• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies: Smashin with Passion: Round 1 Results

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm not trying to call anyone out. I just don't like seeing good players get ragged on, especially when they aren't even regular teammates. Both players need to learn a lot about each other's play styles, and you can't expect that your first (or even second, or third) time teaming.

It's okay to give advice. The important part is to be nice to your teammate and stay positive with them, no matter who messed up or how badly. Especially in friendlies.
I'm confused lol. Who talked down on there teamate or ragged on them. I didn't see anybody do that. Me and Lpdk did great! Also if u are talking to me then u dont know what yer talking about cuz we played together for 6 hours before the tourney to learn each others play styles and master a strategy.

If u watched our matches and u heard me telling him what to do...that's becuase he constantly asked me to remind him. We had a strategy and tactics that u are unaware of. It was my role to keep reminding him of that. So i really have no clue who u are talking about P.i. but it's obvious u are implying about someone. please enlighten me. Don't be scared to fully call anyone out. Use names lol.

At the end he was really down becuase of his performance. I repeatedly told him he did great and to not worry about it.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I think it was your tone Mekos, it really did sound like you were ragging on him.

But I mean if you guys had already planned everything out and it was working for you guys then great.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I see. lol. I'm aware I have a demanding tone and I know alot of people can't handle it. I asked him if he wanted me to continue and he said yes every time. Smash is a mental game and he wanted me to keep him in check. He knows that's how I talk. So next time P.I. just ask people instead of talking about people without saying their name. No one is going to beat u up lol or anything.

Also lol what does ragging mean? The main things I said was "stay calm stick to the strat" or "they are both knocked off why are u running toward them...this is the time to heal!" or "when they roll don't downdodge, attack them!" or "remember to down smash instead of uptilt so that i can combo after the hit!" or "Remember yer spacing. U should be in a spot where if u get hit I can punish or if i get hit u can punish" or "Nice! See that's how its done!". Those were the phrases said over and over.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yeah Foxy we need to team man! I told Sushi I would team with him next tourney. If he doesn't make I'll team with you or the tourney after that I'll team with you.

Foxy

Smash Master
Alright cool. I heard Sushi talking about teaming with some other people too, so I dunno what he's doing, if he wants to then go for it and we can at the next one like you said

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
So next time P.I. just ask people instead of talking about people without saying their name. No one is going to beat u up lol or anything.
I'm saying as little as possible out of respect for the players in question. I think they are nice, good people and even nice teammates, in general. If I was worried about getting beat up, I would've found a way to hide my own name lol.

Ness and Lucas can (theoretically) recover all of the damage they ever take throughout the match, so it's easy to feel like anything less than winning was because your partner didn't heal you enough. But obviously there's more to it.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm saying as little as possible out of respect for the players in question. I think they are nice, good people and even nice teammates, in general. If I was worried about getting beat up, I would've found a way to hide my own name lol.

Ness and Lucas can (theoretically) recover all of the damage they ever take throughout the match, so it's easy to feel like anything less than winning was because your partner didn't heal you enough. But obviously there's more to it.
lol P.I please go back and read my posts. They explain everything. Also I can see that u have been watching matches of me and Fow. If u pay attention then u see that we are not constantly healing. Sometimes we BARELY heal. It is that we are in sync and constantly comboing off each other. So my friend the bottom line is IF U DON'T STICK TO A STRAT OR CAN HANDLE IT U WILL LOSE IN ANY GAME. That is what happened. It doesn't have to do with healing it has to do with sticking to a plan and not just spamming attacks(Iv'e teamed with a peach, mk, and marth. We were in sync yt they can't heal me). Smash is a mental game. Again please go back and read my previous posts. I will actually quote it for u. hold on lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos; Also lol what does ragging mean? The main things I said was "stay calm stick to the strat" or "they are both knocked off why are u running toward them...this is the time to heal!" or "when they roll don't downdodge said:
So as u can see that is alot more than healing. It's also individual skill, how u can meet the team demands, and your understanding of the game. LPDK did good. I feel as tho yer making this out more than it needs to be and that u don't know what yer talking about(not to be mean or anything).

Top Bottom