• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
That is not a bad luigi, he does give up slightly towards the end because he is frustrated because it is a very tough matchup for luigi.

This is a really good mega man and he has very good techniques. You can tel it is a good luigi by how well he combod mega after that grab combo.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
@sneaks. Too many random fsmashes. Try not to throw MB from the ground when you are close to your opponent. Pretty good pellet usage.

Against ryu up air can be very useful becAuse he has slow aerial speed and we can get him stuck in the air. And also use grabs more. When you pellet that much it gets them conditioned to shielding which will allow you to take advantage of using grabs. And next time they will be more hesitant to shield your pellets maybe expecting a grab.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
That is not a bad luigi, he does give up slightly towards the end because he is frustrated because it is a very tough matchup for luigi.

This is a really good mega man and he has very good techniques. You can tel it is a good luigi by how well he combod mega after that grab combo.
That's a good point, but as a youtube comment said once, "Luigi is so braindead that i can't even tell the bad from the good ones anymore" XD, i mean that as in , Luigi's combos are not very hard to pull off.

But given how experienced you are, i will take what you said.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Please tell me what can I improve in with my Megaman?
Watched the video now, can't really say anything other than what's already been said, no experience against Ryu either but to me seems like you were doing well. Just be aware of your rolls, you started to roll almost everytime you put your shield up, and that costed you a stock. That first kill with dsmash though, good stuff, i guess you could say that was very... sneaky.

heh, i made a funneh.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Watched the video now, can't really say anything other than what's already been said, no experience against Ryu either but to me seems like you were doing well. Just be aware of your rolls, you started to roll almost everytime you put your shield up, and that costed you a stock. That first kill with dsmash though, good stuff, i guess you could say that was very... sneaky.

heh, i made a funneh.
Only use for DSmash, hard punish

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Set from an online tournament that i had this weekend, this set is the only one i bother to record since the other ones that i won i knew what i did right, and the other set i lost i know what i did wrong.

Managed to win the first match, second one was close but i screwed up big time at the end, and got demolished in the 3rd match.

My biggest problem with Fox is when he is jumping around baiting stuff, help me.

Oh, and only managed to upload the first match directly to youtube cause lol 3 minutes limit.
Another thing: help with recording with my cellphone, recording FD in particular, i tried really hard but couldn't help with the brightness on there, is it the stage? Cause the BF recording looks way better.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Does anyone actually follow the rules.:skull:
Anyway, I found two interesting videos :

Summit - SCS | Iliad (Falcon) vs Bug Dr. (Megaman) vs [LP] Trulliam (Diddy) - Smash 4 R2 Tie Breaker , 20/08/2015
https://youtu.be/7pb9rmzaZlg

Super Smash Bros: BajeKnight [Mario] vs KingArc [Mega Man] Final Stand Animekon 2015 , 20/08/2015
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SlkRgmmLkOw

Both of them have good Mega Mans, but the other guys are also really good tho

Edit : Just adding another one :-p

Super Smash Bros: King Arc [Mega Man] vs W BOSS [Samus] Final Stand Animekon 2015 , 20/08/2015
https://youtu.be/1Wc6_6VDVhQ

Jeez, Arc is just soo good. The pressure he put on his opponent was too heavy. And the disrespect :shades:

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Set from an online tournament that i had this weekend, this set is the only one i bother to record since the other ones that i won i knew what i did right, and the other set i lost i know what i did wrong.

Managed to win the first match, second one was close but i screwed up big time at the end, and got demolished in the 3rd match.

My biggest problem with Fox is when he is jumping around baiting stuff, help me.

Oh, and only managed to upload the first match directly to youtube cause lol 3 minutes limit.
Another thing: help with recording with my cellphone, recording FD in particular, i tried really hard but couldn't help with the brightness on there, is it the stage? Cause the BF recording looks way better.
You did a pretty good job in the first set with the uppers really saving you. Fox is a tough matchup. I think we have to not be afraid to stay in shield because he does not have a kill throw and is.gery aggressive.

When he is reasonably close to us we can't do any love with lag or it will be a great % of punish from him. Just be careful on when you use which attacks because he can combo us for days if we make a little mistake.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Does anyone actually follow the rules.:skull:
Anyway, I found two interesting videos :

Summit - SCS | Iliad (Falcon) vs Bug Dr. (Megaman) vs [LP] Trulliam (Diddy) - Smash 4 R2 Tie Breaker , 20/08/2015
https://youtu.be/7pb9rmzaZlg

Super Smash Bros: BajeKnight [Mario] vs KingArc [Mega Man] Final Stand Animekon 2015 , 20/08/2015
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SlkRgmmLkOw

Both of them have good Mega Mans, but the other guys are also really good tho

Edit : Just adding another one :-p

Super Smash Bros: King Arc [Mega Man] vs W BOSS [Samus] Final Stand Animekon 2015 , 20/08/2015
https://youtu.be/1Wc6_6VDVhQ

Jeez, Arc is just soo good. The pressure he put on his opponent was too heavy. And the disrespect :shades:
Will watch later, also DO'H... yeah, not embed viideos is in bold on the rules yet everyone just... ignored it XD

Guess i'll stick to links from now on, sorry.
You did a pretty good job in the first set with the uppers really saving you. Fox is a tough matchup. I think we have to not be afraid to stay in shield because he does not have a kill throw and is.gery aggressive.

When he is reasonably close to us we can't do any love with lag or it will be a great % of punish from him. Just be careful on when you use which attacks because he can combo us for days if we make a little mistake.

Thanks for the feedback, like i said, my biggest problem is that whenever i was shielding next to him, i would always act first out of fear, and he noticed that. Also i had a lot of chances for a dair spike or for a bair off stage, since he kept trying to recover from below and on a diagonal angle after that upper to his side B, and i really need to fix my timing for ledge trumps.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
That Zss seemed to be really inexperienced in the MU, why would a ZSS take Megaman to FD?
The Mario/Falcon seemed good though, good stuff, that Megaman really knows how to apply his pressure.

Bug Dr. seems very good as well, but after that early stock vs Falcon in the final match he really fell appart, had he kept his cool i think he could definitely won.

Octobot where do you find all this awesome Megamen ?

AerialNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
aznninja96
3DS FC
2036-8306-5753
Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK(team of me and Zucco, a pretty known Mega Man player!) here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Mega Man. Hope you enjoy!

Asa

Smash Hero
did you namesearch megaman?

also zori did win the set, disclaimer

Last edited:

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Got a pretty clutch 2v1 comeback in doubles a few days ago in a doubles tourney. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqqT27oo9Vk&feature=youtu.be&t=658

Also, we took first at the doubles tourney, taking out MN's best doubles team despite teaming up for the first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH7DK23QUcA Got leaf lock into up tilt and a double footstool on Kirby game 3.
That was a spectacular showing aerialninja! Especially that last game, I mean wow. Looking forward to seeing more of your Megaman.:denzel:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Sorry for being a ****...

This is all mediocre stuff, I could get those clips in about 10mins on for glory.

The cinematography and music are good though

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Haven't posted any videos in a while, but I'd love to get some critique on these matches:

Aug 22nd
vs :4wario2: (WFs)

vs:4wario2: (GFs)

July 26

vs :4metaknight:

July 25 (Customs)

vs :4falcon: (WFs)

AerialNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
aznninja96
3DS FC
2036-8306-5753
Haven't posted any videos in a while, but I'd love to get some critique on these matches:

Aug 22nd

July 26

July 25 (Customs)

FYI I only watched the games with Fatality. Game 1, I think you should have covered Fatality's get up options better with an up air near the ledge more since he was jumping from the ledge a lot. I also felt you could have chosen better times to Plant Barrier. Falcon's up air just goes straight through Plant Barrier and you were using it too early when landing. Regarding your down throw to double bair combo, you should try baiting out the air dodge for the second bair; there were multiple times where you could have waited for an air dodge before bairing again. Also there were times where you went for some unsafe bairs when Falcon was holding shield on Battlefield, you should just opt for safe shield pressure with up airs. Great Megaman play though, I always love watching your games against Fatality, they're always so fun to watch.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think you played the matchup really well, the only thing you need to look at is when using MB or Danger Wrap to make sure he isn't close enough to punish. That is what cost you the first game.

Great mega man though. Really Great!

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace

Aug 22nd

July 26

July 25 (Customs)

I think CB would have done a better job agains Falcon, same for Leafshield

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Good stuff, but you can tell that Fox wasn't very good(bothers to reflect pellets, don't reflect air shooter XD).

You are playing good though. Gotta get better with timing those hard knuckles. I never get them either, really need to step up my game.

That whole tournament caliber thing, you should go to one if you can or at least an online one if you can't. It really gives you an idea of how you are compared to other players from your region, and encourages you to practice more.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Good stuff, but you can tell that Fox wasn't very good(bothers to reflect pellets, don't reflect air shooter XD).

You are playing good though. Gotta get better with timing those hard knuckles. I never get them either, really need to step up my game.

That whole tournament caliber thing, you should go to one if you can or at least an online one if you can't. It really gives you an idea of how you are compared to other players from your region, and encourages you to practice more.
I don't know if there's any local tournaments in my area, but I would like to go to one, just to see what it's like.
Fox is hard to time with the Hard Knuckle. Thankfully, the spike is safe, so it's not putting me into any real danger.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't know if there's any local tournaments in my area, but I would like to go to one, just to see what it's like.
Fox is hard to time with the Hard Knuckle. Thankfully, the spike is safe, so it's not putting me into any real danger.
I think there is a thread/forum about finding tournaments in your region around the word, it's how i found out there was a brazilian facebook group, and that group introduced me to the people who organize tournaments where i live. The brazilian scene is still small, but it seems that my city is one of the better ones when it comes to number of tournaments.

I'll see if i find that forum and send you the link later.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
It looks like @ Locke 06 Locke 06 had a match uploaded. WHY DO YOU GUYS NEVER POST THEM
...Anyway, here's the set.

ePG Weekly - DtD| Locke (Megaman) Vs. Dare2Dream (Wario) SSB4 (Winners R3) - Sm4sh ; 20/08/2015
https://youtu.be/GekB_mpIhJ0

So, a few little things things :

• Use the Bike to Stagger your UTilt. You can also UTilt Wario when he is on his Bike d possibly hit him with the sweetspot, and you can also increase UTilt's intangibility when you use it on a grounded Bike.
  • Don't be afraid to wall with FAirs. You used them accurately, but it seemed that that Wario liked aerial approaches... So just burn him *insert lenny*. You can also punish with a DSmash if you feel lucky (The thing has low horizontal range, but its vertical range is awkwadly large...). I wonder if staggering DSmash could be any useful...

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Lol. I have a ton of matches uploaded.

You literally picked the worst one. Who CP's to castle siege? Me because I wanted good music and he wouldn't let me CP omegas. Got janked for it. He's not a good Wario, so why bother? I played down and I usually beat him. That tourney was weird.

I don't post them, because I'd be posting every other week. If there's something interesting, I'd post, but atm I'm just doing my own thing.

Thought about posting me getting bodied by Sheik/Cacogen, but decided I'd just analyze it myself and come up with ideas.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I see. Well, it's simply the 1st tournament record I saw With a Mega man, so i watched it (Thanks Youtube). Which means there is better stuff posted this week to watch out there :shades:
I'll get on it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Lol. I have a ton of matches uploaded.

You literally picked the worst one. Who CP's to castle siege? Me because I wanted good music and he wouldn't let me CP omegas. Got janked for it. He's not a good Wario, so why bother? I played down and I usually beat him. That tourney was weird.

I don't post them, because I'd be posting every other week. If there's something interesting, I'd post, but atm I'm just doing my own thing.

Thought about posting me getting bodied by Sheik/Cacogen, but decided I'd just analyze it myself and come up with ideas.
You should post all your matches you know? Megaman has low representation and every footage of competitive megaman play is useful for us

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
You handled that Yoshi pretty well, also good stuff against the Mario. Can't say anything, rather, i want to ask for tips against those two. But can i ask why the lack of music?

A battle against a Sheik! What do you think? Sheik is really annoying :/
I was actually thinking that was a pretty bad Sheik at the beggining, all ftrhows>nair attempts when dthrow> whatever would be guaranteed damage, and all those random vanishes on stage. But it seems like something clicked on her mind, cause she started playing a lot better some point after the first stock(still attempting fthrow instead of dthrow tho...)

Felt like you were in control for the most part, but she adapted better, and you should play a little more defensive if you have a stock lead. Trying to chase her is what got you hit by that random vanish for your first death.

That airdodge read for the final stock, i don't know what i could've done either.
What's the optimal DI against this stupid ninja's dthrow ? Cause if it is always a 50/50 at kill percents, then yeah, not much we can do other than "dont get grabbed".

Some times you would also fsmash trying to get her landing, when you could instead go for a bair or an usmash when u read where she would land, like at around 1:16,you could have charged more in order to actually hit her with the fsmash, or just waited and get some other punish. Be more careful with fsmash in general, you.
You are getting better ! Keep it up.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
You handled that Yoshi pretty well, also good stuff against the Mario. Can't say anything, rather, i want to ask for tips against those two. But can i ask why the lack of music?

I was actually thinking that was a pretty bad Sheik at the beggining, all ftrhows>nair attempts when dthrow> whatever would be guaranteed damage, and all those random vanishes on stage. But it seems like something clicked on her mind, cause she started playing a lot better some point after the first stock(still attempting fthrow instead of dthrow tho...)

Felt like you were in control for the most part, but she adapted better, and you should play a little more defensive if you have a stock lead. Trying to chase her is what got you hit by that random vanish for your first death.

That airdodge read for the final stock, i don't know what i could've done either.
What's the optimal DI against this stupid ninja's dthrow ? Cause if it is always a 50/50 at kill percents, then yeah, not much we can do other than "dont get grabbed".

Some times you would also fsmash trying to get her landing, when you could instead go for a bair or an usmash when u read where she would land, like at around 1:16,you could have charged more in order to actually hit her with the fsmash, or just waited and get some other punish. Be more careful with fsmash in general, you.
You are getting better ! Keep it up.
Inspiring, thanks! I think Ill only use Fsmash for its intangibility properties (like for Luigi's fireballs) but not as a punisher or a bait, aerials are better for that

Top Bottom