• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dTilt Spike

kigbariom

Smash Lord
That's ridiculous....
It's backwards....

You know what I say? We can make it reliable if it isn't. Just find out when and where it works, and he have a new, spike MUCH faster than the taunt spike.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
This is pretty old. The reason why its some what reverse is because theres a small hitbox around his near his butt or so. I think its somewhere like slightly out of his hurtbox? Bleh really situational. I'd prefer easier stuff like a speed edgehug.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Taiga-chan! It's November 08 so yeah, it's pretty old... but certainly not well known. I'd like to experiment with it if I can. It's the least we can do as Luigi mainers.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or does Luigi's butt have magical powers or something?

In Melee (not so sure about brawl, I'm pretty sure it's not) Luigi's d-air has a spike hitbox around his butt.

In Brawl, it's his d-tilt.

>_>

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
His dtilt spike is WAY to situational and it's not that strong. I've tried incorporating it into my game before, but I found that taunt spike is easier to land.

Luigi has 3 spikes like DK. Unlike DK however, they are **** near impossible to land.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
I sense a destiny for this series of quotes... To be immortalized in the Negative Zone Dining Etiquette thread... :-D

kigbariom

Smash Lord
If we can figure out why Yoshi's Island helped, I mean exactly why, like where the hitbox is, we can do it on a stage like Luigi's Mansion. Word 'round the water-cooler is that it can be done.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Well then, Wigi, that probably means Yoshi's Island will now be Counter-Pick only.

Apparently it can be done anywhere, though. *wonders about platforms*

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I've always had Yoshi's Island as a kind of CP. Now this gives more reason. It CAN be done anywhere, I'm not sure exactly how though.

Just_Gabe

Smash Rookie
Luigi sure has the strongest butt in the SSB universe...that's hot :laugh:

Anyway, it's funnier to user the taunt, much more cooler!

WIGI

Smash Champion
oh it can be done anywhere, thats for sure, but i think the angle of the stage made it easier.

if done it through orpheons platform, the sides of a few stages.. alot of places really. taunt spiek is better.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
With taunt spike, if you do it often enough, you learn the timing, and you know it has to work because it is an actual move.

Also with the taunt spike you can slide into it which is awesome. Or do that taunt spike > UpB

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lol.

I thought the entire hitbox was a spike. I mean...if you think about it, that is probably the reason why Luigi's D-tilt causes tripping. O_o

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Hmm, it's just a low power SS when they trip. That wasn't the first thing that went thorough my mind but it makes sense.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
At higher percents, Luigi's dTilt pops opponents into the air instead of tripping them... perhaps this has something to do with it? Experimentation commence!

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't Pictochat have an advantage to us also? It's ledges are slanted, just like Yoshi's Island.

Regardless, I'm going to start doing this to people. Great find.

Top Bottom