• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dropping in for a fight - DeMille for Smash!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That’s what I like to hear! Thanks for the support! You’ve been added to the support list. Since you’ve never played the game, feel free to shoot over any questions you might have! I’d be happy to answer, and hopefully give you a better idea of how the game and its characters could work in Smash. :)

By the way, this brings us to 10 supporters! It’s not a huge number, but for a character that’s as obscure as DeMille is, I think we’re doing pretty well. So thank you to everyone who’s supported so far! I hope we get many more supporters down the line. :)

By the way, for a topic of discussion, I was wondering - assuming that the new art is actually for a new game with new designs, which design do you think DeMille would have if he joined Smash? His original design, or the new one? On the one hand, if he’s in a new game, then the new design would be the one new players would be familiar with, but on the other hand, his original design is how fans of his game have seen him for many years, so it’s more iconic among them. We’ve seen them use older designs in Smash before, like with Pac-Man, so neither situation is out of the question. What do you guys think?
I kinda like the old design better, but I’d wanna see the new one in game before settling on either.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
By the way, for a topic of discussion, I was wondering - assuming that the new art is actually for a new game with new designs, which design do you think DeMille would have if he joined Smash? His original design, or the new one? On the one hand, if he’s in a new game, then the new design would be the one new players would be familiar with, but on the other hand, his original design is how fans of his game have seen him for many years, so it’s more iconic among them. We’ve seen them use older designs in Smash before, like with Pac-Man, so neither situation is out of the question. What do you guys think?

Seriously though, Sakurai has been known to make decisions like that, so...

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like the old design better, but I’d wanna see the new one in game before settling on either.
That’s a good point! I prefer the old design too, but I also like the new one from what the art shows, so it’ll be good to get a better look at it in the future!

Seriously though, Sakurai has been known to make decisions like that, so...
Heh, that’s the ideal situation, of course! But as you said, Sakurai tends not to add too many costumes besides the usual color swaps. For example, Link, Zelda, and Shiek all use different designs in Ultimate, and the previous ones don’t seem to be available as alternate costumes. Sakurai does seem to be going a bit further with costumes this time, like with Mario’s builder and wedding outfits, but right now it doesn’t seem like there will be too many cases like that.

In the case of DeMille’s new design, there’s a tie, so they’d have to make it flop around when he’s moving. That wouldn’t be needed with the other design, and other color swaps. So if they went with the original design as his primary one, would they want to put in that effort for an alternate costume? Link has the “Tunic of the Wild” costume which gives him the usual green outfit, including the floppy hat, so it’s possible, but it’s somehing worth thinking about. :)

Also, we’ve made it to the second page! :D

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
So a new leak came out recently that stated a number of things! For this thread, the important parts are:
There are gonna be 12 newcomers in total from which 5 of them are going to be based on other fighters.

For the new ones I only got information on 3 characters who should appear in this title:

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X
Normally, I wouldn't think much of it, but in today's Direct, it was revealed that Chrom is in the game as an Echo Fighter, and he is indeed based off of Roy and uses effects other than flames! It also got today's original newcomers - Simon and K. Rool - correctly. But why am I posting this here in DeMille's thread? Well, one of the Echo Fighters mentioned in the leak caught my eye!

According to this leak, Soren from Fire Emblem will also be added as an Echo Fighter of Robin. This initially doesn't seem to relate to DeMille at all - however, the Brawl polls strike once again. Soren appeared once in the results! Soren is not a character with much support, and with Sukapon being confirmed as an Assist Trophy, if Soren shows up, then I think it's pretty safe to say that Sakurai is indeed taking the Brawl polls into account in the development of Ultimate!

But what does that do for us? Well, if the team looked over the polls again, DeMille undoubtedly came up at some point. And with how much stuff Sakurai is putting into the game based on fan requests (Ridley, K. Rool, etc.), and the fact that he's putting in some of the remaining obscure stuff from the poll (Sukapon, potentially Soren), it seems somewhat likely that DeMille could show up too - as a playable character or otherwise - especially when you take into account that DeMille and Oguma (another Fire Emblem character) actually showed up more than Soren on the polls!

I will admit that I don't fully believe this leak yet, but I posted it here because every piece of potential evidence is good in my books! We'll have to see how the reveals go as we get closer to launch, as that will determine the validity of the leak. But if this does turn out to be true, then that definitely strengthens DeMille's chances!

(Thanks to N3ON N3ON for posting the leak, as I hadn't seen it prior to her posting it. Also, thanks to iam8bit iam8bit for pointing out that Soren was on the Brawl polls - I've been focusing on the 22 characters who appeared multiple times on that poll, so I didn't think to check for Soren. Both of their posts were from the Isaac support thread!)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're welcome I suppose, though I don't actually believe this leak, so please take it with a massive grain of salt.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome I suppose, though I don't actually believe this leak, so please take it with a massive grain of salt.
Yeah, of course! I'm still not convinced either, but I figure it's worth throwing out there to keep in mind as we get closer to launch and more reveals happen. For an obscure character like DeMille, every rumor that could hint at his inclusion is worth considering! :)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
You're welcome FamicomDisk FamicomDisk . Your support thread is super cute, by the way! DeMille and Isaac are charactes originated in the GBA, an console/era seemingly ignored by Sakurai so far, so our supported characters share that in common, ha ha.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome FamicomDisk FamicomDisk . Your support thread is super cute, by the way! DeMille and Isaac are characters originated in the GBA, an console/era seemingly ignored by Sakurai so far, so our supported characters share that in common, ha ha.
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate it! Just to be clear - DeMille is my most-wanted newcomer, but Isaac is a close second! I'm a big Isaac supporter as well. So in regards to him, we support the same character. :) Here's hoping the GBA gets some new characters in Ultimate - at the moment, I think Lucas is the only one that originated on the GBA!

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Time for an update!

I made a bunch of GIFs to go along with the moveset in the OP! That way, it's easier to see the moves instead of needing to link to videos. At the moment, there are GIFs for DeMille's entrance animation, Final Smash, neutral attack, all Smash attacks, and all Special attacks. Check them out!

(There are four green GIFs, four red GIFs, and two blue ones. If some of them don't load, open up the moveset below! It has an easier time loading them all.)

These are made to go along with the moveset in the opening post, so there isn't much explanation on the GIFs themselves. So if you're wondering how one of them might work in Smash, check out the moveset! It's from the opening post, but here it is again for easy viewing:

Entrance

Drives onto the stage in his Snea-car, but the seat ejects with DeMille in it, landing him in his starting position while the car drives off screen. (This references the animation that plays when you fail the Snea-car game - can be seen in this video from 4:03 - 4:07!)

Ground Attacks

Neutral: Delivers two punches with gloves, and then deals an uppercut with an image of a dragon surrounding his fist, sending the opponent backwards diagonally. Each punch deals 2%, and the uppercut deals 5%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:51 - 0:58!)

Forward Tilt: Throws out his Gear Yoyo once, pulling it in quickly. Deals 8%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:00 - 0:03!)

Up Tilt: Throws his Gear Yoyo upwards, pulling it back quickly. Deals 8%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:00 - 0:03!)

Down Tilt: Kicks quickly, spinning around with each A press - similar to Lucas', but he stays closer to the ground. Deals 3% per hit. (Not based on anything in particular!)

Dash Attack: Dives forward, with arms outstretched. Works similarily to Pikachu's dash attack. Deals 10%. (Not based on anything in particular!)

Smash Attacks

Forward: Smashes down with Noisy Face, launching the opponent. Deals 20% uncharged, 25% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Up: Puts his hands together and closes his eyes, and brings his head down slowly as he charges the attack. When the attack is released, he stands up straight and bows, releasing the Paper Crane above him, along with some flower petals that are only cosmetic. Deals 13% uncharged, 18% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:33 - 0:39!)

Down: A Pyramid appears on top of his hat, and he closes his eyes and moves his hands up and down as he charges the attack. When released, a triangle appears around him, damaging opponents within it, and then shatters, blasting everyone within it away. Deals 15% uncharged, 20% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:30 - 0:35!)

Aerial Attacks

Neutral: Spins around using his Tanooki Tail. Deals 4% if it it barely hits, or 10% if the opponent is close. (This move can be seen in this video!)

Up: Thrusts a Noisy Face upwards, slamming the opponent. Deals 15%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Forward: Slams a Noisy Face forwards, slamming downwards. If it connects just right, it deals a Meteor Smash! Deals 10%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Back: Kicks backwards. Deals 10%. (Not based on anything in particular!)

Special Attacks

Neutral: When B is held, the Linear Glove appears on DeMille's hand, and begins charging. When released, DeMille shoots the Linear Glove off of his hand, shooting it quickly across the field. Deals 15% uncharged, and 25% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:16 - 0:22!)

Side: Pulls out Chomper, and makes it bite the opponent. Deals the most damage if the opponent is at the tip, right where the mouth is. Deals 10%, or 17% at the tip. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:25 - 0:29!)

Up: DeMille will hop onto his hoverboard, and fly upwards while B is held. He can be moved left and right while riding the board. After a time, the board will stop going up, the rockets will turn off, and it will begin to fall. At any time during the move (including once it begins falling), DeMille can leap upwards and off the the board by pressing A, allowing for a little more height. Does not cause any damage usually, but if DeMille leaps off the board, it will explode once it hits the ground, dealing 5% to an opponent hit by it. (Based on his hoverboard from the game, which isn't an attack - can be seen in this video from 5:52 - 10:30!)

Down: DeMille will pull out Mr. Volcano, who will send a flaming boulder in front of DeMille. The boulder deals 20%, and players will take small amounts of damage if they touch Mr. Volcano. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:05 - 0:10!)

Grabs

Pummel: Headbutts the opponent. Deals 2% per hit.

Up Throw: Picks up the opponent, then uppercuts them, with an image of a dragon surrounding his fist. Deals 7%.

Down Throw: Pushes the opponent to the ground, and then immediately slams them with a Noisy Face. Deals 8%.

Forward Throw: Kicks the opponent forwards. Deals 6%.

Back Throw: Spins the opponent around, and then kicks them from behind. Deals 7%.

Miscellanious Attacks

Getting Up from a Fall: Spins around and kicks, and then hops up. Very similar to Ness and Lucas. Deals 5%.

Ledge Attack: Rolls up over the ledge and kicks downwards. Deals 5%.

Taunts

Up: Takes out a tomato, looks at it hesitantly, and then eats it. He gags, puts an arm over his stomach and covers his mouth, and leans forward, and then closes his eyes, shakes his head, and straightens back up. (This doesn't reference any specific scene or pose, but it references DeMille's dislike of tomatoes.)

Side: Turns to the screen, and then strikes the pose he does in the opening sequence. (The pose in question can be seen on the alternate costumes area of this post, but I'll put them here too for convenience. Here's that pose!)

Down: Closes his eyes, and in a panic, flails his arms and legs around. (This references his panicked animation from Tomato Adventure, which he does fairly often. Check it out at 2:05 in this video!)

Final Smash: Tomato Robot Mk. II

DeMille calls out, "Aresa!", and is sucked upwards by a beam of light. He appears inside a robot cockpit with Aresa - one of his party members from Tomato Adventure - where they high five, and then look through the window, where the battlefield is. A reticle appears, and you can aim it at an opponent similar to the Dragoon. Like the the Dragoon, everyone can continue to move while you aim. Pressing A will cause the robot to attack the selected spot, locking everything in place and dealing several hits with heart-shaped bullets. DeMille will then hop out of the cockpit and return to the battlefield, coming down in another beam of light. If you successfully target a player, it deals 75% to the target. (This is based on an Extreme Attack from Tomato Adventure, which you can see in this video!)

Let me know what you think! :)

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

I made a bunch of GIFs to go along with the moveset in the OP! That way, it's easier to see the moves instead of needing to link to videos. At the moment, there are GIFs for DeMille's entrance animation, Final Smash, neutral attack, all Smash attacks, and all Special attacks. Check them out!

(There are four green GIFs, four red GIFs, and two blue ones. If some of them don't load, open up the moveset below! It has an easier time loading them all.)

These are made to go along with the moveset in the opening post, so there isn't much explanation on the GIFs themselves. So if you're wondering how one of them might work in Smash, check out the moveset! It's from the opening post, but here it is again for easy viewing:

Entrance

Drives onto the stage in his Snea-car, but the seat ejects with DeMille in it, landing him in his starting position while the car drives off screen. (This references the animation that plays when you fail the Snea-car game - can be seen in this video from 4:03 - 4:07!)

Ground Attacks

Neutral: Delivers two punches with gloves, and then deals an uppercut with an image of a dragon surrounding his fist, sending the opponent backwards diagonally. Each punch deals 2%, and the uppercut deals 5%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:51 - 0:58!)

Forward Tilt: Throws out his Gear Yoyo once, pulling it in quickly. Deals 8%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:00 - 0:03!)

Up Tilt: Throws his Gear Yoyo upwards, pulling it back quickly. Deals 8%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:00 - 0:03!)

Down Tilt: Kicks quickly, spinning around with each A press - similar to Lucas', but he stays closer to the ground. Deals 3% per hit. (Not based on anything in particular!)

Dash Attack: Dives forward, with arms outstretched. Works similarily to Pikachu's dash attack. Deals 10%. (Not based on anything in particular!)

Smash Attacks

Forward: Smashes down with Noisy Face, launching the opponent. Deals 20% uncharged, 25% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Up: Puts his hands together and closes his eyes, and brings his head down slowly as he charges the attack. When the attack is released, he stands up straight and bows, releasing the Paper Crane above him, along with some flower petals that are only cosmetic. Deals 13% uncharged, 18% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:33 - 0:39!)

Down: A Pyramid appears on top of his hat, and he closes his eyes and moves his hands up and down as he charges the attack. When released, a triangle appears around him, damaging opponents within it, and then shatters, blasting everyone within it away. Deals 15% uncharged, 20% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:30 - 0:35!)

Aerial Attacks

Neutral: Spins around using his Tanooki Tail. Deals 4% if it it barely hits, or 10% if the opponent is close. (This move can be seen in this video!)

Up: Thrusts a Noisy Face upwards, slamming the opponent. Deals 15%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Forward: Slams a Noisy Face forwards, slamming downwards. If it connects just right, it deals a Meteor Smash! Deals 10%. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:27 - 0:31!)

Special Attacks

Neutral: When B is held, the Linear Glove appears on DeMille's hand, and begins charging. When released, DeMille shoots the Linear Glove off of his hand, shooting it quickly across the field. Deals 15% uncharged, and 25% charged. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:16 - 0:22!)

Side: Pulls out Chomper, and makes it bite the opponent. Deals the most damage if the opponent is at the tip, right where the mouth is. Deals 10%, or 17% at the tip. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:25 - 0:29!)

Up: DeMille will hop onto his hoverboard, and fly upwards while B is held. He can be moved left and right while riding the board. After a time, the board will stop going up, the rockets will turn off, and it will begin to fall. At any time during the move (including once it begins falling), DeMille can leap upwards and off the the board by pressing A, allowing for a little more height. Does not cause any damage usually, but if DeMille leaps off the board, it will explode once it hits the ground, dealing 5% to an opponent hit by it. (Based on his hoverboard from the game, which isn't an attack - can be seen in this video from 5:52 - 10:30!)

Down: DeMille will pull out Mr. Volcano, who will send a flaming boulder in front of DeMille. The boulder deals 20%, and players will take small amounts of damage if they touch Mr. Volcano. (This move can be seen in this video from 0:05 - 0:10!)

Grabs

Up Throw: Picks up the opponent, then uppercuts them, with an image of a dragon surrounding his fist. Deals 7%.

Down Throw: Pushes the opponent to the ground, and then immediately slams them with a Noisy Face. Deals 8%.

Back Throw: Spins the opponent around, and then kicks them from behind. Deals 7%.

Miscellanious Attacks

Getting Up from a Fall: Spins around and kicks, and then hops up. Very similar to Ness and Lucas. Deals 5%.

Taunts

Up: Takes out a tomato, looks at it hesitantly, and then eats it. He gags, puts an arm over his stomach and covers his mouth, and leans forward, and then closes his eyes, shakes his head, and straightens back up. (This doesn't reference any specific scene or pose, but it references DeMille's dislike of tomatoes.)

Side: Turns to the screen, and then strikes the pose he does in the opening sequence. (The pose in question can be seen on the alternate costumes area of this post, but I'll put them here too for convenience. Here's that pose!)

Down: Closes his eyes, and in a panic, flails his arms and legs around. (This references his panicked animation from Tomato Adventure, which he does fairly often. Check it out at 2:05 in this video!)

DeMille calls out, "Aresa!", and is sucked upwards by a beam of light. He appears inside a robot cockpit with Aresa - one of his party members from Tomato Adventure - where they high five, and then look through the window, where the battlefield is. A reticle appears, and you can aim it at an opponent similar to the Dragoon. Like the the Dragoon, everyone can continue to move while you aim. Pressing A will cause the robot to attack the selected spot, locking everything in place and dealing several hits with heart-shaped bullets. DeMille will then hop out of the cockpit and return to the battlefield, coming down in another beam of light. If you successfully target a player, it deals 75% to the target. (This is based on an Extreme Attack from Tomato Adventure, which you can see in this video!)

Love the effort you put into this. I'd be happy to give Tomato Adventure a try sometime. I love trying out the hidden gems in the Nintendo library

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Entrance

Ground Attacks

Smash Attacks

Aerial Attacks

Special Attacks

Grabs

Miscellanious Attacks

Taunts

Looking good! The gifs really give a good grasp of what a moveset could be like, so inventive.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Love the effort you put into this. I'd be happy to give Tomato Adventure a try sometime. I love trying out the hidden gems in the Nintendo library
Thank you! I enjoy making stuff for the thread. :) I've always liked playing hidden gems too! Tomato Adventure hasn't been translated yet, though a patch that translates the menus can be found here!

Are you interested in being added to the support list? :)

Looking good! The gifs really give a good grasp of what a moveset could be like, so inventive.
Thanks! That was my goal - all of the moves look unique, but it's much easier to see at a glance how DeMille fights if it's all together in front of you rather than just being a link. It's a lot more fun to look at, too! :p

--

And on that note, here are the rest of the moves based on attacks from Tomato Adventure! Tilts and Aerials. Two of these show the same move as one of the previous GIFs, since they're based on the same one - however, I made them to complete the set so each move in the moveset has an animation with it. :) The moveset details how each move would operate in Smash! Even if two are based on the same move, they won't operate the same.

Entrance

Ground Attacks

Smash Attacks

Aerial Attacks

Special Attacks

Grabs

Miscellanious Attacks

Taunts

I also just learned that I don't have a down aerial in the moveset. Maybe I should add one sometime soon! :p

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I saw DeMille's spirit icon in the Direct footage right before the adventure mode trailer was shown. I just wanted to let the supporters know that their character had a small, but significant appearance!

grizby2

Smash Lord
hey! I saw the spirit icon in the direct!
I was like "hmm? oh hey! that guy! yeah!"
I know its not playable status, but you gotta admit, for someone so obscure, that's pretty cool. plus, its not decomfirmation! consider yourselves lucky!

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I saw DeMille's spirit icon in the Direct footage right before the adventure mode trailer was shown. I just wanted to let the supporters know that their character had a small, but significant appearance!
Thanks for posting! I was really surprised, honestly - he was in the very first Spirits info animation. It may be a small appearance, but it’s better than what he’s had in past games, so it’s a good step forward! Maybe he’ll get a remix or two. :)

His appearance as a Spirit also means that for the first time, we’ll have some official localized names for some of the stuff from the game! I think that’s awesome. I wonder who we’ll fight to represent him? Maybe Ness?

And worth noting - several playable characters appear as Spirits, like K. Rool, so DeMille isn’t out of the running just yet! Who knows what DLC could bring? :)

I’ll get the image of his Spirit posted later!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah! I saw him too!

Thanks for posting! I was really surprised, honestly - he was in the very first Spirits info animation. It may be a small appearance, but it’s better than what he’s had in past games, so it’s a good step forward! Maybe he’ll get a remix or two. :)

His appearance as a Spirit also means that for the first time, we’ll have some official localized names for some of the stuff from the game! I think that’s awesome. I wonder who we’ll fight to represent him? Maybe Ness?

And worth noting - several playable characters appear as Spirits, like K. Rool, so DeMille isn’t out of the running just yet! Who knows what DLC could bring? :)

I’ll get the image of his Spirit posted later!
To think that DeMille (and hopefully his friends as well) got something MEANINGFUL in Smash! Well, at least more meaningful than in Brawl, since Spirits are actually going to help you in the story mode.

BTW, can I just say that it's STILL really throwing me for a loop right now that Galeem (Smash Ultimate's Thanos main antagonist) wiped out the ENTIRE Nintendo multiverse AND its inhabitants? Including EVERYONE from Tomato Adventure? Galeem didn't even leave the obscure folks alive! It's inconceivable...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To think that DeMille (and hopefully his friends as well) got something MEANINGFUL in Smash! Well, at least more meaningful than in Brawl, since Spirits are actually going to help you in the story mode.

BTW, can I just say that it's STILL really throwing me for a loop right now that Galeem (Smash Ultimate's Thanos main antagonist) wiped out the ENTIRE Nintendo multiverse AND its inhabitants? Including EVERYONE from Tomato Adventure? Galeem didn't even leave the obscure folks alive! It's inconceivable...
This monster must be destroyed at all costs! (pulls out bazooka) Who's with me!?!

By the way, I support DeMille in Smash, out of respect for his role in the creation of the Mario & Luigi series. Sign me up!

ShinyRedUmbreon

Smash Rookie
I was also gonna point put the DeMille appearing in spirits mode, but it seems somebody beat me to it. But either way, I support DeMille, he seems like a really good character for Smash, and it’d be great to see him as a DLC fighter!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I support! Here’s a list of special moves I cooked up:

Special Moves:

B : Linear Glove; DeMille charges up his glove and fires it like a rocket.

B + Forwards : Chomper; DeMille takes out a toy crocodile head and springs it out. It’s reach length is between that of Corrin and Simon Belmont.

B + Up : Hoverboard; DeMille jumps onto his Hoverboard and floats up to recover.

B + Down : Mr. Volcano; DeMille (sort of?) turns into Mr. Volcano and spews volcanic boulders. Opponents take 17% damage from the boulder and MUCH less when touching the Volcano himself.

Final Smash: Doki Doki Train; DeMille pulls out a whistle, and the noise static affects anyone around him. They are then dropped (get it?) into a cinematic attack where the train appears and launches them.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Wow, sorry for the delay! Wasn't expecting such a sudden surge in support!

Right?! It's so cool to me! Especially since, considering he appeared in the initial Spirits animation, he'll likely be one of the enemies you face. Hopefully fans of a ton of other obscure characters get a small victory through Spirits like us!

I've never heard of this but it looks like FamicomDisk FamicomDisk put a LOT of effort into this so I'm down.
Thanks a lot! :) I'm glad the post got you interested! Feel free to ask any questions you may have about DeMille or his game - I'd be happy to answer them to give you a better idea of what he can do!

This monster must be destroyed at all costs! (pulls out bazooka) Who's with me!?!

By the way, I support DeMille in Smash, out of respect for his role in the creation of the Mario & Luigi series. Sign me up!
Bazookas armed!

...And thanks! :) I appreciate the support!

I was also gonna point put the DeMille appearing in spirits mode, but it seems somebody beat me to it. But either way, I support DeMille, he seems like a really good character for Smash, and it’d be great to see him as a DLC fighter!
Thanks for the support! Here's hoping he shows up as DLC! :)

I support! Here’s a list of special moves I cooked up:

Special Moves:

B : Linear Glove; DeMille charges up his glove and fires it like a rocket.

B + Forwards : Chomper; DeMille takes out a toy crocodile head and springs it out. It’s reach length is between that of Corrin and Simon Belmont.

B + Up : Hoverboard; DeMille jumps onto his Hoverboard and floats up to recover.

B + Down : Mr. Volcano; DeMille (sort of?) turns into Mr. Volcano and spews volcanic boulders. Opponents take 17% damage from the boulder and MUCH less when touching the Volcano himself.

Final Smash: Doki Doki Train; DeMille pulls out a whistle, and the noise static affects anyone around him. They are then dropped (get it?) into a cinematic attack where the train appears and launches them.
Wow, nice! The most common idea for the Final Smash is the Tomato Robot, and that's what I went with in my concept, but I always like seeing different ideas for DeMille! I've seen a handful that utilize the Doki Doki Train, and I do think it'd be the best option among DeMille's solo attacks. :) I also think the idea of him turning into Mr. Volcano is funny. How exactly do you imagine it? Would he wear Mr. Volcano as a hat? :) I'd be happy to add your concept to the opening post if you want!

Look very closely on the bottom right, and you'll notice DeMille
Yeah! Here's an image that has him in view a bit better:

Like all of the Spirits, it uses artwork from his original game - to be specific, it's this one!

---

Thanks to ShadowYoshi04 ShadowYoshi04 , C chocolatejr9 , ShinyRedUmbreon ShinyRedUmbreon , and Perkilator Perkilator , we're at 15 supporters! :)

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
It honestly put a smile on my face.
Me too! Hopefully it leads to a bit more representation from the game. :) I'd love a remix or another reference somewhere - even more Spirits from Tomato Adventure would be more than welcome!

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
You think that leaked new artwork is a possible remake pitch for Tomato Adventure? I mean, AlphaDream would have to get the BiS remake out of the way first, but still.
That was my initial reaction, but after I took a closer look, I’m not confident it’s for a remake!

Something interesting about it is that it’s not actually a leak - it’s readily available for anyone on AlphaDream’s official website! It was added in July, when they re-did their whole website. They even added a blog! But they haven’t made any changes to the site, nor have they made any blog posts, since then. So my thinking is, they’re keeping quiet until they want to start putting out updates about announced projects.

The recruitment page where the art can be found says they’re recruiting for Switch, PS4, and mobile projects - with no projects announced for any of these platforms, I think that this new Tomato Adventure game will be their first one for the Switch, and after the Bowser’s Inside Story remake is released, it’ll get announced, and they’ll do more consistent updates via their new blog.

But the art features new designs, a situation never seen in the original game, and a style that is far more detailed than any of the original’s art! So I would have to assume that it’s for a sequel rather than a remake. But with how long it’s been, maybe they’re also planning a remake? It would make sense to let newcomers see how it began, especially if it’s a direct sequel and if they plan on localizing it.

I definitely think the art is hinting at a project, though! When AlphaDream announces their first Switch project, I think we’ll learn what it is. :)

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Say, who do you all think DeMille will possess as a Spirit? Right now, I'm leaning towards Ness...
Ness makes sense to me! He’s the only character with a yo-yo, and DeMille’s first Gimmick is a Gear Yo-yo! It’s also the one he’s often shown with, so it makes sense to have it be Ness. I’m not sure how different the Spirits’ properties will be in the battles, but if it’s Ness, maybe he’ll prioritize using the yo-yo moves?

I can’t think of anyone else that would fit attack-wise, but if it isn’t Ness, I’m curious to see who will fight for DeMille!

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Do we know if anyone besides DeMille is a Spirit?
C chocolatejr9 is correct! Both DeMille and the Tomatrio are Spirits. The Tomatrio are friendly tip-giving characters, showing up in different places to give you advice or teach you things, as well as showing up in certain cutscenes. They aren't enemies! A picture of their Spirit can be seen here! According to the full datamined list of Spirits, DeMille and the Tomatrio are the only two Spirits from the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom