• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloadable Characters = DENIED

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
So wait, are there still going to be different versions of the game? Because if so, each version would have to have its own Wi-Fi right? (because you have to play people of the same version)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Boohoo? WE HAVE A **** LOAD OF STUFF ALREADY!
So if you found a thousand dollars in cash, you would grab it and run off. When you pick it up you realize there is $500 more, but you don't pick that up, after all, you just got $1000.

I don't see the logic. There is a difference with being content and happy with what is there and accepting more, and wanting more and not being content with what is there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh so true..

Less?
Brawl is a whole new EXPERINCE for me, I have yet to be graced with.
It has MORE than I ever thought it'd have, I am quite pleased thank you.

I'd rather play the game with all this great stuff, then want more that before experincing all the rest.
Your saying, if the possibility arose that we were given the option to receive more, it would displease you?

Now, why?

It's not a very big experience for me...maybe it's perspective on live and how little some people had experiences

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Be careful how you phrase that. That statement by itself is grossly incorrect.
So if you found a thousand dollars in cash, you would grab it and run off. When you pick it up you realize there is $500 more, but you don't pick that up, after all, you just got $1000.

I don't see the logic. There is a difference with being content and happy with what is there and accepting more, and wanting more and not being content with what is there.
I see what you did there, I explained what I meant in another post just on this page.

"Less?

I'd rather play the game with all this great stuff, then want more that before experincing all the rest. "

Your saying, if the possibility arose that we were given the option to receive more, it would displease you?

Now, why?

It's not a very big experience for me...maybe it's perspective on live and how little some people had experiences

I want to be able to experince every last bit of content in this game before I ever decide I wanted more.
So yeah it would piss me off, if I am no were near halfway done with the game and they just latch on more, I'll never get to the end.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
No DLC? Saw that coming.

But IGN could've asked why Roy, Pichu and especially Mewtwo were cut instead of improved...

I know it's a complaint, but there was a great fanbase for these three...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see what you did there, I explained what I meant in another post just on this page.

"Less?

I'd rather play the game with all this great stuff, then want more that before experincing all the rest. "

I want to be able to experince every last bit of content in this game before I ever decide I wanted more.
So yeah it would piss me off, if I am no were near halfway done with the game and they just latch on more, I'll never get to the end.
Strange, somehow who would be displeased with getting more for what they paid for

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I'm still going to wait till Friday, if they planned on releasing something big at a conference, they're not going to release the info before they planned to, especially not to an IGN interview. It's like all the other leaks and speculations that occur, where the big companies deny it till the very end, and then it turns out they were lying and it does happen.

I'm not saying I think DLC has that good of a chance, even though I've hoped for it, but all I'm saying is some stuff might be on non-disclosure for now.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
You hadn't posted yet when I began my reply.

Anyway, that pretty much sums it up for me. I can accept that answer, I just don't see it the same way. I'd actually prefer an experience that would go on for much longer, if the opportunity was given. That isn't to say I am not happy with what is there now, but I am not the kind of person that says no to more.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I'm still going to wait till Friday, if they planned on releasing something big at a conference, they're not going to release the info before they planned to, especially not to an IGN interview. It's like all the other leaks and speculations that occur, where the big companies deny it till the very end, and then it turns out they were lying and it does happen.

I'm not saying I think DLC has that good of a chance, even though I've hoped for it, but all I'm saying is some stuff might be on non-disclosure for now.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
You hadn't posted yet when I began my reply.

Anyway, that pretty much sums it up for me. I can accept that answer, I just don't see it the same way. I'd actually prefer an experience that would go on for much longer, if the opportunity was given. That isn't to say I am not happy with what is there now, but I am not the kind of person that says no to more.
Aye, but besides we get daily stages and that's cool!
and the stage builder adds awesome possibilitys for some sick stages.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
What I don't get is why everyone was pining for old Melee characters instead of new and interesting ones.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Well DUH there isn't going to be

But he IS right, "I don't think" means a possibility...

But he does start by saying NO
The no at the beginning is technically is being answered for the present. There isn't right now any that you can unlock online or anything.

While I don't have hopes,nor do I (or did I) ever expect DLC. This doesn't state that it can never happen. But chances are slim. Unless he was blatantly lying to IGN....

So yeah, no Mewtwo, No Roy, or the other forbidden 7, no Krystal the 35 char roster is it. Get used to it. The nice thing is that if you read other parts of his interview, him working on Smash 4 might be possible. I hope they hold it off till next gen though.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
What I don't get is why everyone was pining for old Melee characters instead of new and interesting ones.
They cling to the past 'cos they cannot let go.
They see their data was on the CD, they hype themself up.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
why oh why is there a :grin: face next to this thread? It should be more like a :( face, or a :mad: face, or a :scared: face, or a :urg: face, or a
face

how could you be unhappy with new features!? It does not compute! *brain asplodes*

Expected/10.

I don't see why you guys are upset. Downloadable content was obviously not going to happen.

Don't set your hopes too high.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The smiley for this thread... people are happy for no more characters?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I'm just happy, I was hoping it wasnt true, and my wish came true so me = :D

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I am seriously contemplating leaving these forums. Lately, they have been much more rude than GameFAQs even.

With the Forbidden 7 and any future DLC being officially thrown out the window. There is little purpose for a roster speculator and analyst such as myself anymore. I don't play the Smash games as professionally as thr tourney goers, and mostly only play them for fun.

In a sense, I am now obsolote. I can no longer contribute to these forums. Roy is gone, and all his fans have abandoned him, and I don't think it would be possible for myself to to single-handedly fight to have him return for Smash 4, if there is even going to be one.

Many people have overlooked my topics and ideas for being too long or "walls of text". I understand now that there was no much purpose for myself to be here in the first place.

I enjoyed making the ULTIMATE Analysis topic, the Roy for Brawl topic, the Knights of Elibe, and being the first one to piece together the 35-character roster. However, I have realized that there is little I could now do to contribute to this forums. Perhaps, I will write a very,m very detailed review of Brawl once I get it. However, I fear that if I don't enjoy it, and if this is reflected in my review, it will be ignored and pushed aside. I met a lot of nice people on these forums, and I hope for the many that stay that they becoome the next Mew2King, Azen, Ken, Gimpyfish, etc.

That is all I can say. Peace be with you all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The no at the beginning is technically is being answered for the present. There isn't right now any that you can unlock online or anything.

While I don't have hopes,nor do I (or did I) ever expect DLC. This doesn't state that it can never happen. But chances are slim. Unless he was blatantly lying to IGN....

So yeah, no Mewtwo, No Roy, or the other forbidden 7, no Krystal the 35 char roster is it. Get used to it. The nice thing is that if you read other parts of his interview, him working on Smash 4 might be possible. I hope they hold it off till next gen though.
As long as he doesn't bother trying to implement as story mode again, I'm fine with him returning.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Well, I am seriously contemplating leaving these forums. Lately, they have been much more rude than GameFAQs even.

With the Forbidden 7 and any future DLC being officially thrown out the window. There is little purpose for a roster speculator and analyst such as myself anymore. I don't play the Smash games as professionally as thr tourney goers, and mostly only play them for fun.

In a sense, I am now obsolote. I can no longer contribute to these forums. Roy is gone, and all his fans have abandoned him, and I don't think it would be possible for myself to to single-handedly fight to have him return for Smash 4, if there is even going to be one.

Many people have overlooked my topics and ideas for being too long or "walls of text". I understand now that there was no much purpose for myself to be here in the first place.

I enjoyed making the ULTIMATE Analysis topic, the Roy for Brawl topic, the Knights of Elibe, and being the first one to piece together the 35-character roster. However, I have realized that there is little I could now do to contribute to this forums. Perhaps, I will write a very,m very detailed review of Brawl once I get it. However, I fear that if I don't enjoy it, and if this is reflected in my review, it will be ignored and pushed aside. I met a lot of nice people on these forums, and I hope for the many that stay that they becoome the next Mew2King, Azen, Ken, Gimpyfish, etc.

o.o... wow...
Sad to see you go man, best of luck with you in the future.
Maybe we can brawl online sometime..
Take care man

Chepe

Smash Lord
It sucks that you are leaving Chrono, but I dont think we can stop you... why dont you stick around for Sakurai's speech on Friday and for an explanation/confession by Tfox at least?

You have very depressing posts.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

Cheer up a bit!

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
This thread reminds me of how little kids interpret their parents' answers:

Yes means yes.
Maybe means yes.
No means maybe.

Don't be childish; it's NOT going to happen. All you're going to do is build yourself up to be disappointed and then you'll think Brawl a lesser game because it didn't have something you were SURE it was going to have but really never had any plans of having.
Actually, those 3 statements tend to apply all throughout life.

In any case, please, stop being stupid, people. It's not going to happen. Quit griping and pining over your worthless wishes for this game, and enjoy it for what it is. Absolutely amazing.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
As long as he doesn't bother trying to implement as story mode again, I'm fine with him returning.
I'm fine with a cool good story mode. It's when it takes from other parts of the game that it's a bad thing. SSE look incredibly fun, but I do think they may have put too much focus on what will only last for the first month for most of us. Sure you might go back and play it time to time but it won't be what makes the game last forever.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Haha I hope there are no download characters just so people who really really want it will get all mad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Good luck in life.
I didn't always agree with what you said, but you were always an interesting poster.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It sucks that you are leaving Chrono, but I dont think we can stop you... why dont you stick around for Sakurai's speech on Friday and for an explanation/confession by Tfox at least?
Since you requested it, I will stick around for Sakurai's speech. I am also waiting on an explaination/confession from Tfox. He was very consistent and truthful with all the people he talked to. However, he said that he trusted his source fully. I am eager to learn his explanation as that he promised that if Sakurai did not mention DLC in his speech his Friday that he would contact his source and press him for more info.

As for the speech, I don't think anything of merit will come out of it besides possbily the reason why he cut fan-favorites such as Mewtwo & Roy.

Also, I am sorry for all of the grammar and spelling mistakes in my previous post, my head just hurts.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
Good.

NOW THEN SMASH COMMUNITY!

What the hell else do you need Sakurai to deconfirm before this cluster**** ends?

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
If your dog dies your not just going to forget about it immediately and buy a new one are you? I've been playing Melee since it came out, and now two of my favorite characters are gone. I know Dr. Mario wasn't a unique character in anyway, but he was still one of my favorites and has been for about six years now. He's probably the only character I've played consistently for that time, and I'm really going to miss being able to use him. I always liked Mewtwo too, even though I suck with him, and now I won't even get a chance to use him in Brawl. I was actually planning on getting good with him when the game came out, but now he's not even in it.

I'm disappointed and confused by this. I know I should be happy with what I'm getting, but it could have been so much more with just one feature. As it is now, it'll probably be the greatest game I've ever played, but it could have been the ultimate game. A consistently updated game would allow all those people that whined about who made it and who didn't could have been satisfied. The game could have been kept fresh for the life of the Wii, which would have been perfect since that's probably how long it'll be until we get another Smash Bros. As long as the game was supported, it wouldn't have needed a sequel as long as we kept getting new stuff.

The thing that confuses me though is how is the Wii incapable of it? I'm probably just stupid for saying this, but I've seen other people say the same things and I've yet to see somebody correct them. We're already getting DLC for this game with the stage builder, replays and screenshots, and we can download full games to the Wii. Isn't it possible to just use SD cards to save this stuff too?

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, people, he started with the word "no" for ****'s sake. It's NOT going to happen. Get over it and stop thinking because he said "think" it'll still happen.

God****, the Brawl Board's idiocy level is at its peak.

Top Bottom