• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think duha and zen are for thanksgiving break. and i believe they plan on playing with you guys. i cant make it thanksgiving or christmas break. hopefully ill be able to go up there sometime soon.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
**** well i wont be at that tournament in denver though i don't think i got people to see when i get home like familly. maybe another time sorry guys

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
geez mcallen is far south. if you go to houston tournies we may see eachother there?

mike you better be here dec 2. we need your place for the tourny.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey great games this last weekend guys, see you all again on thrusday I guess? Some of the old DSC guys called me just like an hour ago apologizing for not showing up this last time. They said for sure they would be able to make it this upcoming friday or saturday but not thursday. Any day is really good for me since most of my classes are in the morning anyway, so just let me know what day we can decide on so I can make sure the guys can make it this time.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I think jared is leaving on thursday but im not leaveing to denver tell monday( to get my wii) so I can make anyother day.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
only way im not going is if something comes up at the last sec. yeah looks like someone from texas will win seeing as mostly texas is going!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey duha, (or anyone else here in durango) wana buy my wii reservation? you can resell it on the 20th to somebody at gamestop who wants a wii but forgot to reserve one.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Zenjamin, if you pick up the wii and send it to me, ill pay you for it and the shipping costs...what do you say cuz i really want one!!! plz!!?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hey meleemarth after C3 do you know whats next? i really wanna play some of the denver area ppl!

EDIT: any of you goin to OHSNAP 2?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Zenjamin, if you pick up the wii and send it to me, ill pay you for it and the shipping costs...what do you say cuz i really want one!!! plz!!?
sorry, i dont know you so im not forcking up 200$ and sending you a brand new wii with nothing but your word that youll pay me back.
humm, maby i deliver the wii in person that way i can literally kill you if you dont pay up?

but even that wouldnt work because im planning to leave on fri. for thanksgiving break.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Im going to hold a tournament probably after the fff.
Zenjamin, what if we planned for some weekend and we each drove half way and met at some place? Seriously, im not a stealer.... and ill try to drive if you want

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hes gonna be in boulder next week. he seems willing to meet you there for the purchase. but im sure youd have to come to the gamestop here to get it. or work out some kind of mail thing. but hey you can play us if you come down here.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Zenjamin, if your going to be in boulder, is there some way you can get the wii? and then i can just meet you in boulder and pay you for it there?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hey smashfest at my place. tomorrow. camp hall. 3:00pm til whenever cause i decided to leave tomorrow. if thats cool with everyone. park in the first parking lot after a left turn up the hill (Education Business Hall Parking). call me when you need the door unlocked.

EDIT: bring a controller. duha bring the external hd please. i want a couple of vids on it and nero 7. =)

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
****, I would have come but I didnt check boards for a day... rofl... oh well we will get together for more practice after you all get back I guess.

All the wii reservations here are done, if you want one now you will have to be with bryce and I camping out in walmart the night it is released haha. Hey did you guys ever post those vids from the night you guys were here? I know I won the majority of them, but Ide like to see some areas I could improve from watching it over, so maybe on a cd or something.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
they both got the wii reserved but bens tryin to sell his. talk to mike bout the vids hes got all of em on his external. i think we are changin the tourny to sat dec 10. we need to get in like 3 more prac before then. so ill see yall when i get back.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya either it would be the 10th of saturday at my place or the second somewhere else.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey duha, your in denver right now. right?

could i get a ride back into durango either sat or sun?

i hiched a ride out to denver, but going back will take much longer then hichen to denver.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE TOURNAMENT

When?
Saturday, December 9, 2006 Noon – 6:00pm

Where?
2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 81301

How much?
$10, or come to watch and play for fun, free!

Prizes?
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

All ages are welcome.

MLG rules.

Please call to SIGN-UP or for more information:
Micheal (host) 303-596-9128
or Jordan 970-903-9553
or Jared 214-536-7701

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Zenjamin, if your going to be in boulder, is there some way you can get the wii? and then i can just meet you in boulder and pay you for it there?
nope, i could only use the rservation in durango on the 20th and i had to leave on the 17th.

so i just sold it to TBN.

sorry.

EDIT:
after looking at your sig it looks like you managed without me.

EDIT#2 because im not a double poster like nin9:
sweet vid, its good to know that youve gotten so much better. it shows that i have progressed with you.
still behind you, but progress is progress.

gratz on getting 5th at that texas torny btw.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I got some news. I had an old friend that competed with me in smash that called me today. Farmington is having a big smash tourney as well apparently for the grand opening of a gaming place. They called and asked if I would bring everyone. Prize is 250 dollars.

Now heres the catch: Its the same day as our tourney, but it starts at 3:00pm. So I asked him if he would be willing to merge tourneys, and he said sure, but we would have to come there. So... Im up for this if you all havent advertised to much yet, maybe we can change things up a bit for a larger crowd. Anyway, both bryce and I can take care of transportation for about 8-10 people if we want to do this. Anyway, Im just throwing this out there as it could be great, but maybe we just want to stay and keep it local, dunno, up to you guys, Im really tempted by the $250 though rofl.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
im good for whatever.

but why not just have both?
one on sat, one on sun. more chances for winng. eash tourny acting as a promo for the other.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
2 would be cool, but I dunno, 2 straight tournies I dont think most people would be down for, what we could do instead is just have an all day practice event though the day before. so like on the 8th or something.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
i think i would be sick of smash (for a week) if there were 2 back to back. but a practice day before would be cool. and who votes smashfest this week/weekend? i need practice.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
jared i was wondering how you di out of your marth chain grab because with peach it is not possible tell i get off the stage. the idiots that posted on your video are idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom