• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I'm actually worse Online then Offline, all my pivot grabs turn into rolls. :( Then comes then I get Dsmashed by DK or MK or something.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I'll have to see how the November ones fit into my schedule because I'll be vacationing in South Carolina during the weekend of the first tournament.

The real question is should I continue to practically give out free wins while being the manliest character or should I try to win with a gay character. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that anyone with a brain can beat Ganon, so I don't know why I keep trying. It'll be about two months before I can make it out to a tournament, so I'll see how I feel.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The real question is should I continue to practically give out free wins while being the manliest character or should I try to win with a gay character. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that anyone with a brain can beat Ganon, so I don't know why I keep trying.
Well, which do you value more: money/rankings or having fun?

You're not going to win any tournaments if you continue to play Ganon. Or even get close unless it's a low tier tourney. Ganon just doesn't stand a chance in a competitive environment with the likes of MK, Snake, Olimar, etc. running around.

So if you wanna win, pick a high/top tier. Or at least a mid tier, lol.
If you wanna have the most fun, I'm guessing for you that's playing Ganon, so keep playing the worst character in the game. x.o

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There is even some room for low tiers to win. Look at Fow's Ness, or even like Dapuff's Jigglypuff surprises some ppl with nice wins. It's just that when you get to bottom tier, especially Falcon/Link/GDorf, you're hardly going anywhere. You've already got a Kirby, why not focus on him a bit?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
There is even some room for low tiers to win. Look at Fow's Ness, or even like Dapuff's Jigglypuff surprises some ppl with nice wins. It's just that when you get to bottom tier, especially Falcon/Link/GDorf, you're hardly going anywhere. You've already got a Kirby, why not focus on him a bit?
LOL! All the matchups that I thought I would do better with Kirby (MK at Gametable, Rush's Diddy at APEX) I actually do better WITH GANON! My Kirby is terrible. I'll try and figure out a few characters and see which one gells with my playstyle the best. It feels like Melee all over again, shuffling around characters until I have one that fancies my style. I was so determined to have an actual main in Brawl and it ends up being the worst character in the game. Figures.

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
You know what else is on October 11th...?

VIDEO GAMES LIVES.
cnwo;rgnkvjwdjwa/,.l
=D

Shall see about stopping by though. =P

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Lol im still iffy on entering doubles. If i do i would probably team with ak since he the only one left who mains a heavyweight(Which peach needs as a doubles partner)

If any good game and watch wants to team let me know. If not ill just enter singles and do mm's

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
BtL2 has ya covered there

Depending on how things run with these, i might add some b+ side events like i did last season

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Due to some problems I might not be able to host on this day. I just put the request in to push the event back one week to October 18th, the day after SPOC. It shouldn't be a problem. I'll let everyone know the moment I get the confirmation from the school.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Due to some problems I might not be able to host on this day. I just put the request in to push the event back one week to October 18th, the day after SPOC. It shouldn't be a problem. I'll let everyone know the moment I get the confirmation from the school.
Good thing you posted this. I was just about to put in to take off oct 11th tomorrow.

Anyway i think a official splooken harmony should be done to start off the dso circuit by me dotcom and kaylo! At the very end we may just may let in a small chibo splooken. But i doubt it though!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
How are you doing points. 1-7th for singles and 1-5th for doubles?
I'll see if I can get this posted tonight. I'm not sure yet. It will definitely be more places than that, that is pretty limited. I'll probably do like top 12 for regular biweeklies, and top 16 or 32 (with top placers getting more than normal points) for the first event. There is no points for doubles at the moment.

Top Bottom