• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball Mafia - Paperwork Complete! Town + Survivor Victory!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Real talk, you only think that because you weren't playing.
I, in no way, hold this against Opossum but it simply wasn't a fun role to play as. It wasn't just the fact of me being a Fool which is a role that goes against what the game is all about but also because I joined a FEH themed game so I expected and wanted to get a FEH character.
At least I hope it will serve as a point of referemce for all future hosts to look at and not include out-of-theme roles and roles like Fool/Jester or Unfool/Unjester.
Fools are bad civilization.

Gatcha.

D

Deleted member

Honestly that's directly proportional to how serious the theme takes itself in the first place.
I'm not really sure what you mean with that but the host should alwaya take the theme seriously unless the theme is a deliberate ****post like Swamp's Hunger Games.
If anything the dynamic of an on-theme third party and an off-theme townie would be more popcorn worthy than anything.
See, that's the issue here, we are looking at this diferently.
You're seeing this from a spectator's perspective but a game should prioritize its players having fun above all else.
A game designed for the host's own enjoyment is bordering ******* modding.

Besides, an out-of-theme Townie is just a guaranteed lynch on them. The moment players start believing out-of-theme claims as Town is when theme becomes irrelevant.
But again, the game shouldn't be all that straight-laced if it's going to pull something zany, because if the expectation is that everything is going to be stiff and proper then that leaves people open to being let down
Following the theme isn't "stiff" or "proper", it's just something every player should be able to expect safely because that's what they're being promised.
You can still do non-serious roles while remaining on theme. Just look at all the memes I put in my game. Hell, I was actually really disappointed I had to cut Mysterious Heroine X because she was one of my favorite roles yet she was the least "serious" of them all.

D

Deleted member

Reasons.

Anyone who tries to make colored poops with faces should really get help. I MEAN IT IS LITERALLY FECES.
I am going to say it, but Saitama could be a funny reference to put in. Saitama can potentially beat the entire DBZ universe, I said it. :p

D

Deleted member

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180227T22&p0=179&font=cursive

Countdown for the beginning of Day 1 in case anyone wonders while im at class.

Role Pms will probably go out about 3 hours before the phase begins.
:061:
I'd do it as soon as possible so everyone has plenty of time to confirm their roles(it'll be 9PM here when roles are sent out so it'll be even later for anyone in east timezones) but I'm not the one hosting so you do you.

EDIT: east. I meant east.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, since the game is starting soon, I'll meme before I go into spectator mode. Saw this on Twitter and thought about you all hahahaha.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is how you pick up girls everyone (I've watched that scene so many times, I love it). I shall take my leave now, hope you guys enjoy the game! I'll be watching you all, hope you make this entertaining.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, since the game is starting soon, I'll meme before I go into spectator mode. Saw this on Twitter and thought about you all hahahaha.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is how you pick up girls everyone (I've watched that scene so many times, I love it). I shall take my leave now, hope you guys enjoy the game! I'll be watching you all, hope you make this entertaining.
Pokechu Pokechu Take notes, dude :p

D

Deleted member

I think a title change is due now.

Last edited by a moderator:
About to change title.

Role PMs have been sent. If there are any questions or errors let me know. And don't be afraid to do what I do and make the role PM your personal diary. It's fun to know what the players are thinking

Will send the Spectators PM out in one moment.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have my role.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looks like I'm a townie this time. Guess this means I have to tell the truth...

Aw man.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tag me when it's time to vote for Holder.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Tag me when it's time to vote for Holder.
Can't lynch me.

I have the best defense that always works.

"If you guys kill me it'd be a huge mistake and y'all will regret it!"

See? So don't even think about it!

Top Bottom