• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario PSA [v0.7] Recolors + Melee F-Air + Stock Icons

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yo, Oni. Do you have anyone making the virus sprites? I still haven't gotten an answer to my offer to do them for you.

It'll actually be quite simple. While only one of them has a sprite where the legs move up, with some simple editing....

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yo, Oni. Do you have anyone making the virus sprites? I still haven't gotten an answer to my offer to do them for you.

It'll actually be quite simple. While only one of them has a sprite where the legs move up, with some simple editing....
oh, i kind of forgot you asked haha ^_^" I actually finished them a few days ago, but I have no way to edit the pallettes to keep it from freezing :U

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Glad to help a citizen ^_^

Ok, so, until I can figure out how to create pallettes for the viruses in the FS, I'll work on seeing if I can get the FS to spawn a specific assist trophy. Also, Christmas vacation started today, so I'll probably be able to actually work on him. Does anyone have any concerns about the current moveset's functionality? I don't know why his down special forces him into fast fall, I KNOW I fixed that >_> Here's EXACTLY what's coming in v0.5:

New D-Air

Perfected Megavitamin

New Dash attack

New Utaunt

New FS

(Maybe) New Wait1

(Maybe) Removed Cap

Some of these items have actually already been done! You may know if you've been diligently reading through the posts ;)

Also, I'm adding a "Upcoming" section to the secondary OP (To-do list). Basically, it tells of what to EXPECT (not what absolutely WILL) come in the next build. Sound good?

I'm getting a laptop for Christmas as well, so I'll be able to work on it slightly more often.

On a final note, can anyone identify the problem as to why you are unable to move around with a grounded Shock Tornado?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I'm done the Wait1. Lemme upload...

EDIT: I'm uploading the Wait1.chr0, so you just pop that into Mario's MotionEtc.

EDIT2: And It's beta, so I still need to work on it.

EDIT3: It doesn't work, he turns invisible during the animation, why doesn't it work?

stickman

Smash Apprentice
(Maybe) Removed Cap
Can I pass this on to an animator? I need all the animations the reference the hat to reference his hair instead. I would rather someone with experience do this than myself so it looks more professional. If anyone needs a download for capless mario, give me a holler. (the cap is gone but there is a hole in his head because his hair is not loaded underneath.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Guys, the Wait1 didn't work. He just turns invisible, and you can only see the first frame when the animation starts. Read my last post.^^^
Is there a way to fix that?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I removed the fire effect that follows the pill while it's airborne (Offset 0xC5B8 in SA). Someone already removed the ring that appears around mario's wrist and the fire effect that stays on his hand for a bit (I'd like to know these offsets). All that's left is to remove the effect that appears when the fireball bounces. I believe it's effect 26 shown here. If you happen to know the offset... tell meh plox.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Check 0xC558 and 0xC5B8 in PSA. I can't test myself but they are the only two that make any sense

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yes! I actually checked that one but was confused because it was a different format. Just too lazy to test it. So that's done. I'm going to play with sound effects and I'll probably upload tomorrow.

Right now, the sound effect from mario's up B plays when he shoots the pill but that should play when the pill hits someone. I don't know if I can do that.

In melee, both mario and dr mario have a red flash overlay when they shoot the projectile. Right now our Dr. Mario has a blue overlay when he shoots the pill. Opinions? I actually don't mind straying from melee a bit.

Edit:
So I guess you could add that to your offset collab.
0xC558 - fireball landing effect
0xC5B8 - fireball trail effect

And again, I KNOW there is someone who knows the offset for the ring and fire effects around mario's wrist when he shoots the fireball. Just saying. It should be added to the collab aswell. Maybe it should just be called the offset collab. It covers everything: first hitboxes, then floating points, now graphics. I don't know what else there is that would need hexing... sounds?

edit: lol smells

FitMario.pac, didn't touch the sounds yet.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Bump. Any progress on that animation? Also, I still need some one to either

A. tell me how to create a pallet for images or

B. add the virus textures to an excite bike at

please :3 since I already edited their textures, I just need to import them, but again, they need pallets. And I dont have photoshop or gimp, I use paint.net.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Bump. Any progress on that animation?
Sadly, nope. He still turns invisible. I've asked in the BrawlBox thread over 9000 times, but no one is answering. We'll just have to wait.
The actual animation is complete, I just need to make him visible.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I can try vertex hacking the hat into hair, and possibly the headband too. BTW, i can also make it so it isn't referenced by animations, so therefore the hair wont jiggle in wait animations etc nvm, to advanced for my patience...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Pmub

Dam, this hat/hair thing is a real pain. Maybe we should let it go for now. The only thing I can do atm is to probably call the assist trophy on his FS, but I have no way of knowing whoch AT is going to spawn! I'll ask in PSA thread. And can someone volunteer to put the images I made into an excite bike AT plz?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think it could just replace the AT texture in brawlbox, as long as it is on a transparent background, saved as a PNG

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Oh ok, I've got em in .tga with transparent background but... it shows palletts are needed, and my experience with pallettes has been rocky, so I was hoping someone who knew what to do with pallets could help or just insert them. God, it feels like forever since Ive played brawl, probably bc of christmas haha.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well maybe you'll find a way, anywho, here are the files for excite bike viruses (extract to pf/Item/Excitebike)

http://www.mediafire.com/?woydmgyij2z

i'm not even sure if the many other sprites even show up, but the majority of the time, they walk back and forth, and occasionally show their fall down animation (which i presumed was when it was braking)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
There's no way to spawn a specific AT though so that won't work
Ohh... :U

well maybe you'll find a way, anywho, here are the files for excite bike viruses (extract to pf/Item/Excitebike)

i'm not even sure if the many other sprites even show up, but the majority of the time, they walk back and forth, and occasionally show their fall down animation (which i presumed was when it was braking)
Thanks, maybe there is SOME way. Theres a code to force it to only spawn specific ATs but it would affect everyone :/

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I implemented the FS. Atm, it currently spawns ATs at random :U (lol ive been abusing that smiley all week) once I change the animation, this calls for a new official build :drmario:

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
In the next build, will it include some hitbox changes to resemble Doc? Things like spike on fair have nothing to do on Doc. lol

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I can see what I can do about it I suppose, but first I gotta find an animation list...

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth

(I'm back :) ) I've tried the viruses replacing the excite bikes and they r very good. They work perfectly and i don't notice anything wrong. SOMEONE should try to use the way they spawn into the Doc's final smash (if it's possible)
P.S. Unfortunately i'm 14 so i struggle with editing of the files and the only thing i can do to help is try out all the files in Brawl itself so i can't do anythin with the final smash or hat sorry :(

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ha its cool man im 14 too xD

Well, I dont think its possible to spawn a specific AT to my knowledge, so :/

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I think I saw a code that modified AT so they spawned only a specific AT. Why don't you use that? Even if it afects every AT, most people don't use items so it doesn't matter. (Although you need items on to use the FS, which is kind of contradictory.)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
most people who want to use characters want them to affect the rest of the game as little as possible (people don't want to have to use a PSA for EVERY texture, since only one PSA can be used at a time) so having to force excitebikes to spawn everytime, and a texture for excitebikes just to get a single mario PSA to work correctly (how it should work) is inconvenient on the user's part.

I suggest we either drop any progress on a final smash right now and work on another aspect of dr mario (like replicating hitboxes, attacks, and damages) or just make another, more plausible final smash for him

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be easy(to the code makers, of course) to make a version of the AT code that is button activated. Like, when playing with Doc hold L when selecting the stage to make it so that only Excite Bike is spawned. Then, when not playing with Doc, don't hold L.

But I don't see why anyone would go through that trouble. :/

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I think I saw a code that modified AT so they spawned only a specific AT. Why don't you use that? Even if it afects every AT, most people don't use items so it doesn't matter. (Although you need items on to use the FS, which is kind of contradictory.)
Yes, I have seen that code. I dont think this is gonna work...

most people who want to use characters want them to affect the rest of the game as little as possible (people don't want to have to use a PSA for EVERY texture, since only one PSA can be used at a time) so having to force excitebikes to spawn everytime, and a texture for excitebikes just to get a single mario PSA to work correctly (how it should work) is inconvenient on the user's part.

I suggest we either drop any progress on a final smash right now and work on another aspect of dr mario (like replicating hitboxes, attacks, and damages) or just make another, more plausible final smash for him
Maybe we should just focus on something else then... first off, anyone got an animation list? I have no idea where one is, Ive been searching. YES with the search function.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??!! Your 14 and you can do all that. u must be some genius or god or something cause i've been trying to do some mario hacking for ages and i failed horribly. I respect u BIG time :O
lol thank you ^_^"

Wouldn't it be easy(to the code makers, of course) to make a version of the AT code that is button activated. Like, when playing with Doc hold L when selecting the stage to make it so that only Excite Bike is spawned. Then, when not playing with Doc, don't hold L.

But I don't see why anyone would go through that trouble. :/
Boy, I really have no idea how to do that aha... yeah, maybe the code makers could do something. OR, we can do what was done with the megavitamin, and add it to the motionetc.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Eh...maybe it could work. Do model and animation swaps with the Mario Finale? But then we would have to edit it to match up properly....

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ok guys, NEW BUILD! Go see all of the new pics on the OP for details!

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Haha, another new build. I released the wrong one X_X This one had a last minute animation change to the second areal jump.

Top Bottom