• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DRDN's World

How jo doin

Smash Rookie
Lol@ this tourney stage list. FD a cp? Looks like someone doesn't want to get owned by characters that are good there. And since you main Kirby I assume you did that on purpose am I right? Lol Delfino Neutral?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Lol@ this tourney stage list. FD a cp? Looks like someone doesn't want to get owned by characters that are good there. And since you main Kirby I assume you did that on purpose am I right? Lol Delfino Neutral?
I was a kirby main now I use diddy more. Which FD is his best stage so take me there all you want but that stage is too hard of a cp to have as a neutral. Delphino is a combination of different types of stages and more even on MUs then FD ever will be

Roller

Smash Legend
I fail to see how a stage which moves, has water, walkoffs, walls to infinite on, allows for sharking for over half the time; and a janky part with 3 tiny platforms, the rest all water, and the lowest ceiling in the game; is more "neutral" than just a flat stage...

But maybe I'm crazy.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I believe that some stages are far too dynamic and disruptive to be considered legal for competitive tournament play. Having Delfino over FD as a starter is negligible, however having stages like Pictochat, Mario Circuit, Green Greens and Port Town Aero Drive is far too liberal based off the target audience. You want newer players to attend and that is great, however do you really want to introduce them to a stage list that is so far left of the competitive stage list? Because the other half of that involves your competitive players. Their niche in a scenario like this to help introduce the newer players and educate them. You may be deterring some players away by setting it up to where the could ****ed over by a bad stage.

Like this stage list is D3 heaven against CGables. I'll glady walk off someone on Circuit, and Wall infinite someone on Green Greens. Or how about I just break the platforms on Skyworld and shark for 8 minutes?

Groovy.

Consider tweaking the list. My honest opinion as a TO.

Do what you gotta do, but just consider my words of advice.
:phone:

DRDN

Smash Master
I'm sure most of if not all of these stages have been talked about in the unity thread and if some stages seem too bad I can change the list for my next tourney. As for players being detured from a bad stage maybe they will learn how to play on it with a will to win and use the stage gimiks to their advantage

Just remember a single block can gimp you or kill you for speedy chars who can't kill D3 easy or that because of your slow large size on skyworld if you don't break the platforms you can get tilt locked easier and if you cancel the up b there might not be any ground to land on ;)

LOE1

Smash Lord
teams of the same set, eh? lets see who do i know thats in the same set as wario...
Mario: no
Bowser:no
Peach: screw mikey's peach
Luigi: LOE1 that is all
Yoshi: screw yoshi's broken ***
DK: DK in a mario series wut
Wario: ...Wario ditto's PERFECT!

Roller

Smash Legend
I didn't even look at the extra doubles rules. lol They are mad wonky, but I think that they (minus the ridiculously abusable stages) could make for a really fun side event. Though I would think MK should be banned for that ruleset otherwise everyone will use Dreamland as they are obviously the best group.

DRDN

Smash Master
Since you cant have 2 mks its not so bad the partner has to be either kirby or d3 and there are plenty of good team combinations like ness and lucas or both samus" Personally since wolfs broken and falcos High tier I think thats the best team :yeahboi:

I can understand wanting to appeal to a more casual audience, but at least use decent stages.

Also remove DRDN's stupid rule, that's like making it impossible to win set 2 of grand finals against a MK player if you;re not MK, you end up having to take yourself to stages that are bad for your character like wtf? "so we already played on all the neutrals, aka stages where my character stands a chance, so now i guess I'll cp oh wait that's right, my character gets **** on everywhere else"

It's not a stupid rule its a ******** rule.

Also MK D3 is the most broken team that you'll find with your doubles rules. There will be no other team that actually stands a chance against it except for maybe MK Kirby.

Want to appeal to casuals? Then why add rules to make MK an even better character?

Like srsly? There is absolutely no reason to not use anyone besides Mk and Snake here. Oh wait thats right you cant even use snake in doubles lmao. Or GnW. so um that eliminates the nest 2 best doubles characters... leaving mk to dominate even more... jesus put some thought into things

DRDN

Smash Master
Wow worst post I've ever seen from you tutu

1 I already said after tech posted that this isn't for casuals
2 DSR is there so I don't have to watch GF be 2 sets of MK dittos on SV again
3 I have stated I believe a persons skill is measured by how he can adapt to his surroundings
4 notice Brinstar and RC are not on the list....MKs 2 best stages which is the only MK limitation on this ruleset....a LGL may be added if I use this again and I feel its needed
5 okay team with anyone but Lain Tech or Van and let's see that team of MK D3 WORK anyone who doesn't main D3 usually does terribad with him and he would be the weak link

6 the only char you can't use in dubs is Olimar snake and sonic can team G&W teams with the retros pit ics and rob

Why is it when a ruleset comes out all anyone can do is think about how MK can dominate it? Most MKs don't have practice on these cps because they have the same mindset you guys do "those stages are dumb and shouldn't be legal"

When I was trying to appeal to casual players was the smashfests and you guys all kinda said screw you to that...aside from tech gifts and mikey

1. Then who is this for?
2. DSR is that you can't cp a stage you've won in in the set with about agreement from the other player, set 2 of grand finals is not and should not affected by this.
3. You're wrong. All adding ****ty stages to a stage list does is make more mid tiers more unviable, and reinforces the benefit characters receive from having air mobility and multiple jumps. O wait, almost all of those characters are high tier and above already... dope.
4. MK's best two stages aren't on teh list... dope, cause he isn't a beast on half the ones you added in?
5. That's my point you just gave a super advantage to any D3 main, because any decent MK is going to pick out the best one they can find. Sounds like fun, why the **** would any one enter a tournament that you've basically told them if they don't co-main D3 they're ****ed?
6. Nobody plays sonic in MI, so basically theres no reason to go snake unless you feel you can beat MK/D3 in a 2v1... Are you hoping for like NOJ's return or something? Maybe Arc revived cause last time I checked, nobody plays those characters that's active in the Michigan community, GnW ICs? Enjoy getting destroyed by any team with a competent MK+other kirby character.

7. okay well, MK mains may not have practice on stages like Port town, its not really gonna matter since there's no ****ing ledge. A big part of recovering vs MK is being able to sweetspot a ledge... otherwise you have hard landing on the stage with MK will **** since he can ****ing shuttle loop through the stage. Onnet? hope you have a wall infinite bro, o MK has one.

And those stages are dumb. When a stage turns into you having to fight the stage over fighting the other player, then it's become an issue.

There is no good argument for this ruleset, it's ****ing horrible.

Appealing to casual players with smashfests isn't something anyone said was bad. AA actually tried to go, its just that you don't live close enough, and they kept being held on tournament weekends. Like last weekend Wtp showed interest in going, it didn't work out for you so whatever, that doesn't mean it won't work out every weekend, pick a weekend that doesn't have a tourny planned and we could probably convince kevin to drive down since he's already showed interest in going.

DRDN

Smash Master
1. Then who is this for?
2. DSR is that you can't cp a stage you've won in in the set with about agreement from the other player, set 2 of grand finals is not and should not affected by this.
3. You're wrong. All adding ****ty stages to a stage list does is make more mid tiers more unviable, and reinforces the benefit characters receive from having air mobility and multiple jumps. O wait, almost all of those characters are high tier and above already... dope.
4. MK's best two stages aren't on teh list... dope, cause he isn't a beast on half the ones you added in?
5. That's my point you just gave a super advantage to any D3 main, because any decent MK is going to pick out the best one they can find. Sounds like fun, why the **** would any one enter a tournament that you've basically told them if they don't co-main D3 they're ****ed?
6. Nobody plays sonic in MI, so basically theres no reason to go snake unless you feel you can beat MK/D3 in a 2v1... Are you hoping for like NOJ's return or something? Maybe Arc revived cause last time I checked, nobody plays those characters that's active in the Michigan community, GnW ICs? Enjoy getting destroyed by any team with a competent MK+other kirby character.

7. okay well, MK mains may not have practice on stages like Port town, its not really gonna matter since there's no ****ing ledge. A big part of recovering vs MK is being able to sweetspot a ledge... otherwise you have hard landing on the stage with MK will **** since he can ****ing shuttle loop through the stage. Onnet? hope you have a wall infinite bro, o MK has one.

And those stages are dumb. When a stage turns into you having to fight the stage over fighting the other player, then it's become an issue.

There is no good argument for this ruleset, it's ****ing horrible.

Appealing to casual players with smashfests isn't something anyone said was bad. AA actually tried to go, its just that you don't live close enough, and they kept being held on tournament weekends. Like last weekend Wtp showed interest in going, it didn't work out for you so whatever, that doesn't mean it won't work out every weekend, pick a weekend that doesn't have a tourny planned and we could probably convince kevin to drive down since he's already showed interest in going.
0. How many hours have you played on each of these stages indvidually?
1. Me
2. I didn't feel like typing the whole thing but you should have known what I was talking about since your complaining about it
3. I believe your wrong on this and since when was kirby a high teir? Last I checked he got closer to low teir stop focusing on D3 and MK
4.this one you need to let go there is NO stage list that hurts mk he will always be better then everyone else in any given situation
5. I would gladly face any of the teams with D3 because the best MKs in MI don't play anymore aside from lain who's the best regardless of his char
6.Yasu for 1 but why would you go snake against MK AND D3 aren't those MUs ****ty for him in singles now if he loses his partner he's almost guarenteed to lose
7. This is where you need a better strategy to win yeah there's no ledge but most of the time(I'm assuming your talking about when its moving) there's no dieing from below, yeah you take damage but your alive and able to double jump again. Onett what % of chars have an inf or high damage game againast a wall? And the cars there to stop infinites
8. For maining a ninja you sure have the wrong mindset you should never be fighting the stage you should be using it to your advantage. In one of my training vids I throw someone at dk and he bairs them into the ptad wall and it kills the opponent that's team work and using the stage stop thinking just pure fighting and think like a ninja and use the stage

And when ever id throw a sf to help the scene all you guys by AA said bring everyone to you. You wanted me to pack a dozen(first 2 had about 12 people total) people in my non existant car and drive them over an hour to the like 5 of you there...yeah also most of them live less then 3 miles away from here and are able to come and go as they please. Isn't that why you stopped going to non AA tourneys?

I wonder how much you would have to be down on if MK wasn't legal here(he's staying legal) your almost turning me into anti ban just by having every complaint be about MK when MI has how many MKs that go to tourneys? If Gio Jon Boxxy and Marco actually were active I could understand your *****ing a bit but come on. And you seem to be missing the point of this tourney...FUN and to get away from the same old boring thing. Only 2 things made SiiS6 stand out for me, Nicole tearing through everyone with Peach and the club.
EDIT: For 6. also have you heard of picking up a secondary? if series teams picks up around here maybe it would be good to have someone besides your main for it picking we know pit can be broken why not pick him up for these teams so you can team with a G&W?

@Gio are the MKs coming to this I have said I want people to show me why these stages are so bad and MK is the best to do it (I would hope)

ZTD | TECHnology

yooooooo i'm liking this rule set...

:yeahboi:

LOL. On point with that picture.

Also I'm adding my two cents in again:

The problem with adding in highly dynamic stages, is that they pretty much FORCE you to have to play a 1v1v1 with you against the stage and your opponent. Many of these stages have very disruptive hazards that deal a lot of damage. Mario Circuit and Port Town are perfect examples of these. The cars in Port Town can kill hilariously early. And stages like Port Town and Skyworld pretty much make sure that if you don't have multiple jumps or great aerial mobility like Wario then you are in for some ****. Several characters will be screwed over. And it doesn't matter if the MK mains are coming are not, just about everyone has a pocket MK here. What would stop Ori from taking Tutu to Skyworld as the bat and breaking the stage so that he can't recovery properly? Duty? Honor? No. No matter how skilled a player is, there are some hazards and features that skill can't overcome. There is a reason why many of these stages were banned. They were tested extensively before hand by Brawl Backroom as well as other knowledgeable people.

Tutu does have valid points. And in today's metagame where Metaknight is considered such a dominant force, people are always going to consider how strong MK is when a new ruleset is introduced. This cannot be helped. He lost Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar in this set but gained several arguably more powerful counterpicks, and still has his other great stages like Frigate and Delpfino (which is now a starter in his ruleset so thats another stage we'll have to autoban in Round 1).

I do agree with wanting to do something different and fun as well as appealing to casual players. I'm all for that. However your stage list does make things unbalanced. There is no getting around that. Its over-centralizing the power of overly disruptive stages. It looks fun on paper, but when it comes to tournament, there would be a lot of annoyed competitive players. Hell, if I decided to abuse some of these gimmicks against newer players, pretty sure I could make them never want to play me again lol

Also by the way...any MKs wanna team at this.....:dedede: main here....autowin on doubles unless Lain shows up. :yeahboi:

LMAO.

0. How many hours have you played on each of these stages indvidually?
1. Me
2. I didn't feel like typing the whole thing but you should have known what I was talking about since your complaining about it
3. I believe your wrong on this and since when was kirby a high teir? Last I checked he got closer to low teir stop focusing on D3 and MK
4.this one you need to let go there is NO stage list that hurts mk he will always be better then everyone else in any given situation
5. I would gladly face any of the teams with D3 because the best MKs in MI don't play anymore aside from lain who's the best regardless of his char
6.Yasu for 1 but why would you go snake against MK AND D3 aren't those MUs ****ty for him in singles now if he loses his partner he's almost guarenteed to lose
7. This is where you need a better strategy to win yeah there's no ledge but most of the time(I'm assuming your talking about when its moving) there's no dieing from below, yeah you take damage but your alive and able to double jump again. Onett what % of chars have an inf or high damage game againast a wall? And the cars there to stop infinites
8. For maining a ninja you sure have the wrong mindset you should never be fighting the stage you should be using it to your advantage. In one of my training vids I throw someone at dk and he bairs them into the ptad wall and it kills the opponent that's team work and using the stage stop thinking just pure fighting and think like a ninja and use the stage

And when ever id throw a sf to help the scene all you guys by AA said bring everyone to you. You wanted me to pack a dozen(first 2 had about 12 people total) people in my non existant car and drive them over an hour to the like 5 of you there...yeah also most of them live less then 3 miles away from here and are able to come and go as they please. Isn't that why you stopped going to non AA tourneys?

I wonder how much you would have to be down on if MK wasn't legal here(he's staying legal) your almost turning me into anti ban just by having every complaint be about MK when MI has how many MKs that go to tourneys? If Gio Jon Boxxy and Marco actually were active I could understand your *****ing a bit but come on. And you seem to be missing the point of this tourney...FUN and to get away from the same old boring thing. Only 2 things made SiiS6 stand out for me, Nicole tearing through everyone with Peach and the club.
EDIT: For 6. also have you heard of picking up a secondary? if series teams picks up around here maybe it would be good to have someone besides your main for it picking we know pit can be broken why not pick him up for these teams so you can team with a G&W?

@Gio are the MKs coming to this I have said I want people to show me why these stages are so bad and MK is the best to do it (I would hope)
1. To quote Juggleguy, or maybe it was SCOUTO "Being a T.O. is a privilege" If you're gonna host a tournament strictly for yourself, well then whatever, have fun playing against yourself in tournament.
2. Dave's stupid rule is good, your's isn't.
3. "Almost all" o I wonder what that means, it cant possibly mean that the majority are already high tier and that they;re are a few outliers. That's def not what that means at all. dip****. Also Kirby is one spot away from being high tier.
4. So why give him a stage list that makes him better?
5. You don't even have to be good with MK to win in this, you'll be beating like Mikey and Gio's pocket Mario. If you're a pocket MK and you;re teaming with say tech, you will beat every other you have a large advantage over EVERY OTHER potential team. MK is already Bs in teams, and one again you propose a ****ty rule to make him better? You'll be playing pocket mk + D3 main against a team of pocket mid tier plus main of a character that's either A mid tier and naturally gets shut down by MK in teams, or B. High teir and needs a MK on their team to be able to beat MK D3. MK D3 is already a good team in doubles, remove the competition and it become the best team.
6. That's my ****ing point ******, you've just eliminated any other potential team that has a chance vs those 2 characters, if you're a snake main, that's whats going to happen if you use your main in doubles. If you're a GnW main you better hope you find some beast pit player or you're ****ed. @the pick up a secondary- That's how good your rules are? if you already main a character barely tournament viable you;re going to institute rules that make them less viable, unless you have a secondary and with these rules there's no reason to not pick up MK. So what you just told me to do was main MK. Really good rules imo
7. You can't die from below, dope you only take more damage and get put into a position where you can hit knocked back off stage again. And lol@cars stop infinites, okay so you're getting ***** by an infinite, a car comes and bam the guy doing the infinite shields shield and you take 30 more damage. Then they proceed to just camp the middle segment because they just got a huge lead meaning you have to go back down and fight them in a place where you risk getting ***** by an infinite again. Wow what a great trade, not only did I just take 50+ from a gay wall infinite to thing that stopped it gave me 30 more damage. Awesome I'm still in a ****ty position.
Characters with wall infinites: MK, Marth, D3. Anyone except yoshi fighting against Ness or Lucas. Sounds pretty balanced to me, D3 now can infinite anyone, ness and lucas get even worse than they were before, dope.
8. Maybe you should go back and read everything I've said about why those stages are bad and who they benefit the most, and then please tell me how Sheik, or Mario, or Luigi, or Zelda or Link, or CF, or ness or lucas, even characters like Diddy, or Falco, or marth can use these ****ty stages better than MK.

Tech chase did a fine job of explaining why your next point is horribly flawed.

In summary you're an idiot and these rules are horrible.

also about the AA thing, roller said that once and when it became apparant that that wasn;t option no1 has brought that up again. And last week need i remind you that AA tried to go, but then when WTP brought it up you said "Don asked first, so we're doing melee"

the reason I stopped going to non A2 tournaments was because I hate paying for gas. And i can understand why that would be an issue, but that doesnt change the fact that A2 has interest in the locals at your smashfests and has TRIED to go down.

And idc how much fun you had at the club, when you pay money to enter a tournament, sure having fun is nice, but the biggest part of being a competitive player is playing to win. If this was free entry then you could call it for fun, but $10 dollar singles? Blow it out your ***

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Derek lets run this *****, I will lend you my spare mask so dedede looks even sexier :yeahboi:

I really don't feel like saying anything on the matter at hand because Tech and ESPECIALLY Tutu are doing a better job than I would at arguing this. My only thing I have in mind that would make this tourney "appealing" would be if this was done like a sf tourney aka $1-2 Top 2 cut, venue goes into getting food/booze for those attending.

DRDN for everyone else's sanity and your future as a TO please reconsider :urg:

DRDN

Smash Master
All this arguing is pointless because I've already stated until you try the ruleset I will hear you but not listen. I notice tutu skipped question 0. He's theorycrafting not using actual experience. All anyones doing is focusing on the positives for MK and
negatives for everyone else. Kirby dropped 4 place last tier list tutu pay attention there's a good 5 people between him and high tier he's now below DK. If I was shielda and got taken to skyworld id be okay with it try to tilit lock under a weakened platform and go for the stage spike with the U smash.
For sharking learn to time your chars usless down tilts that spike there's no invincibility from the edge to stop you from killing. Again no stage list hurts MK and anything not normal is worse to you. If mk is so broken on these stages I want to see it. You do have to be good with mk to win I think someone of better skill (say mikey) using a secondary can beat your pocket MK because he's a better player. Hell that's how you win at all tutu I don't get how you don't get this part but whatever. You say ness and lucas get worse but don't they lose their easily gimpability? Don't they have down tilts that **** you in just a few seconds against a wall? I asked for a % because I don't truely know but I'm guessing its above 50% so it appeals to the majority. Pick up a secondary stop trying to only have 1 char and *****ing about your bad MU. You know what a good reason not to pick up mk for this? He's banned less then a month later and at that time he might disappear from this series too so why pick up a new main for a month 30 more damage is a lot but you get better positioning if you do it right. Did you know there's part of the moving stage you can touch and jump off of without getting hurt....I had to work and forgot where i was going after this but lets have a SF at my place using these rules so everyone can try them then give experience feedback not theorycraft. Id say after Rizkn2 or after Youmacon on sunday

Roller

Smash Legend
I knew back then I wasn't going. I just assumed nobody was going to go. When I saw a few people (Ori+Tech) might actually show up, I just wanted to clarify that despite posting here, I do not intend to come.

Roller

Smash Legend
I agree with pretty much all of what Tutu and Tech have been saying. However the stagelist and rule about continuation sets not allowing you to play on a neutral again after you've used them all. Both of these destroy my character, and I don't feel like going to a tournament at which I can't even use my main for half the games.

DRDN

Smash Master
The Ics Pit is pure theory craft for me so Ill agree its probably not that good of a team

I see it as ICs trys to CG while pit repedly shoots the partner trying to stop the CG

Also if a GF set goes to the last game They will have played all the non banned stages 1 time the last stage should be the one they didn't want to play but wasn't bad enough to ban

ZTD | TECHnology

I am willing to try these rules at your Smashfest on Sunday if you are having one. Mikey and I plan on going. We want to teach people stuff.

Top Bottom