• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DRDN's World

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
DRDN's World
December 17th, 2011
7567 Lozier, Warren MI, 48091

Host: DRDN (Durden)
Stream: http://www.justin.tv/paperststreams
Schedule

11am Door Opens
12pm Registration Begins for Series Doubles and Singles
2pm Series Doubles Starts
4PM Brawl Singles Begins

Payouts
Singles, > 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Prices

$10 Singles
$20 Teams ($10 per person)
$2 Venue*
The venue fee can be waived if you bring a full setup or a recording setup

Food
There is a KGC Mcdonalds Burger King Checkers and 7-11 all within walking distance.

Rules
3 Stock
8 minute timer
No Items
Pause=OFF
Team Attack=ON
Life sharing=OK
Double Elimination
Best 2/3 (WF,LF,GF are best 3/5)
All infinites are legal but must be ended after 300%
Any form of a game breaking glitch is banned and will result in loss of game(MK IDC glitch or Green Greens exploding blocks glitch) It is your responsibility to know how to avoid these glitches
DRDN's Stupid Rule: No stage may be played more then 1 time during a set(this includes continuation sets for Grand Finals)
If an automatic suicide move finishes the game the winner is whoever was in control of it(Gannon will always win but Bowser MAY lose if he had a higher %)
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

Playing Procedure:
1) Both players choose their ports(disputes will be settled by G&W Hammers)
2) Both players choose their Charecters (a double Blind pick may be asked for if needed)
3) The first stage will be chosen by stage striking. the first person strikes 2 stages then the second player strikes 3 more and fnially the first player strikes the last stage
4) The winner of that game will then ban 2 stages from the set.
5) The other player will then pick a counter stage.
6) The winner will choose his charecter first.
7) The Loser chooses their charecter
8) repeat steps 5-7 as needed

9) Grand Finals Continuation Set is a continuation from the first set meaning that you would start with the person from Winners picking the first stage they play on. There are still no more bans and you continue Steps 5-7 as needed

Stage List

Neutrals
Battlefield
Delphino Plaza
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Lylat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Seige
SmashVille

Counter Picks
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Drive
Skyworld
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Onett
Mario Circuit
Green Greens

Since Super Smash Bros Brawl is made up of Nintendos All Stars I decided that Doubles will be Series Doubles.

Series Doubles

Modified Rules For Teams
Teams can only have 1 of each charecter
Both charecters need to be from the same series during each game
You are able to switch teams in between games but they must also match

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Legend of Zelda
Link
Shelda
Gannon
Toon Link

Metroid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus

DreamLand
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight

Starfox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Retro
Ice Climbers
Rob
Game and Watch
Pit

Dont Belong
Snake
Sonic

Smash 64 OG's
Mario
Luigi
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Ness
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Link
Yoshi

SET-UPS

TV
1.DRDN
2.DRDN

Wii+Brawl(All Wiis will need to be modified so I can use Infinite replay)
1.DRDN

Recoding Devices
1.DRDN

Laptop/CPUs
1.DRDN

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT

There will be a bonus prize pot of $100 for doubles and $150 for singles

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey this is the day before /Hope4... idk what MI's plan is going to be for it but I just thought I would bring this to your attention.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I wanted Dec 10th for my upcoming event as well. This may be tricky.

And dude you best not have any jank *** stages like Green Greens legal or this **** is not counting for the PR lol

And **** Kirby on Japes.

And Port Town.

And half the legal stages on your wii.

:yeahboi:

DRDN

Smash Master
1 IDGAF about pr I care about the fun of the tourney and afterwords drinking
2 you already got to see most of the CPs I put on I'm very liberal until I see why I shouldn't be
3 I think the more skilled players should learn their surroundings better then their opponent

There's not too much crossover into melee but there would be some and tech get off my date lol but no I already knew that because of mega robman coming which is why I picked the 17th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I wanted Dec 10th for my upcoming event as well. This may be tricky.
:yeahboi:
Already post a thread about it so I can buy my tickets :p

Or, you should tell me it's official, and I will make a tournament thread for MI and have it featuring the Nebraska FreeR players #1, 2 and 4.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MK Mike, ask Thugz about him, he's our kind of guy if you know what I mean
(add a no homo if you don't)
, he mains low tier so we should do a low tier tournament (for brawl). And he mains Falco in melee and he got 5th at EVO MLG Vegas back in like 2007 or something, but he hates melee now because "it's baahaaahaaad game" and only wants to play teams and will only play falco if JBM 4 stocks his luigi/pikachu/roy/samus/ganon, etc, in order. It's like you have to unlock his Falco or something. He hates brawl too but says Samus is the most fun character ever in a game, and he plays her gayer than AIDS.

TBH, He's basically coming because the trip is cheap (so far, that's why I want to book it now!!!!) and he wants to go to the Lions/Vikings game. He is a 9ers fan, but he's always been a +neutral for the Lions so going to the game is his top priority, but I bet he'll actually start practicing if we have something to look forward to.

inb4fourtwenty

Roller

Smash Legend
1 IDGAF about pr I care about the fun of the tourney and afterwords drinking
2 you already got to see most of the CPs I put on I'm very liberal until I see why I shouldn't be
3 I think the more skilled players should learn their surroundings better then their opponent

There's not too much crossover into melee but there would be some and tech get off my date lol but no I already knew that because of mega robman coming which is why I picked the 17th
For 2, to be fair, a Kirby main obviously isn't going to see why.
Also, I disagree with 3. But That's all about how you believe the game should be played.

I'm crossover. ;;

EDIT: Not to make it seem like I object to you using a liberal list. Do whatever you feel is best. Though if the tourney doesn't count for a PR, just be ready for people to not put this as high on their priority list for tourneys they want to attend this season.

That being said, as long as the list isn't more liberal than MLG. I feel like it should probably be counted. This coming from an ICs main.

DRDN

Smash Master
I get your point for 2 but thats why i say until I see why I shouldn't be I'll be open to talk about my stagelist AFTER the tourney because I won't listen to anyone who doesn't try.

and my stage list is more liberal but its also my starting list and I think the way my rules will be will make them fun

as for it not being on PR making it lower on the list most people on the PR will probably go to HOPE if they have the money for that AND APEX 3 weeks later. I may do something to sweeten the pot :) but I need time to see if that works out(part of why I don't want to do a Nov tourney)

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Delfino Neutral? Picto a CP again?
I love you.

Also, unless I'm ********, what's the entry fee and all that jazzy stuff =o?

DRDN

Smash Master
I haven't put that up because I haven't decided on times and venue since the venues really free but I might use that fee for later tourneys and such

But the tourneys should be the standard 10 for singles and 10 each for dubs maybe 5 since its so different

THuGz

Smash Lord
It's not even funny when I literally post it on boards... LOL GUYS LOOK THUGZ SAID SOMETHING ON BOARDS LETS ACT LIKE ITS SRS AND BE ALL LOL

and I'm all like.

k.

Top Bottom