• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dual walls of pain...which is better?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying out aerials and im wondering it the f-airs or b-airs work better as walls of pain, (not referring to up-air fence of pain)

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I usually do both. I find both equally effective, although Bair is probably easier.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol. use whichever you are in a better situation for. if youve got time to set up either use bair.

EDIT: i see this question too often

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I also have to say Bair is better. Its easier, and the most effective. Dont just STICK to Bair, though. Fair can be a very helpful WoP, too.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I would say bair beats out fair anyday as far as overall usefulness goes, but it doesn't hurt to use fair once in awhile. I find it especially helpful to use fair when your opponent likes to spotdodge a lot. If you do a bair you whiff, if you do a fair you hit them they they are done with the spotdodge.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
I find it pretty pointless posting considering that everyone else pretty much clarified this :p.
But yea, Bair is better IMO. I think its much easier to execute and overall its more effective. Not sure if this would still be considered a WoP, but i like to mix them up sometimes ^^. Start with Fair and mix that with a few Bairs.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
haha nice info
i pocket toon link, and he has similar quickness with both b-air and f-air, but b-air seems to be the best of both cases (but not to the point of staling)

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
bair is the best cause its pretty easy to smash DI the opposite direction against the fair

lil cj

Smash Lord
Both are great moves and should be used equally
But if I had to choose I'd say bair is better...it has more priority and is much easier to hit your opponent with.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
Bair is preferably better unless you want to rack up damage with Fair or if you want to hit an air dodge.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Use the search engine people. This Topic has already been discussed, twice.

Bair is infinitely better, with the exception of situations where you can't execute it.

Example; Your opponent is in the air in front of you. And even there, it's debatable since, U-air could be better in the situation as well.

Percon

Smash Lord
Bair is the better move overall, but I've been using fair quite a bit recently to WoP... it seems to be harder to escape depending on the character.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Bair is the better move overall, but I've been using fair quite a bit recently to WoP... it seems to be harder to escape depending on the character.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Fair DOES seem to be harder to escape. Anyone know how much damage it does if you land all 3 hits? I forgot >_< I'll look into it...

Anyway, the most important part: using Fair to rack up damage/push your opponent closer to the edge means that your Bair is not stale. Kirby is one of the few characters that can turn around in midair with his air jumps...so WoP with Fair, and then finish off with a fresh Bair if possible.

It's mostly theory...but the fact that Fresh Bair = Happy Kirby Main is not theory.

One problem I can think of is that your opponent can Smash DI out of Fair.

Example: Kirby is Fairing while moving to the right...opponent SDIs left, gets out pretty easily. Nobody's ever done this to me, but a top player probably would.

Fair seems pretty darn effective against Snake, in my experience. Whether he's on the ground and spotdodging, or in the air and airdodging...it works well, and keeps your Bair fresh for KOs.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Its 12-15%ish fresh?

I use F-air when falling down in front of someone with good spacing, since its fairly hard timing to punish, and then ppls are like ZOMG GET EM and I'm like k spot dodge wuts up now GRAB oh is that u getting le combo'd?

Top Bottom