• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario PSA [v0.7] Recolors + Melee F-Air + Stock Icons

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
it's pretty cool and better than nothing but the piece's texturing needs better work, of course a strap and stethoscope

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's difficult to perfectly texture a vertex hack since it changes the way the texture is wrapped, stretching out surfaces. All things considered it looks a lot better than I expected.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yeah, it looks alright... what do you guys think? Is it OP worthy?

EDIT: Eh, actually, I'll just put it under the recolors section as an optional download.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It's difficult to perfectly texture a vertex hack since it changes the way the texture is wrapped, stretching out surfaces. All things considered it looks a lot better than I expected.
Yeah, my texture hack uses a vertex hack on Peach's sleeves and the texturing is just messed up, and since my character has striped sleeves it took a little while to get it right. :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Do you know about/how to fix the transparent hair glitch I experience?
You have to put all the files in the zipped file in the folder. The other Mario's will have their hats in their hair though.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Visit the main page of KC-MM for somthing better at 7th april (based of my vetex and Oni Kage moveset) !!!

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, I don't know if the Final Smash has been finalized, but I have another possible idea for the final smash (it might be more trouble than it's worth though, since I don't know how far brawl hacking has come).

Instead of raining viruses and pills, everyone but Dr. Mario is infected.What this means for them could be a number of things. Being dazed, taking damage, moving slower, taking longer to charge attacks, etc. The point is that they would be inhibited somehow. This would last for about 15-30 seconds or until they are KO'd. To go the extra mile, megavitamins could do extra damage on an infected opponent.

I don't know if it'd be possible, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't really matter what it is, the point is everyone would be inhibited. Only difference between this and negative zone is this lasts for a set amount of time, not whenever the victims are in range.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
is there a dr mario .6 without the hair sticking out of mario's head if he has a cap on because the newest vertex edit removes the cap of only 1 but the dr mario psa has mario's hair stick out

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The previous post made absolutely no sense whatsoever... O_o'

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
umm dr mario .6 has mario's hair stick out of his hat so dr mario can have his texture without a hat but any textures with hats some hair sticks out, this isn't necessary anymore because of the newest vertex edit that better?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm not really sure how the hair on the Dr. Mario vertex was made. I know the Doctor's mirror was made from Mario's hat and mashed down. The hair is the only thing that got me confused.

Also, by hair sticking out, I'll explain that (I'll try).

So, we all know characters have polygons. Mario's hair is one polygon. The only time you see it is when you do his side taunt. The PSA makes it so that his hair is on all of his animations. By polygon-removing his hat and using this, you won't have a hat sticking out. However, I recommend the Dr. Mario vertex hack.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
IMO, it looks better. They took Mario's buttons and made them into a stethoscope.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If you just straight up hex out his hat, it will leave a hole on his head in brawl because the PSA command to turn the hair polygon on is only in his side taunt. You'd have to copy and paste that command to each subaction in PSA. I don't know if vertexing it smaller would work so you don't have to PSA it.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you lovely
Dr. Mario fans/workers on his revival.

Does the Doc have stock Icons yet?

I made stock Icons for Roy, and I'd love to make
them for my favourite plumber-turned-physician
too (And Young Link, Pichu and Mewtwo as well :3 )

But one question...I'll need to know what Doc's official
costumes are.

I've made stock icons for his;
Default white costume,
Pinkish-red costume,
Blue costume,
Green costume,
and his black costume.

But...Uhh...What's his sixth costume???

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I have a question for you lovely
Dr. Mario fans/workers on his revival.

Does the Doc have stock Icons yet?

I made stock Icons for Roy, and I'd love to make
them for my favourite plumber-turned-physician
too (And Young Link, Pichu and Mewtwo as well :3 )

But one question...I'll need to know what Doc's official
costumes are.

I've made stock icons for his;
Default white costume,
Pinkish-red costume,
Blue costume,
Green costume,
and his black costume.

But...Uhh...What's his sixth costume???
Um... no, not that I know of. But yeah you're welcome to make them if you'd like :]

Uh, lets see here...

His official colors are:

White

Red

Blue

Gold

Green

Capless Mario

I don't have a black doc :/ I personally like to keep the original "brawler" as an alt costume, so I have a capless mario in there haha.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Very nice! Added to the OP ;]

Also, the model looks more complete with the hair on all of the costumes, but if someone could take the latest version of the moveset and remove the call for the hair model in all of the animations, that'd be great, since I've seen some people ask about it.

Oh, and sfx anyone? :3 If you want to help with either of these things, check out the to do list under the OP for more info.

Top Bottom