• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
I will admit the worst part about the leak are the potential cuts.

Ice Climbers would be the hardest cut for me to accept in Smash history. If they do end up getting cut, and not being DLC, I will be crushed. I've grown quite fond of Popo and Nana.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I want Doc back but sorry I couldn't accept his return if Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers got removed.

There is no reason to get rid of those three. I can understand Snake since it probably is a complicated process to get him on-board, and Squirtle and Ivysaur are made somewhat redundant with Pokémon Trainer gone, but those three?

But like I said before I heavily doubt the leak is real. Doc coming back would be great but not at the hefty price that 'leak' is wanting.
The leaker said Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Chorus Men were gonna be DLC.
Meaning the only cuts are Squirtle and Ivysaur.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
@ S Scoob why would you come to a Dr. Mario thread purely to tell everyone here you don't think there's any reason Dr. Mario should be more than an alternate costume? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but we're all obviously going to disagree.

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
@ S Scoob why would you come to a Dr. Mario thread purely to tell everyone here you don't think there's any reason Dr. Mario should be more than an alternate costume? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but we're all obviously going to disagree.
Really, don't respond to Scoob. It's obvious bait. Possibly a disgruntled Mewtwo fan, taking his anger out on the Doc fans for being in the leak.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want the Doc. back so much.
Not only is he my Melee Super Main (It's magical), but he has SO MUCH REASONS to be seperate now.
The main reason is how his Down B ISN'T F.L.U.D.D.!
Fans want a Mario without F.L.U.D.D.? BAM, the Doc. has got you covered.
Plus he has his awesome FAir, different DAir and even new Taunt Potential for him.
They could even make a custom Neutral B have to do with the Viruses, going Fever > Chill > Weird in order to do Burn Damage / Freeze Damage / Stun Damage respectively!
SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
And despite what everyone else says, he has the most unique move of all characters.

His NAir.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Really, don't respond to Scoob. It's obvious bait. Possibly a disgruntled Mewtwo fan, taking his anger out on the Doc fans for being in the leak.
Nah, I don't care if Mewtwo is in. Hell, I think it'd be nice if everyone came back. All the talk of cuts is annoying, but it's part of the game. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure why I posted here. It was a while ago. Everyone can hope for whoever they want. The leak makes Doc look more likely each day. I think maybe I was miffed that the Ice Climbers are shoved aside as DLC while characters like Doc and Dark Pit are in. Of course, that's not confirmed or denied yet, so my contempt is basically unwarranted. Feel free to ignore me, I probably won't post here again.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Dr.Mario is One of the Games that the Composer Worked on Dr.Mario has a slightly better chance now?

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Dr.Mario is One of the Games that the Composer Worked on Dr.Mario has a slightly better chance now?
By that logic, we could say that Nightmare from Soul Calibur and Heihachi from Tekken are also likely. There are composers from a ton of 3rd party titles.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
By that logic, we could say that Nightmare from Soul Calibur and Heihachi from Teller are also likely. There are composers from a ton of 3rd party titles.
Could you please stop hating and go to another veteran/newcomer thread you like instead of digging us into the ground because of the leak?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No he's right, just because a composer who worked on a certain game or series before is helping compose some music for these games doesn't mean that said series character would become playable. It's kinda like saying that just because a certain voice actor known to voice a certain character is commissioned for some voice acting work, it doesn't mean that it's character would become playable too (Krystal fans learned this the hard way). They are just here because they where hired to compose some songs for the games.

Eitherway, I think Doctor Mario's return is not far out of the realm of possibility but not because of that list....

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
The leaker said Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Chorus Men were gonna be DLC.
Meaning the only cuts are Squirtle and Ivysaur.
The DLC has been considered to be a fake list for a while now, quite a few different mods have been investigating and have their own sources, and the consensus is that while the rest of the leak is still of unknown legitimacy, the DLC bit was false.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
No he's right, just because a composer who worked on a certain game or series before is helping compose some music for these games doesn't mean that said series character would become playable. It's kinda like saying that just because a certain voice actor known to voice a certain character is commissioned for some voice acting work, it doesn't mean that it's character would become playable too (Krystal fans learned this the hard way). They are just here because they where hired to compose some songs for the games.

Eitherway, I think Doctor Mario's return is not far out of the realm of possibility but not because of that list....
I still stand true to my belief that he'd be better off as an alt, but if it makes you guys happy...

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The DLC has been considered to be a fake list for a while now, quite a few different mods have been investigating and have their own sources, and the consensus is that while the rest of the leak is still of unknown legitimacy, the DLC bit was false.
Didnt know...
Could you get a link or source?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm glad the doc will be back if the leak is real, would make up for the lack of work they have put into Mario's ssb4 moveset

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I, for one, welcome our new Doctor overlords.

A Mario that can reliably KO, finally.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I think Dr. Mario and Mewtwo (and maybe even Roy) could join Smash Bros again.
They were planned for Brawl, so i don't see why its a bad idea.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I was against the idea of bringing the Doc back, but the more I think about it, the better an idea it seems. With his original Down B, he'll be the closest to the original Smash Mario.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Why wouldn't people want Dr Mario back? He's Mario without FLUDD. I haven't heard any praise for FLUDD, so why not?

Also, I don't really know myself, what are some good uses of FLUDD? I've never found a way of using it effectively in Brawl.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Also, I don't really know myself, what are some good uses of FLUDD? I've never found a way of using it effectively in Brawl.
Spacing, really. FLUDD can be pretty annoying with how he can stop your momentum and put you on a spot you don't wanna be in. It's not useless, but it's a pretty situational move, and isn't exactly the easiest move to utilize.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Doc's not coming back.

He's just too similar to Mario to be made into his own character.

I would love to see Mario adopt some of his move properties though.
I bet if the leak if real this guy is kicking himself.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
If Doctor Mario comes back, I hope his pills have the same custom moves as Mario's fireballs. Throwing a giant pill sounds awesome!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats, people! I never expected him to be back, but it is good to see him.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
YAH-HOHOHOOO!
THE DOC IS BACK IN ACTION!
THE LEAK IS REAL!
MY GOD, SO HAPPY!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, I didn't think it would happen. But I'm actually pretty happy. Hopefully Doc keeps the Tornado. But I wonder what his Final Smash will be. He's never had one before. Maybe he lets loose a bunch of the viruses, but that would be a little weird. It could be more like Pac-Man's, where Doc reenacts his original game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile... At the Mario Bros. Clinic.

Dr. Luigi is doing double time while his brother goofs off... again.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Sweet Mega Vitamins on holy construct that is shrine to the smash gods, my melee main is back!!!!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I just saw the video footage! It was awesome! (Bowser Jr & Shulk that is) which support the leak. Also with the rumours of DLC and the fact that there might be a few that are not shown as of yet. I could not have been happier. By the roster leak, Doc and Dog are the ones that hypes me the most ~

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Mario without FLUDD! Amazing! Never thought I would be so happy to see him back, hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom