• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Nin9, if you want to volunteer to help run the tournament then that would be great. Like I said earlier, if we have as large of a showing as we did last time then it takes too long to do the double elimination. We only have 4 employee's here at the store and because we have to monitor the matches and make sure everything is set up properly it was too difficult for us to keep the matches flowing. That's why we did the 6 at a time. If you guys want to help out though, then the extra man power might enable us to do double elimination. We would probably need at least another volunteer besides Nin9 though.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
k sounds like a plan. i guarantee ill help it go by smoother. guys we need AT LEAST one other to volunteer. whos down?

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I would be willing to help where needed....but the tourny won't be as good if it is not double elimination :(....so we need to make it double elimination.

man I am stuffed heheh.....lol

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
We'll do double elimination then if Buz and Nin9 are both going to help. I'll get with you guys a little closer to the tournament to talk about it more in detail. By the way Duha, I noticed that you posted earlier you couldn't make it on the 10th. The tournament is on March 18th, not the 10th. I hope you can come.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Everybody O_O lol Ive been whipped into shape I would say. When I first got down here I would lose to the valley crew all the time man, but I learned a **** load, mind games most of all and solid l cancels with my link. And Ive picked up y. link as my alt.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Ill money match you then my jiggz is a r0C574r!!!?!?!!!!

I might be able to come we are going to have football practice i think that day. I may have you enter me and just make my match last in the first round or just put me in the loser bracket and hopefully i can make it in time.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I have a quick update on the tournament. We don't know if we'll have enough controllers for everyone this time, so we're offering free entry to anyone who brings their own controller. Duha, you have practice on a Sunday?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
o crap it is Sunday ill be there.

I am sure if you tell people free entry if they bring there own controller everyone will bring a controller. And prize money will drop a lot or if you guys are taking pot and you won't get much from the tourney if anything. people should bring there own controller and if not i am sure someone will let them borrow one of their controllers. just tell people to bring there own controllers.

I think we can bring two setups as well so if i remember right you have 6 tv's and we can bring another 2. so that is 8 games going at a time.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i think we have three setups to bring, but it might not be worth it, it was pretty crowded last time.

also textbook, could you either update the front page or give one of us the authority?
its a bit out dated and it would be pretty cool to have the front page to keep track of rankings now that we are doing that.

also how are the rankings being handled for the farming tournament? top 10+ the durango regulars?
the farming tournament also might be a good place to get more people into the biweeklies

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I don't think that you guys need to bring any set-ups. We technically have 7 tv's and I'm pretty sure we have enough GameCubes. If you could bring three copies of Smash Bros though, that would be great.

Also, I'm not advertising that people can bring a remote to get it for free. I just offered it to you Durango guys since a couple of you are volunteering and you're serious smashers. What you guys can bring will almost certainly be enough.

I'll post the rankings for this particular tournament when it's over. You guys can use them however you want to. I have a question for you too. What are your bi-weeklies? I play Smash too obviously, but I moved here from California in October, so I dont really have anyone to practice with or play with atm. I'd definitely be interested in driving up to Durango once or twice a week to play.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
NIN9 here.

james, we do tournaments every 2 weeks.
$5 entry. and now we are ranking based on them.
more than that we just have fun and try to improve.

this tuesday 2/27 we are all getting together to play.
you are more than welcome to come. we'll start around 4.
if you wana come join just let us know.
the more we have the better it is.
we'll have 2 maybe 3 setups.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to make it on Tuesday. I have to open the store though and probably wouldn't be able to make it until 5 at the earliest, if that's not too late. I'll bring my wavebird controller. Do I need anything else? Also, could I get directions or an address? Thanks guys.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya i wont get there tell like 6 so you are fine and it is
meers apartments ask gwen(buz) for the room number

1000 rim dr
Durango, CO 81301

probably call nin9 i don't give peoples numbers out so you have to ask him for it
But my number is (303)596-9128

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
all you need is your controller.
its up to buz but we usually play til bout 11.
214 536 7701.

we're at fort lewis college.
the mears apartments are on the right side after you
go up the crooked hill and past the light.

MARTIN, BENTHOS, JOHNNYLAW505: ANY OF YOU GUYS ABLE TO COME AS WELL?!

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I dont remember if I scheduled JohhnyLaw to work tomorrow night or not, but I'll check today. If he's not working then I'll probably bring him with me if that's cool.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I'm going to put in all the points from the last tournament is the list of all the players that played available. I want to make sure that everyone get's points.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey Gwen, Boondock Saints finally arrived.

when do you want me to bring it over?

DarthBrittinias:
Good news, since non employees are helping run the show, there is little chance for internal corruption.
there is now no reason why you and the other employees cant play.
because if you try to weave a vast conspiracy to fix the tournament in your favor... we, the civilians, will expose you.

/cheer for ethical loopholes.

but seriously, i think we can trust you.
see you tuesday

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
JohnnyLaw a.k.a Paul is off tomorrow and he said he'd come with me, so that's another person. The reason that the employees aren't competing is because we want to give out the prizes to our customers. I think people would feel ripped off if an employee placed in the tourney and got the prize, not to mention our owner wouldn't like that at all.

Ryuichi

Smash Rookie
Ya. I will be able to come on Tuesday for a while. Mind if I get there at around 2 or 3 Buz? I don't have any classes after 1:05...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You guys missed my 2500th post. YOU GUYS SUCK...

oh the sex song, how it alures me..

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
sorry guys my day doesn't officially end till about 4:30 and I need to get some homework done....so 6pm is when we will start at my place....go to about midnight. Bring extra controllers if you have them....no food or drinks will be provided....so bring food or drink if you need it.

see you guys tonight

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
martin, james, come to fort lewis at 5! we will play in my room for an hour until gwen (BUZ) is ready! mike (DUHA) will be here. someone with martins number call him! if he comes and andy comes we will have 8 people! enough for a tournament!

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again guys for having us over. I felt like I learned a lot in just one night and I have a much better idea of what I need to work on now. Definitely keep me informed for next time you have a smash fest.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
1st tourny results:

1 Duha 10pts
2 NIN9 7pts
3 Zenjamin 5pts
4 Ryu 3pts
5 Johnnylaw505 2pts

1pt:
BUZ
BBQ
Darth