• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducktales Mafia - Game over

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Soup: If you don't like dipping your toes into flavor speculation, why did you unvote PFP based on flavor speculation.
because i was gonna make a rudimentary case on PFP on why that's bull**** but it would lead me to nowhere so therefore i went "welp, he claimed."

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
I used my investigation powers on ZB too, **** you guys.
uhhh why

i didn't 'cop' anyone, i didn't use an investigation.
UHHH WHY NOT ON A TOWN ML DAY 1 + WHY LIE?

god I want to lynch you

Just waiting for Ryker to flip scum so we can lynch you tomorrow AW ^_^!

@Ryker: Being angry because people have you at L-1 and because people are on your wagon (which it looks like you are) is definitely a scum tell lol.
Hm. I've already said that PFP/Ryker are probably not in a scumteam (again unless it's extreme bussing in a 2 scum game, which I severely doubt) but PFP seems pretty confident that Ryker's going to flip scum. I'm asking myself "would scum PFP say this?"

\(o_o)/

Since we're at L-1, we claim Webby Vanderquack, the Town Attention *****. We're basically a VT.
wut

Since PFP claimed prematurely, I call for a massclaim by vote. Asid, TSN, Soup, DH do you agree? Put the person you want to claim first, and then a second. Once the list is complete, points will dictate the order.

+2 Ryker
+1 TSN
The only reason I would want a massclaim is to confirm if Soup's JoaT role fits in this game or not, since that's the only thing saving him in my eyes, especially after his bull**** "i investigated the dead guy but not really lol i won't tell you what i did now"

We're not allowed to hint at anything else in our role. It threatens a mod kill if we do. We're pretty much just a VT. Thats all I can say ._.
"Webbigail "Webby" Vanderquack - Female child who secretly wants to be accepted as the fourth "nephew"."

my only guess from that tidbit of info is that you're (insert alignment here) that wants to target Scrooge McDuck and become the nephew or something.

or you're just scum ._.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
For the record I'm really liking Ryker's posts toDay and most of them ring hella towny.

Also agree that if Ryker is scum then the only feasible person that I could see being his scum mate is AW, but I have a town read on them as well so that's not happening.

Plus the flurry of terrible reasoning behind the recent Ryker pushes is actually making me feel better about him rather than incriminating him.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Fair enough.

I also agree that PFP has a point against you that he has a fair amount of independent reasoning behind his pushes. He's been pretty proactive and made the entire case on Ryker during D1. If you should fault anyone on those errors, it should be CR.

I heavily dislike CR on the other hand. As soon as PFP made the initial case on Ryker back on D1 he immediately came in and restated the exact same type of argument and even made a little point system evaluating the pros and cons of the original case. It was basically just a parrot of the entire thing under the guise of a simplified case, made easier for everyone to understand. When I saw this I immediately thought of fishing for town points, which you pointed out D1 Soup.

Now even toDay, PFP comes into the thread making accusations on Ryker about him blowing up when being put at L-1 and him ignoring things etc. and CR basically just jumps in a rides the push. I've yet to see Raptor make an independent attack on Ryker that wasn't weak or reaching, the only good things being stuff parroted from other players.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Caught up.

Vote: Classy Raptor

Town: Ryker, AW, Soup
Null: TNS, PFP
Scum: CR

@PFP: You seem to be dead sure that AW is scum if Ryker pops scum. Where are you looking upon a townRyker flip? Also your flavor claim is completely null and I am taking at such. I do like that you've been playing pro-active but I don't like your push on Ryker despite it being way less grody than CR's.

@CR: Same question to you.

@AW: I forget. Who is more likely to be the mate of CR? TNS or PFP and why?

@Ryker: Trust me on this. PFP will be dealt with later but there are much scummier players we should be pursuing toDay.

@TNS: Which head made post 506?

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Soup, why would you investigate ZB? That's mighty conspicious seeing as you have two other abilities and ZB was the one to die. Then again I'd hope you wouldnt be that stupid and do that as scum.

Dumb or scum card abound.
Holy **** I missed this and it reeks so bad.

If you had been playing attention yesterDay Soup expressed multiple multiple times that he had a scum read on ZacBlock if GLG flipped town. He made a pretty long post detailing it. It makes perfect sense to me that Soup would investigate Zblock following that train of thoughts, despite it being wrong.

All this post is doing is insinuating Soup could have killed Zblock as a side note and then attacking Soup's credibility as a player by saying dumb or scum. Its these underhanded attacks that set off danger flags.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Because his use of aggravation at TSN was saying "HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK WE SHOULD BE AT L-1?" which is self preservation and forcing the votes off of him.
That's not what I got from it. In 506, TNS says that he's leaving Ryker at L-1 and that someone should hammer him but that we also shouldn't prematurely end the Day. If TNS actually didn't want the Day to end prematurely, why leave Ryker at L-1 with the line "someone should hammer."

His outburst was accompanied by the reasoning here

Do you honestly believe that ANYONE hammering me at this point would've ended well? A scum does it, they have a scum buddy to help push back a lynch. The entire town would have to push it and not get dissuaded IN LYLO OF ALL THINGS! If a townie does it, the scum have every reason to sink two votes onto a player where only one townie has to be persuaded and we lose the game.
It is self-preservation, but its not that scummy considering the post he was responding to. Because TNS had left the hammer option blatantly open by saying "someone should hammer Ryker btw" a scum could have gotten away with that hammer with very little attention if his scum mate backed him up appropriately, while if a town did it all it would take was one misplaced vote on the perpetrator and boom, alpha. This is the reasoning that Ryker stated above the reasoning why he was worried about his lynch.

It's the definition of a null-tell because literally that could be scumRyker not wanting to get lynched for one reason (which is what you're attacking him for) or it could townRyker not wanting to get lynched for others (which is what I explained above). Due to his play I'm more inclined to think the latter, though.

As for forcing the vote off him, I'll quote Ryker on that.

Ryker said:
I'M PUSHING IT OFF AS A NULL TELL BECAUSE IT'S A ****ING NULL TELL!!!

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Where did the TSN hate come from? I don't recall you having her as your second scum pick.
CR said:
@Everyone: I apologize for my inactivity but I've had a lot going on. I still, however, based on current reads believe a Ryker/TSN scumteam is possible. I'm not getting too bad of vibes from PFP, but it's stll not something I like a lot. DH is fine with me, for sure. Soup is psuedo cleared. I like Asid Wash.

Let's lynch Ryker today, and if he flips scum I'll go hard on TSN because I'm like 95% sure I saw that tell through properly. It's a hard one to peg anybody on, but I'm feeling it.
Nevermind. Missed this.

Do you actually believe Ryker v TSN is SvS? Thats probably the last thing I would have suspected from reading their exchange.

What tell did you see and how does it implicate SvS?

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Nah.

How about I'll be Kamina and you can be Simon.

AW can be Nia and Ryker can be Yoko.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
Thanks for taking off the vote, gheb.

Unvote

I don't really see why you specifically want me to have hammer AW, and of course I'm not going to vote until I see a hell of a lot more content out of everyone. The day only started yesterDay, no need to get hasty.

And wtf @ massclaiming. We're in no danger of getting endgamed regardless of our lynch toDay now that Gheb removed the mod vote. At this point we're just giving scum extra information. PFP already claimed at L-1 and if TNS decides to put Ryker there I expect a claim out of him as well. Anyone else claiming is just a dumb idea. Period.

Reading the last page or so.
At the end of the day there will only be 3 unclaimed slots left. So it's kind've fruitless to wait until tomorrow to massclaim. PR's have indefinitely already been outed, imho, due to the size of the game. The JoaT is taking the place of 3 PRs and we have a tracker, another powerful PR so the chances of another town PR popping up are incredibly slim. Claiming now allows us to lessen our lynch pool with our already provided info and pretty much gives scum nothing to work with as is. Ponder on it. In all reality it's a good play.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
DH, if you hadn't noticed, I was absent the last part of D1, and wasn't paying much attention to the game then seeing as how I've been playing this game solo. Working 6 days a week and almost dying the other day didn't help. So, if I missed something, I don't want you to excuse it, but you have to give me some room here.

Continuing on, your case on me is so incredibly poor that it is non-existent. I redid PFP's case by the way adding multiple tells he did not add.

TSN has been on my eye since I first voted Ryker and the FoS with his vote. TSN was almost over explaining things to Ryker and it seemed like that could be a weird false interaction.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
Holy **** I missed this and it reeks so bad.

If you had been playing attention yesterDay Soup expressed multiple multiple times that he had a scum read on ZacBlock if GLG flipped town. He made a pretty long post detailing it. It makes perfect sense to me that Soup would investigate Zblock following that train of thoughts, despite it being wrong.

All this post is doing is insinuating Soup could have killed Zblock as a side note and then attacking Soup's credibility as a player by saying dumb or scum. Its these underhanded attacks that set off danger flags.
Wasn't here the last part of the day, and haven't fully read it.

I didn't insinuate that he could've killed ZB at ALL, nice way to misrepresent though. And it's not an underhanded attack, you babying him allows the behavior to continue. He tried to replace out in a fit twice, and then stayed in and you guys had to drag reads out of him. I really don't care for having to play babysitter and mafia at once, and it's not a personal attack either. Take it as you will as danger flags, but you know it is entirely legitimate. You just want me to come off as a bad guy, and the way you've been attacking me is strange, btw. It's taking this to finally get a read on you.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
At the end of the day there will only be 3 unclaimed slots left. So it's kind've fruitless to wait until tomorrow to massclaim. PR's have indefinitely already been outed, imho, due to the size of the game. The JoaT is taking the place of 3 PRs and we have a tracker, another powerful PR so the chances of another town PR popping up are incredibly slim. Claiming now allows us to lessen our lynch pool with our already provided info and pretty much gives scum nothing to work with as is. Ponder on it. In all reality it's a good play.
Uhg.

The whole point of not mass claiming is to keep scum guessing about whether town has remaining power roles left. Doing so, regardless of whether we have remaining power roles left or not, is a bad idea. If there are PRs, we out them. If there aren't, we give the scum the clarity there aren't.

I've been in 9man games where there were 2 town prs and games where there were 4-5. In one particular one there was a sane cop, doc and closed masons so you can't count on setup speculation to tell you that the remaining roles are vanilla.

Besides, if you've thought ahead and realize that everyone will probably claim vanilla, why are still wanting to mass claim knowing that doing so won't really out scum. I see zero pro-town consequences from mass claiming at this point unless someone scum slips while doing so.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
DH, if you hadn't noticed, I was absent the last part of D1, and wasn't paying much attention to the game then seeing as how I've been playing this game solo. Working 6 days a week and almost dying the other day didn't help. So, if I missed something, I don't want you to excuse it, but you have to give me some room here.

Continuing on, your case on me is so incredibly poor that it is non-existent. I redid PFP's case by the way adding multiple tells he did not add.
There is no case on you. I was noting a place that I didn't like from D1 that a few people picked up on you. Summarily dismissing my points is cool though.

I'm accusing you of not finding independent reasoning for why you want Ryker dead and your entire push is a re-hashed one made my PFP. Show me why that's wrong instead of just saying my point is so bad its non-existant. You could do this by summarizing why you want Ryker dead.

If you choose to go back to his outburst at being put at L-1 see 598 and 610 which you've yet to address.

TSN has been on my eye since I first voted Ryker and the FoS with his vote. TSN was almost over explaining things to Ryker and it seemed like that could be a weird false interaction.
Show me where this happened.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Wasn't here the last part of the day, and haven't fully read it.

I didn't insinuate that he could've killed ZB at ALL, nice way to misrepresent though. And it's not an underhanded attack, you babying him allows the behavior to continue. He tried to replace out in a fit twice, and then stayed in and you guys had to drag reads out of him. I really don't care for having to play babysitter and mafia at once, and it's not a personal attack either. Take it as you will as danger flags, but you know it is entirely legitimate. You just want me to come off as a bad guy, and the way you've been attacking me is strange, btw. It's taking this to finally get a read on you.
I wouldn't call it babying. I've played with Soup much longer than you have and I know how to read him. I kept him in the game as such because I didn't want the replacement clouding that read.

It is insinuating that Soup is scum. It is underhanded and it is attacking his credibility, how could you deny that?

Soup, why would you investigate ZB? That's mighty conspicious seeing as you have two other abilities and ZB was the one to die. Then again I'd hope you wouldnt be that stupid and do that as scum.

Dumb or scum card abound.
RE blue: You're saying that its awfully weird that it just so happens that Soup has three abilities, yet he used the one that didn't get us any result because he used it on the player that died in the Night. You're insinuating that he is scum fake claiming something and just so happened to have copped the player dying and thus getting away with not having a result.

RE green: You're attacking his credibility by saying that you hope he wouldn't be as stupid to do that as scum. Either dumb or scum move. You're setting up the foundations for framing him later on, which is pretty obvious.

This is what you're saying, is it not?

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
CR said:
It's taking this to finally get a read on you.
Quoting this now so I can just reference it later when the inevitable happens.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't call it babying. I've played with Soup much longer than you have and I know how to read him. I kept him in the game as such because I didn't want the replacement clouding that read.

That's just laziness on your part then.

It is insinuating that Soup is scum. It is underhanded and it is attacking his credibility, how could you deny that?

Because he has no credibility. He just lied again toDay.

RE blue: You're saying that its awfully weird that it just so happens that Soup has three abilities, yet he used the one that didn't get us any result because he used it on the player that died in the Night. You're insinuating that he is scum fake claiming something and just so happened to have copped the player dying and thus getting away with not having a result.

RE green: You're attacking his credibility by saying that you hope he wouldn't be as stupid to do that as scum. Either dumb or scum move. You're setting up the foundations for framing him later on, which is pretty obvious.

This is what you're saying, is it not?
He's an unCC'd JoaT, yes I am obviously trying to paint Soup as scum. And to restate, he has zero credibility. Argue it, but he destroyed his own.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
@PFP: Sorry for initially calling your focal point "him being dumb". It's a weird case. So, work with me here. I reread in context, and through your case. It is a bit convincing, but let's break it down.

First off, how confident are you that Ryker is scum?

Secondly, let's go through your list one by one, and define them by tells! This will help me and everyone else, GREATLY, understand your case.

The Vote on TSN:

I would consider this, if applied to any tell, just voting for no reason; poor reasoning. However, that is if it is outside of Ryker's meta to do so. Agree/Disagree? Also, is it outside of Ryker's meta? I'm not familiar with him.

Unhelpful Questions

Generally I would classify what you titled this as, as Derailment. However, the questions he kept repeating and asking, while derailing, were also just dumb and looked as if he wasn't paying attention. I will give you this tell however. +1

Content Push

I really do not know what to classify this as. I would say deliberately avoiding the queries of others. What do you believe? +1

Soup Defense

I would like to call this a chainsaw defense, however, he flips on him too... That is very odd. Looks like he wanted to defend him, then flipped off of him after he saw it was a losing battle and saw the potential in a Soup wagon. +3

The three tells here are: Chainsaw Defense, Wagoning, and Opportunism Agree/Disagree?

Generalization

I don't believe this is really a strong tell, but however, coupled with the other behaviors, I'll give you this one as well. +1

ZB Reads

I really don't know exactly if that can even fit anywhere other than like, not paring attention or just being plain bad...However, there is a reason that could be there. Sometimes scum ask for excessive explanation from co-mafia. I can lightly see that being the case here.

Vote: Ryker
FoS: TSN

Also, since Ryker's presence has near vanished, and the already quiet, sidelining ZB could've very well gotten onto him. I think it could be that case, but it's a stretch. Thoughts?
There ya go, DH. Now please continue on why I am scum, since you're so sure. I'd love to hear more.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
And yes, before you wall text me, I am taunting you.

You've tried to derail the lynch on Ryker for two days now. I can't decide anymore if it's you or TSN with him, but I'mfairly certain Ryker is scum.

@Everyone but DH: Agree or disagree that Ryker needs to go today for connection purposes as well as heavy scum vibes.

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
I'll get around to actually posting cases and whatnot when I feel like it. Right now, I'm calling this day worthless unless Ryker is lynched.

PeopleFacePunch

Smash Rookie
Errr... after re-reading that whole thing, I think his points against TSN having him at L-1 weren't really legit. He started with Meta, lead into self preservation aka "Why would you leave me at L-1", and then he lead into how scum can abuse a quick lynch (even though they would get looked at extremely for it) by leaving him at L-1, which is the only thing he brought up that looked semi legit, even though scum wouldn't quick lynch, since it would get them looked at extremely.

Of course you don't believe us Ryker. Its not like we didn't expect you to not beleive us or anything O:!

Ryker you're using meta to defend yourself via aggravation, and you used meta before that in what looks like an attempt to make TSN look worse (the whole "I don't know where you're getting off with that excuse" thing).

Ryker you're implying that we haven't defended our reasoning at all and we're only calling you dumb lol. You're implying that we didn't build a case on you as to why we think you're scummy, and you're implying that we didn't defend said case. You're implying a bunch of wrong stuff ._.! Also, we don't care if you think its alright to risk us getting modkilled LOL! We're not going to do that to the town no matter how much the scum wants it.

@DH: We will be looking at TSN or CR based on a Ryker town flip, since we felt that the argument between TSN and Ryker was SvT. We have reasons for CR, but we need to discuss them a little more and re-read him a bit more before we're certain about them.

@CR: Yes, we agree with that completely.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
CR said:
That's just laziness on your part then.
Cut the ****. If I know how to read someone I will keep them in the game so I can read them. This has nothing to do with laziness. For all the commotion you made about Ryker cloaking his defense in so called meta, you have a really hard time responding to points without taking shots at your opponent's credibility. Keep doing it dude, only makes you look worse.

Because he has no credibility. He just lied again toDay.
I don't give a **** about his credibility. I have a town read on him and therefore he's not a questionable.

He's an unCC'd JoaT, yes I am obviously trying to paint Soup as scum. And to restate, he has zero credibility. Argue it, but he destroyed his own.
I'm not arguing that he hasn't destroyed his own credibility. I'm showing that you're insinuating he's scum based on WIFOM (just like you were trying to do with Ryker) and how you're setting up a mislynch later down the road.

Was this sarcasm because I honestly couldn't tell.

I told you that you were insinuating that Soup was scum fake claiming Joat. You responded that you did no such thing. I showed you with freaking colors the exact spot you did and then you respond with sarcasm "hes unccd, of course I'm trying to pain him as scum."

If it wasn't sarcasm then you just blatantly contradicted yourself, so I'd suggest trying to rebuke the former.

#HBC | ѕoup

i just really do not want to play this game, but i wish to respect Gheb and DH by not replacing out, even though i really want to.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
There ya go, DH. Now please continue on why I am scum, since you're so sure. I'd love to hear more.
I wanted you to show me where TNS was oversimplifying things to Ryker that makes it look SvS, not your post about nothing.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
You've tried to derail the lynch on Ryker for two days now. I can't decide anymore if it's you or TSN with him, but I'mfairly certain Ryker is scum.
Again going to quote this for the inevitable.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'd have to go over him again, even though i really don't have the gusta to do much this game, i'm reading what you are saying however, but go over your sudden flip of CR, to save me a brain aneurysm

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
I'd have to go over him again, even though i really don't have the gusta to do much this game, i'm reading what you are saying however, but go over your sudden flip of CR, to save me a brain aneurysm
598 and 606.

But just read the thread from 598 to present and look at what I've pointed out (about 30ish posts).

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
@Soup: He has no case. Just trying to further derail the lynch.
Your point?

I'll fight for protecting my reads as much as I'll fight to push my scum ones and I have no problems with doing so. You havn't responded properly to anything I've brought up this last page or even gone into detail about why you view Ryker as scum.

You've just gone and declared the Day useless until he has been lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

why is anything that isn't the blatantly obvious a derail to you? my cases at the end of D1 were derailing too, why are you so black and white?

if that is one thing i don't like about you, it is that fact, you are very black and white about everything, there is no grey on anything, hell, there was no gray in my case against you, your rebuttal to mine was just "shutup, you're wrong, vote GLG already."

this is the same situation, you're almost negating any other opposition that isn't the direct approach, while that always isn't a bad thing, it's just something not worth doing in this type of 9 man game, you need to think things through before simply lynching someone, i feel a bit depressed about being dead wrong about ZB, but it has cleared my mind and understanding that there was alot between his push on GLG, i felt he was really strong on nothing, but now i feel that you are just the exact opposite.

this isn't the same problem i have with PFP, there's a difference, while they may have sidelined some situations, they did give thoughts on them, you on the other hand, as stated, refuse to see anything else then just what is put in front of you, and i'm not sure to read this rather as going with the town, or merely instigating without an actual purpose.

Top Bottom