also, what are the prizes?

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately we probably won't be able to do double elimination again if we have as big of a showing as we did last time. The previous tournament took about 9 hours to complete, and that's just way too long for our store. So that's why we decided to do the 2 out of 3 matches instead. If it's a smaller showing then we may go ahead with the double elimination. The prizes are as follows:

1st Place: $100 Gift Card for Play N Trade, Bragging Rights
2nd Place: $50 Gift Card
3rd Place: $25 Gift Card

Edit: I'll try to set up the bracket as evenly as possible so that you don't play your friends early on, but I can't guarantee anything.

Ryuichi

Smash Rookie
nin9- 10 points
Zenjamin- 7 points
Duha- 5 points
Ryu- 3 points
buz - 2 points

shout outs

always be moving.

Yes. I know. But, I like Roy. I am trying to get better with someone else. True, that if I play zelda non-stop, I would be invinsable... maybe. But, I'll stick with zelda, just because of the up coming turny in Farmington. I won't get third this time my friends... I am going up to first, where Jordan should have been. :ohwell:

ben posted?! haha. good job on 2nd on the bday. next time i wont use marth.

mike i was disappointed. youre luigi was doin better than your jiggs? what the crap? youll get outta the slump next week.

gwen please f-tilt! next time youll do better. guaranteed.

martin just get on the boards more and use zelda!
Ok, Ok... I'll use zelda from now on. lol

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i cant make march 10th ill be in denver it is spring break for FLC students

also if it i only single elimination you should make brackets so you don't play people you usually play with all the time in the first found

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hmmm. we need it to be 2/3. and double elimination. we will bring another setup as well.

if i were to fight zenjamin in the first round and beat him again then he would lose his money in 10min when he is capable of placing? same goes for all who will come down from durango. these 2 rules are so VERY important to making a set fair. would it be alright if i helped run the tourny? ive got experience. cause the whole 6 matches at a time thing didnt work to well. there needs to be a match at EVERY tv at ALL times. you have to understand that its not hard to keep matches flowing so it wont take forever. 6 or 7 tvs are sufficient to do so and have 2/3 and double elimination. no doubt.

oh and welcome martin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom