• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball/Z/GT Disscussion Thread

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The original Bardock movie was awesome. Probably one of my favorites to re-watch.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm just going to say that the Bardock one leading up to the death of the Saiyans and all that was pretty darn good. The newer one's the one where somehow he got sent back in time?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone wanted to know, Battle of Z comes out in January next year. I think that the game looks pretty interesting, with the team combat and all. Though almost anything looks better than "Ultimate" Tenkaichi. That game really doesn't seem very fun to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, If I'm not mistaken, that movie isn't canon right? Since it wasn't written by Toriyama? Though I didn't dislike the movie as much as others seem to. It wasn't one of my favorites by any means. It just felt like it was missing something, I can't explain it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone have a favorite soundtrack? Mine would be from the Budokai games personally. All three games had good songs, though Infinite World didn't have quite as many good themes. I'd say that Running to Victory is one of best from the series.

EDIT: My 900th post. I just noticed that.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
My favorite game has to be dragonball-z ultimate battle 22 the music just awesome but alot of dislikes on the gameplay and the graphics. The moves are very hard to pull off but great game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well in case anyone didn't see this yet.

Team Four Star re-did their parody of Dead Zone. For the most part, I think the jokes came out better than the original version. I suppose maybe one or two didn't work out as well, but that'll happen from time to time. Voices were generally better than the original two, but that'll happen with more experience. If anyone is interested, they started a parody series of Attack on Titan.

Catstorm

Smash Rookie
wow they re-did dead zone? i thought the original was pretty hilarious as is

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's some interesting news to look up. The Majin Buu Saga is getting remade for Dragon Ball Kai. Which is good, I'm looking forward to hearing Kyle Hebert reprise his role as Adult Gohan, he's one my favorite voice actors. Good fight with Gohan and Super Buu. Same goes for Justin Cook voicing Super Buu again. Goku and Vegeta's rematch is always fun to watch.

Well episode 39 of DBZ Abridged is out. So if anyone likes Team Four Star's stuff should be happy.

Landry

Smash Ace
Dang, there's a DBZ thread up in here? I need to start paying more attention to some of these subforums.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In case anyone was wondering, Battle of Z comes out in January I believe. Though the name is still pretty weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If it does get dubbed, I would expect it to happen after they finish the Buu Saga in Dragon Ball Kai. Also, I posted on this thread more than I thought.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bump. Kind of surprised that this thread doesn't have that much activity going on. Maybe it would pick up whenever Buu Saga DBKai comes out. Or when Battle of Gods gets dubbed, if it can. Anyway, sorry for the amount of post in this thread.

But did anyone hear that the new Dragon Ball Z game has Vegetto as a DLC character? That kind of sucks if you ask me. Like alot. It doesn't make sense for him to be a DLC character.

d-boy2292

Smash Rookie
Bump. Kind of surprised that this thread doesn't have that much activity going on. Maybe it would pick up whenever Buu Saga DBKai comes out. Or when Battle of Gods gets dubbed, if it can. Anyway, sorry for the amount of post in this thread.

But did anyone hear that the new Dragon Ball Z game has Vegetto as a DLC character? That kind of sucks if you ask me. Like alot. It doesn't make sense for him to be a DLC character.
yeah that is a shock really, he's like literally in the main story, next thing you know its gonna be "vegeta in saiyan armor DLC"

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie

Damn that sucks. I used to main him back with the PS2 games. In fact I remember leveling him to full health bar in the PS1 game Final Bout. Anyone remember that one? When it came out I believe we were on the Cell or Freiza arc. So I had no clue what was going on. Took me 4 or 5 years to know who the hell most of them were.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I used to love this anime as a teen. I always remember thinking the story would of been better had the balance between the good guys been considerably less one sided towards the Saiyans, especially since it was hinted at the others having areas at which they excel at.

Krillin for example was shown to be better at ki sensing than Trunks and Vegeta during the Cell saga when he grasps the true power behind Cell's perfect form after getting what he describes as a "love tap" that nearly kills him.
Later on this is showcased again when Krillin is the only human able to tell that Cell hasn't been obliterated by SSJ2 Gohan moments before Trunks gets beamed through the chest. He's also been shown to have good ki manipulation when he takes Goku's Spirit Bomb during the Saiyan saga.

Likewise Piccolo has superior knowledge of the worlds to the Saiyans and a set of unique abilities available only to him(regeneration, stretching, Namekian fusion), Tien is a master of ki techniques having created most the more creative ones in the show(Solar Flare, Tri Form, Growing additional arms, etc) and Yamcha was originally known for his incredible speed.

But then unfortunately Goku made them all redundant. He soon was far better at Ki sensing than Krillin, Copied all of Tien's best moves and used them more efficiently and with the Instant Transmission, even super speed felt like an incredibly nerfed power. Piccolo soon couldn't keep up either.

Overall DBZ was good, but I feel like Toriyama could of done better than to make it the Saiyan show (sometimes guest starring Piccolo).
The humans really should of had something they could contribute other than cheerleading to the later fights. I mean they're fighting for humankind, so I'd like to see the humans doing something to help themselves too rather than relying on super powered aliens to save them.

Of course this isn't something that'll get rectified...especially with the Super Saiyan God nonsense in Bill's film.

I thought there was only meant to be a single legendary super saiyan every 1000 years? How did they even know this technique was possible if that was the case?

Trunks and Goten pulling it off whilst sparring with Vegeta and...Chichi of all people really undermined the whole legend that was originally set up. Suddenly managing to go SSJ seemed far less impressive.
</rant>

I still like the games, liked the show up to the end of the Cell Saga, and I know DBZ is THE Shonen, but after being spoilt by the likes of One Piece and Toriko where the heroes all have their own things to contribute regardless of power, it just really drives my original teenage thought home to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, it looks like Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is heading to the U.S in August. I'm surprised it's heading to theaters though. I've heard a few a good things about the movie. Not sure if it's the best of the DBZ movies, not like it has to be or anything.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well, it looks like Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is heading to the U.S in August. I'm surprised it's heading to theaters though. I've heard a few a good things about the movie. Not sure if it's the best of the DBZ movies, not like it has to be or anything.

Yes. It's about time. I've been waiting.

Is it an English Dub? I can't watch the trailer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes. It's about time. I've been waiting.

Is it an English Dub? I can't watch the trailer.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. It definitely sounds like Sean Schemmel saying Kamehameha. There wasn't much talking in the trailer honestly.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Can't believe I haven't found this thread yet, so to make up for it... ummm.....

KA...ME...HA...ME...HA!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I need to be the OP. I'm the biggest DBZ fan here.
You want to start something brah? Heh.

Anyways, for those that don't know, Dragon Ball Kai is going to be on Toonami in the Fall. At least that's what I heard. Though I don't know if they'll skip right to the Buu Saga. I kind of doubt that though. I'm guessing it'll be uncensored too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, what was the first Dragon Ball any of you ever played? I'm pretty sure the first one I ever played was Budokai 1. Though I really like 2 and 3 a lot more. Supersonic Warriors was cool too. I wanted to get the 2nd one soon. Maybe try Dragon Ball Advance Adventure on GBA.

Top Bottom