• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball Mafia - Paperwork Complete! Town + Survivor Victory!

D

Deleted member

I maintain that it's the better way to consume the franchise, unless you want something serious.

Also, TFS Vegeta >>> Canon Vegeta any day of the week.

What kinda middle school lets kids fire ki blasts in the hall?
Don't worry, I'll make sure to actually watch it, Abridged series are my jam

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I maintain that it's the better way to consume the franchise, unless you want something serious.

It was probably a simpler time.

We all know nowdays that ki blasts would get you expelled.

I hear they're contemplating hiring Namekians as school guards.

I believe TFS is a SIGNIFICANTLY better parody than DBZ is an anime.

I just feel like a lot TFS's jokes are lost if you don't know the series. Plenty still go through just fine, but i'm sure there are some head-scratchers.
:061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It was probably a simpler time.

We all know nowdays that ki blasts would get you expelled.

Forget ki blasts I did a final explosion in the hall.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I’d prefer to turn people into sweets personally...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I’d prefer to turn people into sweets personally...
But see, that's what the Wabbajack is for. You can be any race and still do that.

You just have to be careful they don't accidentally turn into a Dremora instead. Always hate it when that happens.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I believe TFS is a SIGNIFICANTLY better parody than DBZ is an anime.

I just feel like a lot TFS's jokes are lost if you don't know the series. Plenty still go through just fine, but i'm sure there are some head-scratchers.
:061:
I guess.

But all you really need is a plot synopsis.

That didn't even go so great on Namek.

Forget ki blasts I did a final explosion in the hall.
There are multiple conflicting mental images here and none of them are pleasant.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Seriously though I did final flash or galick gun cause everyone and they mom did a kamehameha.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just wonder if I'll actually be able to be fully associated with a faction this time.
Game 1: 3rd party pervert
Game 2: 3rd party fool
Game 3: mafia traitor

C'mon, gimme a power role!
I actually wanna be 3rd party. Let's swamp.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anime was most definitely not my thing when I was a kid, so Dragon Ball was one of the shows on TV that I avoided.

I'm still not really a fan of anime overall, but DB is pretty cool. I still don't know that much about it, but I at least know about a few important characters, if that counts for anything, lol.

Knowledgeable on the series or not, I think I'm gonna have fun with this. Assuming I'm not one of the first casualties.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You don’t have to be an anime fan to enjoy DBZ.

I only enjoy 3 anime shows. Dragon Ball(z and super including), One Punch Man, and my favourite of all Sailor Moon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I might just try and really get into DBZ one day.

Other than that, I want to catch up with Soul Eater, for sure. One Punch Man and JoJo seem pretty interesting too. And I would try One Piece but I already know that it has an insane amount of episodes.

But I digress. Again, I still think I'm gonna have fun with this even if I've not watched it before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one Shonen anime I'll always recommend as a must-watch to anyone interested in the genre, is definitely My Hero Academia.
It may not have been going for long but it does everything Shonen anime do, except better in every possible way. It may mot have been going for long, but it has yet to disappoint me beyond salvation so I'd say it's doing good. Also helps Bones did the adaptation and they sure do know how to animate fighe scenes.
No matter who you are, you're bound to find something or someone you like in MHA, it's simply a series that has something for everyone.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The one Shonen anime I'll always recommend as a must-watch to anyone interested in the genre, is definitely My Hero Academia.
It may not have been going for long but it does everything Shonen anime do, except better in every possible way. It may mot have been going for long, but it has yet to disappoint me beyond salvation so I'd say it's doing good. Also helps Bones did the adaptation and they sure do know how to animate fighe scenes.
No matter who you are, you're bound to find something or someone you like in MHA, it's simply a series that has something for everyone.
I got incredibly bored half waythrough season 2

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly not gonna lie, after how i acted and played last game I decided to not sign up for this game

but I'll see if I do any better in this one. Count me in! :^)
sorry in advance everyone lol

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Main character design tho. I can't stand it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
honestly not gonna lie, after how i acted and played last game I decided to not sign up for this game

but I'll see if I do any better in this one. Count me in! :^)
sorry in advance everyone lol
I will kamehameha you if you go boy crazy again.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I will kamehameha you if you go boy crazy again.
Hey, I wasn't only boy crazy. I was desperate. Very much so.

There's a difference! :laugh:
Let's agree on establishing a new mafia rule.

If Pokechu says a pickup line, the host is allowed to kill him.
Might be useful if someone's trying to waste a lynch on me. :laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tell that to Opossum

Until I make the sequel to the Fate mafia two years from now because that's how Gacha games work.
Onion Rings has to be one of the frickin' funniest things I've seen come out of this and I wasn't even in that game, TBH.

Only real shame was that the role was pretty much useless and only existed to be suicidal.

D

Deleted member

Onion Rings has to be one of the frickin' funniest things I've seen come out of this and I wasn't even in that game, TBH.

Only real shame was that the role was pretty much useless and only existed to be suicidal.
Real talk, you only think that because you weren't playing.
I, in no way, hold this against Opossum but it simply wasn't a fun role to play as. It wasn't just the fact of me being a Fool which is a role that goes against what the game is all about but also because I joined a FEH themed game so I expected and wanted to get a FEH character.
At least I hope it will serve as a point of referemce for all future hosts to look at and not include out-of-theme roles and roles like Fool/Jester or Unfool/Unjester.

Still, it was the game I had the most fun, but probably because it was the closest I had to being a Townie and doing some detective work.
Which is why I'm looking forward to this game despite me not being a fan of the theme: I just want to use that Ace Attorney music.

And while on the topic of "roles I played that I did not enjoy"(frankly, it's all of them): being the Mafia Rival(technically, he called it Traitor but that's another role) on White's game.
I do like the idea of the role, it was fun chasing down the Godfather. What I did not like was the fact I played three entire phases without knowing my true alignment. Players shouldn't be lied to about their abilities and alignment, it just screws up with them and makes them play unfavorably to their endgoal.
I didn't need to know the full extent of it, just something hinting that I'd change alignments or something. Not knowing it and having a Town role until Night 2 didn't even fulfill any purpose. All I had was a bulletproof ability for Night 1 and nothing would have changed if I just started as the Traitor.
I also fail to see what's the connection between Potato Girl and Generic Yandere #192

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Real talk, you only think that because you weren't playing.
I, in no way, hold this against Opossum but it simply wasn't a fun role to play as. It wasn't just the fact of me being a Fool which is a role that goes against what the game is all about but also because I joined a FEH themed game so I expected and wanted to get a FEH character.
At least I hope it will serve as a point of referemce for all future hosts to look at and not include out-of-theme roles and roles like Fool/Jester or Unfool/Unjester.

Still, it was the game I had the most fun, but probably because it was the closest I had to being a Townie and doing some detective work.
Which is why I'm looking forward to this game despite me not being a fan of the theme: I just want to use that Ace Attorney music.

And while on the topic of "roles I played that I did not enjoy"(frankly, it's all of them): being the Mafia Rival(technically, he called it Traitor but that's another role) on White's game.
I do like the idea of the role, it was fun chasing down the Godfather. What I did not like was the fact I played three entire phases without knowing my true alignment. Players shouldn't be lied to about their abilities and alignment, it just screws up with them and makes them play unfavorably to their endgoal.
I didn't need to know the full extent of it, just something hinting that I'd change alignments or something. Not knowing it and having a Town role until Night 2 didn't even fulfill any purpose. All I had was a bulletproof ability for Night 1 and nothing would have changed if I just started as the Traitor.
I also fail to see what's the connection between Potato Girl and Generic Yandere #192
. . .What even exactly is an Unfool?

Honestly from what I could read being out of theme doesn't seem like it was a fundamental problem with the role outside of you personally not liking it. Being the Fool, on the other hand, seemed to drag the role down entirely. There's an entire dynamic that could have been had out of a character that had no right being there as a Townie or even a Mafia (harder to roleproove, harder to watch out for), but deliberately trying to get a character like that to ram themselves into the ground prevents that dynamic from existing. That isn't to say that a role like that should exist every game or even all that frequently, as doing it too often would rob it of the shock factor. But there's a place for a character that has no possible predictability and being the Fool robs a character of that.

D

Deleted member

Honestly from what I could read being out of theme doesn't seem like it was a fundamental problem with the role outside of you personally not liking it. Being the Fool, on the other hand, seemed to drag the role down entirely. There's an entire dynamic that could have been had out of a character that had no right being there as a Townie or even a Mafia (harder to roleproove, harder to watch out for), but deliberately trying to get a character like that to ram themselves into the ground prevents that dynamic from existing. That isn't to say that a role like that should exist every game or even all that frequently, as doing it too often would rob it of the shock factor. But there's a place for a character that has no possible predictability and being the Fool robs a character of that.
I joined a FEH game, it's only natural I expected a FEH character.
Yeah, this wouldn't bother me if I didn't care about the theme but I did and I doubt anyone would like to be a character completed unrelated to the theme in question.
There isn'g even a point to having out-of-theme characters, because then, what even is the point of having a theme in the first place?

And a 3rd Party can exist while still being on-theme as we have seen with all 3rd party roles besides Sonic.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is an unfool actually a genius?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I joined a FEH game, it's only natural I expected a FEH character.
Yeah, this wouldn't bother me if I didn't care about the theme but I did and I doubt anyone would like to be a character completed unrelated to the theme in question.
There isn'g even a point to having out-of-theme characters, because then, what even is the point of having a theme in the first place?

And a 3rd Party can exist while still being on-theme as we have seen with all 3rd party roles besides Sonic.
Honestly that's directly proportional to how serious the theme takes itself in the first place.

And what I'm saying is off theme only really hypothetically works as a concept if it ISN'T third party, not that third parties have to be off-theme. If anything the dynamic of an on-theme third party and an off-theme townie would be more popcorn worthy than anything.

But again, the game shouldn't be all that straight-laced if it's going to pull something zany, because if the expectation is that everything is going to be stiff and proper then that leaves people open to being let down.

Top Bottom