• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies: Smashin with Passion: Round 1 Results

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Singles Bracket:

1: Kadaj :marth:
1: Sushi-Man :metaknight:/:snake:
3: Mekos :lucas:
4: Shady :snake:
5: RocketPSIence :lucas:
5: LDPK :pikachu2:
7: Stock :rob:/:snake:
7: Fyre :pit:
9: pi
9: 313 :rob:/:snake:
9: Arc
9: ZeldaRox!
13: DJRome
13: TheGODehT
13: Mizu
13: Werk
17: Purple Boots
17: Cake
17: Dr. Yogi
[collapse="Bracket Image"]
[/collapse]
*note: 1st place was split, but playing out GF's Kadaj did technically win.

Doubles Bracket:

1: Shady Swordplay
2: Harold and Kumar
3: PK Thunder
4: Divine Zelda
5: Get Werked
5: Stock and Fyre
7: rPSI and Mizu
7: Kick*** Ninjas
[/collapse]

Low Tiers (singles):

1: Kadaj
2: Shady
3: LDPK
4: TheGODehT
5: Sushi-Man
5: RocketPSIence
7: Stock
7: ZeldaRox!
9: Funk
9: Cake
9: Arc
13: KillerSOS
[/collapse]

(characters played would be appreciated guys)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah. I recorded some. GF's was split, I forgot to reflect that in the OP. Fix'd.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
TheGODeht: Good games, I wish I didn't try to go Pika against you D: Also your Jiggs is surprisingly good.

Stockfield: lol

ZeldaRox: Since we live so close by, do you want to play sometime this week?

LDPK: I want to play you more so we can both get better. I know I have a lot to learn from you, and I think you can learn some things from me too (much respect, not trying to be cocky). Those games with ZR were pretty hilarious lol

Fyre: Good games, I didn't know Pit's arrows could be that good lol.

Lucas players: IMHO you should be nicer to your teammates. It is hard to help you recover. Half the time your teammate tries to help you and YOU are the ones who aren't paying attention, so don't give them all the blame. imad lol. Besides that, well done in singles, people better not sleep on Lucas.

Arc: You're a good teammate. We just stayed apart and I didn't have to think about you or the person you were fighting at all. That's the way I like it lol.

Cake: You're a good teammate too. We teamed together two separate times for some reason lol. I felt bad because you spent so much time sitting around and watching though. You should speak up if you want to play.

Dr. Yogi & Blue Shoes: Funniest 2v2s ever. lol

Omni: GGs, and thanks for the advice in teams. I'd like to play you more.

Kadaj: Good games in teams.

Stingers: Good games, wait you weren't there.

DJ: Good games, I had fun being a noob in Melee lol.

I know there's more people I'm forgetting, sorry.

ZR just hold the next one on the 27th. Thanksgiving isn't even a holiday in the rest of the world.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Welp welp. I didn't even team with a Pika this time! Yeah, we know that there's some times where we miss opportunities and sometimes you miss them. It's really about getting the practice and synergy where you both know where it will work.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to call anyone out. I just don't like seeing good players get ragged on, especially when they aren't even regular teammates. Both players need to learn a lot about each other's play styles, and you can't expect that your first (or even second, or third) time teaming.

It's okay to give advice. The important part is to be nice to your teammate and stay positive with them, no matter who messed up or how badly. Especially in friendlies.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to call anyone out. I just don't like seeing good players get ragged on, especially when they aren't even regular teammates. Both players need to learn a lot about each other's play styles, and you can't expect that your first (or even second, or third) time teaming.

It's okay to give advice. The important part is to be nice to your teammate and stay positive with them, no matter who messed up or how badly. Especially in friendlies.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah after a split I wouldn't play 100% either.

Good stuff to Sushi for winning winners like always and Kadaj for bringing it back from Losers though.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If that's the case, I'm going to say Sushi won and you need to beat Sushi and prove to everyone that you can.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
It's not about the money (obv. there isn't much of it)
It's about pride
If that's the case, I'm going to say Sushi won and you need to beat Sushi and prove to everyone that you can.
How does that make sense If I beat him in Grand finals both sets?......

Don't really see where that logic comes from since I did indeed win O_0
You split tho lmao
I don't get what exactly your trying to say, even though we split we ALWAYS play out GF's for the actual place of 1st and 2nd

Just want a little clarification on what you mean lol

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sorry I didn't take the set seriously since you guys played Snake and Falco. lol

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
it's about nc>kadaj until stingers can beat you with rob.

and if it's about "pride" then it should be meta v marth straight up and be a first and second place finisher.

and matches after tourney don't matter. you know that.

JUST ADMIT SUSHI IS BETTER KADAJ!!!!

lol

and scrubby lucas main's mekos is better than all of you. and we have a **** good one in rocket so **** you.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Why does the "note" say that Kadaj won technically but the bracket Sushi won? He's preeettyy guuwd.

Top Bottom