• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball/Z/GT Disscussion Thread

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
First? BT3. My friend introduced me to that one. I've played DB Advanced Adventure, Supersonic Warrios on GBA, as well as LoG2 and Buu's Fury on GBA. And Budokai 1-3, and some Battle of Z.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So, what was the first Dragon Ball any of you ever played? I'm pretty sure the first one I ever played was Budokai 1. Though I really like 2 and 3 a lot more. Supersonic Warriors was cool too. I wanted to get the 2nd one soon. Maybe try Dragon Ball Advance Adventure on GBA.
If you wanna know my backstory why I like DBZ then I'll tell you that game. I played that GBA DBZ game. Supersonic Warriors was the first one I played on an emulator. First one I owned was DBZ: BT2.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Personal favorites at the moment are Buu's Fury and BT3. I surprisingly got BT3 at Gamestop for a steal, only $30 for the PS2 version.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Personal favorites at the moment are Buu's Fury and BT3. I surprisingly got BT3 at Gamestop for a steal, only $30 for the PS2 version.
When I got another copy of Budokai 3(lost the first one when I was younger), it was only 10 bucks. I never tried the Raging Blast games. They seem alright, are they any good? Or would I be better buying one of the Tenkaichi games instead?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
When I got another copy of Budokai 3(lost the first one when I was younger), it was only 10 bucks. I never tried the Raging Blast games. They seem alright, are they any good? Or would I be better buying one of the Tenkaichi games instead?
Depends, what do you look for?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Depends, what do you look for?
Just a game that'll be fun. I'm pretty sure I'd be content with just playing whichever game has the most solid gameplay. I don't care too much about the roster. I can't see myself using some of the less interesting characters.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Just a game that'll be fun. I'm pretty sure I'd be content with just playing whichever game has the most solid gameplay. I don't care too much about the roster. I can't see myself using some of the less interesting characters.
I think RB2 is what you need. BT3 had characters that weren't important to the show.

Greninja202

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-9671-3843
This is a thread about all DB/Z/GT!!

I'll ask u pplz some questions?

Who is your favorite characters?
Why do u like DB/Z/GT?
What are your thoughts on everything about the new DBZ Movie: Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of the Gods?
I'm a big dbz fan, my favorite characters are goku, and gohan. I love dragonball z and gt because of the concept of power levels, and energy waves and transformations like super saiyan, which makes it the best action cartoon ever. I would like to see dragonball z: battle of the gods of how goku will defeat beerus. :D

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm a big dbz fan, my favorite characters are goku, and gohan. I love dragonball z and gt because of the concept of power levels, and energy waves and transformations like super saiyan, which makes it the best action cartoon ever. I would like to see dragonball z: battle of the gods of how goku will defeat beerus. :D
I know something about the movie that I won't spoil, but it won't matter too much when the Battle of Gods sequel is inevitably made. But nice to meet a fellow DBZ fan! It truly is "The Greatest Action Cartoon ever made" to quote the Remastered boxsets.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's the newest trailer for the next Dragon Ball game. It looks alright so far. But I was really hoping for a game that played more like Budokai and less like Tenkaichi.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, it certainly looks pretty. It looks like they're going to try doing some alternate universe stuff with the story mode, which is always welcome by me.

Greninja202

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-9671-3843
Looks like a great game, too bad it ain't on a nintendo console, I would of gotten it if it was.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm definitely picking it up. Especially since I know it's going to have elements from the much-neglected Dragon Ball Online; hopefully that will include Online's character customization.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm definitely picking it up. Especially since I know it's going to have elements from the much-neglected Dragon Ball Online; hopefully that will include Online's character customization.
Well that the Red-haired dude has a scouter, with Piccolo's cape, Trunks' jacket and Gohan's hairstyle. It seems very likely that there's a character customization thing going on. Unless if Dimps are just bad at character designs.

I'm not too sure if I'd like to do make a DBZ character though. But it makes sense for an MMO. Otherwise you'd see nothing but thousands of Goku's, Gohan's, and Vegeta's. It'd be like making your own character in Smash or something.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
First? BT3. My friend introduced me to that one. I've played DB Advanced Adventure, Supersonic Warrios on GBA, as well as LoG2 and Buu's Fury on GBA. And Budokai 1-3, and some Battle of Z.
Try Dragonball z ultimate battle 22 great game

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
There's a lot of adjectives I would use to describe Ultimate Battle 22. Nostalgic? Yes. Great? No.
People say the moves are too hard to do. But I played this game for 11 years and its easy to play and just takes practice. Its my first dbz game anyway so I cant say alot.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well that the Red-haired dude has a scouter, with Piccolo's cape, Trunks' jacket and Gohan's hairstyle. It seems very likely that there's a character customization thing going on. Unless if Dimps are just bad at character designs.

I'm not too sure if I'd like to do make a DBZ character though. But it makes sense for an MMO. Otherwise you'd see nothing but thousands of Goku's, Gohan's, and Vegeta's. It'd be like making your own character in Smash or something.
Oh ha ha. Take potshots at someone who is (or was until you jerks came along) actually excited for the Miis yet again. Sure, let's do that, I've always been an easy target , I'm thrilled to always be the resident Butt Monkey in every damn site I try to join.

Anyway, that won't happen because it didn't happen in DBO. I PLAYED DBO, and people always tried to stay original despite the relative lack of face options. Because everyone in DB has only one of a few face types.

And it already existed to an extent in Ultimate Tenkaichi. Was it awful due to how badly they did it? Yes. But it was there.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh ha ha. Take potshots at someone who is (or was until you jerks came along) actually excited for the Miis yet again. Sure, let's do that, I've always been an easy target , I'm thrilled to always be the resident Butt Monkey in every damn site I try to join.

Anyway, that won't happen because it didn't happen in DBO. I PLAYED DBO, and people always tried to stay original despite the relative lack of face options. Because everyone in DB has only one of a few face types.

And it already existed to an extent in Ultimate Tenkaichi. Was it awful due to how badly they did it? Yes. But it was there.
Dude, I don't have a problem with you liking Miis. You can like whatever you want, it's fine with me. So I don't see the need to get so defensive. At least Miis have been around in Nintendo's products for the 3 most recent consoles. I'm not excited about them myself, but I wasn't attacking you.

I know that you could make a character in Ultimate Tenkaichi, but it was rather limited. You couldn't make a female character, Namek or a anything else.

The only thing I did make fun of was the character that Dimps used to show off character customization. Since it just looks like a mish-mash of actual characters.

finalark

SNORLAX
I recently watched DBZ again, except this time I pay attention to the constant variation in art quality from episode to episode. Funny how much garbage you just don't notice as a kid.
It's even more jarring in Kai, when they mix clips from higher quality episodes and lower one. Seeing that happen back to back is just insane.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's even more jarring in Kai, when they mix clips from higher quality episodes and lower one. Seeing that happen back to back is just insane.
If they wanted to take out the filler of DBZ and make it look better, they should have just re-done all of the animation. Without changing the story. But of course, that'd cost a lot more money, and likely the reason it hasn't been done yet. Hell, they could have done it in a similar style to the cutscenes in Ultimate Tenkaichi. That's like one of the few things that game got right.

Also, I think it was announced that a new animated movie is in production. Once again, Toriyama is involved in this movie. That doesn't surprise me since they wanted to do another one if Battle of Gods was successful in Japan.

I also remember him saying he wanted to give Vegeta a more important role, I don't know if that's true, but it'd be awesome. Gohan and Vegeta are my favorite characters.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand why they didn't revamp the storyboard and update the art style to be cleaner/consistent... didn't one of the games already do that for some snippets anyway? Obviously too much dedication for one of the biggest anime franchises in history.

EDIT: ^ Ultimate Tenkaichi, that's it.

Wasn't Astro Boy properly remade twice? Now that's dedication.

Well there are probably large differences when it comes to expenses, but still.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have a friend on TVTropes who keeps saying that the whole franchise needs a reboot, because it's really easy to notice what a tangled mess adding onto continuity's starting to become, thanks to the whole "Toriyama makes things up as he goes along" thing.

I personally disagree and elect to just try to ignore Minus. Minus was just about the only thing Dragon Ball that I truly disliked, not counting Evolution.

Booster

Smash Lord
Really? The ****ing Naruto Topic has more replies then Dragon Ball ****ing Z..and people say I'm the idiot.

Anyways, how long is Battle of the Gods in theaters?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Really? The ****ing Naruto Topic has more replies then Dragon Ball ****ing Z..and people say I'm the idiot.

Anyways, how long is Battle of the Gods in theaters?
It stopped airing on the 9th. I missed it too.

Booster

Smash Lord
It stopped airing on the 9th. I missed it too.
Why they didn't keep it in the theaters longer I have no idea, I personally think they either ****ed up or had no confidence, but I think they ****ed up because what kind of company would think DBZ can't make them money?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
2-D animated movies can't compete as well these days. At least in the west. Really the only ones that might be to do it are Disney, since they are the go to guys for this stuff.

Dragon Ball, while still popular here, is more popular in Japan, so it's bound to make more cash there. I would agree that the movie could have been in theaters at least for one full month. And again, 2-D movies seem to be popular there, while CGI is popular in the US.

I'm looking forward to the next DBZ film though. I'm glad BoG still did well enough to warrant another film.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Hopefully Toriyama doesn't try to shoehorn the next film to be behind everything that ever happened in the series. Again.

It's a minor joke in the Dragon Ball forum thread on TVTropes how Beerus is responsible for EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, I preferred it back in Dragonball when the destruction of a city or island was considered a cataclysmic event.

One thing about the original series bugs me though, it was kinda just assumed that the characters (Goku in particular) eventually learned how to fly during the final three year time skip - it took them until the Buu Saga in DBZ to demonstrate the process of teaching flight. Granted, they were engaging in ridiculous airborne combat before they actually learned "sky dancing"... managing to fall from tremendous altitudes completely unfazed.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I've been bouncing off the walls with joy because Dragon Ball Online's character creator has been confirmed to return, and be expanded on, in Xenoverse.

I loved Online and I was heartbroken when it shut down. So I'm glad it's being acknowledged and I'm more glad that I'll be able to get my characters back.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm surprised that they never pushed DBO outside of eastern countries. Granted, they probably didn't want to put forth the effort to bring it over to the west given how flooded the MMORPG market is out here.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm surprised that they never pushed DBO outside of eastern countries. Granted, they probably didn't want to put forth the effort to bring it over to the west given how flooded the MMORPG market is out here.
At least the server-remake DBO Revelations is bringing the full game back proper, in several languages.

With balance edits. So Shadow Knight is no longer :metaknight: and Turtle Hermit is no longer :kirbymelee:.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's some images for the Character creator in Dragon Ball Xenoverse if any one is interested. Not too into it myself. But at least some others will be happy with this.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
I'm almost finished of watching DBZ KAI! Three more episodes and my god this was such a great series

Top Bottom