• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

So some of the guys of my local scene got together for some free play and practice last week, we did a crew battle and they recorded it. I tried to post it on the right time, but if it doesn't work, skip to 12:06 for my match.

I don't know what to tell ya, loads of miss inputs(try a bair, get a lemon, etc), i had to lose 2 stocks in order to start playing right, and even then i rolled around a lot and lost many punishes and edge guard opportunities. I find Rosalina to be one of the easiest characters to edge guard, but i didn't put that to action here.
I lost a lot during the whole day in friendlies actually, think i only won one match and my opponnent wasn't even using his main. I'm on another level than the other guys, a level below, that is.

I may go to another of this free plays, and i think it will have another crew battle. Really want some help here on what i need to improve. I find that i'm getting grabbed a lot more than i should, and even though i kept telling myself before hand that i need to do other things, i still freakin' roll whenever in a tight spot.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I failed to get a Z-Drop on the Metal Blade, but this was incredibly satisfying. :)
User question: Do you guys think I'm a subpar MM player? Compared to other MM players, I'm bad in comparison, but what do you guys think? For a critique thread, I never got much feedback.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Here is a video I thought was pretty funny with the 2 last kills. It was against a pretty bad sonic on anthers ladder. Use the stage to your advantage!

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
I failed to get a Z-Drop on the Metal Blade, but this was incredibly satisfying. :)
User question: Do you guys think I'm a subpar MM player? Compared to other MM players, I'm bad in comparison, but what do you guys think? For a critique thread, I never got much feedback.
I honestly have not watched much of your play, but from this video i can tell that you need to work on your movement especially when it comes to pellets.
Watch this video, it helped me a ton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJSQWp12HtY

D

Deleted member

I ran into itsameSMB on FG last night. Pretty neat. I saw him on Clash Tournaments, at Smash 'n Splash, on YouTube.
I also played him a long time ago (before I knew he went to Smash 'n Splash), and he asked me for a Bo3.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Recording the top screen is how I did it when I did it. Maybe a little of the bottom so you could see the percents, but those don't matter too much.

Also I have to ask why you post your replays in 3 different topics (maybe more?) each time?

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Recording the top screen is how I did it when I did it. Maybe a little of the bottom so you could see the percents, but those don't matter too much.

Also I have to ask why you post your replays in 3 different topics (maybe more?) each time?
So more people can see the battle

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Just so you guys know, that's not me. xlvan321 uses the same color as me

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Just so you guys know, that's not me. xlvan321 uses the same color as me
Lol, when he says boost bladin' is easier with the nunchuk, i guess he isn't kidding. Still, for him to get it this consistently and online, impressive.

Dezmu, mind giving me some input on my match :( ?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Lol, when he says boost bladin' is easier with the nunchuk, i guess he isn't kidding. Still, for him to get it this consistently and online, impressive.

Dezmu, mind giving me some input on my match :( ?
Imo, use that lease shield when you get Rosa off stage, you can do "Hold M Blade, go into leaf shield " and start pressuring her. Don't stand by the edge because she can U-Air out pretty easy and trying to slide didn't really work out. Honestly most of what you were doing would be stuff I may suffer from as well (Trying to get a hit in).

Another thing that stuck out to me was when she lost Luma, you did not change your approach. When Luma dies, go in on Rosa, the MU quite allot in your favor. She's still Rosa but not nearly as hard to approach anymore.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Aerial Ninja and xlvan those were both great matches, I like seeing high quality mega mans!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Imo, use that lease shield when you get Rosa off stage, you can do "Hold M Blade, go into leaf shield " and start pressuring her. Don't stand by the edge because she can U-Air out pretty easy and trying to slide didn't really work out. Honestly most of what you were doing would be stuff I may suffer from as well (Trying to get a hit in).

Another thing that stuck out to me was when she lost Luma, you did not change your approach. When Luma dies, go in on Rosa, the MU quite allot in your favor. She's still Rosa but not nearly as hard to approach anymore.
About the slide, it can actually catch her out of her up B depending on where she comes from,but yeah, after that i stood there like a dumb*** asking to get hit for an uair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I faced one of the best Mega Man mains I've ever played. I didn't know if the player frequented this smashboards page or not. But I was very impressed by their skill. I hate dittos, but I felt these were quite entertaining. Shoutouts to you!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I faced one of the best Mega Man mains I've ever played. I didn't know if the player frequented this smashboards page or not. But I was very impressed by their skill. I hate dittos, but I felt these were quite entertaining. Shoutouts to you!

At the end, did you actually planned that or was it a YOLO flame blast XD ?

D

Deleted member

At the end, did you actually planned that or was it a YOLO flame blast XD ?
Haha, I actually get a lot of Flame Blast kills. I know a lot of Mega mains write it off, but I actually love it. I noticed the blast hits nicely above Mega Man and when he ducks down, I believe his hurtbox follows too. If my opponent whiffs a move and I'm able to get it off early enough, I'll go for it.

tl;dr, It was planned and YOLO haha

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Haha, I actually get a lot of Flame Blast kills. I know a lot of Mega mains write it off, but I actually love it. I noticed the blast hits nicely above Mega Man and when he ducks down, I believe his hurtbox follows too. If my opponent whiffs a move and I'm able to get it off early enough, I'll go for it.

tl;dr, It was planned and YOLO haha
I think that i once used dsmash and ducked under a Ness Fsmash. Like, he used his bat, megaman crouched, then the flames came out and Ness died.

Still, it takes balls to use this move, but if you are not at too much of a percent i guess it's ok. Never trying it against falcon tho... seems like any percent can be kill percent for him.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Looks like the Mario in that first video really thought his reflector was the answer. Those types of people are becoming a bit of a rarity these days. Enjoy that :p

Second match: I'd say the Danger Wrap didn't do much for you.
I'd say thanks, but the Mega Mans in the videos aren't me... again. *Cries internally*
I will still take note of your comments.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
holy **** I played some games with 2112 and dam those were sooo tight wow

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I feel like the mega man ditto is so much different than any of our matchups. So many negated projectiles.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Here is some of me. One against pika one against fox.

I was fishing hard for the kill against pika.

I was rank silver 1 on the ladder and those were both silver 1 ranks as well.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
what a great Megaman! Everyone should watch this video! Btw, do japanese MM know about DITCIT?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Very optimal play. From what I've seen, the Rock Man players don't take as many risks. They probably do know about DICTCIT but it is a risky thing to do. I've seen some very impressive Metal Blade shenanigans come out of Japan though.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Here is some of me. One against pika one against fox.

One thing i will say against Pikachu, you were too obvious with uair whenever he got to the ledge, he always just did the standart get up and shield, it was opportunities for a dash grab or even an uncharged fsmash when he had less invincibility cause of the percent.

what a great Megaman! Everyone should watch this video! Btw, do japanese MM know about DITCIT?
That was some good play, i think the riskiest thing he tried was a few times where he ftilted into the opponnent(not sure why he didn't get shield grabbed) and maybe one dash attack. A lot to learn from that Megaman.

But, how good was this luigi? I mean, seems like he had a lot of trouble getting trough pellets, he got a few powershields but didn't get anything from it, i think he managed to "cyclone" trough one time, but the other times the second and third pellet stopped it, heck, at one point on the end of the first match, he seemed to just give up and walk while taking shots without even shielding, he was clearly frustrated.
I just don't know what to make of this(was the Luigi bad or the MM good?), especially when you see Luigi's like Boss, who just get trough and don't let megaman escape...

Edit: realized i failed to quote the first post, my bad ^^.

Last edited:

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace

One thing i will say against Pikachu, you were too obvious with uair whenever he got to the ledge, he always just did the standart get up and shield, it was opportunities for a dash grab or even an uncharged fsmash when he had less invincibility cause of the percent.

That was some good play, i think the riskiest thing he tried was a few times where he ftilted into the opponnent(not sure why he didn't get shield grabbed) and maybe one dash attack. A lot to learn from that Megaman.

But, how good was this luigi? I mean, seems like he had a lot of trouble getting trough pellets, he got a few powershields but didn't get anything from it, i think he managed to "cyclone" trough one time, but the other times the second and third pellet stopped it, heck, at one point on the end of the first match, he seemed to just give up and walk while taking shots without even shielding, he was clearly frustrated.
I just don't know what to make of this(was the Luigi bad or the MM good?), especially when you see Luigi's like Boss, who just get trough and don't let megaman escape...[/quote]
Hwy btw do you know how to do the ftilt to upair? It seemed really useful on the video!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
On the 6:55 or close to that you can see how he does 3 ftilts andthen jump and uair, I think it is done more frequemtly at the start of the battle

Ah, that. Well, it looks simple to me, he is just firing 3 pellets while jumping back and forward, then he jumps again and does a uair fastfall. It isn't really a big deal, he is not canceling the lag of the pellets(aka after firing the 3rd one, someone like Falcon would have enough time to run and punish, but he is being careful sometimes and delaying his shots, very smart use of pellets), plus the opponent can shield grab that as well if you do it in front of them.

Like i said, that Megaman does seem good but i think that Luigi isn't very good to say they where at an even skill level.

But again, that's what i think, so it would be better if someone more experienced could give some input.

Top Bottom