• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drawing the line in Smash... with PictoChat!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Neat stages though I need to figure out the Romanji name of 'Picto chat', this can either prove the 'World Icon theory' is wrong or is right.

this stage gave me an idea. i think that mii's will be playable characters in the game, but what would be cool is if you can give your mii a move set of one of the other brawlers, like my mii would have sonics move set and my friends would probably have links
you could even have there final smash
super mii (lol)

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Wow, very interesting stage. I think it's pretty odd compared to any other stage in smash expect maybe wario's.

The Inker

Smash Rookie
To all those people saying this stage could mean a playable Mii, I ask this question:

What does a DS realated stage and icon have to do with Miis?

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
To all those people saying this stage could mean a playable Mii, I ask this question:

Perhaps this stage is a sign that we'll be getting Mr. Game & Watch 2.0!! :chuckle:

But yeah, this stage looks crazy fun! After all the stuff we've been seeing at the E for All, I was wondering what this week would start off with - I'm glad it's something completely new and unexpected!!

~Old Man Nintendo

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Perhaps this stage is a sign that we'll be getting Mr. Game & Watch 2.0!! :chuckle:

But yeah, this stage looks crazy fun! After all the stuff we've been seeing at the E for All, I was wondering what this week would start off with - I'm glad it's something completely new and unexpected!!

~Old Man Nintendo
I agree...this Stage is very simple... yet at the same time very unprdictable......SAKURAI IM IN LOVE WITH U AGAIN!!!!!!!!

O_o

If I ever say something like that again... please drop a baby grand piano on my head.......

NukeA6

Smash Master
I knew there was gonna be a weirder stage to come up. But I wonder if there will be a stage weirder than this.

As for the icon, I guess that proves that not all stages will come from the games of the playable characters. So that would mean that there are Animal Crossing characters that will be any more than an AT, stage prop, or trophy. I can't think of any character that would use the two-square icon.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Needless to say Mr Game & Watch and Flatzone NEED to return, but this stage is pure, uncut epic win.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice

Well considering that some of the Music for the stage comes from the Wii.
This could easily be the Miis home stage.

or some sort of Game and Watch 2.0

Senor_Sega

Smash Cadet
no. freaking. way.

Sakurai, may you please have my child?

Although I doubt that he would be so bold as to have floating wang platforms....

Here's hoping that DS Wii connectivity is a feature in this game.
Any predictions for something more bizarre than this?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
lol brain age music FTW =D xD...what does the Now entering mean?...
Never played PictoChat? Whenever someone new comes into the chatroom, you get pretty much that same "Now Entering" Notification

I guess in this context, "Now Entering" would be whenever a character dies and respawns.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What if there was a way to upload drawings from your own Pictochat into Brawl? You could then add your own effects and hazards to your picture? That would make this the most fun level EVER!

[Stage Change 1: "Totally colored in screen" (no effect)]
[Stage Change 2: "A big farting butt" (blows wind)]
[Stage Change 3: "A big male sex organ with an STD" (fire damage) (because it has the clap)]
[Stage Change 4: "A big male sex organ taking a leak" (stage floods)]
[Stage Change 5: "A big male sex organ flying around hitting you" (high knockback)]
[The rest of the remaining stage changes: (all involving "a big male sex organ" in some way)]

WarxePB

Smash Ace
As someone said in another topic, Sakurai just out-Mojo'd the Smash Bros. Mojo. Me: Agree'D.

The DS icon will obviously be used for the Nintendog AT, and maybe an item that you can somehow use to scribble on the map?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
uh...wow. i would never, in a MILLION YEARS, expect a stage like this. well, i expect something like this from Sakurai, especially after the WarioWare stage, but what really surprised me was the icon. this was the EXACT same thing that happened when Smashville was revealed.

i hope the icon represents the same thing of what i think the Animal Crossing franchise will do, in that they won't give us a character, but they get an icon because they represent so much in the game (numerous items, a stage, etc.) it's not that i don't like anything DS (i love the DS, as a matter of fact), but like Animal Crossing i just can't see any character as a fighter

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
This stage was SO unpredictable. Sakurai did it yet again!
This [character] entered the room thingy is pretty nice.

When someone is out of stocks, "Pikachu left the room".

The icon makes me think if Wii will be represented aswell.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
What if there was a way to upload drawings from your own Pictochat into Brawl? You could then add your own effects and hazards to your picture? That would make this the most fun level EVER!

[Stage Change 1: "Totally colored in screen" (no effect)]
[Stage Change 2: "A big farting butt" (blows wind)]
[Stage Change 3: "A big male sex organ with an STD" (fire damage) (because it has the clap)]
[Stage Change 4: "A big male sex organ taking a leak" (stage floods)]
[Stage Change 5: "A big male sex organ flying around hitting you" (high knockback)]
[The rest of the remaining stage changes: (all involving "a big male sex organ" in some way)]

Yeah, I bet the 14-and-under crowd would be ALL over that. For the rest of us though, let's just leave it as is.... there's no need for DS connectivity or user-created hazards.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah, I bet the 14-and-under crowd would be ALL over that. For the rest of us though, let's just leave it as is.... there's no need for DS connectivity or user-created hazards.
There's no need for a lot of things in Brawl.

But I still think that would be a fun idea. It would be like stage customization without going overboard and losing touch with the theme of pre-rendered Nintendo stuff. We already have the [Opponent has entered] box, the rest of Pictochat is up to the chatter.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, but who wants to be the guy who has to sit there with a DS (or a Wiimote? If you don't want a 4 player match?) drawing random stuff? Most of the drawings would likely suck, and it would be hard to interface everything; you'd have to figure out how to take care of drop-through platforms, animations would be out, other environmental effects like fire would be hard to implement... I could go on. It's just a bad idea. The stage is fine exactly like it is.

mcs

Smash Cadet
the forth wall gets burninated! wooo!

this update almost came like a up-b happy mewtwo:straight out of nowhere...i think there is SOME use of transferring your own levels to this stage..(looks at last three posts)..except for that. yep everything but that :crazy: .

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah, but who wants to be the guy who has to sit there with a DS (or a Wiimote? If you don't want a 4 player match?) drawing random stuff? Most of the drawings would likely suck, and it would be hard to interface everything; you'd have to figure out how to take care of drop-through platforms, animations would be out, other environmental effects like fire would be hard to implement... I could go on. It's just a bad idea. The stage is fine exactly like it is.
You could upload drawings into a special mode for the stage, then highlight over sections of your drawings to put "drop through platform" or "fire damage hazard" or "start wind hazard to the left/right" or "non-contact line" for each picture.

But whatever, I'm fine with this stage as is. I just thought it was a cool idea... BUT I GUESS NOT! :cry:

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
This is one of those updates that gives me a wide variety of mixed feelings.

The stage is an awesome/cute idea. I love off-the-wall ideas like this because it's what Smash Bros. is all about; bringing these franchises together in ways that just aren't even imaginable by a normal person.

I think it's just fine the way it is; adding a player actually drawing onto the stage would be a huge undertaking and would be better suited as it's own game (or game mode).

However, it's one of those stages I'll need to see in action before I can officially judge it.

Now, onto Lucas...

Lucas is flat out the most boring, lame and depth-lacking character ever so far. Out of the screenshots we got last night, he was present in four. In three of those (the only three he was attacking in, mind you) he's shown using that incredibly overused hexagon effect yet again.

Out of everything we know about him, we know he has AT LEAST four hexagon attacks (Fair, Dair, forward and up smash), some sort of rope snake, and a mysterious alteration of PSI Magnet. It feels like Sakurai isn't even trying to make him an interesting character so far.

Imagine if they slapped a big 8-bit fireball sprite on a bunch of Mario's attacks, and showed us nothing but that for a few weeks. Everyone would hate it, but no, everyone just loves Lucas SO MUCH.

It completely infuriates me that they might be removing perfectly fine AND POPULAR characters from the roster, to add less interesting characters just for the sake of publicity or to evolve with the times.

I hate Roy and everything he stood for in Melee, I really hope they aren't doing the same with Lucas.

I feel better now.

Top Bottom