• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DragonForce

comboking

Smash Master
DragonForce the band is awesome they are coming out with a new CD it has a remixed versions of all the songs from their Album The valley of the ****ed which had a lot of good songs. well just discuss and talk to your fellow Dragonforce fans!:mad:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Dragonforce makes songs they can't properly perform live.

Have you seen them live playing Through the fire and flames? They sound so bad I feel weird listening. It's like an amateur band. However, their studio work is awesome. Love the creativity and complexity of 'through the fire and flames.'

The song is leet, the band is not:-p.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dragonforce makes songs they can't properly perform live.

Have you seen them live playing Through the fire and flames? They sound so bad I feel weird listening. It's like an amateur band. However, their studio work is awesome. Love the creativity and complexity of 'through the fire and flames.'

The song is leet, the band is not:-p.
This here is right on the money.

Also, a remix CD eh? Sounds interesting. Though I was hoping for another studio CD, but this works out fine. Gotta say, MSWGO is their best work.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Wow, seriously, this even further reinforces my claim on their live performances looking amateur. Yes, he was a victim of circumstance, but wow lol.

OwlFlavored

Smash Cadet
Symphony X: irk is such an underused word... Thanks for that post.

Regarding Dragonforce: I don't love them, but I'll listen to the songs I have of theirs when they come up on shuffle. And if they ever came around here on a tour, I wouldn't even consider going to their show.

OwlFlavored

Smash Cadet
did you join just to say this
Obviously not. I joined because I would like to discuss Brawl and Melee. Music is just an extremely important part of my life, and this part of the forum caught my eye before I could get around to actually discussing Brawl or Melee.

And I made an introduction thread, but nobody bothered to post. ;_;

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i used to like dragonforce alot, then i realized they cant play their songs live for ****. but lately, they've been improving and hopefully they'll be able to play as competently on stage as their studio tracks; aka: sober.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Dragonforce is a VERY acquired taste. I think they're okay (when they're not live on stage), but I can't see myself sitting though an entire album/concert without listening to something else after one or two songs.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i saw the title and couldnt resist, i persaonaly hate dragonforce, i give them credit they do pump out like 50 notes a min. but i cant help but think of them as hammerfalls retardted little brother,they try so hard and just fall short. and dragonforce sucks live and hammerfall is amazing live.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I too think Dragonforce is overrated. I've only listened to the two semi-famous songs (Fire and Flames, and Fury of Storm). I've heard from other people that almost all their songs sound the same and they absolutely suck in concert. I've seen videos of them live on Youtube, and not only do they suck, but they are cocky d-bags...not a fan

I'll give Herman Li credit for being faster than a speed addict on guitar. However, his solos lack style and are completely random. It's almost as if he's just trying to play fast without planning it all out first. I think it's just bad improv.

comboking

Smash Master
well i like them just not live! there solos are awesome Im listening to throught the fire and flames!

ShinGuara

Smash Rookie
I really enjoy Dragonforce for their Guitar skills and all the talent they provide to the genre. I will say though that you can hear the same lyrics in almost every song they have and it sometimes sounds like your hearing the song you were just listening to a track or 2 earlier.

It's also interesting to find little video game inserts in some songs, like the NES Double Dragon intro song that is in the middle of one of their songs, as well as other games.

Like i said, really enjoy the band but hearing someone go "LOL, THAT GROUP FROM GH3? YAH THAT SONG IS COOL DUDE" Ugh, strangle them -_-

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
If you guys like guitars that much, try looking for any song by Michael Angelo Batio. Preferably "Tribute to Randy." Now THERE'S complexity.

Faux

Smash Rookie
I don't really like DragonForce. :/ The only song I sort of life is Through the Fire and Flames. No, not because it's on GHIII, but because it's a decent song. A lot of their songs sound the same to me, and their live performances? Haha...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
If you guys like guitars that much, try looking for any song by Michael Angelo Batio. Preferably "Tribute to Randy." Now THERE'S complexity.
Personaly i dont like MAB but only because of how wierd i think he sounds (his guitar) im not saying he isn't good, just imo, if you want other crazy guitarists, try Paul Gilbert.

As for Dragon Force, i used to like them, then i heard them live, now i dont like them...see any connections between studio and live?...being able to play music, and being able to spend a lot of money and time to try and make music through computers?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I think they are highly over-rated, especially in that **** Guitar Hero mostly because their songs "sound" really fast,(and they all sound the same to me) lets take their most popular song Through the Fire and Flames as an example, in most parts(not including the solos) they are just doing tremolo variations on ONE string its not something too hard to do because you really don't have to do much with your left hand and REAL guitars have 6 or 7 strings, and since i've heard they sound bad live they probably even record the songs slowly and fast forward it...

Now lets take another song for example, Symphony X's Sea Of Lies(Intro) it doesn't sound as fast as TFF but holy **** the guitarist is using the left hand so fast and constantly moving on strings and its not even funny... Guitar Hero has what 5 or 6 lil' buttons and ONE string so people can't obviously understand this...
Yes i just had to mock GH players who think DF is the best band ever. It just bothers me that really good bands like Symphony X never get as much advertisement.

Anyways my favorite songs are Through the Fire and Flames and Operation Ground and Pound(just because it kind of sounds like Megadeth's FFF/Metallica's Motorbreath and even has Metallica's "smashing through the boundaries" lol)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Dragonforce is horribly over-rated. There parts are pitifully easy and the only thing they have going for them is speed.

All there songs are just variations of the same scale. You'll get nothing original.

As Marie_54 said, you're better off with Symphony X. Much, much better off.

Top Bottom